Senate confirmations - time for some payback

Biden is going to win. Democrats always win once it's into this stage of counts and recount. Here's the formula.
The last time we were into this "stage of counts and recount" was in 2000, which political crime family won the Presidency in that election?

Obviously the Democrats in Florida where following my formula until the SCOTUS stopped the Democrats in Miami Dade and Broward from continuing to vote weeks after the election. But if you re-read my post, clearly what I said was the game plan. I agree it's theoretically possible they get stopped, but I'm not counting on it. It's so unlikely
LOL, so your original assertion: "Democrats always win once it's into this stage of counts and recount." doesn't really square well with reality, huh?

kaz said:
Republicans need to slow walk and vote against every Biden nomination for the judiciary and for his administration for the next four years, just like Democrats did to Trump the last four.
Nightfox said:
How exactly did the Democrats "slow walk" Trumps judiciary nominations? Haven't the Republicans controlled the Senate for the last 4 years and didn't the Democrats remove the filibuster for judicial nominations during the Nimrod Administration?
kaz said:
If you want to discuss this, I will. But if you seriously don't know anything about how Democrats slow walked every Trump nomination and how they voted against them all for four years
How does voting against a judicial nominee equate to "slow walking" when the fact of the matter is that the Dems had absolutely ZERO power to affect the fate of any nominee as long as the Republicrats voted en mass (which they did).

kaz said:
and if you don't know that Trump didn't have an administration because of until summer, then you're so completely clueless about the topic that you aren't even interesting.
Can you please repeat that in English?

Describe what you know Democrats did to slow walk Trump appointees the last four years. I'm not playing games with you. First you denied you had any idea what I was talking about. Now you're beating around the bush.
That's simple, THEY DIDN'T; Trump's judicial appointees were smooth sailing given the removal of the filibuster for judicial nominees below the SCOTUS level by the Democrats and the removal of the filibuster of SCOTUS nominees by the Republicans, heck weren't you paying attention to the lightning speed nomination of Amy Coney Barrett to SCOTUS? that wasn't an outlier that's representative of the smooth sailing he's had in this regard for the last 4 years.

... and Trump and his merry band of miscreants have the Democrats to thank for all that smooth sailing since they were dumb enough to go along with the removal of the filibuster in the first place, it was Trumps predecessor President Nimrod that was subject to the "slow walking" of judicial nominees.

And as someone who hates both parties, why don't you want quagmire? I love DC quagmire. Everything they all do is bad
DC is a quagmire because of the two crime families.. er. parties and it's a quagmire with far too much power over the lives of the citizenry. I don't want a quagmire in DC, I want a sleepy little village that only stirs when it's really needed.

OK, so you don't know what you are talking about. The filibuster was removed, but there were many procedure abilities still the minority party could use to slow deliberation on judicial appointments and administration appointments.
Nonsense, the pace of Trump's judicial appointee confirmations was if anything way above par given the aforementioned roadblock removals (prompting Daffy Donny to gleefully speculate he was going to get a record number (300) judicial nominees confirmed in his first term), you're just reaching for some justification to your completely counterproductive suggestion that the Republicrats engage in yet more of the petulant "payback" bullshit that both parties have been engaging in for FAR TOO LONG.

Trump had a FAR easier time in this regards than his predecessors, and you know it, you just won't admit it because it doesn't fit your narrative, which is odd since it runs counter to Trumps own statements on this issue.

Here endth the lesson.

DC is a quagmire because of the two crime families.. er. parties and it's a quagmire with far too much power over the lives of the citizenry. I don't want a quagmire in DC, I want a sleepy little village that only stirs when it's really needed.

Funny how you keep saying this and melting down when I say to shut them down, LOL. You're like no, kaz, let the Marxist Democrats rule! Funny stuff
Again you resort to complete gibberish and manufacturing straw men out of thin air, it's just too bad you're not any good at it, because I really do appreciate a good straw man when I see one.:rolleyes:

Biden is going to win. Democrats always win once it's into this stage of counts and recount. Here's the formula.
The last time we were into this "stage of counts and recount" was in 2000, which political crime family won the Presidency in that election?

Obviously the Democrats in Florida where following my formula until the SCOTUS stopped the Democrats in Miami Dade and Broward from continuing to vote weeks after the election. But if you re-read my post, clearly what I said was the game plan. I agree it's theoretically possible they get stopped, but I'm not counting on it. It's so unlikely
LOL, so your original assertion: "Democrats always win once it's into this stage of counts and recount." doesn't really square well with reality, huh?

kaz said:
Republicans need to slow walk and vote against every Biden nomination for the judiciary and for his administration for the next four years, just like Democrats did to Trump the last four.
Nightfox said:
How exactly did the Democrats "slow walk" Trumps judiciary nominations? Haven't the Republicans controlled the Senate for the last 4 years and didn't the Democrats remove the filibuster for judicial nominations during the Nimrod Administration?
kaz said:
If you want to discuss this, I will. But if you seriously don't know anything about how Democrats slow walked every Trump nomination and how they voted against them all for four years
How does voting against a judicial nominee equate to "slow walking" when the fact of the matter is that the Dems had absolutely ZERO power to affect the fate of any nominee as long as the Republicrats voted en mass (which they did).

kaz said:
and if you don't know that Trump didn't have an administration because of until summer, then you're so completely clueless about the topic that you aren't even interesting.
Can you please repeat that in English?

Describe what you know Democrats did to slow walk Trump appointees the last four years. I'm not playing games with you. First you denied you had any idea what I was talking about. Now you're beating around the bush.
That's simple, THEY DIDN'T; Trump's judicial appointees were smooth sailing given the removal of the filibuster for judicial nominees below the SCOTUS level by the Democrats and the removal of the filibuster of SCOTUS nominees by the Republicans, heck weren't you paying attention to the lightning speed nomination of Amy Coney Barrett to SCOTUS? that wasn't an outlier that's representative of the smooth sailing he's had in this regard for the last 4 years.

... and Trump and his merry band of miscreants have the Democrats to thank for all that smooth sailing since they were dumb enough to go along with the removal of the filibuster in the first place, it was Trumps predecessor President Nimrod that was subject to the "slow walking" of judicial nominees.

And as someone who hates both parties, why don't you want quagmire? I love DC quagmire. Everything they all do is bad

OK, so you don't know what you are talking about. The filibuster was removed, but there were many procedure abilities still the minority party could use to slow deliberation on judicial appointments and administration appointments.
Nonsense, the pace of Trump's judicial appointee confirmations was if anything way above par given the aforementioned roadblock removals (prompting Daffy Donny to gleefully speculate he was going to get a record number (300) judicial nominees confirmed in his first term), you're just reaching for some justification to your completely counterproductive suggestion that the Republicrats engage in yet more of the petulant "payback" bullshit that both parties have been engaging in for FAR TOO LONG.

Trump had a FAR easier time in this regards than his predecessors, and you know it, you just won't admit it because it doesn't fit your narrative, which is odd since it runs counter to Trumps own statements on this issue.

Here endth the lesson.

You're ignorant and apparently willfully so. I can't believe you're claiming you don't even remember how long it took Trump to even get an administration past the Senate. You're a Democrat stooge

Funny how you keep saying this and melting down when I say to shut them down, LOL. You're like no, kaz, let the Marxist Democrats rule! Funny stuff
Again you resort to complete gibberish and manufacturing straw men out of thin air, it's just too bad you're not any good at it, because I really do appreciate a good straw man when I see one.:rolleyes:

You can fix ignorance, but you can't fix stupid. You don't know what you're talking about and apparently want to not know.

Funny stuff though how you keep calling DC corrupt and you're melting down at the idea of stopping them from doing more harm, LOL

Forum List

Back