Senate Dems Crossover

This is what will happen: Obama will sign the pipeline bill if the Senate promises NOT to stop his executive order concerning illegal immigrant amnesty. Nothing happens by mistake. The media has purposely placed these two, key issues in the forefront for all to see. The GOP actually wants illegals to be "legalized" for cheap labor and for the fees and taxes they'll be able to collect as a result. And the shell game continues.

How can the Senate stop an Executive Order? Hint: They can't!
It seems to me that the one that legalizes 5 million illegal immigrants (that would be Obama) would be the one wanting cheap labor and the fees and taxes they will collect. But, that is just me.

This is what will happen: Obama will sign the pipeline bill if the Senate promises NOT to stop his executive order concerning illegal immigrant amnesty. Nothing happens by mistake. The media has purposely placed these two, key issues in the forefront for all to see. The GOP actually wants illegals to be "legalized" for cheap labor and for the fees and taxes they'll be able to collect as a result. And the shell game continues.

It seems to me that the one that legalizes 5 million illegal immigrants (that would be Obama) would be the one wanting cheap labor and the fees and taxes they will collect. But, that is just me.

The reason both Parties have done ZERO to stop illegal immigration is because both Parties see some perceived benefit for leaving the southern border completely porous. Ironically, both Parties likely see the benefit in building the pipeline. Each Party has to appear to be representing their constituents but are more closely in line with each other (philosophically) than they dare admit.

in a gallingly insipid moment during a recent trip to Asia, he claimed it would not lower gas prices for U.S. drivers but would allow Canada to "pump their oil, send it through our land, down to the Gulf, where it will be sold everywhere else."
I know the man is not stupid but that was a REMARKABLY stupid comment. Oil is a relatively fungible commodity and anything which facilitates getting it to market more efficiently tends to bring the price down EVERYWHERE ... including here at home.

It is scary that the most powerful man in the world would be that blatantly ignorant of basic economics. If literally took the first introduction to economics class he would learn why what he said was wrong at the beginning of the semester. It's unbelievable.

Mary Landrieux said she was confidant she had 60 votes behind her. I wonder who the one Democrat turncoat is? It'll come out and I hope the rat is skinned.

It was the Democrat that President Obama called and begged not to make him have to veto the legislation.

The reason both Parties have done ZERO to stop illegal immigration is because both Parties see some perceived benefit for leaving the southern border completely porous. Ironically, both Parties likely see the benefit in building the pipeline. Each Party has to appear to be representing their constituents but are more closely in line with each other (philosophically) than they dare admit.

The reason the Republicans give for not passing a so called comprehensive immigration bill is because they insist on border security FIRST.
The pipeline is dead as long as there aren't 67 votes in the Senate to over ride an almost certain Obama veto. Obama is a Democrat.

in a gallingly insipid moment during a recent trip to Asia, he claimed it would not lower gas prices for U.S. drivers but would allow Canada to "pump their oil, send it through our land, down to the Gulf, where it will be sold everywhere else."
I know the man is not stupid but that was a REMARKABLY stupid comment. Oil is a relatively fungible commodity and anything which facilitates getting it to market more efficiently tends to bring the price down EVERYWHERE ... including here at home.

It is scary that the most powerful man in the world would be that blatantly ignorant of basic economics. If literally took the first introduction to economics class he would learn why what he said was wrong at the beginning of the semester. It's unbelievable.

He has persistently displayed his ignorance of economics. Frankly, he should keep that ignorance to himself.

I don't think he's ignorant. I think he's got a plan and he's carrying that plan out in a manner that would make Marx and Stalin smile.

Who knew The Democrat Party had gone all suicidal!

Wait....even the TV commercials warn that those anti-depressants they've been gulping like jelly beans this month can cause that......

If it was a thousand miles of solar panels they'd be wetting themselves....................

The final verdict of the vote was known before a single vote was cast..............It was only allowed to be voted on because Reid knew it wouldn't pass.................It was all for show........so they could try and save a Senate seat........that may become important in 2016 where more GOP seats are up than Dem.

If true, it is pretty good evidence that Reid is competent, and Boehner is not. The former can count votes, the latter cannot.

If it was a thousand miles of solar panels they'd be wetting themselves....................

The final verdict of the vote was known before a single vote was cast..............It was only allowed to be voted on because Reid knew it wouldn't pass.................It was all for show........so they could try and save a Senate seat........that may become important in 2016 where more GOP seats are up than Dem.

It may well have been scripted to allow the Dems who MUST distance themselves from our Prez to do so without forcing Obama's pen. They do not wish to share the fate so many of their Dem comrades suffered earlier this month but this one vote will not save them. They will have to continue to buck the Prez for the next 2 years to prove worthy of reelection. Stay tuned.
:biggrin:

By "stay tuned" did you mean you would look at the vote, who voted for and against, and let us know if your opinion is correct?

The reason the Republicans give for not passing a so called comprehensive immigration bill is because they insist on border security FIRST.
The pipeline is dead as long as there aren't 67 votes in the Senate to over ride an almost certain Obama veto. Obama is a Democrat.
Obama is a Communist first and Democrat second (almost one and the same these days). Ultimately, the pipeline WILL be built with or without a Marxist veto.

It may well have been scripted to allow the Dems who MUST distance themselves from our Prez to do so without forcing Obama's pen. They do not wish to share the fate so many of their Dem comrades suffered earlier this month but this one vote will not save them. They will have to continue to buck the Prez for the next 2 years to prove worthy of reelection. Stay tuned.
:biggrin:

By "stay tuned" did you mean you would look at the vote, who voted for and against, and let us know if your opinion is correct?

It means those Dems who had their hats handed to them and shown the door this month didn't read the cards right. They failed to disengage their ships from the President's in time to avoid the slaughter. The message probably wasn't lost on those who must face the voters in 2 years and was evident in the defection of 15 Senators in the Keystone vote.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back