Senate Dems Delaying/Obstructing Judicial Appointments

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
The administration is vetting and submitted judges for vacancies on the federal bench in record numbers. But, many can even get a hearing because of Dimbocrap tactics.

So, the Democrats are using a number of strategies to delay confirmations on judges. Among the strategies, Democrats are refusing to blue home-state senators from submitting “blue slips” showing their consent to advancing the nomination.

Just another arcane and outdated Senate “custom” that needs to be done away with – and the reform would only need 51 votes if the GOP had senatorial leadership.

Story @ Political Pistachio: Senate Hasn't been Confirming Judges

my letter to my Dimbocrap senator

Senator Cortez-Masto

I am fully aware that you and your fellow Democrats are doing everything possible to block and thwart the efforts of our duly-elected President Donald J. Trump. The effort to delay confirmation of judicial nominees is just one of many things that will be considered by voters in the 2018 election. I will predict now that the GOP will pick up even more seats, local, state, and federal, in the 2018 election.

If you are one withholding your “blue slip” for the nomination of judges, I urge you to stop and do what the majority of Americans want.

I didn’t vote for you as I honestly believe you are nothing but a Harry Reid flack.

Master Sergeant, USA – Retired

and then comes this:

RUMBLINGS: Supreme Court Justice Kennedy Will RETIRE ‘Any Minute Now’ @ RUMBLINGS: Supreme Court Justice Kennedy Will RETIRE ‘Any Minute Now’ (VIDEO) by the same guy who said Priebus was out and Kelly was in.

Good. Delay as long as possible. At least until November 2018.
Something going to change in 2018?
Trump's so far unborn agenda will be aborted
How?
A Democrat controlled Senate and/or House are not going to pass Trump's cruel legislation

and you think that Republicans will lose one or both houses ?
If they don't, then we deserve whatever happens to us. Like we deserved the economic meltdown of '08 and the complete failure of the Iraq and Afghan wars after re-electing Dubya.

The administration is vetting and submitted judges for vacancies on the federal bench in record numbers. But, many can even get a hearing because of Dimbocrap tactics..

'record numbers'- odd isn't it that no one is producing those numbers?

Nor is anyone saying how many of these nominations the Democrats are 'stalling'

Funny how the opposition can stall judicial appointments.......

iu

Good. Delay as long as possible. At least until November 2018.
How?
A Democrat controlled Senate and/or House are not going to pass Trump's cruel legislation

All that is needed it taking the Senate.

How?

Not seeing it happening at this point.

How?

Not seeing it happening at this point.

I don't claim to have a crystal ball- probably will depend on what happens in the next year.

Color me shocked- the OP was a lie.
The administration is vetting and submitted judges for vacancies on the federal bench in record numbers.

Trump has nominated a total of 24 judges- out of 136 vacancies. 19 out of the 24 were nominated in June or July.

So of course- its all the Democrats fault.....lol.

How many of the nominees have the Democrats halted? 1? 2? 3?

Current Judicial Vacancies
Total Vacancies:136

Total Nominees Pending:24

Barrett,Amy Coney 5/8/2017
Newsom,Kevin Christopher 5/8/2017
Palk,Scott L. 5/8/2017
Schiff,Damien Michael 5/8/2017
Stras,David Ryan 5/8/2017
Eid,Allison H. 6/7/2017
Erickson,Ralph R. 6/7/2017
Friedrich,Dabney Langhorne 6/7/2017
Kelly,Timothy J. 6/7/2017
McFadden,Trevor N. 6/7/2017
Schwartz,Stephen S. 6/7/2017
Boom,Claria Horn 6/12/2017
Bibas,Stephanos 6/19/2017
Brown,Michael Lawrence 7/13/2017
Campbell Jr.,William L. 7/13/2017
Farr,Thomas Alvin 7/13/2017
Goodwin,Charles Barnes 7/13/2017
Norris Sr.,Mark Saalfield 7/13/2017
Parker,Thomas Lee Robinson 7/13/2017
Ray II,William M. 7/13/2017
Richardson,Eli Jeremy 7/13/2017
Self III,Tilman Eugene 7/13/2017
Axon,Annemarie Carney 7/19/2017
Burke,Liles Clifton 7/19/2017

The point is, once they are moved out of committee, they usually win by margin of 80% plus.

Forum List

Back