Senate Dimrats Vow to Filibuster Trumps SCOTUS Pick Without Knowing Who It Is

the left cant stop anything, Trump will just go with 51 votes
Can't do that for SC nominee.
Republican will need 8 Dems to get to 60. It won't happen.
That's just a Senate rule, and can be changed with a majority vote. Harry Reid opened the door already to the "nuclear option", and I fully expect the Republicans to expand on what he did. Funny how things like that come back to bite democrats in the butt.

Democrats should filibuster any pick that isn't Merrick Garland

If the choice is for banning abortions,as promised, he's against settled law and mainstream politics and 64% of the country, and should be stopped. This is just the New BS GOP keeping one of its never ending stupid wedge issues alive to distract the chumps from obvious solutions to their pander to the rich thievery.
Stupid wedge issue? The wedge is between your ears, the simplest tool known to man. About half of Americans are against abortion on demand and the Supreme court would turn it back to the states where it belongs, not outlaw it.

If the choice is for banning abortions,as promised, he's against settled law and mainstream politics and 64% of the country, and should be stopped. This is just the New BS GOP keeping one of its never ending stupid wedge issues alive to distract the chumps from obvious solutions to their pander to the rich thievery.
Stupid wedge issue? The wedge is between your ears, the simplest tool known to man. About half of Americans are against abortion on demand and the Supreme court would turn it back to the states where it belongs, not outlaw it.

Only 19% of Americans believe abortion should be illegal

Abortion

That's just a Senate rule, and can be changed with a majority vote. Harry Reid opened the door already to the "nuclear option", and I fully expect the Republicans to expand on what he did. Funny how things like that come back to bite democrats in the butt.

Funny how Republicans continually drive the the necessity for such actions. The nuclear option was only considered and employed for lower court appointments and only after a record number of vacancies had accrued due to unprecedented obstruction by the Repubs. It was never considered for use with SC nominees. The Repubs, given their disregard for regular order and inability to govern honorably, will no doubt go full douchebag on this.

Funny how Republicans continually drive the the necessity for such actions. The nuclear option was only considered and employed for lower court appointments and only after a record number of vacancies had accrued due to unprecedented obstruction by the Repubs. It was never considered for use with SC nominees. The Repubs, given their disregard for regular order and inability to govern honorably, will no doubt go full douchebag on this.
You do remember, don't you, that before Reid actually implemented the nuclear option, the Republicans considered using it, but didn't? Face it, Reid opened a door that he will probably regret opening. He made it easier to take the next step.

You do remember, don't you, that before Reid actually implemented the nuclear option, the Republicans considered using it, but didn't? Face it, Reid opened a door that he will probably regret opening. He made it easier to take the next step.

I fully support Democrats forcing the Republicans to have to use the nuclear option for Supreme Court nominees
It opens the door for all future appointments

I fully support Democrats forcing the Republicans to have to use the nuclear option for Supreme Court nominees
Naturally. Everything is cyclical, and when one party opens a door, the other one walks through it too. In this case, the filibuster isn't even a law, it's just a rule, and can be changed.

Naturally. Everything is cyclical, and when one party opens a door, the other one walks through it too. In this case, the filibuster isn't even a law, it's just a rule, and can be changed.

I'm good with eliminating the whole thing

It is a tool that was meant for critical circumstances and is now being applied to all legislation and appointments
Take the tool away

Why did Reid feel it necessary to open that door?

The left continue to show they have learned nothing.
And Trump gains a few hundred thousand more supporters.

Senate Democrats Vow to Filibuster Trump's Supreme Court Choice

And that is different from the Republicans vowing to not hold a hearing for Obama's Supreme Court Choice without knowing who it was? :cuckoo:

They knew Obama would nominate a liberal and he did. No vote required as it was a waste of time.

I love it when you provide such clear examples of rightwing hypocrisy.

The left continue to show they have learned nothing.
And Trump gains a few hundred thousand more supporters.

Senate Democrats Vow to Filibuster Trump's Supreme Court Choice

And that is different from the Republicans vowing to not hold a hearing for Obama's Supreme Court Choice without knowing who it was? :cuckoo:

They knew who it was! It was liberal!

No...they didn't know who it was. They made their decision prior to Obama putting forward ANY nominees.

Any nominee can be filibustered or a hold put on confirmation. Its not that easy, and who ever it is should never be appointed after what was done to Obamas nominee

I'm not a mind reader, how should I know? I can speculate and say that basically he didn't like the fact that, as leader of the Senate, he couldn't ram things through the way he wanted to. He didn't like the minority party acting like it had rights. Of course, his party screeched about minority party rights too, but hey...

Any nominee can be filibustered or a hold put on confirmation. Its not that easy, and who ever it is should never be appointed after what was done to Obamas nominee
So you hate it when it's done, then applaud when it's done? Is it right to do or not?

You do remember, don't you, when the democrats blocked George Bush's Hispanic appointments to the bench?

I'm not a mind reader, how should I know? I can speculate and say that basically he didn't like the fact that, as leader of the Senate, he couldn't ram things through the way he wanted to. He didn't like the minority party acting like it had rights. Of course, his party screeched about minority party rights too, but hey...
Do you know just how many judicial nominations of Obama, the republicans refused to vote on?

Forum List

Back