Senate Impeachment Trial Thread.

Thanks for your question.

The witnesses were called during The House proceedings and they wrote the articles and gaveled the proceedings and sent their work as Concluded & Completed.

Thank you for responding in a respectful manner. It does make sense that only the witnesses used in one trial can be used in the other, but it was my understanding witnesses were blocked in the original house proceedings. It seems weird to me that it’s completely acceptable for the White House to be able to just say “No”. I could be misunderstanding the original process. But if my understanding is correct, it scares me a little to think about future presidencies. If there is suspicion something is going on, is there nothing we can do about it if the White House is allowed to not comply? I don’t think whatever Trump is doing is detrimental. But I worry about the future. There are definitely some scary candidates in our line up. I’d appreciate some easing of my mind :)

The House had the option of subpoenaing them and then taking them to court to determine if Executive Privilege existed or could be set aside. They choose not to, which means they didn't care about the testimony then. If they truly had a case, why would they need it now?
Beats me. Clinton had many of his aids and staffer testify and produced 90,000 white house documents and still was not removed, but he looked real bad. Nixon fought inquiries like hell, Republicans finally showed him the door. I'm just watching history in the making.

You are watching the first truly irrelevant and meaningless impeachment effort in the history of this nation and its sheer ridiculousness will limit the availability of impeachment in case of a REAL need for a generation or more.
Doubt it. I imagine the Republicans will do it out of spite as payback next time a Democrat is elected. As devided as this country is, do you really doubt it?

Time will tell.

Anybody heard about how long this shit is going to go on? Somebody has to blink, and I hope it's not McConnell. If Schumer is going to raise 50 amendments or whatever, that'll take at least the rest of the week if the Senate has to stay in session until the last amendment has been voted on and the rules are voted on too. Some of these guys ain't that young, it won't look good if somebody on either side collapses because of this political nonsense.
I’m sure Collins and mitt are going to side with democrats after sitting through this shit for 12 hours every day lol

Do you think just because Trump will be exonerated that we will forget how unjust and wicked and perversions The Democrat Party has been for the last 4 years?

Do you think you can pull these kind of Evil Acts and not have a backlash from it?

We are not immoral and Hell Bent on destroying everything that is America.

But you are. You are wicked and unrepentant.

So are the Republicans. That is one of the things that makes it interesting.
Relax. It's in the bag. Surely the right on here isn't going whine and attack me for a week on this thing. It's going to be OK. I was on Fox a moment ago. Hannity was talking to a right wing guy who said nobody will remember in November. Enjoy the show. This is third thing of this type I have seen. It is history. You guys need to cheer up. Maybe Hannity and the guy are right. This board will not stop the ball in the air. Mitch will get you through this.
Do you even though exoneration is not possible and never is, like the guy with Hannity think the voters on the other side will forget the process before election day, after he is acquitted?
Dems aren’t event presenting a case they said was overwhelmingly lol .. ITS JOKE BRO.. we know you hate trump but he’s your daddy
Try to keep up. Nostro knows this is just rules and procedural votes. Where were you? Put down that glass and have some coffee.

You are watching the first truly irrelevant and meaningless impeachment effort in the history of this nation and its sheer ridiculousness will limit the availability of impeachment in case of a REAL need for a generation or more.

I disagree, excuse me for that. I've been reading on the others, especially Andrew Johnson (I was watching the Clinton impeachment, don't have to read about it) and all three were meaningless and pointless, except as attempts at a soft coup, to get rid of a prez the other side didn't want: they wanted the power themselves. In no case have the alleged "offenses" been in any way serious or important. They were always an excuse to try to get rid of the other party's guy, and this is what all the ones in the future will be like, IMO.

Do you think just because Trump will be exonerated that we will forget how unjust and wicked and perversions The Democrat Party has been for the last 4 years?

Do you think you can pull these kind of Evil Acts and not have a backlash from it?

We are not immoral and Hell Bent on destroying everything that is America.

But you are. You are wicked and unrepentant.
Relax. It's in the bag. Surely the right on here isn't going whine and attack me for a week on this thing. It's going to be OK. I was on Fox a moment ago. Hannity was talking to a right wing guy who said nobody will remember in November. Enjoy the show. This is third thing of this type I have seen. It is history. You guys need to cheer up. Maybe Hannity and the guy are right. This board will not stop the ball in the air. Mitch will get you through this.
Do you even though exoneration is not possible and never is, like the guy with Hannity think the voters on the other side will forget the process before election day, after he is acquitted?
Dems aren’t event presenting a case they said was overwhelmingly lol .. ITS JOKE BRO.. we know you hate trump but he’s your daddy
Try to keep up. Nostro knows this is just rules and procedural votes. Where were you? Put down that glass and have some coffee.
So stack it and get on with your “overwhelming evidence “ blahhhhh haaaaa haaaa

Anybody heard about how long this shit is going to go on? Somebody has to blink, and I hope it's not McConnell. If Schumer is going to raise 50 amendments or whatever, that'll take at least the rest of the week if the Senate has to stay in session until the last amendment has been voted on and the rules are voted on too. Some of these guys ain't that young, it won't look good if somebody on either side collapses because of this political nonsense.
I’m sure Collins and mitt are going to side with democrats after sitting through this shit for 12 hours every day lol
They have not so far. Every vote has been 53/47 party line including collins and mitt, I am assuming.

They have not so far. Every vote has been 53/47 party line including collins and mitt, I am assuming.
That’s at the end after hearing the evidence they vote on that .. dumb ass

Mitch made the motion for that an hour ago, then table the motion while voting and let it resume.

I am saying, what makes you think that vote will be different?

Mitch made the motion for that an hour ago, then table the motion while voting and let it resume.
Dumb ass because Schumer said NO!

I disagree, excuse me for that. I've been reading on the others, especially Andrew Johnson (I was watching the Clinton impeachment, don't have to read about it) and all three were meaningless and pointless, except as attempts at a soft coup, to get rid of a prez the other side didn't want: they wanted the power themselves. In no case have the alleged "offenses" been in any way serious or important. They were always an excuse to try to get rid of the other party's guy, and this is what all the ones in the future will be like, IMO.

It is certainly ok to disagree, but even Andrew Johnson's impeachment garnered bipartisan support, and it's flawed nature was so blatant that it took over 100 years to have another impeachment.

I read this morning -- Reuters?? that it would go on about a month.

No! No! Not a whole month!!

I don't think Chuckie had deciding vote. It was announced in the chamber that Mitch had tabled to vote to bundle and vote as one.

I am saying, what makes you think that vote will be different?
Are you even following this thing? Do you have dementia?

It is certainly ok to disagree, but even Andrew Johnson's impeachment garnered bipartisan support, and it's flawed nature was so blatant that it took over 100 years to have another impeachment.

I don't recall it had bipartisan support, that's interesting. It was quite a mess, and really about who got to control the Reconstruction, and Johnson was a dubious figure (a hopeless alcoholic, for one thing).

Why they didn't just keep on impeaching every prez that came along after Johnson, I wonder --- political reasons, because I assume now that will become a standard, as it is in France and Italy and other countries, such as Brazil and much of South America: bringing cases against all possible officials for corruption so as to throw them out of power. Now we'll be just another banana republic, thanks to the Dems. Still, the GOP did start this round of the nasty process when they decided to go after Clinton. Of course as a woman I am NOOOOO fan of Clinton's bad behavior, but illicit sex in the White House has quite a long and ignoble history --- Clinton was just the latest practitioner.

I don't think Chuckie had deciding vote. It was announced in the chamber that Mitch had tabled to vote to bundle and vote as one.
Yes it was negotiated during that Quorum , he said no obviously

I don't recall it had bipartisan support, that's interesting. It was quite a mess, and really about who got to control the Reconstruction, and Johnson was a dubious figure (a hopeless alcoholic, for one thing).

Why they didn't just keep on impeaching every prez that came along after Johnson, I wonder --- political reasons, because I assume now that will become a standard, as it is in France and Italy and other countries, such as Brazil and much of South America: bringing cases against all possible officials for corruption so as to throw them out of power. Now we'll be just another banana republic, thanks to the Dems. Still, the GOP did start this round of the nasty process when they decided to go after Clinton. Of course as a woman I am NOOOOO fan of Clinton's bad behavior, but illicit sex in the White House has quite a long and ignoble history --- Clinton was just the latest practitioner.

Clinton was not impeached because of illicit sex. He was impeached because he committed perjury. I truly believe if he'd said, "I'm in my 50s and she's in her 20s....hell yeah I did it", he'd have been overwhelmingly been acclaimed President for the rest of his life.

Smoke break time. 26 deg outside. let me know if anything exciting happens, but I doubt it.

Smoke break time. 26 deg outside. let me know if anything exciting happens, but I doubt it.
Find your brain when your out there

Anyone else out there find it hilarious that Schifferbrain's Clown Brigade wants to discuss any witness that isn't one of the witnesses they questioned in the House?

Kinda makes me question their claim about having an "overwhelming" case.

Forum List

Back