Senate Impeachment Trial Thread.

Clinton was not impeached because of illicit sex. He was impeached because he committed perjury. I truly believe if he'd said, "I'm in my 50s and she's in her 20s....hell yeah I did it", he'd have been overwhelmingly been acclaimed President for the rest of his life.

I don't agree with that --- perjury will NEVER outrank sex in the nation's interest and attention! They simply used a lame perjury charge because outrageous sex in the White House isn't and never was illegal. Darn it.

But I rather like your speculation. I doubt it --- times were different then --- but this is Trump's general approach and I love it now: tell the truth and shame the Devil. Never let anyone put us on the back foot.

Clinton was not impeached because of illicit sex. He was impeached because he committed perjury. I truly believe if he'd said, "I'm in my 50s and she's in her 20s....hell yeah I did it", he'd have been overwhelmingly been acclaimed President for the rest of his life.

I don't agree with that --- perjury will NEVER outrank sex in the nation's interest and attention! They simply used a lame perjury charge because outrageous sex in the White House isn't and never was illegal. Darn it.

But I rather like your speculation. I doubt it --- times were different then --- but this is Trump's general approach and I love it now: tell the truth and shame the Devil. Never let anyone put us on the back foot.

lame? You think it's lame that the chief executive whose job it is to enforce the law choose not to follow the law? Now I disagree.

lame? You think it's lame that the chief executive whose job it is to enforce the law choose not to follow the law? Now I disagree.

Weeellllllll --- I don't know if you watched all that live, as I did, but at the time, there were quite a lot of people who pointed out that NOBODY tells the truth about that kind of thing!! and nobody is expected to, either. No, I don't expect men to tell the truth about stepping out on their wives: they never do, after all. And a president? To the whole nation? After his wife already famously threw a lamp at him?

A lot of us felt the worst crime was talking about it all in public, and I still feel that way. It was disgusting. Shame on the GOP for bringing it up at all and putting polite society and the children through all that.

At least the Trump impeachment nonsense isn't frankly dirty. I suppose that's something to be thankful for. :doubt:

Mitch made the motion for that an hour ago, then table the motion while voting and let it resume.
Dumb ass because Schumer said NO!
I don't think Chuckie had deciding vote. It was announced in the chamber that Mitch had tabled to vote to bundle and vote as one.
Yes it was negotiated during that Quorum , he said no obviously
Smoke break time. 26 deg outside. let me know if anything exciting happens, but I doubt it.
Find your brain when your out there
Well, apparently another 53/47 vote on those two witnesses. Looks like a successful cover up so far in the Senate. I knew you guys were going to be fine.

I don't think Chuckie had deciding vote. It was announced in the chamber that Mitch had tabled to vote to bundle and vote as one.
Smoke break time. 26 deg outside. let me know if anything exciting happens, but I doubt it.
Well, apparently another 53/47 vote on those two witnesses. Looks like a successful cover up so far in the Senate. I knew you guys were going to be fine.
Why are you trolling?

Might as well get this one started.

It's clear from today's pressers by the Dimwingers what their strategy is...........attack the process as unfair, call it a 'rigged' trial even before it starts. (confirmed the prediction in my sig)

They are whining and crying that this isn't like the Clinton impeachment, which is a blatant lie.

No new evidence was brought into the trial during the trial. All evidence was put together prior to the start of the Clinton trial.

Not a single witness was called and testified in public. Only 3 witnesses were called, and they testified in secret. The Dimwingers selectively leaked what they wanted to, and kept the rest secret.

In short, Dimwingers know they have no case despite claiming they have a slame dunk. It is hysterical that they don't know thinking Americans are laughing at their sham.

Cryin' Chucky will now offer up multiple dumbfuck resolutions he knows will go nowhere..........then he will run in front of the cameras to whine and cry about fairness.
Democrats have been destroyed over the last two days. There is not one violation of statutory law cited in the Articles. I tried to explain this the other day to a poster. Seems Democrat and Harvard Law Professor Alan Dershowitz believes the same thing. How can ANY American citizen be put on trial if they haven’t committed a crime?

House played politics to get their phony case for impeachment over to the Senate. Now they have made mockery of themselves as Republicans kick their asses all over the Senate floor.

House played politics to get their phony case for impeachment over to the Senate. Now they have made mockery of themselves as Republicans kick their asses all over the Senate floor.
If Trump had not tried to strong arm Ukraine to benefit his 2020 campaign, by trying to influence foreign government support for his publicity use, this would not have happened. Sit back, watch and enjoy. The results are assured.

If Trump had not tried to strong arm Ukraine to benefit his 2020 campaign, by trying to influence foreign government support for his publicity use, this would not have happened. Sit back, watch and enjoy. The results are assured.
Your trolling , post a link

Hypocrisy? Dems hit Republicans for coordinating on impeachment, but so did Bill Clinton and Dems | CauseACTION Clarion

Schumer just announced that the Democrats will oppose all that will transpire in this trial, excepting that which supports their intent.

Reading this I was immediately reminded of the Dems calling for impeachment --- before Trump was even sworn in.

Hypocrisy? Dems hit Republicans for coordinating on impeachment, but so did Bill Clinton and Dems | CauseACTION Clarion
you want republican hypocrisy? Republican Senators Search for a “Safe Space” on Impeachment | Washington Monthly

Had to laugh. Turned on the TV at 1PM to watch CBS and the guy there talking was saying how he was recently in Texas talking to all kinds of people, Repubs and Dems alike, and they all universally felt we should just let the voters decide in November, and that impeachment was not only a big waste of time, but they were not even interested or following. Another big shit show by the DNC thinking they are going to save the universe and score big brownie points tring to remove Trump a mere 9 months out from the election at the best moment in his first term! :21:

Good point --- I noticed today that the Trump impeachment trial started but the stock market was unperturbed and flat: It DID fall about 2:30 PM, but that was not about the impeachment but the moment the news said a lady with Wuhan Flu had landed in Washington State. Wall Street is SO not impressed.

Trump never tried to “strong arm Ukraine.” That’s all moonshine concocted by liars like Schiff.

What law did he break? Show the statue?

Stop trolling where is the benefit to 2020??

Trump never tried to “strong arm Ukraine.” That’s all moonshine concocted by liars like Schiff.
He’s a troll ignore him

Forum List

Back