Senate Impeachment Trial Thread.

Bullshit. The courts are always the proper place to settle disputes between the President and Congress. The Democrats hijacked the House, trashed the Constitution, worked tirelessly to undermine US policies at home and abroad and sought to prevent the implementation of programs that would have benefited all Americans in order to advance their own political ambitions.
Trashing the constitution is not treating Congress as a co-equal branch of government.

Is that why the Supreme Court had to slap down Obumma 13 times for violating the Constitution and exceeding his presidential powers?

Wouldn't Abuse of Power be exceeding them? Yet, number of times SCOTUS has censured Trump?

ZERO.
Republicans controlled the House and they could have started impeachment proceedings against Obama and did not.

And? Point being?
Was Bill Clinton NOT GUILTY OF COMMITTING perjury to a grand jury?
And Clinton told his staff to comply and cooperate with Congress. Clinton and Even Nixon, respected our system. Trump doesn’t.

The president can use his executive privilege and refuse to be subpoenaed. Those are the facts. Cry all you want. At this point, what difference does it make?
Any privilege is not absolute. Once again if you were actually listening to Schiff and not Fox News, Schiff addressed the issue.

He can claim executive privilege over his documents as well.
Bullshit. The courts are always the proper place to settle disputes between the President and Congress. The Democrats hijacked the House, trashed the Constitution, worked tirelessly to undermine US policies at home and abroad and sought to prevent the implementation of programs that would have benefited all Americans in order to advance their own political ambitions.
Trashing the constitution is not treating Congress as a co-equal branch of government.

Is that why the Supreme Court had to slap down Obumma 13 times for violating the Constitution and exceeding his presidential powers?

Wouldn't Abuse of Power be exceeding them? Yet, number of times SCOTUS has censured Trump?

ZERO.
Republicans controlled the House and they could have started impeachment proceedings against Obama and did not.

And? Point being?
Was Bill Clinton NOT GUILTY OF COMMITTING perjury to a grand jury?
And Clinton told his staff to comply and cooperate with Congress. Clinton and Even Nixon, respected our system. Trump doesn’t.

The president can use his executive privilege and refuse to be subpoenaed. Those are the facts. Cry all you want. At this point, what difference does it make?
Any privilege is not absolute. Once again if you were actually listening to Schiff and not Fox News, Schiff addressed the issue.

If you claim executive privilege for documents , you have to produce those documents. Those documents can have redactions. Then you fight the redactions in court. That is why Trump made no claim of privilege in the House, I believe.
The President did cite executive privilege for persons and documents. Redactions come only if the court orders him to turn over the documents, and then if the Congress objects to the redactions, they have to go to court again. Obama cited executive privilege and refused to turn over documents relating to the fast and furious debacle for years.

ZERO.

And? Point being?

ZERO.

And? Point being?

If you claim executive privilege for documents , you have to produce those documents. Those documents can have redactions. Then you fight the redactions in court. That is why Trump made no claim of privilege in the House, I believe.

Executive privilege is the constitutional principle that permits the president and high-level executive branch officers to withhold information from Congress, the courts, and ultimately the public.

‘It is not unlimited as you are implying.

Nobody said it was unlimited, but he CAN withhold his testimony and his papers from congress, and that is not obstruction nor is it a crime. IT is executive privilege, and Schiff is full of . . . well, we all know what he is full of.

Clinton was impeached for committing perjury, and for obstructing justice. And he should be very thankful that federal district judge in Arkansas, Little Rock, Arkansas, Susan Webber Wright didn’t hold him in contempt until after the impeachment trial in the senate was over – her big mistake, in my view – but she did that because she said she didn’t want it to influence the impeachment trial. When, in fact, she should have just have done it in a timely manner and allow the senate to make its own decision.
If you feel that way about Clinton, what is the difference with Trump.

I will say that I was totally disgusted with Clinton by the time he left office. In retrospect it may have been better if he had been impeached and Gore was elevated to the presidency.

Trump didn’t break any law.
A President would not be breaking the law if he declassified the nuclear codes and put them in the New York Times or gave them to our enemies, but you would agree that action would be impeachable?

How could he put them in the NYT?
If Eric Ciaramella is a big secret, I am pretty sure the press would not print the codes.

Clinton was impeached for committing perjury, and for obstructing justice. And he should be very thankful that federal district judge in Arkansas, Little Rock, Arkansas, Susan Webber Wright didn’t hold him in contempt until after the impeachment trial in the senate was over – her big mistake, in my view – but she did that because she said she didn’t want it to influence the impeachment trial. When, in fact, she should have just have done it in a timely manner and allow the senate to make its own decision.

I will say that I was totally disgusted with Clinton by the time he left office. In retrospect it may have been better if he had been impeached and Gore was elevated to the presidency.

A President would not be breaking the law if he declassified the nuclear codes and put them in the New York Times or gave them to our enemies, but you would agree that action would be impeachable?

Strawman alert!

ZERO.

And? Point being?

How could he put them in the NYT?
If Eric Ciaramella is a big secret, I am pretty sure the press would not print the codes.

Trump may have site
Do you agree that it is impeachable if a President were to release the nuclear codes or divulge our top secrets to an enemy nation state? A President can declassify any intelligence.

ZERO.

And? Point being?

ZERO.

And? Point being?

Executive privilege is the constitutional principle that permits the president and high-level executive branch officers to withhold information from Congress, the courts, and ultimately the public.

Sorta, kinda like how Schiff withheld knowledge of and meeting with the Central Whistleblower upon which their entire case was based, including only himself and a select few close democratic friends who could meet with him in a sheltered, secluded, closed room basement chamber all by themselves.

Strawman alert!
It is not a strawman argument. There is a lot the president can do that are not illegal but may be impeachable.

ZERO.

And? Point being?
Do you agree that it is impeachable if a President were to release the nuclear codes or divulge our top secrets to an enemy nation state? A President can declassify any intelligence.

Strawman. That is irrelevant as it has never happened.

Strawman alert!
It is not a straw an argument. There is a lot the president can do that are not illegal but may be impeachable.

It is. Maybe you don't know what a strawman is. *shrugs*

ZERO.

And? Point being?
I take this to mean you agree that the current article of impeachment are trash.

Strawman alert!
It is not a strawman argument. There is a lot the president can do that are not illegal but may be impeachable.

straw man
/ˌstrô ˈman/

noun
noun: strawman
  1. 1.
    an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.

Blow jobs are impeachable
Using Presidential power to extort political gain is not

And? Point being?

Neither has extorting a nation state for political gain until it did.

Strawman alert!

straw man
/ˌstrô ˈman/

noun
noun: strawman
  1. 1.
    an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.
I was giving a possible situation. Why is it so hard to give a yes or no answer.

Neither has extorting a nation state for political gain until it did.
No, but Joe Biden has been bragging that he did.

And? Point being?
I take this to mean you agree that the current article of impeachment are trash.
I’m asking a simple question.

4 out of 7 House Impeachment Managers voted AGAINST sending lethal aid to Ukraine: Jerry Nadler, Sylvia Garcia, Hakeem Jeffries, and Zoe Lofgren And they want to impeach Trump for delaying the aid they voted against sending in the first place?

ZERO.

And? Point being?

ZERO.

And? Point being?

What you are claiming is the President can do as he wishes and nobody can challenge him

Mueller said a President can’t be prosecuted, Congress must impeach
You say they can’t even impeach him because of executive privilege

4 out of 7 House Impeachment Managers voted AGAINST sending lethal aid to Ukraine: Jerry Nadler, Sylvia Garcia, Hakeem Jeffries, and Zoe Lofgren And they want to impeach Trump for delaying the aid they voted against sending in the first place?
What does that have to do with Trump extorting personal favors for military aid?

Forum List

Back