Senate Impeachment Trial Thread.

Clinton was not impeached because of illicit sex. He was impeached because he committed perjury. I truly believe if he'd said, "I'm in my 50s and she's in her 20s....hell yeah I did it", he'd have been overwhelmingly been acclaimed President for the rest of his life.

I don't agree with that --- perjury will NEVER outrank sex in the nation's interest and attention! They simply used a lame perjury charge because outrageous sex in the White House isn't and never was illegal. Darn it.

But I rather like your speculation. I doubt it --- times were different then --- but this is Trump's general approach and I love it now: tell the truth and shame the Devil. Never let anyone put us on the back foot.

lame? You think it's lame that the chief executive whose job it is to enforce the law choose not to follow the law? Now I disagree.
What law did he break? Show the statue?

18 U.S. Code § 1621.Perjury generally

Learn to use Google, dummy.
When did Trump perjurer Himself. Learn law dumbass.
Clinton was not impeached because of illicit sex. He was impeached because he committed perjury. I truly believe if he'd said, "I'm in my 50s and she's in her 20s....hell yeah I did it", he'd have been overwhelmingly been acclaimed President for the rest of his life.

I don't agree with that --- perjury will NEVER outrank sex in the nation's interest and attention! They simply used a lame perjury charge because outrageous sex in the White House isn't and never was illegal. Darn it.

But I rather like your speculation. I doubt it --- times were different then --- but this is Trump's general approach and I love it now: tell the truth and shame the Devil. Never let anyone put us on the back foot.

lame? You think it's lame that the chief executive whose job it is to enforce the law choose not to follow the law? Now I disagree.
What law did he break? Show the statue?

18 U.S. Code § 1621.Perjury generally

Learn to use Google, dummy.
When did Trump perjurer Himself. Learn law dumbass.

The conversation I was having with circe was about Clinton. Read the thread before jumping in, stupid.

True, you “go to war with the army you have, not the army you might want,” as Donald Rumsfeld said, but surely there are more telegenic Democrats than Nadler and Adam Schiff.
Schiff did a masterful job of detailing the evidence against Trump

Lol! You guys are screwed. And you did it to yourselves with your obsessive hatred. I hope you have learned a valuable lesson. When you hate, you are only hurting yourself. :dunno:

I agree. We should all stop the vitriol, put down the hatchets, calm down and declare peace, order and harmony though this next election cycle.

True, you “go to war with the army you have, not the army you might want,” as Donald Rumsfeld said, but surely there are more telegenic Democrats than Nadler and Adam Schiff.
Schiff did a masterful job of detailing the evidence against Trump

Lol! You guys are screwed. And you did it to yourselves with your obsessive hatred. I hope you have learned a valuable lesson. When you hate, you are only hurting yourself. :dunno:

Trump has earned it

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
How pathetic do you dems feel after today? This whole clown show really reflects on you the dem base voter. This was all for you. And now what? You still hanging on to this bullshit you were sold?

I feel pretty good

Dems laid down a solid case against Trumps actions and Republicans did little to refute it

Of course Republicans won’t buy it.....But History will

How pathetic do you dems feel after today? This whole clown show really reflects on you the dem base voter. This was all for you. And now what? You still hanging on to this bullshit you were sold?

I feel pretty good

Dems laid down a solid case against Trumps actions and Republicans did little to refute it

It only took Trumps team a couple hours to show what lying frauds democrat politicians are and how gullible and stupid their supporters are. No amount of time can pass before that changes. The dem party, their journalist cheerleaders and ignorant supporters all look like retards.

I feel pretty good

Like every good good progressive....spiking the football on symbolism and billboards!:2up:. Nobody cares.

A blast from the past that shows how corrupt republicans are today.

Lindsey Graham “YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO BE CONVICTED OF A CRIME TO LOSE YOUR JOB"

Lindsey Graham “YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO BE CONVICTED OF A CRIME TO LOSE YOUR JOB"

You are scrambling.

Your House Clowns have already been destroyed.

Many on the right have been propagating the lie that to remove Trump from office would be to ‘overturn’ the 2016 General Election.

This is as ignorant as it is wrong.

Presidents are not elected by the people – they’re elected by the states. The states have the authority to elect a president and they have the authority to remove a president from office.

And as the body representing the states, the Senate has the authority to remove Trump from office; the states (the Senate) removing Trump from office is not ‘interference’ because it was the states that elected Trump president in 2016.

Then there’s this desperate sophistry from the right:

‘Cipollone said removing Trump and taking him off the ballot in November would mean having to “tear up all of the ballots across this country on your own initiative, take that decision away from the American people.”’

Defense at Senate trial says ousting Trump would be 'massive interference' in election

This fails as a red herring fallacy.
Holy fk dude, you don’t even know how a president is elected. That explains your stupid now!

Looks pretty lame

They can’t really defend what Trump tried to do

That's the whole point, dumbass. Trump just didn't do anything illegal, wrong or even mean spirited. He simply did his job according to the law. However, it's not his job to keep you idiots from looking like the fools you are.
Old RW CAN be mighty dim at times.............THIS is one of them.
Name the crime! Check mate

OMG, I get it now! Donald Trump actually believes anything and everything he's done with Ukraine was "perfect;" "no crime here." Someone should make a movie titled "Clueless 2020: Trump at Large." Best analogy I've heard so far is why should anyone believe a Defendant in a trial that says "I didn't do it" or in this case "no quid pro quo"? If this were the case, there are a million people currently in prison who swear they are innocent and have been wrongfully convicted. What a joke! Add in the fact that the person saying "I didn't do it" and "it was perfect," couldn't and wouldn't tell the truth if his life depended on it and benefit of the doubt exits the room. GIVE IT A REST! Americans need to kick his fat, orange, baggy eyed, sexually deviant ass to the curb in November along with every Republican Senator who votes to acquit him. The Senate obviously plans to put Party over Country and oaths are just words people say that mean nothing. It's a great day in America!

I don't care who you vote for in November, this Country needs to have record turnouts. Let's actually demonstrate to the world that we take our freedom seriously, we won't tolerate blatant, in-your-face corruption, and that we are and have always been the greatest Country on the face of the Earth!
What is the crime?

Check mate

Lol.....a vid from 50 years ago!!

Nobody cares s0n!:abgg2q.jpg:

Skooks, they can’t name a crime! It’s spectacular.

They write diatribe posts and what is there? Blah, blah, orange man bad

You don't need a crime to impeach. Now this will take some thinking and reading on the part of Trumpers, so I don't have much hope they will read it much less grasp what it means:

’The convention adopted “high crimes and misdemeanors” with little discussion. Most of the framers knew the phrase well. Since 1386, the English parliament had used “high crimes and misdemeanors” as one of the grounds to impeach officials of the crown. Officials accused of “high crimes and misdemeanors” were accused of offenses as varied as misappropriating government funds, appointing unfit subordinates, not prosecuting cases, not spending money allocated by Parliament, promoting themselves ahead of more deserving candidates, threatening a grand jury, disobeying an order from Parliament, arresting a man to keep him from running for Parliament, losing a ship by neglecting to moor it, helping “suppress petitions to the King to call a Parliament,” granting warrants without cause, and bribery. Some of these charges were crimes. Others were not. The one common denominator in all these accusations was that the official had somehow abused the power of his office and was unfit to serve.“

https://www.crf-usa.org/impeachment/high-crimes-and-misdemeanors.htm

You don't need a crime to impeach. Now this will take some thinking and reading on the part of Trumpers, so I don't have much hope they will read it much less grasp what it means:

’The convention adopted “high crimes and misdemeanors” with little discussion. Most of the framers knew the phrase well. Since 1386, the English parliament had used “high crimes and misdemeanors” as one of the grounds to impeach officials of the crown. Officials accused of “high crimes and misdemeanors” were accused of offenses as varied as misappropriating government funds, appointing unfit subordinates, not prosecuting cases, not spending money allocated by Parliament, promoting themselves ahead of more deserving candidates, threatening a grand jury, disobeying an order from Parliament, arresting a man to keep him from running for Parliament, losing a ship by neglecting to moor it, helping “suppress petitions to the King to call a Parliament,” granting warrants without cause, and bribery. Some of these charges were crimes. Others were not. The one common denominator in all these accusations was that the official had somehow abused the power of his office and was unfit to serve.“

Well yeah you do! Hey, thanks for playing

Well yeah you do! Hey, thanks for playing
Told ya they wouldn't read or grasp what the post meant.

Thanks for proving my point.

Forum List

Back