Senate Impeachment Trial Thread.

You don't need a crime to impeach. Now this will take some thinking and reading on the part of Trumpers, so I don't have much hope they will read it much less grasp what it means:

’The convention adopted “high crimes and misdemeanors” with little discussion. Most of the framers knew the phrase well. Since 1386, the English parliament had used “high crimes and misdemeanors” as one of the grounds to impeach officials of the crown. Officials accused of “high crimes and misdemeanors” were accused of offenses as varied as misappropriating government funds, appointing unfit subordinates, not prosecuting cases, not spending money allocated by Parliament, promoting themselves ahead of more deserving candidates, threatening a grand jury, disobeying an order from Parliament, arresting a man to keep him from running for Parliament, losing a ship by neglecting to moor it, helping “suppress petitions to the King to call a Parliament,” granting warrants without cause, and bribery. Some of these charges were crimes. Others were not. The one common denominator in all these accusations was that the official had somehow abused the power of his office and was unfit to serve.“

https://www.crf-usa.org/impeachment/high-crimes-and-misdemeanors.htm
If you don’t need a crime then wtf do you need more witnesses for?

You morons have gone from crimes so horrible we can’t wait to get him out of office to not needing any crimes. Pathetic losers.
You obviously are completely lost as to what an impeachment proceeding is. A trial always has witnesses. Re-read the quote in my post then come back with something more intelligent.

It's not up to the jury to call witnesses in the trial. All that should have been done in the House and then submitted to the Senate, which is the jury. Sorry if your side didn't understand the rules.
The dude should take a civic’s course

It would have helped.

True, you “go to war with the army you have, not the army you might want,” as Donald Rumsfeld said, but surely there are more telegenic Democrats than Nadler and Adam Schiff.
Schiff did a masterful job of detailing the evidence against Trump

Lol! You guys are screwed. And you did it to yourselves with your obsessive hatred. I hope you have learned a valuable lesson. When you hate, you are only hurting yourself. :dunno:

Trump has earned it
True, you “go to war with the army you have, not the army you might want,” as Donald Rumsfeld said, but surely there are more telegenic Democrats than Nadler and Adam Schiff.
Schiff did a masterful job of detailing the evidence against Trump

Lol! You guys are screwed. And you did it to yourselves with your obsessive hatred. I hope you have learned a valuable lesson. When you hate, you are only hurting yourself. :dunno:

Trump has earned it

Trump earned the screwing that the Democrats have given themselves?
Doesn’t look that way

70 percent of the public thinks the phone call was inappropriate, 50 percent think he should be impeached for it

Let Trump run as an impeached President and let the voters decide if it is a big deal

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Trump Impeachment and Removal From Office: Support/Oppose

It doesn't seem like impeachment is going well for The Democrats.

218704_5_.png

Now we are seeing desperate Democrats looking to break from the pack, making little noises of discontent, starting from the red-state Democrats who need to be on their best behavior around voters, starting with this pair here, according to The Hill:

Two red-state Democratic senators signaled on Saturday that they are undecided on whether to convict President Trump and ultimately remove him from office.

The comments came after three days of opening arguments from House impeachment managers and as the president's legal team started to lay out its case in a brief Saturday session.

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) told reporters he takes his oath of impartiality "very seriously." He noted that while he thought Democrats did a "good job," he is eager to hear from Trump's' team and will "see where we go from there."

"I'm as impartial as I can possibly be, as I've always been. I'm wide open on this, and we'll see where the facts go," Manchin said.​

Sen. Doug Jones. (D-Ala.) said he believes House Democrats have made a "compelling case" but added that he wants to listen to the defense being mounted by Trump's legal team.

"I'm hoping to hear the facts and the rebuttal from the president. So I think that's only appropriate," Jones said.​

Reality now is sinking in to the Democrats that the public is repelled by this specter and rallying to President Trump, and they'd better extricate themselves from this before they are swept away in November.

As time goes on and the public rejects the Democratic impeachment obsession to a growing extent (and all signs point to this as the trend), more Democrats will flee like 'rats from the sinking ship, and join the no-impeach side. It might just start to look like the burning Hindenburg for them.

Falling dirigible, sure, but maybe more like an avalanche, actually, in the best case scenario, leaving the impeachment fanatics all by their lonesome, and even better, maybe thrown out even from their safe seats themselves, come November. For Republicans, it's time for hot pursuit.

Trump released the aid, before the end of the fiscal year, aid, by the way, that SEVERAL HOUSE IMPEACHMENT MANAGERS VOTED AGAINST!

Yes, we need less evidence and more irrelevancies.
Still calling the Ukraine pm a liar I see. Yes you should ignore the evidence. Idiots

Are you stupid enough to think the Ukrainian President doesn't have 400 million reasons to say he didn't feel pressured? Hysterical goof.

Trump released the aid, before the end of the fiscal year, aid, by the way, that SEVERAL HOUSE IMPEACHMENT MANAGERS VOTED AGAINST!

Still calling the Ukraine pm a liar I see. Yes you should ignore the evidence. Idiots

Are you stupid enough to think the Ukrainian President doesn't have 400 million reasons to say he didn't feel pressured? Hysterical goof.
So he’s a liar. Sleepy creepy joe has the cash

He says what he needs to say. If you want to call him a liar, feel free. You brought him up. Stay away from any new evidence or testimony. You'll feel better.

He says what he needs to say. If you want to call him a liar, feel free. You brought him up. Stay away from any new evidence or testimony. You'll feel better.
There will always be another bullshit slant.
I actually am starting to relish the idea of President Pence.

Well son you’re calling him a liar! Cause you know more than him. When did you start reading minds?

There's not enough spine in the GOP for that outcome, no matter the evidence. They really should dump Trump. Who knows when they'll get another chance, but they're not willing to lose a few Senate seats through depressed turnout. I'll be surprised if the Senate calls Bolton.

Well son you’re calling him a liar! Cause you know more than him. When did you start reading minds?

Ply your trollish bullshit with someone else.

Ply your trollish bullshit with someone else.
You’re accusing a PM of taking money without any proof. And I’m a troll! Too fking funny

There's not enough spine in the GOP for that outcome, no matter the evidence. They really should dump Trump. Who knows when they'll get another chance, but they're not willing to lose a few Senate seats through depressed turnout. I'll be surprised if the Senate calls Bolton.
It will be far more than a few seats.

Maybe. There are 23 R seats up for reelection, and strong, entrenched tribalism will carry the day in some states, regardless. Many of those up for reelection could be given cover and continue to support Trump. They wouldn't suffer from that.

Maybe. There are 23 R seats up for reelection, and strong, entrenched tribalism will carry the day in some states, regardless. Many of those up for reelection could be given cover and continue to support Trump. They wouldn't suffer from that.
Because Democrats are all free thinkers.
Perhaps that’s why all the Liberals here are interchangeable?
Do you believe your bullshit that you’re an independent thinker?
If so, see a psychiatrist.

Because Democrats are all free thinkers.
Perhaps that’s why all the Liberals here are interchangeable?
Do you believe your bullshit that you’re an independent thinker?
If so, see a psychiatrist.

I responded to you and offered an opinion. I'm not the subject.

Forum List

Back