Senate Impeachment Trial Thread.

So, Republicans are rushing to wrap up the trial and rush a quick acquittal

The 800 lb gorilla in the room is John Bolton. Recent revelations from his book indicate more Trump involvement than has been reported.

Are Republicans going to just cover their ears and say they don’t want to hear any more? Any vote to acquit, without hearing from Bolton will look like a coverup.

Trump will win and claim victory but Republican Senators will have to answer to voters

They're between Iraq and a hard-on. Given the evidence, their options are convict or cover-up.

Trump's lawyers argued on Saturday that aid to Ukraine was not "conditioned" on Trump's request for investigations. The R's will now have to avoid first-hand testimony to the contrary from John Bolton. I think the Republicans are up to it. I know my own Senators have already come out for dismissing the case and/or acquitting Trump. They're not going to let evidence get in the way.

The R's will now have to avoid first-hand testimony to the contrary from John Bolton.

Link to this contrary testimony from Bolton?
Good ask!

The 800 lb gorilla in the room is John Bolton. Recent revelations from his book indicate more Trump involvement than has been reported.

Are Republicans going to just cover their ears and say they don’t want to hear any more? Any vote to acquit, without hearing from Bolton will look like a coverup.

Trump will win and claim victory but Republican Senators will have to answer to voters
The House Clowns should have sent Bolton a subpoena during their investigation, not wait until the trial is over.

They're between Iraq and a hard-on. Given the evidence, their options are convict or cover-up.
Give us a link and a pull quote to to what you are claiming John Bolton is alleging.

The House Clowns should have sent Bolton a subpoena during their investigation, not wait until the trial is over.
Yup. Deal with the evidence presented, and if Democrats want to send up another article of impeachment, after they have secured Bolton's first person testimony, well, that's their choice.

The trial has barely begun. Man, you really need to catch up.

Trump's lawyers argued on Saturday that aid to Ukraine was not "conditioned" on Trump's request for investigations. The R's will now have to avoid first-hand testimony to the contrary from John Bolton. I think the Republicans are up to it. I know my own Senators have already come out for dismissing the case and/or acquitting Trump. They're not going to let evidence get in the way.

The R's will now have to avoid first-hand testimony to the contrary from John Bolton.

Sworn testimony is being assiduously avoided. Links below will offer descriptions of his potential testimony. Don't worry. I don't the Rs in the Senate will allow it. It wouldn't be prudent.

Bolton's lawyer blames the White House for leaking damaging book excerpts

Report: In his book, John Bolton writes Trump held up Ukraine aid over Biden investigation

Was that an ad hominem?
If it makes you feel any better I can’t stand Right Wingers who idolize Ayn Rand.

No, I don't think so. It was a personal insult, followed by a pleasantry, and not offered in lieu of argument. This from you was an ad hominem:

"Do you believe your bullshit that you’re an independent thinker?
If so, see a psychiatrist."

Also a lie, insofar as I haven't claimed to be an independent thinker, but I don't think your intent was to lie - it was to insult. I'm able to swap insults, but I quickly grow bored with it.
Like when you say anyone who agrees with even one thing Trump does is a Trump Bot.
Apparently, when you insult someone you disagree with it’s not an insult; that’s why you need to see a psychiatrist.

I said it was a personal insult, but not an ad hominem. They're not identical. I don't deny insulting you.
Any insult that avoids the actual issue at hand is an as hominem.

What issue was I avoiding?
I don’t remember; that’s the problem with too many consecutive ad hominems.

Yes, we need less evidence and more irrelevancies.
Still calling the Ukraine pm a liar I see. Yes you should ignore the evidence. Idiots

Are you stupid enough to think the Ukrainian President doesn't have 400 million reasons to say he didn't feel pressured? Hysterical goof.
So he’s a liar. Sleepy creepy joe has the cash

He says what he needs to say. If you want to call him a liar, feel free. You brought him up. Stay away from any new evidence or testimony. You'll feel better.
Well son you’re calling him a liar! Cause you know more than him. When did you start reading minds?
That's right, they mind read and then accuse others of thought crimes based on their mind reading. The Salem Witch Trials!

Yes, too much evidence might be detrimental to Republicans.
Did you even read what I posted?
Have you even been paying attention the last 4 years?
Did you pay attention during the House Impeachment?

After 4 years the Democrats have no crime.

After 4 years the Democrats have no evidence.

After 4 years the Democrats have no witnesses.

After 2.5 years of Schiff claiming he had direct evidence he was forced to admit he LIED and has NONE.

During the House Impeachment hearings Dr. Hill and Ambassador Yovanovitch testified eliminating Ukraine corruption was a FOREIGN POLICY, not part of a personal agenda.

During the House Impeachment hearings, despite declaring they would produce 'witnesses' who had 1st hand knowledge of crimes perpetrated by the President, all of them admitted they had no 1st-hand knowledge and when they were asked to do so not one person Democrats had testify could name a crime OR Impeachable act

During the House Impeachment hearings Schiff attempted the SAME CRIME the FBI did when they committed FISA Court abuses - he attempted to present fake evidence - his own personally authored fictional account of a transcript as evidence.

The Democrats Constitutional Expert testified the President did NOT violate the Constitution, did NOT break the law, and did NOT abuse his power...and added the Democrats rushed the fastest Impeachment in US history based on the weakest case to Impeach in US history.....

So save the BS comment about ' too much evidence might be detrimental to the GOP'.

After 4 years Democrats still have none, which is why they are claiming now no crime, no evidence, and no witnesses are needed.

Sworn testimony is being assiduously avoided. Links below will offer descriptions of his potential testimony. Don't worry. I don't the Rs in the Senate will allow it. It wouldn't be prudent.

Report: In his book, John Bolton writes Trump held up Ukraine aid over Biden investigation
If there’s one thing I don’t want from a politician aka Professional Liar, it’s sworn testimony.

The House Clowns are done, Dummy. They now have to wait until it is over to beg for more investigations that they were required to do before coming to trial.

Answer the question: Why didn't YOUR House Clowns subpoena Bolton during their investigation if his testimony is so vital? And don't come back with "He would challenge the subpoena".

So your claim of "contrary testimony by Bolton" was a lie.

Glad we could clear that up.

Why didn't YOUR House Clowns subpoena Bolton during their investigation?

The House Clowns are done, Dummy. They now have to wait until it is over to beg for more investigations that they were required to do before coming to trial.

Answer the question: Why didn't YOUR House Clowns subpoena Bolton during their investigation if his testimony is so vital? And don't come back with "He would challenge the subpoena".
Article I, Section III of the Constitution:

"The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present."

1. Did John Bolton actually write what the NY Times said he did? Or is it fake?

2 Who leaked it?

3. Bolton needs to step up, either way. He wrote it or he didn't.

4. I don't believe it. I think somebody else made it up, Christine Blasley Ford all over again.

The testimony has been taken, the witnesses deposed, this set of facts will now be dealt with. If the House has other witnesses to examine and from their testimony determines that additional articles are in order, well, then that is what they will have to do. Right now the Court of the Senate is examining the case they sent over, which the House clearly thinks is defective because now they are trying to turn the Senate Trial into a circus.

We saw what they did with Kavanaugh. They will keep air dropping in "new witnesses" and "new testimony" and "new claims" for as long as anyone will tolerate it. We haven't forgotten Kavanaugh, by the time they were done, the Justice was claimed to have been running gang rape boats up and down the Eastern Seaboard.

It's an election year, these are the articles they dropped with the claim that the evidence they HAVE is sufficient to support removal, and now that claim will be tested in the Court of the Senate.

That's right, they mind read and then accuse others of thought crimes based on their mind reading.
Bingo! Despite Dr. Hill and Ambassador Yovanovitch testifying in the House Impeachment hearings that 'all of them' had concerns over possible Ukraine corruption, that they had been working on eliminating such corruption long before that phone call, and declaring 'Eliminating Ukraine Corruption was a FOREIGN POLICY', Schiff and Nadler ignored their own 'witnesses' testimony to LIE and declared Trump had placed his own personal political welfare over national security, which WH Defense Counsel proved was a LIE by reading the House Impeachment hearing testimony of both Hill and Yovanovitch!

Trump Defense Team Opening Argument Transcript: Jan 25 Impeachment Trial Statements from Cipollone, Philbin, Sekulow, Purpura - Rev

So your claim of "contrary testimony by Bolton" was a lie.

Glad we could clear that up.

Why didn't YOUR House Clowns subpoena Bolton during their investigation?

I said the Senate would have to avoid first-hand testimony to the contrary from Bolton. You're too eager to call, "liar".

What did you think of the links? Bolton's lawyers don't dispute the contents of the excerpt, and, in fact, they point fingers at the WH as source of the leaks. Or is you main concern to call me a liar?

That's right, they mind read and then accuse others of thought crimes based on their mind reading.
Bingo! Despite Dr. Hill and Ambassador Yovanovitch testifying in the House Impeachment hearings that 'all of them' had concerns over possible Ukraine corruption, that they had been working on eliminating such corruption long before that phone call, and declaring 'Eliminating Ukraine Corruption was a FOREIGN POLICY', Schiff and Nadler ignored their own 'witnesses' testimony to LIE and declared Trump had placed his own personal political welfare over national security, which WH Defense Counsel proved was a LIE by reading the House Impeachment hearing testimony of both Hill and Yovanovitch!

Trump Defense Team Opening Argument Transcript: Jan 25 Impeachment Trial Statements from Cipollone, Philbin, Sekulow, Purpura - Rev
Well, and look at how they are trying to add to their case, which they represented as ready for trial? John Bolton! And if that isn't enough, they will add a hundred more. They are like the folks that want to keep voting until they get the results they want.

They prepped their case, it's being tried, that is the case that will be tested in the US Senate.

If they want to open a new impeachment inquiry, and examine Bolton, well, that's their right as the House Majority.

Article I, Section III of the Constitution:

"The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present."
The Senate members have to Swear or Affirm; which has what to do with the witnesses?

Forum List

Back