Senate Impeachment Trial Thread.

Trump released the aid, before the end of the fiscal year, aid, by the way, that SEVERAL HOUSE IMPEACHMENT MANAGERS VOTED AGAINST!

Yes, we need less evidence and more irrelevancies.
Still calling the Ukraine pm a liar I see. Yes you should ignore the evidence. Idiots
Well, that should be great for US/Ukraine relations!

Weird how Democrats are suddenly all about hearing from everyone:

Attorney General Lynch ‘Pleads Fifth’ on Secret Iran ‘Ransom’ Payments: Obama admin blocking congressional probe into cash payments to Iran.

In September 2018 the administration canceled the $300 million in military aid to Pakistan because it was not meeting its counter terrorism obligations.

NO DEMOCRAT CALL FOR IMPEACHMENT FOR 'ABUSE OF POWER'.

In June 2019, the administration temporarily paused $105 million in aid to Lebanon. The administration lifted that hold in December with one official explaining that the administration continually reviews and thoroughly evaluates the effectiveness of all United States foreign assistance to ensure that funds go towards activities that further US foreign policy and also further our national security interest

In June 2019, President Trump cut or paused over $550 million in foreign aid to El Salvador, Honduras, and Guatemala because those countries were not barely sharing the burdens of preventing mass migration to the United States.

In September 2019 the administration announced that it was withholding over $100 million in aid to Afghanistan over concerns about government corruption..

So what's the difference between all these other instances of delaying or cutting US aid & delaying aid to Ukraine?

During Schiff's House Intel Impeachment Hearing, again, Dr. Hill and Ambassador Yovanovitc testified that eliminating corruption in Ukraine was FOREIGN POLICY, that they ALL were concerned about Ukraine corruption after the election of Ukraine's new PM.

Schiff and Nadler deliberately left this out in order to manufacture a crime, one that the President never committed.

Trump Defense Team Opening Argument Transcript: Jan 25 Impeachment Trial Statements from Cipollone, Philbin, Sekulow, Purpura - Rev

They're between Iraq and a hard-on. Given the evidence, their options are convict or cover-up.
So what will Republicans running for re-election do about Bolton?

Will they risk their political careers to protect Trump?

Acquit quickly and hope it blows over by November. Democrats are already prepping "no witness" ads, I'm sure. Who the fuck knows? We're in a post-truth, post-reality world, created by marketing and branding. The one area Trump truly understands is marketing and branding - he never quits pitching.

They had witnesses. They played video of all the witnesses they had testify in the House that they wanted.

But I'm sure you are correct, the Dimwingers will create ads full of lies saying they had no witnesses.

You're quoting an exchange in which we're discussing the possibility of Bolton testimony in the Senate. Does the obvious have to hammered thru your skull, or is your intent to deliberately miss the point?
You can't even keep up with the posts you quote.
Yes. They have a great deal of difficulty following a discussion.

Democrat House Impeachment Manager Rep. Zoe Lofgren Admits Impeachment is All About the Election

The Impeachment trial is so boring Trump tweeted about i
Still calling the Ukraine pm a liar I see. Yes you should ignore the evidence. Idiots

Are you stupid enough to think the Ukrainian President doesn't have 400 million reasons to say he didn't feel pressured? Hysterical goof.
So he’s a liar. Sleepy creepy joe has the cash

He says what he needs to say. If you want to call him a liar, feel free. You brought him up. Stay away from any new evidence or testimony. You'll feel better.
There will always be another bullshit slant.
I actually am starting to relish the idea of President Pence.
Yeah, 2024 for Pence, unless there is someone better.

CAN’T TRUMP DO ANYTHING RIGHT? Social Media Stats Suggest America’s BORED by Impeachment Trial.

I’m sure it must be Trump’s fault. I just haven’t figured out how.

It's so boring that Trump broke his own Twitter record, defending himself thru tweets. Conveniently, tweets are immune to cross-examination.

So, Republicans are rushing to wrap up the trial and rush a quick acquittal

The 800 lb gorilla in the room is John Bolton. Recent revelations from his book indicate more Trump involvement than has been reported.

Are Republicans going to just cover their ears and say they don’t want to hear any more? Any vote to acquit, without hearing from Bolton will look like a coverup.

Trump will win and claim victory but Republican Senators will have to answer to voters

They're between Iraq and a hard-on. Given the evidence, their options are convict or cover-up.

Acquit quickly and hope it blows over by November. Democrats are already prepping "no witness" ads, I'm sure. Who the fuck knows? We're in a post-truth, post-reality world, created by marketing and branding. The one area Trump truly understands is marketing and branding - he never quits pitching.
Do you think anyone really buys their post-modern horse pucky?

This is about facts and evidence. I think Americans tend to be pretty fair minded and clearly the Dems have been engaged in a Witch Hunt.

Do you think the guy who told you Birther lies for 6 years should be trusted when he says Obama spied on him?
Obama was the First Birther, Hillary Clinton was the second.

Are you stupid enough to think the Ukrainian President doesn't have 400 million reasons to say he didn't feel pressured? Hysterical goof.

He says what he needs to say. If you want to call him a liar, feel free. You brought him up. Stay away from any new evidence or testimony. You'll feel better.

CAN’T TRUMP DO ANYTHING RIGHT? Social Media Stats Suggest America’s BORED by Impeachment Trial.

It's so boring that Trump broke his own Twitter record, defending himself thru tweets. Conveniently, tweets are immune to cross-examination.
Now you want to cross examine tweets? You aren't showing a lot of confidence in the case that was sent to the Senate!

Do you think anyone really buys their post-modern horse pucky?

This is about facts and evidence. I think Americans tend to be pretty fair minded and clearly the Dems have been engaged in a Witch Hunt.

Do you think the guy who told you Birther lies for 6 years should be trusted when he says Obama spied on him?
Obama was the First Birther, Hillary Clinton was the second.

Sure, they put a gun to Trump's head and made him a Birther. Told him to go on FOX a few dozen times and spill Birther bullshit. There's no way that was Trump's doing - it had to be Obama and Clinton.

While there's never an obligation to answer a question, do you trust Trump?

Now you want to cross examine tweets? You aren't showing a lot of confidence in the case that was sent to the Senate!

Deliberately obtuse, of accidental? I didn't say I wanted to cross-examine tweets. I was pointing out Trump gets to say any bullshit he wants in his tweets, without fear of being questioned. Do you disagree?

Trump's lawyers argued on Saturday that aid to Ukraine was not "conditioned" on Trump's request for investigations. The R's will now have to avoid first-hand testimony to the contrary from John Bolton. I think the Republicans are up to it. I know my own Senators have already come out for dismissing the case and/or acquitting Trump. They're not going to let evidence get in the way.
when did Bolton testify?

Ad hominem.

Deliberately obtuse, of accidental? I didn't say I wanted to cross-examine tweets. I was pointing out Trump gets to say any bullshit he wants in his tweets, without fear of being questioned. Do you disagree?
Ad hominem.

Trump's lawyers argued on Saturday that aid to Ukraine was not "conditioned" on Trump's request for investigations. The R's will now have to avoid first-hand testimony to the contrary from John Bolton.
There is no need to call witnesses based on the fact that:

The only 2 people who have direct knowledge of the call - the Ukraine PM and President - said the Democrats' claim is false.

The transcript proves the claim the be false.

Dr. Hill and Ambassador Yovanovitch both testified they were all concerned about Ukrainian corruption, that making sure there was none had been going on for some time. As Sekulow proved by reading Dr. hill's testimony: “Eliminating corruption in Ukraine was one of, if the central goals of a foreign policy.”

Sorry, you don't get to Impeach based on your disagreeing with the President's Foreign Policy.

Calling Bolton to testify is also not required because there is no guarantee that he has any information to add, that this may be just another 'fishing expedition'. Schiff claimed for 2+ years he had direct evidence and was forced to admit he had nothing. Schiff called witnesses in his Committee hearings, and ALL of them were forced to admit NONE of them had any direct knowledge. So Bolton claiming he has any now is no reason to 'go down that rabbit hole'.

The Democrats had their chance to collect documents and access witnesses. Despite the President claiming Executive Privilege - as Barry had done in 'F&F' - the Democrats could have taken this to court, which is the next step to resolving the issue. Instead they went directly to Impeachment, which Constitutional Expert Jonathon Turley called a Democrat abuse of power - one which the courts agreed with by declaring not going through the courts denied the President Due Process.

Yes, too much evidence might be detrimental to Republicans.

Is there a link to this assertion: "one which the courts agreed with by declaring not going through the courts denied the President Due Process."?
maybe the left should have curtailed the impeachment. hmmmmm. are you saying they left the dock too early? you should learn what the procedures are.

The 800 lb gorilla in the room is John Bolton. Recent revelations from his book indicate more Trump involvement than has been reported.

Are Republicans going to just cover their ears and say they don’t want to hear any more? Any vote to acquit, without hearing from Bolton will look like a coverup.

Trump will win and claim victory but Republican Senators will have to answer to voters

it is? based on what? you mean set up against justice? tell me when having a vote means cover up? See everyone, was I right? Spoken like a real fking parrot polly need a cracker?

In September 2018 the administration canceled the $300 million in military aid to Pakistan because it was not meeting its counter terrorism obligations.

In June 2019, the administration temporarily paused $105 million in aid to Lebanon. The administration lifted that hold in December with one official explaining that the administration continually reviews and thoroughly evaluates the effectiveness of all United States foreign assistance to ensure that funds go towards activities that further US foreign policy and also further our national security interest

In June 2019, President Trump cut or paused over $550 million in foreign aid to El Salvador, Honduras, and Guatemala because those countries were not barely sharing the burdens of preventing mass migration to the United States.

In September 2019 the administration announced that it was withholding over $100 million in aid to Afghanistan over concerns about government corruption..

So what's the difference between all these other instances of delaying or cutting US aid & delaying aid to Ukraine?

During Schiff's House Intel Impeachment Hearing, again, Dr. Hill and Ambassador Yovanovitc testified that eliminating corruption in Ukraine was FOREIGN POLICY, that they ALL were concerned about Ukraine corruption after the election of Ukraine's new PM.

Schiff and Nadler deliberately left this out in order to manufacture a crime, one that the President never committed.

Trump Defense Team Opening Argument Transcript: Jan 25 Impeachment Trial Statements from Cipollone, Philbin, Sekulow, Purpura - Rev

Nice post.

It is up to the executive branch to execute foreign policy.

This whole mess of the legislative branch getting upset that Trump isn't forwarding the goals of the CFR or NATO and attempting to impeach him on it?

That's just awful. It was predictable, but awful.

Trump voters know that the CFR controls policy, that is why the voted for Trump in the fist place, they wanted someone that would NOT be beholding to these internationalist institutions. And that these spineless bought and paid for politicians in the legislature try to impeach him for it? Well, it only tips their hand. :71:

The House Clowns should have sent Bolton a subpoena during their investigation, not wait until the trial is over.
Right? this if fking hilarious. They have the transcript. hmmmmmm did it say anything about quid pro quo? nope. need nothing else.

Trump's lawyers argued on Saturday that aid to Ukraine was not "conditioned" on Trump's request for investigations. The R's will now have to avoid first-hand testimony to the contrary from John Bolton.
There is no need to call witnesses based on the fact that:

The only 2 people who have direct knowledge of the call - the Ukraine PM and President - said the Democrats' claim is false.

The transcript proves the claim the be false.

Dr. Hill and Ambassador Yovanovitch both testified they were all concerned about Ukrainian corruption, that making sure there was none had been going on for some time. As Sekulow proved by reading Dr. hill's testimony: “Eliminating corruption in Ukraine was one of, if the central goals of a foreign policy.”

Sorry, you don't get to Impeach based on your disagreeing with the President's Foreign Policy.

Calling Bolton to testify is also not required because there is no guarantee that he has any information to add, that this may be just another 'fishing expedition'. Schiff claimed for 2+ years he had direct evidence and was forced to admit he had nothing. Schiff called witnesses in his Committee hearings, and ALL of them were forced to admit NONE of them had any direct knowledge. So Bolton claiming he has any now is no reason to 'go down that rabbit hole'.

The Democrats had their chance to collect documents and access witnesses. Despite the President claiming Executive Privilege - as Barry had done in 'F&F' - the Democrats could have taken this to court, which is the next step to resolving the issue. Instead they went directly to Impeachment, which Constitutional Expert Jonathon Turley called a Democrat abuse of power - one which the courts agreed with by declaring not going through the courts denied the President Due Process.

Yes, too much evidence might be detrimental to Republicans.

Is there a link to this assertion: "one which the courts agreed with by declaring not going through the courts denied the President Due Process."?
why didn't Schitt's give mueller his evidence of collusion?

Bolton can't be a witness because he wrote a book about it and he would make profits from being a witness, i.e. he is an unqualified witness

Forum List

Back