Senate Introduces Bill to Kill Obamacare Dems Can't Stop

I'm all for repealing Obamacare, but not one pseudocon has EVER answered the question, "AND THEN WHAT?"

And I've been asking for over six years.

Any jackass can be against something and criticize it, but it takes intelligence and guts to propose what must be done.

Obama Care ought to be repealed , period.

But in order to help SUBSTANTIALLY decrease costs they should ABOLISH medicare and medicaid.

Compare healthcare costs before and after 1967 before you respond with some bullshit accusation.

1967???

You mean, before BigPharma and before the costs of health care solutions really started taking off?

The important comparison isn't with 1967.

The important comparison is between the USA and every other industrialized nation in 2015.

If the GOP thinks they can beat that, fine.

BUT, they DAMNED well better come up with that solution before they kill what we have - a move that could not be more immoral and irresponsible.

Yeah? Well because of Commie Care, I and millions of others lost our employer sponsored healthcare. Nothing immoral or irresponsible about that though, huh?
Guess your employer did not value your services very much. And, if you have not moved on to a job that has health insurance, then it looks like they put the correct value on your services.

I didn't try to move on. I like my job. It's too bad this commie administration put people up against the wall of keeping the job they liked or being forced to find a new one which at my age, isn't easy to do.

Until Commie Care, I've been insured my entire adult life with preexisting conditions. This is why you never vote for Democrat leadership. Democrats destroy lives.

I'm all for repealing Obamacare, but not one pseudocon has EVER answered the question, "AND THEN WHAT?"

Any jackass can be against something and criticize it, but it takes intelligence and guts to propose what must be done.
My health care was fine before this scam became law. Repeal and don't replace.

What was your health plan ?
Private thru my employer.

Psssst . They dumped healthcare to save a buck and then blamed the ACA .

Just go find a better job (as you righties love to say in EVERY min wage thread ).

The problem with that is more and more employers are getting out of the health coverage business.

So you leave your job after 20 years, get a new one that has health benefits, start from the bottom, and then your new employer does the same thing. Then what?
Maybe learn a trade where they won't fuck with you?

The "If you like your doctor you might like your new doctor too" law is almost dead.
Live by reconciliation, die by reconciliation.

Senate Budget Committee Chair Michael Enzi (R-WY) introduced a budget resolution Tuesday that includes “reconciliation instructions” that enable Congress to repeal Obamacare with a simple Senate majority. Passing a budget resolution that includes those instructions will mean that the legislation can pass through the budget reconciliation process, in which bills cannot be filibustered.

That means Republicans will only need 50 of their 52 members in the Senate, and a bare majority in the House, to pass legislation repealing the Affordable Care Act. According to the Wall Street Journal, the budget resolution could be passed by both houses as early as next week.

Senate Republicans just introduced an Obamacare repeal plan Democrats can’t stop
The poor people who benefitted from obamacare didn't show up in 2010, 2014 or 2016 to vote vote hillary so clearly they don't want affordable healthcare. Repeal away

But in order to help SUBSTANTIALLY decrease costs they should ABOLISH medicare and medicaid.

Compare healthcare costs before and after 1967 before you respond with some bullshit accusation.

1967???

You mean, before BigPharma and before the costs of health care solutions really started taking off?

The important comparison is between the USA and every other industrialized nation in 2015.

BUT, they DAMNED well better come up with that solution before they kill what we have - a move that could not be more immoral and irresponsible.

Yeah? Well because of Commie Care, I and millions of others lost our employer sponsored healthcare. Nothing immoral or irresponsible about that though, huh?
I know we all get inspired by our own stories.

However, the real issue has to be considered on a basis that is broader than that.

In general, employers are competing for employees. While it may take a few years to level out, employers can't ignore other businesses that compete for labor, and will either offer health care or offer wages that allow for personal health care - or they will lose their employees.

1967???

Guess your employer did not value your services very much. And, if you have not moved on to a job that has health insurance, then it looks like they put the correct value on your services.

I didn't try to move on. I like my job. It's too bad this commie administration put people up against the wall of keeping the job they liked or being forced to find a new one which at my age, isn't easy to do.

Until Commie Care, I've been insured my entire adult life with preexisting conditions. This is why you never vote for Democrat leadership. Democrats destroy lives.
Whine, snivel, puke, and moan. I have changed companies many times when conditions changed in a way unfavorable to me. If my present employer did not provide good coverage, I would find one that would.

The "If you like your doctor you might like your new doctor too" law is almost dead.

Senate Budget Committee Chair Michael Enzi (R-WY) introduced a budget resolution Tuesday that includes “reconciliation instructions” that enable Congress to repeal Obamacare with a simple Senate majority. Passing a budget resolution that includes those instructions will mean that the legislation can pass through the budget reconciliation process, in which bills cannot be filibustered.

That means Republicans will only need 50 of their 52 members in the Senate, and a bare majority in the House, to pass legislation repealing the Affordable Care Act. According to the Wall Street Journal, the budget resolution could be passed by both houses as early as next week.

Senate Republicans just introduced an Obamacare repeal plan Democrats can’t stop
The poor people who benefitted from obamacare didn't show up in 2010, 2014 or 2016 to vote vote hillary so clearly they don't want affordable healthcare. Repeal away
Now, you have that correct. May see that change with if the ACA is repealed, and there is nothing to take it's place. Guess we shall see.

1967???

I'm not aware of the part of the ACA that says your employer has to cut out health care .
They don't have to. But due to the rising costs of The Unaffordable Health Care Act, many employers are dropping or chopping health care benefits.
FALSE!!

If the ACA is dumped, we do NOT go back to where we were before the ACA.

We go back to having no regulation on health care - which was the situation a LONG TIME AGO.

Before the ACA, there was significant regulation on insurers, on state markets, on employers, on providers, etc. Much of that stuff got subsumed in the ACA, and deleting the ACA gets rid of it ALL.

If you want to go back to where we were before the ACA, someone would have to write that law and then it would have to pass through congress and get signed by the president.

Just go find a better job (as you righties love to say in EVERY min wage thread ).

The problem with that is more and more employers are getting out of the health coverage business.

So you leave your job after 20 years, get a new one that has health benefits, start from the bottom, and then your new employer does the same thing. Then what?
I don't know many jobs where you are given zero credit for your experience.

So, I don't get the "start from the bottom" idea.

1967???

Whine, snivel, puke, and moan. I have changed companies many times when conditions changed in a way unfavorable to me. If my present employer did not provide good coverage, I would find one that would.

Exactly, now you're starting to understand.

If you didn't like something about your employers benefits, you found a job that had benefits that suited you. Now however, you could switch companies for that reason, and a few months or years down the road, they do the same thing, and then you're right back to where you started.

What Fn chaos. So why do we have to suffer with it? Because the Democrats are trying to make as many new government dependents as possible. The more government dependents, the more likely Democrat voters.

I don't know many jobs where you are given zero credit for your experience.

So, I don't get the "start from the bottom" idea.

A new employee always starts from the bottom. You get less pay than employees that were with the company for a while, you get the crappier jobs, you are the last to be able to bid for a better position. It happens with every company you start with.

Obamacare is not Romneycare on any level!

Another far left drone narrative debunked!

get the f outta here - which major part of Obamacare is not in Romney care?

romneyu_romneycare_table.jpg

The devil is always in the details..

get lost, you got nothing.

See how the far left can not provide any details outside their religious dogma..

Also you edited my quotes:

And you want someone to prove a negative..

Show where the insurance companies helped write the bill in Mass.

Silly far left drone!

You are an idiot and you prove it with your every post.

I gave you a a list of major provisions of both Romneycare and Obamacare - they are right about identical. nothing you said disputes any of it.

Devil is maybe in the details but Republicans do not oppose the details. They are not saying "we will do same thing but with better details!" they are opposing the very ideas and the framework of healthcare reform underlying Romneycare and Obamacare.

They are saying it is for the STATES to handle and not the domain of the FEDERAL government. That has been the issue all along. Why do people pretend otherwise?

1967???

If you didn't like something about your employers benefits, you found a job that had benefits that suited you. Now however, you could switch companies for that reason, and a few months or years down the road, they do the same thing, and then you're right back to where you started.

What Fn chaos. So why do we have to suffer with it? Because the Democrats are trying to make as many new government dependents as possible. The more government dependents, the more likely Democrat voters.
The prices should go down in about 6 months as soon as insurers can cross state lines

Who will vote to keep Hopeycare?

Republicans who do not want to see what causing 20 million people to lose insurance looks like at the polls.

Anybody that votes Republican is voting for somebody to repeal the worst bill ever passed by Congress. You know the one that nobody even bothered to read and was passed strictly along partisan lines? They don't have much to worry about.

Fuck the welfare queens. They didn't have insurance in 2008 and they are not entitled to it now when other people have to pay out the ass for them to have it.

It is their responsibility to pay their own bills, not the stupid government.

Last edited:

The prices should go down in about 6 months as soon as insurers can cross state lines

No, it would take much more than that although it would be a help.

The entire thing has to be repealed. The law forces insurance companies to use 80% of their collected premiums to pay claims. This means they have less money to invest, less money to investigate fraud, less money to hire top notch workers.

Business knows the best way to run business--politicians don't know crap about business. So when you have politicians telling business how they have to operate, you create the disaster we have today.

Now, you have that correct. May see that change with if the ACA is repealed, and there is nothing to take it's place. Guess we shall see.
Yeah, that's why Hillary is an asterisk in history, everybody loved Hopeycare.

The left continue their delusional bubble world of fantasy.

Last edited:

How so? The federal government is guided by the US Constitution. In that Constitution, there is a list of things that the feds are to provide for the people; healthcare coverage is not in there.

States on the other hand can make any kind of program or regulation they desire as long as it doesn't violate the Constitution.
Nice try

Congress has had broad discretion for two hundred years

Where does it say they could make the Louisiana Purchase?

Let's try this again: Provide for the Citizens.
Why yes, let us provide for Citizens. A Universal Single Payer Health Care System. Like the rest of the first world nations have.

How's government run healthcare working out for the vets?

Hundreds of veterans died waiting for care at Phoenix VA hospital, watchdog report finds
header-logo.png

Republicans who do not want to see what causing 20 million people to lose insurance looks like at the polls.

Anybody that votes Republican are voting for somebody to repeal the worst bill ever passed by Congress. You know the one that nobody even bothered to read and was passed strictly along partisan lines? They don't have much to worry about.

Fuck the welfare queens. They didn't have insurance in 2008 and they are not entitled to it now when other people have to pay out the ass for them to have it.

I agree with all you said, except with "passed by Congress".

It was passed by leftist loons, with no R voting for it.

I hope for sweet revenge.

get the f outta here - which major part of Obamacare is not in Romney care?

romneyu_romneycare_table.jpg

get lost, you got nothing.

See how the far left can not provide any details outside their religious dogma..

Also you edited my quotes:

And you want someone to prove a negative..

Show where the insurance companies helped write the bill in Mass.

Silly far left drone!

You are an idiot and you prove it with your every post.

I gave you a a list of major provisions of both Romneycare and Obamacare - they are right about identical. nothing you said disputes any of it.

Devil is maybe in the details but Republicans do not oppose the details. They are not saying "we will do same thing but with better details!" they are opposing the very ideas and the framework of healthcare reform underlying Romneycare and Obamacare.

They are saying it is for the STATES to handle and not the domain of the FEDERAL government. That has been the issue all along. Why do people pretend otherwise?
No, I don't believe that's the issue at all.

The GOP just used that as one of several excuses. NO Republican state had ANY interest in improving health care coverage within their state - just like today!

There were two main problems:
- The STATED Republican direction was to use their minority position to defeat the ACA as a show that they had not lost power due to their recent catastrophic election loss.

- the requirement to purchase insurance. This was the only method either party came up with for allowing insurance companies to survive the requirement that they sell insurance to all customers, regardless of current health status, age, etc.

How so? The federal government is guided by the US Constitution. In that Constitution, there is a list of things that the feds are to provide for the people; healthcare coverage is not in there.

States on the other hand can make any kind of program or regulation they desire as long as it doesn't violate the Constitution.
Nice try

Congress has had broad discretion for two hundred years

Where does it say they could make the Louisiana Purchase?

Let's try this again: Provide for the Citizens.
Why yes, let us provide for Citizens. A Universal Single Payer Health Care System. Like the rest of the first world nations have.

How's government run healthcare working out for the vets?

Hundreds of veterans died waiting for care at Phoenix VA hospital, watchdog report finds
header-logo.png

The VA is not a system that we all use.

It would be HUGELY different if we all used it, as our representatives and our president would be voted out of office on this issue without ANY question.

Anybody that votes Republican are voting for somebody to repeal the worst bill ever passed by Congress. You know the one that nobody even bothered to read and was passed strictly along partisan lines? They don't have much to worry about.

I agree with all you said, except with "passed by Congress".

It was passed by leftist loons, with no R voting for it.

I hope for sweet revenge.
The Republican establishment required that every R congressman vote against it or face harsh retribution.

But, YOU happen to favor there being a strong centralized Republican establishment controlling things.

Right?

Forum List

Back