Senate Introduces Bill to Kill Obamacare Dems Can't Stop

So tell us, what legislation has the great pandering Enzi put on the table to replace Obamacare?

The legislation that should be considered is the one abolishing Medicare, medicaid and state regulation of health care providers.

Medical care has been under government control since the 1840's/

Medical Control, Medical Corruption

The American Medical Association, which for almost 150 years has sought to institutionalize a rip-off and to keep sick people and their families oblivious to it. Thanks to this central committee of the medical cartel, the number of medical schools and medical students is drastically restricted, state licensure further obstructs the supply of doctors, fees are largely secret and controlled across the industry, alternative treatments and practitioners are outlawed, pharmacists and nurses are hamstrung, and the mystique of the profession rivals the priesthood, although priests have a somewhat lower income. Meanwhile, the customer pays through the nose, even if he does not go to an otolaryngologist."

Nice try

Congress has had broad discretion for two hundred years

Where does it say they could make the Louisiana Purchase?

Let's try this again: Provide for the Citizens.
Why yes, let us provide for Citizens. A Universal Single Payer Health Care System. Like the rest of the first world nations have.

How's government run healthcare working out for the vets?

Hundreds of veterans died waiting for care at Phoenix VA hospital, watchdog report finds
header-logo.png

The VA is not a system that we all use.

It would be HUGELY different if we all used it, as our representatives and our president would be voted out of office on this issue without ANY question.

As a Disabled American Veteran I do.

Now you see what socialized hellcare is all about.

Who will vote to keep Hopeycare?

Republicans who do not want to see what causing 20 million people to lose insurance looks like at the polls.

Anybody that votes Republican are voting for somebody to repeal the worst bill ever passed by Congress. You know the one that nobody even bothered to read and was passed strictly along partisan lines? They don't have much to worry about.

Fuck the welfare queens. They didn't have insurance in 2008 and they are not entitled to it now when other people have to pay out the ass for them to have it.

It is their responsibility to pay their own bills, not the stupid government.

I agree with all you said, except with "passed by Congress".

It was passed by leftist loons, with no R voting for it.

I hope for sweet revenge.
The Republican establishment required that every R congressman vote against it or face harsh retribution.

But, YOU happen to favor there being a strong centralized Republican establishment controlling things.

Right?

Not true. Republicans voted against ACA because it was piece of shit bill and so Democrats would completely own it. They didn't have to vote against it, just like they didn't have to vote to repeal it.

Can you back it up?

Nice try

Congress has had broad discretion for two hundred years

Where does it say they could make the Louisiana Purchase?

Why yes, let us provide for Citizens. A Universal Single Payer Health Care System. Like the rest of the first world nations have.

Hundreds of veterans died waiting for care at Phoenix VA hospital, watchdog report finds
header-logo.png

It would be HUGELY different if we all used it, as our representatives and our president would be voted out of office on this issue without ANY question.

Yes, government run healthcare would be different if we all used it.
It would be a thousand times worse.

Canada had a 6 month wait for heart valve replacements.

The "If you like your doctor you might like your new doctor too" law is almost dead.
Live by reconciliation, die by reconciliation.

Senate Budget Committee Chair Michael Enzi (R-WY) introduced a budget resolution Tuesday that includes “reconciliation instructions” that enable Congress to repeal Obamacare with a simple Senate majority. Passing a budget resolution that includes those instructions will mean that the legislation can pass through the budget reconciliation process, in which bills cannot be filibustered.

That means Republicans will only need 50 of their 52 members in the Senate, and a bare majority in the House, to pass legislation repealing the Affordable Care Act. According to the Wall Street Journal, the budget resolution could be passed by both houses as early as next week.

Senate Republicans just introduced an Obamacare repeal plan Democrats can’t stop
The poor people who benefitted from obamacare didn't show up in 2010, 2014 or 2016 to vote vote hillary so clearly they don't want affordable healthcare. Repeal away
Trump doesn't need California freeloaders.

Nice folks. They're happy they don't have to wait a whole year. :D
18 months for hip replacement, which means excruciating pain for 18 months. They don't even give you a stick to bite,

header-logo.png

I don't agree with you on that - not even slightly.

Today, VA is a separate entity. As such, our legislature can just dump on it without affecting the vast majority of Americans. The VA just doesn't cover enough people to make it a political issue. Most people have NO CLUE about it.

If we all were restricted to VA health care, every politician in America would care.

If they didn't, they'd be a skid mark in history.

The "If you like your doctor you might like your new doctor too" law is almost dead.

Senate Budget Committee Chair Michael Enzi (R-WY) introduced a budget resolution Tuesday that includes “reconciliation instructions” that enable Congress to repeal Obamacare with a simple Senate majority. Passing a budget resolution that includes those instructions will mean that the legislation can pass through the budget reconciliation process, in which bills cannot be filibustered.

That means Republicans will only need 50 of their 52 members in the Senate, and a bare majority in the House, to pass legislation repealing the Affordable Care Act. According to the Wall Street Journal, the budget resolution could be passed by both houses as early as next week.

Senate Republicans just introduced an Obamacare repeal plan Democrats can’t stop
The poor people who benefitted from obamacare didn't show up in 2010, 2014 or 2016 to vote vote hillary so clearly they don't want affordable healthcare. Repeal away
If I were a democrat I wouldn't fight one bill. I would simply vote no and if Americans don't like the bills Republicans pass they can show up and vote in two years.

So tell us, what legislation has the great pandering Enzi put on the table to replace Obamacare?

The legislation that should be considered is the one abolishing Medicare, medicaid and state regulation of health care providers.
There are already several states that allow purchase of health care outside the state - the open insurance direction many Rs lobby for.

The catch is, insurance companies aren't choosing to take advantage of that.

As for me, if something goes wrong with my care, I don't want to be in a position where any legal action has to be carried out in some distant state.

If I were a democrat I wouldn't fight one bill. I would simply vote no and if Americans don't like the bills Republicans pass they can show up and vote in two years.
The last 8 years Democrats have been casting votes.
The last 8 years Democrats have lost 1,030 State and Federal seats.

I don't believe it works that way.

I think we have to take part in negotiation and compromise in the legislature - as designed by our founders.

I know that is NOT EVEN CLOSE to what Rs have done or plan to do, but this is one of the aspects that should cause an informed populace to vote for Dems - a vote for government as our founders intended, a vote for a government that actually considers the ideas of others with whom we often disagree, a government that recognizes the importance of compromise.

The cost of healthcare was outpacing the rate of inflation for DECADES. And the GOP never once proposed a comprehensive solution.

That is a shameless lie.

Republicans (in Heritage Foundation) certainly did propose and even pass (Romney) a comprehensive solution (Romneycare) in the state of Massachusetts that some of them hailed as an example to the rest of the country...until democrats passed it in the rest of the country.

Obamacare is not Romneycare on any level!

Another far left drone narrative debunked!
I'm sorry, but "Nuh uh!" is not debunking something.

It's a fact. RomneyCare contained an individual mandate, and was the model on which Obamacare was based.

And for that, the GOP made Romney their 2012 candidate.

It all fits in with my theory the GOP has sold us all down the river to single payer healthcare.

A state providing their own kind of coverage and the federal government doing the same are two different things.

I see, so when you are mandated to buy insurance by State that is not unreasonable encroachment on freedom, but when it is on Federal level it is?

The cost of healthcare was outpacing the rate of inflation for DECADES. And the GOP never once proposed a comprehensive solution.

That is a shameless lie.

Republicans (in Heritage Foundation) certainly did propose and even pass (Romney) a comprehensive solution (Romneycare) in the state of Massachusetts that some of them hailed as an example to the rest of the country...until democrats passed it in the rest of the country.

It's a fact. RomneyCare contained an individual mandate, and was the model on which Obamacare was based.

It all fits in with my theory the GOP has sold us all down the river to single payer healthcare.

A state providing their own kind of coverage and the federal government doing the same are two different things.

I see, so when you are mandated to buy insurance by State that is not unreasonable encroachment on freedom, but when it is on Federal level it is?

It is but the state has the right to do it.

You have way more control over your state politicians than you do the federal. Commie Care was passed and instituted against the will of the people. But when it comes to federal politics, you have an array of issues. Most people don't focus on just one or two like you do at the state level.

header-logo.png

No, your 6 month thing is wrong. I suspect you are referring to 2010, after which the people of Canada wanted the wait time to be shorter - so, they changed that, to a significant extent.

Also, let's get real about this.

If you want to pay less for health care, what is it that you are ready to give up? (Serious question.)

Like everything in our system, there isn't anything that is free. If we want to cut cost, we should take care in what we cut. It's health care, after all.

Who will vote to keep Hopeycare?

Republicans who do not want to see what causing 20 million people to lose insurance looks like at the polls.

Apparently, you missed what adding all that "insurance" did to Democrats at the polls in 2010.

No I didn't, as I recall it a black guy with a muslim sounding name and a communist acquaintance just got into the White House and the tea party (who?) was in full swing taking advantage of low turnout election.

But what I also recall was a big uproar over 500k people having to switch insurance at the end of 2013 into 2014 Obamacare go-live. Now you take all that growing pain and multiply it by 40 times the repeal of Obamacare will cause.

Last edited:
That is a shameless lie.

You have way more control over your state politicians than you do the federal. Commie Care was passed and instituted against the will of the people. But when it comes to federal politics, you have an array of issues. Most people don't focus on just one or two like you do at the state level.

So ok to encroach on freedom, just do it on State level, is that your final answer?

To me this makes no sense. What is about healthcare needs in new York that is substantively different from healthcare needs of people in Texas. Why does the same wheel need to be invented 50 times?

Last edited:

So ok to encroach on freedom, just do it on State level, is that your final answer?

To me this makes no sense. What is about healthcare needs in new York that is substantively different from healthcare needs of people in Texas. Why does the same wheel need to be invented 50 times?

Let me put it to you another way: Romney instituted state healthcare. He was voted out after one term. DumBama instituted Commie Care, he was reelected. Why? Because there are other issues to deal with in the federal government. There is the debt, the deficit, terror attacks, border issues, the economy, a whole list of issues that many consider more important.

On a state level, state healthcare is the major issue. While states have other issues as well, it pales in comparison to something as huge as state healthcare.

header-logo.png

I don't agree with you on that - not even slightly.

Today, VA is a separate entity. As such, our legislature can just dump on it without affecting the vast majority of Americans. The VA just doesn't cover enough people to make it a political issue. Most people have NO CLUE about it.

If we all were restricted to VA health care, every politician in America would care.

If they didn't, they'd be a skid mark in history.

The problem is NOT that VA is a separate entity and that one cares about veterans.

The problem is that it is financed and operated by the government.

There are already several states that allow purchase of health care outside the state - the open insurance direction many Rs lobby for.

The catch is, insurance companies aren't choosing to take advantage of that.

As for me, if something goes wrong with my care, I don't want to be in a position where any legal action has to be carried out in some distant state.

Then support FREE MARKET HEALTHCARE.

GOVERNMENT's HANDS OFF HEALTHCARE>

Forum List

Back