Senator Lindsey Graham explains why he needs an AR-15 civilian rifle...

There’s a hurricane, a natural disaster, no power, no cops, no anything,” the Republican lawmaker told reporters aboard Air Force One.

A disaster, no power, no cops, no anything, means no looters, he would probably leave if there was a hurricane warning. Also they would be all fighting for their lifes.

You can make up all kinds of excuses, but none are good for having assault weapons or pistols, no matter how hard you try.
Actually, they all are good. How many couldn't get out of NO when Katrina hit and were left defenseless?

I don't know, how many??

There’s a hurricane, a natural disaster, no power, no cops, no anything,” the Republican lawmaker told reporters aboard Air Force One.

A disaster, no power, no cops, no anything, means no looters, he would probably leave if there was a hurricane warning. Also they would be all fighting for their lifes.

You can make up all kinds of excuses, but none are good for having assault weapons or pistols, no matter how hard you try.

So my 7.62 mm Semiautomatic with wood stock is OK because it doesn't fit the definition of "assault" weapon

Drawing from federal and state law definitions, the term assault weapon refers primarily to semi-automatic rifles, pistols, and shotguns that are able to accept detachable magazines and possess one or more other features. Some jurisdictions define revolving cylinder shotguns as assault weapons.
Assault weapon - Wikipedia

And what are those other features?

As the ability to accept a detachable magazine alone does not make a rifle an "assault" rifle

My 7.62 mm rifle has none of those other features and would not fit the definition of an assault rifle so it must be OK to use for home defense right?

NO. Show a link to it.

Actually, they all are good. How many couldn't get out of NO when Katrina hit and were left defenseless?

I don't know, how many??
I don't know the exact number, but I know that many were. And yes, there was looting. And yes, there was violence. So, your argument is null and void, because in any major disaster there is looting.

if only there were some way to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and
nuts. There must be some genius out there who can come up with a way
to make a dent in criminal use-----some form of technology. Right now---the
very pixilated donkey is USING the disarmament thing as a populist issue in their HUNGER for votes. -------disarmament of HUMANS is an issue with a long
very shameful history as a tool of control and oppression and enslavement.
THEREFORE I am suspicious of any politician eager to jump on that bandwagon------despite the fact that I despise the BULLET IN THE BRAIN prevalence in
my city

Graham is wrong on a lot of things, Red Flag Laws for one, but he explains the need for AR-15 civilian and police rifles really well...

Lindsey Graham Politely Explains to Idiot Reporters Why He needs an AR-15

A favorite question that the anti-gun crowd likes to ask is "Why does anyone need an AR-15?" Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) has a very practical answer to that, which he offered to reporters on Friday.

The New York Post:

Sen. Lindsey Graham knocked down the idea of banning semi-automatic weapons nearly identical to those used by soldiers on the off chance a hurricane slams into his South Carolina town.

“Here’s a scenario that I think is real: There’s a hurricane, a natural disaster, no power, no cops, no anything,” the Republican lawmaker told reporters aboard Air Force One.

A reporter asked if he meant looters.

“Yeah, people, they’re not going to come to the AR-15 home,” Graham responded. “Well, I think if you show up on the porch with an AR-15, they’ll probably go down the street.”

That's a very sound point. No matter where you live, you can come up with a legitimate argument for owning an AR-15 for self-defense. Of course, no one ever wants to be in a situation where they have to, but the peace of mind is a gift.

Although he can occasionally be a firebrand, Graham is still a United States senator and was flying with the president on Air Force One when asked about this. He remained very decorous and didn't offer the answer that a regular, law-abiding gun owner might.

I sleep with a loaded Beretta on my nightstand and was once asked why.

"Because I (expletive deleted) want to."

That's really the only answer anyone needs in response to being asked why he or she is doing something perfectly legal that isn't harming anyone else.

My dad (may he rest in peace) had a more polite, but still intentionally obnoxious, response when someone once asked him why he slept with a gun next to his bed:

"Where do you keep yours?"

Have I ever had to use a gun for self-defense? Thankfully, no. And I hope I never have to.

I am not, however, obligated to explain to anyone why I would prefer not to be killed.

I live in an area with tornadoes....same concept.... and store owners in democrat cities always have to look out for Black lives matter inspired riots and looting...that is if they don't want their businesses looted then burnt to the ground.....or like New York, having al sharpton inciting a riot that gets your business burnt to the ground...

The AR-15 civilian and police rifle is a nice way to tell democrat looters...move along asshole...
Senator Graham doesn't have much faith in American moral values, does he? He has more faith in combat-armed looters?
YEP them damn looters in Baltimore Furguson st Louis DC just destroyed things
Well MAYBE if assault rifles were banned, the looters wouldn't have that advantage. It is a known, if denied by the RW, that the past assault weapon & clip ban brought a decrease in violent crime. And certainly less mass shootings. What else are they used for? We get a lot of hypothetical musings about the need, but what other than mass shootings are the combat weapons in civilian hands actually used for?

It is a bleeping convenient excuse mouthed by Graham, and if THAT doesn't work, he can always remind you that we may be attacked by anti-tariff Chinese or Martians or Zulu tribesman or crazed Mexican jalapeno growers.

So my 7.62 mm Semiautomatic with wood stock is OK because it doesn't fit the definition of "assault" weapon

Drawing from federal and state law definitions, the term assault weapon refers primarily to semi-automatic rifles, pistols, and shotguns that are able to accept detachable magazines and possess one or more other features. Some jurisdictions define revolving cylinder shotguns as assault weapons.

As the ability to accept a detachable magazine alone does not make a rifle an "assault" rifle

My 7.62 mm rifle has none of those other features and would not fit the definition of an assault rifle so it must be OK to use for home defense right?

NO. Show a link to it.

Ruger® Mini-14® Mini Thirty® Rifle Autoloading Rifle Model 5806

5806.jpg

No one can argue that New Orleans immediately post Katrina wasn't dangerous. It was. It was mostly just folks trying not to drown, to get out, but there were drug addicts jonesing and opportunists grabbing what they could to survive--bottled water, food, anything that would float and act as a boat. Survival does things to people. We make sure things don't get to that point any more.

Why do you think the National Guard gets sent to areas about to get hit by hurricanes? It's not just to rescue folks. But all that said, we all know days in advance before a hurricane hits and if you don't value your life more than your flat screen tv, you hit the road and get to safety.

Businesses looted? Do you think they don't have insurance? Is it really necessary to KILL people who want a new laptop or a case of diapers?

I don't know. Sounds like a bunch of Walter Mitty dreamin' to me.

Gods. The semantic games rightard gun nuts play to deflect from the mass killing capabilities of semi automatic rifles with large interchangeable magazines. Still, I suppose their penis extensions are important to them.

No one can argue that New Orleans immediately post Katrina wasn't dangerous. It was. It was mostly just folks trying not to drown, to get out, but there were drug addicts jonesing and opportunists grabbing what they could to survive--bottled water, food, anything that would float and act as a boat. Survival does things to people. We make sure things don't get to that point any more.

Why do you think the National Guard gets sent to areas about to get hit by hurricanes? It's not just to rescue folks. But all that said, we all know days in advance before a hurricane hits and if you don't value your life more than your flat screen tv, you hit the road and get to safety.

Businesses looted? Do you think they don't have insurance? Is it really necessary to KILL people who want a new laptop or a case of diapers?

So i suppose you want to make natural disasters illegal now

seems like you have never been a victim of crime----Insurance? cops?
Court? -----IT AIN'T ALL THAT EASY

Gods. The semantic games rightard gun nuts play to deflect from the mass killing capabilities of semi automatic rifles with large interchangeable magazines. Still, I suppose their penis extensions are important to them.
There’s that penis obsession again. Why do gun grabbers love dicks so much?

Ah yes the tried and true comeback of the least intelligent posters

The penis reference

Like I said the reason sheep outnumber people in your country is that they are smarter than the people there

Look it up yourself.
Well if your weapon is based on a design configured for rapid fire and combat use and will accept large interchangeable magazines, it'd fit the designation 'assault weapon'. That includes the Rugers.

At the time that the now-defunct Federal Assault Weapons Ban passed in 1994, the U.S. Department of Justice said, "In general, assault weapons are semiautomatic firearms with a large magazine of ammunition that were designed and configured for rapid fire and combat use."

NO. Show a link to it.

Ruger® Mini-14® Mini Thirty® Rifle Autoloading Rifle Model 5806

5806.jpg

Well since its semi automatic it is.

Forum List

Back