Separation of church and state makes him want to throw up

Santorum: Separation Of Church And State 'Makes Me Want To Throw Up'

Damn that pesky little First Amendment. Its just SO inconvenient to Santorum.

Sadly, there are many rw's who are so dumb, they actually don't realize what this creep is saying.

This is why I really don't see a viable candidate among the Republicans. Are they trying to lose? I don't get it.

Well, at least they're making it a wee bit entertaining.

Maybe he'll come out for witch trials for damned liberal professors.

:D

Silly Wabbit, I'm not defending Santorum by any stretch of the imagination, but it might be a great idea to actually read the quote within the link first. The title of the thread is a tad bit... well, deceitful.

Immie

Have to be careful here, but you might be closer to the truth than you think...

Like I said earlier. I do honestly think she has some form of mental illness. I don't say that just to flame her. I really think she may by psychotic.

In fact I am sitting here wondering why I am bothering to try to talk sense to someone I am convinced is clinically insane. Makes no sense really when you think about it. We have an ignore button for a reason. Well....I never thought I would do this but it's time to use it. Not because I disagree with her, but because...I honestly think she is a sociopath and arguing with the insane is a waste of time. I mean rDean and Truthmatters are dumb as stalks of rhubarb but I don't think they are mentally ill. I can't say the same for KG

Hey, I thought this was trying to talk some sense into me and convince me that KG... oh, wait, is that what you mean?

Immie

Like I said earlier. I do honestly think she has some form of mental illness. I don't say that just to flame her. I really think she may by psychotic.

In fact I am sitting here wondering why I am bothering to try to talk sense to someone I am convinced is clinically insane. Makes no sense really when you think about it. We have an ignore button for a reason. Well....I never thought I would do this but it's time to use it. Not because I disagree with her, but because...I honestly think she is a sociopath and arguing with the insane is a waste of time. I mean rDean and Truthmatters are dumb as stalks of rhubarb but I don't think they are mentally ill. I can't say the same for KG

Hey, I thought this was trying to talk some sense into me and convince me that KG... oh, wait, is that what you mean?

Immie

Well I am not exactly trying to convince anyone of anything regarding KG. From what I have gathered I would be preaching to the choir anyhow. I am done listening to her inane ravings. If you wish to be a friend to her, knock yourself out. God bless ya....it's not for me to say one way or the other. I will tell you this though.....it's been much more civil and reasonable since I put her on ignore. ;)

Well, if I remember correctly, the skuttlebutt was that Allie left because she felt that someone (I know not whom) had threatened her children and the moderators did nothing about it. I can understand and respect her decision to come back and remain separate from her prior persona if that is what she believed.

KG has neither denied nor confirmed that she is AB. I have seen slight differences in KG's abortion posts and AB's post, but nothing that could not be contrived as attempts to throw people off her trail.

Immie

Nobody threatened her children at all.

I had a run in with her where she called my parenting (or something similar - can't remember exact detes) skills, so I fired back and she packed sad to the mods who told her she was being ridiculous. Hell, even a couple of the righties who I lock horns with on political issues took my side....

I'll bet that's exactly what happened, lol...
:eusa_liar:

Yep....
Note how she is champing at the bit...dying to give her version of events, but then that would be admitting who she really was...

That aside, my version of events is backed up in black and white.

As another aside, I'm not even sure that was the event that caused her to 'leave'.

How can you tell that?

You don't have a camera trained on me do you? Because I wouldn't be the least bit surprised...

I wasn't addressing you at all. For the Record I personally do not support Anyone using Quotes from other Members in their Signatures. I don't do it.

Taking things out of context is done all over the Site. Posting Quotes and changing the context, should be flagged. You can shorten quotes if you don't change the message. As a rule, when I quote Someone, I pretty much quote the whole Post, and then break it down beneath. It is a matter of getting it right that counts, in my opinion

What about quoting another poster in your signature and linking to the post?

I don't have a problem with that as long as context is or can be included.

Immie

Do you know why I don't include the link?

It takes up too much space, and then it gets moderated for taking up more than 10 lines space when only a few lines are the actual quotes. There would be a lot less "out of context" and "linkless" siggies if that rule was modified.

Don't know and really don't care. I read the quote a couple days ago, I think. Not knowing the context of the discussion, I assumed he was making a statement of fact. I did not and do not assume he was justifying something or claiming some kind of a sick score.

Immie

Oh and since you can back up your version of events you have referenced, Grump, you might as well do it. Be sure to include links.

I don't hate men or the women who get abortions, and I'm not a fundie.

I despise men who think they deserve props for intimidating women, I despise men who tell women they should get abortions and have no problem with coercing them into it...but that's not most men. That's just you, paulie, boob, BP and a few others.

But I'm not a fundie any way you cut it. That's just lying because, I don't know, maybe you just don't know what a fundamentalist Christian is????

I have already stated that on the three occasions where women have wanted to get abortions I have advised against it. I don't know how much more clear I can be.

Oh, rest assured, you are a bona fide religious loon....

It doesn't matter if you advised against it. You fight for abortion. That makes you pro-abortion. I've no doubt you don't think the women in YOUR circle should abort...and no, I'm not a bona fide religious loon. Not even close. No more than I'm a fundie. Rest assured.

Now that does sound a tad bit like AB. :eusa_shhh:

Immie

Oh and since you can back up your version of events you have referenced, Grump, you might as well do it. Be sure to include links.

It's out there in the ether of the USMB...If you are that interested, look it up yourself. Knock yourself out....

I have already stated that on the three occasions where women have wanted to get abortions I have advised against it. I don't know how much more clear I can be.

Oh, rest assured, you are a bona fide religious loon....

It doesn't matter if you advised against it. You fight for abortion. That makes you pro-abortion. I've no doubt you don't think the women in YOUR circle should abort...and no, I'm not a bona fide religious loon. Not even close. No more than I'm a fundie. Rest assured.

Now that does sound a tad bit like AB. :eusa_shhh:

Immie

Just to be clear. I'm not 'thinking' its' AB, it IS AB. It is a fact...

BTW, it's not just guesswork. Some people just can't keep secrets around here...

Well we'll take your word on that, since it's all there is...

now how about the black and white evidence you promised you could provide? Oh, wait, you have renegged! How funny!

I guess I'm NOT really AB..and we'll just have to "take your word" about the events that led to her departure, as well....

On that, I'll exit. It has been entertaining.

There is NO place for sharia law in The United States of America..... NONE WHATSOEVER!!

We are all created equal and are to be treated that way.... period end of story.

If you want Sharia, get the fuck out of America! :up_yours:

i feel the same about people who want to legislate christianity.

Who would that be? Do you have a link to the legislation where someone is attempting to establish Christianity via the government?

do you think either christian or muslim legislation would have a big shiny sign on it saying "this is christian" or "this is muslim"...

when you legislate morality, you're legislating religious tenets.

it's really quite simple... don't profess to make moral choices for others.

What about quoting another poster in your signature and linking to the post?

I don't have a problem with that as long as context is or can be included.

Immie

Do you know why I don't include the link?

It takes up too much space, and then it gets moderated for taking up more than 10 lines space when only a few lines are the actual quotes. There would be a lot less "out of context" and "linkless" siggies if that rule was modified.

Don't know and really don't care. I read the quote a couple days ago, I think. Not knowing the context of the discussion, I assumed he was making a statement of fact. I did not and do not assume he was justifying something or claiming some kind of a sick score.

Immie

Oh well let me just clarify that regardless. She said:

I thought humans were human the world over? Isn't that your argument? That it's human nature to screw at a really young age?

I responded as such:

I am not the one who put an age limit on it genius. You are the only one pounding that point. However, if you want to get technical puberty is nature's way of determining when a human is physically developing into a more sexual creature. It does not mean they have the emotional capacity to engage in sexual behaviors according to the standards our society sets or that the onset of puberty should necessarily be the criteria wherein they have the freedom to explore their sexuality or give legal consent to engage in sexual activity. While throughout the majority of human history the "age of consent" has coincided with the onset of puberty, our society has determined that it is between 16 and 18 years of age (depending on the state). In Mexico is can be as low as 12. Whatever, every society sets their own age and own traditions according to their specific views on it.
Emphasis original not newly added.

She then put in her signature:
"..throughout the majority of human history the "age of consent" has coincided with the onset of puberty...In Mexico is can be as low as 12."

Wow...boy that's a whole lot different when it's put in context and the whole quote is shown huh?

No links? No legislation?

Stand by for vicious private message!!!

what do you think "personhood laws" are, hon?

they sure aren't secular.

how about efforts to take away reproductive choice and torture women with unnecessary medical procedures if they choose to exercise their rights?

You can't be serious. You bitch about how separation of church and state is a myth, then I and Syphon provide a shitload of SCOTUS case law as you requested to demonstrate "why no it's not a myth" and now you want to split hairs over the definition of purpose and foundation. You're a fucking lunatic KG.
Well done but it’s a waste of time with the radical right and religious fundamentalists. They reject the doctrines of judicial review and the rule of law, making any such effort pointless.
You people think anyone who attends church or believes in God is a radical religious zealot.
Once again, you libs tie your very existence to the all or nothing straw man argument.

there are laws which prohibit sex with a minor. hence the warren jeffs conviction.

i dont agree with sharia law, but i respect ones freedom to choose to live that way. now if it leads to a murder that is one thing, any killing of another human based on a religious belief is wrong. whether its a christian belief, muslim belief, or whatever. and we have laws that protect against that. ubtis animal sacrifice ok since its a religious freedom? the state of florida rules it is legal. do you agree with that?

again, why cant you respect someone elses freedom to choose how to live their life even if you disagree with it?
are you the same person who campaigns against gays and their lifestyle? dont they really bother you and affect your life so much that you have to force your beliefs up on them? why not just leave them alone. whatever happened to love thy neighbor?

There is NO place for sharia law in The United States of America..... NONE WHATSOEVER!!

We are all created equal and are to be treated that way.... period end of story.

If you want Sharia, get the fuck out of America!
:up_yours:
if there is no place for sharia law, then why do you feel that you need to push the catholic religion on those of us who dont believe in it? sharia law should be protected as a religious freedom as much as Catholicism should be. but you shouldnt be able to force non believers to abide by you beliefs.

i never said i wanted sharia law, but you should be able to respect someone elses beliefs without endorsing them. i dont believe in mormanism, or scientology, but im not gonna tell one of those people they shouldnt. stop being a hypocrite
Sharia is EVIL.

You can't be serious. You bitch about how separation of church and state is a myth, then I and Syphon provide a shitload of SCOTUS case law as you requested to demonstrate "why no it's not a myth" and now you want to split hairs over the definition of purpose and foundation. You're a fucking lunatic KG.
Well done but it’s a waste of time with the radical right and religious fundamentalists. They reject the doctrines of judicial review and the rule of law, making any such effort pointless.
You people think anyone who attends church or believes in God is a radical religious zealot.
Once again, you libs tie your very existence to the all or nothing straw man argument.

I don't recall him saying that. I am a spiritual man and my wife is an evangelical christian. my Mother is true blue Catholic. Neither my wife nor my Mother are religious zealots. Both believe strongly in the separation of church and state and actually both despise Santorum. I don't recall Clayton making such an all or nothing statement.

Forum List

Back