Separation of church and state makes him want to throw up

"Oral contraceptives are designed to prevent pregnancy in one of three ways:

Prevent ovulation each month.

The cervix produces less and thicker mucus so that sperm cannot easily enter the uterus.

The lining of the uterus becomes thinner, making it more difficult for a fertilized egg to attach to the uterus should ovulation occur and fertilization take place.
"

Oral Contraceptives: Birth Control Pills : American Pregnancy Association

How Birth Control Pills Prevent Pregnancy

Facts About Abortion: Can Birth Control Cause an Abortion?

That's not what Plan B does. It prevents ovulation from occurring. If it's taken after ovulation has occurred, it is ineffective at preventing pregnancy.

Oh, now you are going to tell me what my beliefs are in regards to euthanasia, eugenics, welfare, medicaid/medicare and the ACA.

I can save you the problem of typing out my opinion of ACA. I am opposed to it. Not because I don't think we should do everything in our power to make sure that everyone who wants or needs health insurance... and by the way, ACA does nothing about health care it is all about increasing the bottom lines of health insurance companies... has it, but because one we as a nation can't afford it, two, it does not solve the problem. There are so many things wrong with ACA.

Would you like to take a stab at my views on Welfare? I will bet you won't come close if you don't search through the site to find out.

I'll leave welfare out of this so you can tell me what I think but let me help you out with the others:

Euthanasia: If there is someway that we can guarantee that it is the choice of the patient, then I do not oppose Euthanasia. I am concerned about the idea of Grandson Johnny euthanizing Grandpa Joe because Grandpa Joe is leaving a large inheritance and he just won't die fast enough.

Eugenics: You have me here. I take a hard rightwing stance against Margaret Sanger and her Eugenics buddies.

Medicaid/Medicare: I'm not a fan of Social Security. I don't think it should be eliminated, but I do believe it needs to be modified and that includes privatizing much of it. We need to wean ourselves off of it, so that retirees can improve their situation and leave much of the funds that were put into SSI to their families. After all, isn't that what the plan was supposed to insure survivability for the retiree and his/her family? As for Medicare and Medicaid, except for the fraud, I'm not against it at all.

Now, take your stab at pigeon-holing me on Welfare. No fair peeking.

Immie
1. never mentioned the health care law, thanks for making assumptions.
2. never mentioned euthanasia
3. never mentioned eugenics
4. Never mentioned SS, Medicare, Medicare or Welfare
so im actually gonna avoid everything you said, since that is not part of the current discussion.

why cant you answer simple questions when asked.

if you are against abortion, hence you believe life is sacred and should be protected at all costs (correct me if im wrong) then why is letting a person die because they do can not afford access to health care acceptable? (leave the ACA out this, and answer the question)

you seem to have a real hard time answering directly asked questions. are you afraid of the answers?

then why is letting a person die because they do can not afford access to health care acceptable?

I already answered your question. I don't give a shit if you don't like my answer. You won't get another. This was my answer: "Not because I don't think we should do everything in our power to make sure that everyone who wants or needs health insurance... has it, but because one we as a nation can't afford it, two, it does not solve the problem."

What the hell gives you the right to insinuate that I am for letting someone die because they can't afford health insurance? Now you have crossed the line from being an ass to being a prick.

I don't have any problem answering direct questions. I have answered every one you asked me at least once, yet you don't like the answers I have given you so, you won't accept my answer. About all I can tell you is shove your games in your ass and go play with someone that you can trap.

Immie
didnt try to trap you, i didnt insinuate anything. i asked a question, you just got upset at the questions you refused to answer. so go ahead and stay in wing nut land where everything is pretty and the skys rain gold.

the actual follow question would have been, if you are not ok with letting that person die, then who should have to pay for it if the patient cant?

Last edited:

The cervix produces less and thicker mucus so that sperm cannot easily enter the uterus.

The lining of the uterus becomes thinner, making it more difficult for a fertilized egg to attach to the uterus should ovulation occur and fertilization take place.
"

That's not what Plan B does. It prevents ovulation from occurring. If it's taken after ovulation has occurred, it is ineffective at preventing pregnancy.

"Emergency Contraception ("Morning After" Pill, Postcoital Contraception, Plan B, etc.) - Delivers hormones orally through a high-dosage pill that prevents ovulation, thickens the mucus lining so as to prevent fertilization, and thins the lining of the uterus, which may prevent implantation if fertilization does occur. The estimated failure rate is 1%."

Argue with them

The lining of the uterus becomes thinner, making it more difficult for a fertilized egg to attach to the uterus should ovulation occur and fertilization take place. "

don't confuse them with science and fact, for the love of Mike. They only support the use of these contraceptives because they think they kill babies! You're raining on their baby killing parade!

Well, it seems that you got more of a response than I did, but still the hard left avoided it like the plague. Bodecea commented in the thread, but as per usual she didn't really comment on the topic. She is good at stirring up shit without getting into the middle of the issue. Except for in the debate on homosexual unions, she's one of the few on the site that are difficult to pinpoint their beliefs.

Immie

"

"Emergency Contraception ("Morning After" Pill, Postcoital Contraception, Plan B, etc.) - Delivers hormones orally through a high-dosage pill that prevents ovulation, thickens the mucus lining so as to prevent fertilization, and thins the lining of the uterus, which may prevent implantation if fertilization does occur. The estimated failure rate is 1%."

Argue with them

I am on my way out the door so if that source isn't good enough here's a few more:

"It can irritate the lining of the uterus (endometrium) so as to inhibit implantation."
How Does it Work? - Morning After Pill

"If preventing ovulation were the only effect of Plan B, it could not be considered an abortifacient (abortion-producing), but this is not the case. Plan B has a secondary mechanism that can also interfere with the movement of the egg through the oviduct (fallopian tube), and thus could keep an already fertilized egg from reaching the uterus. Furthermore, Plan B can alter the lining of the uterus in a way that prevents the implantation of the developing embryo. " Plan B - Answers in Genesis

"If fertilization does occur, Plan B may prevent a fertilized egg from attaching to the womb (implantation)." FDA's Decision Regarding Plan B: Questions and Answers

I'm out for the afternoon. See everyone this evening and happy hunting. :lol:

The man who represents the religion that believes God lives on Kolob might take this. I can handle that I guess.

Every one gets their own planet.And become a god or a godess. Okey dokey. Husbands are the only ones that can bring their wives note plural to Jehovah.

Secret secret garments that you have to wear your bra and underpanties over. Okey dokey.

We've come such a long way baby.

Kolob freaks the crap out of me that anyone actually believes God lives on Kolob.

Argue with them

Why should I? First of all, they're not an authoritative source. Second of all, they're not the ones coming on here making claims. Third of all, your argument is fallacy. You're taking general explanations of varying mechanisms of varying drugs, and attributing all of them to a specific drug. It would be like me saying this:

Pain medications (tylenol, advil, morphine) work in one of three ways:

1. They block the pain receptors in the brain, though can become highly addictive

2. They reduce inflammation in tissue, so as to prevent or minimize pressure being applied to sensory nerves

3. They inhibit key enzymes that contribute to the onset of the pain response.

Therefore, tylenol is addictive.

no i never told you what you should think, i told what the opinion of personhood laws, which until this post you never stated you were against when i raised the issue.

i am not against abortion because i dont believe a fetus under 12 weeks old in fact a person. i am against late term abortion. (i.e. 20 weeks or later into a pregnancy) i feel that its a womans choice to decided if she wants to actually have a child or not. not all pregnancy's are planned and i would rather have a woman abort, than have a child live either in extreme poverty or be a ward of the state.

so heres an interesting question. if you are against abortion, hence you believe life is sacred and should be protected at all costs (correct me if im wrong) then why is letting a person die because they do can not afford access to health care acceptable?

Ignorant post of the day
:cuckoo:

no i never told you what you should think, i told what the opinion of personhood laws, which until this post you never stated you were against when i raised the issue.

i am not against abortion because i dont believe a fetus under 12 weeks old in fact a person. i am against late term abortion. (i.e. 20 weeks or later into a pregnancy) i feel that its a womans choice to decided if she wants to actually have a child or not. not all pregnancy's are planned and i would rather have a woman abort, than have a child live either in extreme poverty or be a ward of the state.

so heres an interesting question. if you are against abortion, hence you believe life is sacred and should be protected at all costs (correct me if im wrong) then why is letting a person die because they do can not afford access to health care acceptable?

Ignorant post of the day

You obviously haven't been reading his posts in the Pharmacy thread today. :lol:

You know what kills me about where the focus of where this thread has gone? The fact that liberals are arguing to FORCE insurance companies and tax payers to GIVE women a drug that the FDA classifies a Class A carcinogen and are working their asses off to keep them from eating Twinkies.

The hypocrisy of this borders on the...strike that...IS absurd!

ALMOST as absurd as the separation OF church and state argument when the 13 original states had 9 different OFFICIAL STATE RELIGIONS!

Which only changed when they realized that...as Jefferson argued...that if the state had a single official religion, state funds could not be used to establish colleges and hospitals that were founded by other religions.

It's AMAZING the ignorance on display by some on these subjects.

It's almost as amazing as coming to a thread with over 500 posts thinking you are going to tell us something that hasn't already been beaten to death

I was thinking the same thing as I scrolled through this cluster-fuck.

Started out as "separation of church and state", but now we've veered into abortion and health-care

:eusa_eh:

Ignorant post of the day

You obviously haven't been reading his posts in the Pharmacy thread today. :lol:

Well, I DID just get home from work, so......

:D

Well, I DID just get home from work, so......

:D
this coming the the guy who thinks the first amendment only applies to the government and not private individuals or companies

LOL It DOES only apply to the government you fool.
so...... news reporters arent protected by freedom of speech laws from prosecution? protesters arent protected by freedom of speech laws from violence? private citizens dont have the freedom to assemble?

keep digging your hole. since none of the first amendment applies to any of our private citizens or businesses.

Ignorant post of the day

All the ones he posted today were on that level.

Until he started posting this afternoon he was pretty reasonable.

Perhaps his 13 year old daughter got online for him this afternoon when he didn't log off?

Immie

Ignorant post of the day

Perhaps his 13 year old daughter got online for him this afternoon when he didn't log off?

Immie
yeah, cause wing nuts like unknown soldier think the first amendment doesn't apply to individuals or businesses....

Immie
yeah, cause wing nuts like unknown soldier think the first amendment doesn't apply to individuals or businesses....

wing nut? LOL I'm actually pretty in the middle

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

You realize that if this amendment applied to ANYONE but the government that among other things this site wouldn't have the right to moderate your speech right?

Go ahead , post something that is counter to their rules, then sue them for violating your first amendment rights and see where that gets you .

Forum List

Back