🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Sequester Chart of the Day.....

Taxing appropriately for the spending you intend to make is called being fiscally responsible.

Yet more spending? Yet bigger and bigger government? What is direly needed -- our deficit is already at PIIGS level -- is LESS spending. All through history irresponsible governments have collapsed their countrys' economies by gross overspending and overtaxing and most of all overborrowing, and here we go, down down down like all these past and present losers.

No, the line by line analysis is what YOU provide. Why would you possibly think that you would persuade anyone by spouting off about things that you want?

Actually it was my President that told us that he was going to go line-by-line, through the budget, and cut "with a scalpel and not an axe".
Problem is we haven't had a fucking budget since he said that.

Just because republicans have gone "waaaaaa I dont like it" every time obama makes a budget proposal doesnt change the fact that obama has submitted many of them. If you say something doesnt exist, when I can pull it off the top of google in 30 seconds, you get called a liar.

The Budget | The White House

Obama has proposed budgets and his own Dem-led Senate has rejected them.
This same Dem-led Senate has not passed a budget in four years, and has shot down any and all budget resolutions proposed by Congress.

Of course we have a baseline budget. But we are being funded by 'continuing resolutions'.

Of course we have a baseline budget. But we are being funded by 'continuing resolutions'.

Whoops! We just got another one. It was on the breaking news, another "continuing resolution" right before I came here.

Actually it was my President that told us that he was going to go line-by-line, through the budget, and cut "with a scalpel and not an axe".
:eusa_silenced:

Yes: what about that? Things are getting very weird in Washington. No budget in four years? Is that legal? Is that a government?

The answer to your questions, in order, are just over 1400 days since they passed a budget, which, technically, means there has not been a budget for 3 years, no and yes.

Last edited:
No, the line by line analysis is what YOU provide. Why would you possibly think that you would persuade anyone by spouting off about things that you want?

Just because republicans have gone "waaaaaa I dont like it" every time obama makes a budget proposal doesnt change the fact that obama has submitted many of them. If you say something doesnt exist, when I can pull it off the top of google in 30 seconds, you get called a liar.

The white house budgets have, without fail, been so laden with spending requests that, if passed, we would have been deeper in debt now, which is why not a single person in Congress, including the Democrats, have ever voted in favor of any of his budget proposals. Blaming the Republicans for the fact that Obama's budgets are crappy is a but like blaming Clinton for the Bush era spending.

their collapse is due to austerity, where they have things they need to do as a government, yet instead choose to not do them, and lay a bunch of people off, exacerbating the recession.

germany and asian nations recovered thanks to govt spending expanding in response to the crisis, the us did too, but only until the tea party came along and threw a wrench in the works.

the tax-and-spend party
Is that supposed to be an insult? Taxing appropriately for the spending you intend to make is called being fiscally responsible, something republicans obviously know nothing about.

Their collapse was due to the tax increases they passed in order to reduce the deficit.

Tell me something, who else wants to increase taxes to reduce the deficit?

By the way, being fiscally responsible is spending no more money than you have, not trying to steal more money in order to be able to spend as much as you want. No one on this planet has ever balanced a budget by hoping they make more money.

Last edited:
Taxing appropriately for the spending you intend to make is called being fiscally responsible.

Yet more spending? Yet bigger and bigger government? What is direly needed -- our deficit is already at PIIGS level -- is LESS spending. All through history irresponsible governments have collapsed their countrys' economies by gross overspending and overtaxing and most of all overborrowing, and here we go, down down down like all these past and present losers.

Republicans are fundamentally incapable of demonstrating the leadership in deciding what needs to be cut and why, and so their judgement that cuts need to be made at all is equally suspect.

You cant cry "overtaxing" when 1 out of 4 companies pay no tax. you cant cry "overtaxing" at a rate of 40% on the highest bracket of income when it should damn well be 94%.

I will agree with you that the middle class and small businesses are being overtaxed, push that brackets up so that the first 30k of everyones income is income tax free that will stimulate the economy big time (reagan did that btw). lose the caps on the wage tax so that the overall rate can be lowered, helping fuel consumer demand as well as take the weight off of small businesses (wage tax is small businesses biggest chunk they need to pay, and they need to pay it whether or not they see a profit).

Obama has proposed budgets and his own Dem-led Senate has rejected them.
This same Dem-led Senate has not passed a budget in four years, and has shot down any and all budget resolutions proposed by Congress.

The white house budgets have, without fail, been so laden with spending requests that, if passed, we would have been deeper in debt now, which is why not a single person in Congress, including the Democrats, have ever voted in favor of any of his budget proposals. Blaming the Republicans for the fact that Obama's budgets are crappy is a but like blaming Clinton for the Bush era spending.

No, republicans basically scribbled the words "the presidents budjit" on a napkin and submitted it, unsuprisingly everyone voted against it, and the right wing propaganda machine spun it to no end.

Senate rejects Obama budget in 99-0 vote - The Hill's Floor Action
The White House sought to provide cover for Democrats to vote against the Obama budget resolution before the vote, arguing the resolution offered by Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) was different from Obama’s budget because it did not include policy report language.

Obama budget defeated 99-0 in Senate - Washington Times
Democrats disputed that it was actually the president’s plan, arguing that the slim amendment didn’t actually match Mr. Obama’s budget document, which ran thousands of pages. But Republicans said they used all of the president’s numbers in the proposal, so it faithfully represented his plan.

House and Senate Unanimously Reject Obama Budgets ? Or Do They? - ABC News
Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Miss., introduced a budget amendment representing the president’s budget request; the Sessions amendment was voted down 99-0. (You can read it HERE.)
While the Sessions and Mulvaney bills put forward the same topline numbers as those in the president’s budget, neither offered any specifics. The Sessions legislation was 56 pages long; actual budgets are closer to 2,000 pages long.

Suffice to say, you have been lied to. Try following the issues closer.

{europeon countries} collapse was due to the tax increases they passed in order to reduce the deficit.
No, they're in a recession because they beleived ratings agencies who put rated huge piles of garbage as AAA.
The Sub-Prime Primer - A Funny Explanation of the Mortgage Crisis

Tell me something, who else wants to increase taxes to reduce the deficit?
How else do you pay off a debt, than by paying it off? I dont care about your luxuries. I dont care about your sense of entitlement for a summer home and a yacht. I do care about the fiscal solvency of my country, income tax on income over a million should be at 94% until this national debt thing blows over.

By the way, being fiscally responsible is spending no more money than you have, not trying to steal more money in order to be able to spend as much as you want. No one on this planet has ever balanced a budget by hoping they make more money.
Tell that to the republicans. Every time we had a red president, the national deficit went up, every time we had a blue president, the national deficit went down.

I want real cuts. Everything across the board.
Line by line analysis to decide how much per item

Isn't it fucking amazing...To top the cake, he spent twice as much as Bush, even through he bitched at Bush for his spending. LOL. :eusa_whistle:

Isn't it fucking amazing...To top the cake, he spent twice as much as Bush, even through he bitched at Bush for his spending. LOL. :eusa_whistle:

deficit at the end of bush's term- 1.4t, current deficit 900b
2009 United States federal budget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2013 United States federal budget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1277488480570-dumpfm-haydiroket-deal1.gif

yes, its a lousy way to do biz., but, we did increase taxes on rates, cap gains, dividends etc. (not counting the obamacare increases), this was supposed to be followed by the 3-1 cut formula, so we had the rise in revenues, and the cuts? No where to be seen.

Guess we'll have to go the sequester route, which still don't come anywhere near the 3-1 number.

snip-

I have said it before, but it bears repeating: Even if sequestration goes through, the Congressional Budget Office predicts that spending will continue to go up over the next ten years, from $3.538 trillion in FY 2012 to $5.939 trillion in FY 2023. Even given inflation and population growth, it’s hard to see these projections as reflective of devastating spending cuts. Also, in FY2023 will be back to running $1 trillion deficit. And that’s before our real fiscal troubles start.

Sequester Armageddon? Not So Much - By Veronique de Rugy - The Corner - National Review Online

fed-spend-without-with-sequester-fixed-1%20copy.png

Yeah I saw that chart a few days ago.

ANOTHER good reason for rethinking this policy.

Personally I think if all these cuts are done (and it really doesn't matter so much WHAT is cut) we're headed back into another recession.

I've got bad news for you. We are headed for worst than a recession, Sequester or no sequester.

On this we agree

I suspect our international banking system is really poised for potential disaster, too.

But regardless, cutting spending stupidly in this economy stikes me as a dumb policy.

It's the morning after the signing of the sequester...
reporting all is well.
The sun has risen and I haven't noticed any of the 170 million people that are gonna lose their jobs
rioting so it looks like it's gonna be a good day..

I will post an update a little later in the day...

Good luck peeps.

reporting all is well.
The sun has risen and I haven't noticed any of the 170 million people that are gonna lose their jobs

Good luck peeps.

I smoked a cigarette last night, and guess what? I woke up this morning.

So if I were a right winger, I would say that is proof positive that smoking is totally harmless. Thankfully I have an adult brain, not a child's.

Mere parsimony is not economy. Expense, and great expense, may be an essential part in true economy.
Edmund Burke

Last edited:
Sequestration?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Dr Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...
Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave!
Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

601443_10151323948110197_1187810676_n.jpg

reporting all is well.

Good luck peeps.

Mere parsimony is not economy. Expense, and great expense, may be an essential part in true economy.
Edmund Burke

Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.
H. L. Mencken

it would help if you read your own links, and understand what and how the budget for the US is crafted and, what happened in year 2008 while creating the budget for 2009.

Your 2009 link as proof of anything is, well, since this is the CDZ, I'll just say its 'not very good', bush didn't sign the stimulus into law,or have it in his 2008 for 2009 , did he?

The final spending bills for the budget were not signed into law until March 11, 2009 by President Barack Obama, nearly five and a half months after the fiscal year began.

Yeah I saw that chart a few days ago.

ANOTHER good reason for rethinking this policy.

Personally I think if all these cuts are done (and it really doesn't matter so much WHAT is cut) we're headed back into another recession.

I've got bad news for you. We are headed for worst than a recession, Sequester or no sequester.

On this we agree

I suspect our international banking system is really poised for potential disaster, too.

But regardless, cutting spending stupidly in this economy stikes me as a dumb policy.

and so to is taxing, obama himself said so, BUT, added the proviso that he would anyway, out of a sense of "fairness"....so, his morals trump economics.

reporting all is well.

Good luck peeps.

Edmund Burke

Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.
H. L. Mencken

How ethical of you to erase my response in your reply. But I am not at all surprised, you are consistent.

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Lie.

Bush's term ended at the beginning of 2009, not the end of it. Your dates need significant work.

Last edited:
reporting all is well.

Good luck peeps.

Wouldn't we have to add 20 million jobs before that many people could lose their jobs? Does that mean the end of the world has been delayed?

reporting all is well.

Good luck peeps.

I smoked a cigarette last night, and guess what? I woke up this morning.

So if I were a right winger, I would say that is proof positive that smoking is totally harmless. Thankfully I have an adult brain, not a child's.

Edmund Burke

We just cut $1,200,000,000,000 from the budget, how can we do that and still have a country left?

Forum List

Back