🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Serial Plagiarizer Rand Paul Strikes Again

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009

Rand Paul Uses Plagiarized Content Against Obama

Anthea Mitchell February 13, 2014

Rand Paul, a well-known Tea Party member and Republican senator from Kentucky, filed a lawsuit on Wednesday against President Barack Obama and heads of government agencies connected with the National Security Agency’s publicized bulk collection program, seeking to have it declared unconstitutional. While not the sole lawsuit being filed on the issue, it is one of the more pulbic ones. This made what came next — his second plagiarization scandal in as many years — that much more unfortunate for the senator.

Paul’s lawyer, Ken Cuccinelli, worked with Bruce Fein, an ex-Reagan administration lawyer, in writing up the suit. Now, both Fein and his spokeswoman — a role filled by his ex-wife — are insisting that not only has Fein not been fully paid for his work but that the suit — filed under Cuccinelli’s name — has stolencredit for his work without giving proper recognition for his work and writing.

“I am aghast and shocked by Ken Cuccinelli’s behavior and his absolute knowledge that this entire complaint was the work product, intellectual property and legal genius of Bruce Fein. Ken Cuccinelli stole the suit,” said Mattie Fein, Fein’s spokeswoman, to the Washington Post. She also pointed out that Paul has “already had one plagiarism issue,” and “now has a lawyer who just takes another lawyer’s work product.”

This guy has to be one of the biggest buffoon in politics him & Ted Cruz are like A blue light special . Me me me me me .

Last edited:
Let me get this right . Ken Cuccinelli, worked with Bruce Fein and they co wrote the lawsuit.

But you're blaming Rand Paul? From the OP you progressive and smarmy assholes....

“I am aghast and shocked by Ken Cuccinelli’s behavior and his absolute knowledge that this entire complaint was the work product, intellectual property and legal genius of Bruce Fein. Ken Cuccinelli stole the suit,” said Mattie Fein, Fein’s spokeswoman, to the Washington Post.

:lmao:

Last edited:
Now prove that Rand Paul knew that this a plagerized piece of property or shut the fuck up.

This guy has to be one of the biggest buffoon in politics him & Ted Cruz are like A blue light special . Me me me me me .

I know right? Pretty sad when they are supposed to be doing the grunt work, as freshman, yet they never saw a camera they didn't like.

waaa, some lawyer whining about not being paid and of course this IS stop the press new for the Washingtoncompost...hey only do their job for the DNC

but he's SHOCKED...Now he knows how we feel about most them....lol

I'm going to embarrass the shit out of some people now.

:) From the very left wing Raw Story.

UPDATE: Bruce Fein came forward Thursday to dispute Milbank and the Post‘s version of events. MSNBC reported that Paul’s political action committee RANDPAC forwarded an email from Fein to journalists disavowing his ex-wife Mattie’s characterization of the situation.

“Mattie Lolavar was not speaking for me,” Fein wrote. “Her quotes were her own and did not represent my views. I was working on a legal team, and have been paid for my work.”

Rand Paul-affiliated lawyer now says NSA lawsuit not plagiarized | The Raw Story

Last edited:
thanks tinydancer...you see the Washingtoncompost runs anything that will destroy someone's Reputation, especially a Republican...awful newspaper

and the op should be ashamed for passing around bogus crap

I'm going to embarrass the shit out of everyone now.

UPDATE: Bruce Fein came forward Thursday to dispute Milbank and the Post‘s version of events. MSNBC reported that Paul’s political action committee RANDPAC forwarded an email from Fein to journalists disavowing his ex-wife Mattie’s characterization of the situation.

“Mattie Lolavar was not speaking for me,” Fein wrote. “Her quotes were her own and did not represent my views. I was working on a legal team, and have been paid for my work.”

Rand Paul-affiliated lawyer now says NSA lawsuit not plagiarized | The Raw Story

Not everyone ;)
Those that should be embarrassed have no pride. The rest of us weren't fooled

Even rawstory finally has some pride and run's what is right

that I'm shocked about

I'm going to embarrass the shit out of everyone now.

Not everyone ;)
Those that should be embarrassed have no pride. The rest of us weren't fooled

And you are correct for pointing that out. I went back and changed my blanket statement.

TY!

that I'm shocked about

:lol:

Now don't stroke out. I put up another thread and guess who else is rescinding their story?

MSNBC.:eek: I'm checking for pigs flying by my window.

A spokesperson for RANDPAC forwarded an email from Fein denying Mattie Fein’s allegations. “Mattie Lolavar was not speaking for me,” Fein said in the email. “Her quotes were her own and did not represent my views. I was working on a legal team, and have been paid for my work.” Bruce Fein confirmed to msnbc that the email was from him.

The Kentucky Senator has previously come under criticism for lifting work without attribution in op-eds, speeches, and even his book. But when it comes to his lawsuit against the NSA, the accusation appears to be without merit.

Rand Paul didn't plagiarize his NSA lawsuit | MSNBC

Interesting Bruce Fein's official spokesperson called it "stolen credit" then-----then the following day, Fein's office walks it back. Given Republican proclivity for quid pro quo (see Bridgegate, et al) makes me wonder what the quo is?

Interesting Bruce Fein's official spokesperson called it "stolen credit" then-----then the following day, Fein's office walks it back. Given Republican proclivity for quid pro quo (see Bridgegate, et al) makes me wonder what the quo is?

Fein is the one pointing out very clearly that her views were her own. Her quotes were her own.

So now back to back we have a bullshit story on Brevin from Politico and now this bullshit story.

Smear tactics. Very David Axelrod. Run with the smear headline. Apologize later. But the headline is then already out there for the left wing lunatics to spew their talking points time and time again on websites and in the media.

What is interesting this time is both Raw Story and MSNBC put up their updates immediately.

that I'm shocked about

:lol:

Now don't stroke out. I put up another thread and guess who else is rescinding their story?

MSNBC.:eek: I'm checking for pigs flying by my window.

A spokesperson for RANDPAC forwarded an email from Fein denying Mattie Fein’s allegations. “Mattie Lolavar was not speaking for me,” Fein said in the email. “Her quotes were her own and did not represent my views. I was working on a legal team, and have been paid for my work.” Bruce Fein confirmed to msnbc that the email was from him.

The Kentucky Senator has previously come under criticism for lifting work without attribution in op-eds, speeches, and even his book. But when it comes to his lawsuit against the NSA, the accusation appears to be without merit.

Rand Paul didn't plagiarize his NSA lawsuit | MSNBC

HOLY SMOKES, MSNBC?
I feel my blood pressure rising...:eek:

Rand Paul is not a lawyer. He didn't write any complaint. He could not possibly have committed plagiarism.

Forum List

Back