Setting the record straight, regarding Cohen and Hannity

Even if there is no attorney client relationship, Sean Hannity still retains protections under the 4th Amendment or is the 4th supposed to repealed along with the First and Second.

How can any of these posters set any record straight when all they can do is parrot 3rd and 4th hand "news"?

It's kind of the law...You know regular folks watch law dramas and this comes up...

Actually in UK and Ireland the regular population know more about US law than there own country...

Sorry but that is TOTAL bullshit comment!
I want PROOF of that statement because that is so out of bounds with reality!

Oh, the alt right angst!

Cohen outed Hannitty, folks, no one else.

Trump cultists will now claim that hannity is owed his privacy......and I would say that Hannity is owed the same level of privacy that he showed toward the Seth Rich family.

I agree, Nat, but everyone needs to say "yeah, it was Cohen who outed Hannity as his client."

Even if there is no attorney client relationship, Sean Hannity still retains protections under the 4th Amendment or is the 4th supposed to repealed along with the First and Second.

If Sean sent communications to Michael, and Sean says Michael was not my attorney, that Sean has no expectation of privacy to those communications that he sent to Michael. If I send a letter to Stormy saying I want to motorboat her, and she sends a copy to my boss, it's my tough luck. I might offer to buy it back before she sends it, though.

take THAT up with Cohen.......It was he who outed Hannity claiming the client-attorney privilege. No one else!!

I can't believe people are freaking out over this. What does it matter one way or another?
When the demtards have nothing else to feign outrage over, they can't be too choisey, they have to just pretend whatever they can find is a big deal.

Who cares, let 'em, once again they just look stupid to vast majority of Americans.

I can't believe people are freaking out over this. What does it matter one way or another?
When the demtards have nothing else to feign outrage over, they can't be too choisey, they have to just pretend whatever they can find is a big deal.

Who cares, let 'em, once again they just look stupid to vast majority of Americans.
Well, I admit I'm curious if Cohen ever served as Sean's bag man in a payoff over sex thing (_:

Well, I admit I'm curious if Cohen ever served as Sean's bag man in a payoff over sex thing (_:
Why?

We were ALL told when Bubba was cigar dipping Monica getting BJ's in the Oval Office that none of that sort of thing was anybody's business.

Did America forget that, or does it only apply to conservatives?

There's a few issues that need to be clarified on this forum regarding the "relationship" between Cohen and Hannity:

1. It was Cohen (no one else) who labeled Sean Hannity a CLIENT

2. Attorney-client privilege does NOT include the divulging of a client's name (as circuit courts have determined.) .......so, the claim that Hannity's name as a "client" should not be known, is invalid.

3. The exchange of money between an attorney and an individual is NOT a requisite to determine that the individual is a client.......For example, pro bono cases do not require payments.....

But, much more damaging to the Cohen-Hannity relationship COULD BE the exchange of legal advice (by Cohen) for the "payment" (by Hannity) in providing good press for Trump on his TV/Radio shows. This would certainly be very hard to prove, but I point it out solely because the relationship between these 2 men should have been openly disclosed much earlier.
Ya really didn’t need to post this
We had a good idea of your position on each

One additional issue.....

Cohen's attorneys were making a claim that the records seized from Cohen should fall under "attorney-client" privileges......

If Hannity vehemently claims that he was not Cohen's client, then ANY documentation between Cohen and Hannity does NOT fall under that privilege.

You CANNOT have it both ways.
The catch in Hannities statement is, he makes it sound like he called Cohen with some real estate questions and that’s it... but if that’s the case then what kind of documentation and records would Cohen have that disclosed Hannity as a client? There seems to be records that are now in possession of the FBI, so what are they? They must be somewhat significant if they ended in bringing Hannities name up in court, right?

(snicker) it was Cohen who outed Hannitty, and the far right thinks it was the left's fault.

Forum List

Back