Seven killed in Iowa Tornadoes...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Seven people were killed, including two children, when several tornadoes swept through central Iowa, destroying homes and knocking down trees and power lines in the state's deadliest storm in more than a decade, authorities said.

I hate tornadoes. I went to Joplin after the tornado tore through... never seen anything like it.

Remember these folks in Iowa in your prayers. If I find a Give Send Go I'll post it.

Was the cause climate change or White Supremacists?

The Moon Bats think that any tragedy on earth is caused by one of the two. Sometimes they say both.

Damn, that a lot of deaths for Iowa given how they prepare.....I wonder if they were "recent immigrants" and not used to it.

In before the climate change hoax weenies blame it on Trump.
That is a lot of deaths for anywhere, unless talking about Chicago on a typical Saturday night.

Was the cause climate change or White Supremacists?

The Moon Bats think that any tragedy on earth is caused by one of the two. Sometimes they say both.

Or may be it was caused by Trump.:rolleyes:

Moon Bats=Morons.

A lot of people in these areas do not have caves basements or much for shelters to get into. I suspect a few of the ones hit were in newer homes or mobile homes even.

The load roar of the first one that went through Winterset where the children died could be heard here outside if you stepped out right after the sirens in town went off. In a rough guess I'd say it was about four miles north of us as it went east towards Humeston.

Seven people were killed, including two children, when several tornadoes swept through central Iowa, destroying homes and knocking down trees and power lines in the state's deadliest storm in more than a decade, authorities said.

I hate tornadoes. I went to Joplin after the tornado tore through... never seen anything like it.

Remember these folks in Iowa in your prayers. If I find a Give Send Go I'll post it.

I flew through that area just a week ago. So sad.

Have a look inside a tornado. These people did in a specially built armored, anchored vehicle designed to survive one. The worst ones are TWICE as strong as this one.

What the hell do they use to anchor the vehicle, explosive pile injectors? Rapid drills?

Holy hell.

You need to watch "Stormchasers".

I've watched episodes where they get close, where they skirt the tornado, but this is the first one I saw of them plant down and stay inside one.

The Engineer in me is nerding out over this.

Of course location matters I guess with the vehicle, they can survive the wind but I doubt they could survive a combine slamming into them at 120 MPH.

You need to watch "Stormchasers".
I've watched episodes where they get close, where they skirt the tornado, but this is the first one I saw of them plant down and stay inside one.

The Engineer in me is nerding out over this.

Of course location matters I guess with the vehicle, they can survive the wind but I doubt they could survive a combine slamming into them at 120 MPH.
I edited my post to show a YouTube video of storm chasing vehicles instead.

Forum List

Back