seven stats on climate change

In this link, there are seven statistics that demonstrate that we are already experiencing effects from AGW.

7 Numbers Show How Dire Climate Change Got This Decade | HuffPost

Too bad our President & his followers are too stupid to acknowledge its existence let alone take action.

Republicans are sacrificing their children's future to bow down to their orange god.

So over the course of this thread your 7 stats about climate change have been shown to be nothing more than hysterical, hyperventilating hand waving. Got any other "stats" that you need to have shot down?

In this link, there are seven statistics that demonstrate that we are already experiencing effects from AGW.

Too bad our President & his followers are too stupid to acknowledge its existence let alone take action.

Republicans are sacrificing their children's future to bow down to their orange god.

So over the course of this thread your 7 stats about climate change have been shown to be nothing more than hysterical, hyperventilating hand waving. Got any other "stats" that you need to have shot down?
Shown by whom? Certainly not a pretend climatologist like you.

I'll take NASA. You can take Limbaugh.

It is calculated to be 4,200,000,000 cubic kilometers. Very interesting that you were unable to find that for yourself...or know that since the US standard atmosphere is based on the ideal gas laws, that the volume of the atmosphere could be gathered from the formula alone. It is, after all, according to you 8th grade stuff.

Considering some of the things you seem to believe, maybe you should go back a bit further than 8th grade.

Of course I can find this myself ... I don't think you can, and still don't ... do you have a citation for the value you give above or did you calculate this yourself? ... if the latter, please show your work because you did something terribly wrong ... my guess is your either using the wrong value for Earth's radius (NASA's published value for volumetric mean radius is 6371 km) or you using some crazy small value for the altitude of the top-of-atmosphere ... the 7 km you used is lower than a few mountain tops and only includes 60% of the mass ... our 99.9% of the mass will be at 51 km ... please try again and see if you can arrive at the 26,000,000,000 km^3 value I got using the constants I gave ...

The US Standard Atmosphere assumes a surface temperature of 15ºC ... so of course this "predicts" a surface temperature of 15ºC ... duh ... "if A is true, then A is true", that's a logical fallacy archaically called "begging the question" ... you claimed we can use the Ideal Gas Law to predict this temperature ... we know the other four values, we can solve for the fifth ... or at least most of us can, so far it appears you can't ...

That's all 10th grade math ... my apologies ... let's use your value of 4,200,000,000 km^3 and see if you can multiply that by a pressure of 101,000 pascals ... we still have the nightmare of choosing the correct mass value to match our value of R ... so if you could, go ahead and pick which ideal gas law constant value you want to use ahead of time ...

Shown by whom?

It's easy to show how bogus some of the claims in the OP are ... less ice in the Arctic allows shipping through that region ... a rather large reduction in the costs (and carbon pollution) and with no effect on mean sea level ... are we using the word "dire" to mean beneficial? ... or is that claim hysterical, hyperventilating hand waving ...

Here's your 8th grade math assignment: 40 billion tons of CO2 increases the ppmv value by how much? ... the measured increase is 2.3 ppmv ...

Shown by whom?

It's easy to show how bogus some of the claims in the OP are ... less ice in the Arctic allows shipping through that region ... a rather large reduction in the costs (and carbon pollution) and with no effect on mean sea level ... are we using the word "dire" to mean beneficial? ... or is that claim hysterical, hyperventilating hand waving ...

Here's your 8th grade math assignment: 40 billion tons of CO2 increases the ppmv value by how much? ... the measured increase is 2.3 ppmv ...
Wow, yet another dumbass denier.

Look around your environment...find yourself an adult to help you read and undersand the words on these pages and have them explain to you who is providing actual science to support their position and who is providing hysterical, hyperventilating, handwaving to support theirs...then suck it up, admit defeat and go find some other hysterical, handwaving hysterics to have shot down.

Of course I can find this myself ... I don't think you can, and still don't ... do you have a citation for the value you give above or did you calculate this yourself?

Get bent...

When you start showing some actual evidence to support your beliefs rather than simply expecting me to join you in your faith or be a dupe, perhaps I may be more inclined to help you out....and of course stop making completely ridiculous statements like back radiation isn't possible in a vacuum devoid of matter when clearly the vacuum in question contained matter...that was just ridiculous...anyone capable of making that sort of error has absolutely no room to even begin making aspersions regarding anyone else's intelligence.

As long as you keep your eyes closed, you can claim you've never been shown anything ...
My eyes are trained on reliable sources.

I'll believe NASA every fucking day of the week than a dumbass posting crap on USMB.

Reallty? So far you you have only provided option pieces which, by the way, did not refer to or link any reliable science. Clearly you have no idea what a reliable source might look like...

And why would you believe a NASA public relations piece which is nothing more than an unreviewed opinion over peer reviewed science? That is prima facie evidence that you really aren't able to discern between reliable sources and unreliable sources. None of your NASA opinions referred or referenced actual science to support their opinion...they were nothing more than opinions presented by the public relations departments...that isn't science...

Get bent...

When you start showing some actual evidence to support your beliefs rather than simply expecting me to join you in your faith or be a dupe, perhaps I may be more inclined to help you out....and of course stop making completely ridiculous statements like back radiation isn't possible in a vacuum devoid of matter when clearly the vacuum in question contained matter...that was just ridiculous...anyone capable of making that sort of error has absolutely no room to even begin making aspersions regarding anyone else's intelligence.

Ah, you calculated it yourself ... so much for 8th grade math ... you and RealDave are quite a show ... carry on ...

The wait continues for you to post some empirical evidence in support of your beliefs that proves more than that you are just easy to fool......waiting......waiting.....waiting....

back radiaion possible in atmosphere but not in a vacuum chamber....yuk, yuk, yuk....

Climate changed when the dinosaurs were roaming the Earth too. Was that Trumps fault? We only control 15% of the pollution in the world today. Chill, FakeHypocriteDave.

Climate changed when the dinosaurs were roaming the Earth too. Was that Trumps fault? We only control 15% of the pollution in the world today. Chill, FakeHypocriteDave.

Jesus fuck you are a moron.

No one said that man is the only factor in emissions.
Today's warming is due to man's emissions.

The USA used to be a world leader. Trump made it a laughing stock.

You must hate your own offspring.

As long as you keep your eyes closed, you can claim you've never been shown anything ...
My eyes are trained on reliable sources.

I'll believe NASA every fucking day of the week than a dumbass posting crap on USMB.

Reallty? So far you you have only provided option pieces which, by the way, did not refer to or link any reliable science. Clearly you have no idea what a reliable source might look like...

And why would you believe a NASA public relations piece which is nothing more than an unreviewed opinion over peer reviewed science? That is prima facie evidence that you really aren't able to discern between reliable sources and unreliable sources. None of your NASA opinions referred or referenced actual science to support their opinion...they were nothing more than opinions presented by the public relations departments...that isn't science...

I'll take NASA over a dumbass poster on this board.

I'll take the majority of Climatologists over a dumbass who twists & makes up shit on other's statistics.

So Mr Expert, what makes you an expert?

Look around your environment...find yourself an adult to help you read and undersand the words on these pages and have them explain to you who is providing actual science to support their position and who is providing hysterical, hyperventilating, handwaving to support theirs...then suck it up, admit defeat and go find some other hysterical, handwaving hysterics to have shot down.
I see the environment. Rising temperatures caused by emissions.

I read & listen to the scientists who have spoken up to ward us of this growing problem.

The solution is obvious.

Yet nothing is done because of those who put corporate profits over the future. Fossil fuel industry are fighting action. Dumbass deniers lie.

How can you deny the problem & the cause?

Are you claiming there is no climate change? Are you claiming man made emissions are not the primary cause?

How, How can you be this fucking stupid?

You & Rainman are two peas in a pod. Ignorant people trying to call the real scientists liars with your mumbo jumbo bullshit.

No one said man was the only factor.

Jesus fuck you are a moron.

No one said that man is the only factor in emissions.
Today's warming is due to man's emissions.

The USA used to be a world leader. Trump made it a laughing stock.

You must hate your own offspring.
Triggered much? I know the world is better off without people like you in it. My offspring agree.

No one said man was the only factor.
And no one can accurately predict how much of a factor man truly is.

Forum List

Back