seven stats on climate change

Are you so arrogant as to think anything you or anyone else does can alter the natural evolution of the earth?

So man has not pumped CO2 into the atmosphere? You do know we know how much man has added, right?

Lets take all the nuclear weapons on Earth, drill holes & bury them two miles underground & set them off at the same time.

So tell the class how much co2 mother nature has put in the atmosphere. And no you don't have a clue how much man has contributed. You can estimate it, but you can't accurately measure it.

Man's emissions have increased the amount of CO2 which will increase the greenhouse effect.

Your ignorance is showing.
Then why don't you quit breathing? You are emitting greenhouse gasses you asshole!

If you do not immediately commit suicide you are a fucking hypocrite!

Kill yourself now or :anj_stfu:

:abgg2q.jpg:

I have cut my emissions by over 50%.

What have you done.
The actual science indicates that my CO2 output helps to green my environment by promoting biodiversity. That makes the world a better place for me and my beloved to live, IMO.

Your ridiculous global warming doomsday cult dogma is that CO2 is going to destroy the fucking planet.

Kill yourself NOW!

Are you too fucking stupid to make a noose, you anti-environment CO2 spewing hypocrite!?

Last edited:
3) By 2020, no glaciers will be left on Mt. Kilimanjaro
Video
"It's now estimated that by the year 2020, there will be no glaciers of Mt. Kilimanjaro," Christian Lambrechts, an officer at the U.N. Environment Program, told CNN in 2003.

The Associated Press also reported in 2007 that “in 2001, [glaciologist Lonnie] Thompson predicted the snows of Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania would disappear within the next 20 years.”

But today, Kilimanjaro's glaciers are still there, according to a 2019 paper in the Journal Ecology and Evolution that includes photos and a new timetable: "most of glaciers on Kilimanjaro ... will most likely disappear within 25 years."

Lonnie Thompson defended his prediction and said it was a bit different from how the AP summarized it. “My prediction was that there would be no glaciers, and that is true,” he told Fox News by phone.

“What we have now are ice bodies. The definition of a glacier is ice in motion. To be ice in motion, you have to have an accumulation zone. There’s been no recent accumulation. There are no glaciers on Kilimanjaro,” he said.

Asked about the study calling the current snow on the mountain “glaciers”, he said: “Sometimes people get caught up in semantics. The fact is all the glaciers in the tropics are disappearing.”

Breaking news from dumb ass liberals...the solution to climate change is tax increases. :eusa_think: What??

Using the tax code to steer society has been done for a long time.

It is ad that this needs to be done because you assfucks are too stupid to do it because it is for the greater good.

We tax cigarettes because they are bad for you & drive up healthcare costs. Why" Because despite the known dangers people still do it. At $8.00 a pack no less. But fewer people will do it because they can't afford it.

I hope they tax gasoline a dollar or more a gallon. Then maybe you assfucks would not drive around those jacked up 4x4's spewing black smoke out the single exhaust stack that you think is so cute.
When I pull up to the pump & fill my prius for $15.00, I laugh at those paying $70 to fill up their large trucks.

If we need tax increases to accomplish the reductions we need, it is because of dumbasses like you.

We get it, you're gay. No man drives a Prius.

1. The U.S. may warm 6 degrees F from 1990 to 2020
Video
In 1990, The Washington Post reported in a front page story: "Carbon dioxide is the gas most responsible for predictions that Earth will warm on average by about 3 degrees Fahrenheit by the year 2020."

The outlet further warned: "The United States, because it occupies a large continent in higher latitudes, could warm by as much as 6 degrees Fahrenheit."

2019 IN REVIEW: THE TOP 5 CRAZIEST WEATHER MOMENTS

Thirty years later, 2020 has finally arrived. The Earth has warmed approximately 1 degree Fahrenheit according to NASA. The United States also warmed roughly 1 degree.

Elliott Negin, a spokesman for the Union of Concerned Scientists, declined to comment.

The latest UN IPCC report, AR5, however, addresses the issue of whether their models were accurate. (The UN predictions differed from the 1990 Washington Post ones, which did not cite its source.)

The latest UN report shows that current temperatures are just within the UN’s old predictions made in 1990, but acknowledges that actual temperatures came in “on the lower end” of expectations.

The UN report partly credits a 1991 volcanic eruption in the Philippines for the lower-than-expected warming, and says the new models account for volcanoes.

The UN now predicts a rise of about 2 to 5 degrees Fahrenheit from today to the year 2100.

Top 5 most outrageous 2020 doomsday predictions that didn't pan out
Within the range predicted. I guess you think nothing changed in out emissions since 1990.

Breaking news from dumb ass liberals...the solution to climate change is tax increases. :eusa_think: What??

Using the tax code to steer society has been done for a long time.

It is ad that this needs to be done because you assfucks are too stupid to do it because it is for the greater good.

We tax cigarettes because they are bad for you & drive up healthcare costs. Why" Because despite the known dangers people still do it. At $8.00 a pack no less. But fewer people will do it because they can't afford it.

I hope they tax gasoline a dollar or more a gallon. Then maybe you assfucks would not drive around those jacked up 4x4's spewing black smoke out the single exhaust stack that you think is so cute.
When I pull up to the pump & fill my prius for $15.00, I laugh at those paying $70 to fill up their large trucks.

If we need tax increases to accomplish the reductions we need, it is because of dumbasses like you.
Prius? Every few weeks I gotta pull out a big screwdriver and pry a few of those out of the grill on my 4 x 4 Diesel truck. Pretty annoying.

Are you so arrogant as to think anything you or anyone else does can alter the natural evolution of the earth?

So man has not pumped CO2 into the atmosphere? You do know we know how much man has added, right?

Lets take all the nuclear weapons on Earth, drill holes & bury them two miles underground & set them off at the same time.

So tell the class how much co2 mother nature has put in the atmosphere. And no you don't have a clue how much man has contributed. You can estimate it, but you can't accurately measure it.

Man's emissions have increased the amount of CO2 which will increase the greenhouse effect.

Actually your complete indoctrination is showing.
Only the uneducated calls education indoctrination.

Only the indoctrinated cannot separate indoctrination from education.

5. By 2020, "millions will die" from climate change
Video
Reuters newswire ran this headline in 1997: "'Millions will die' unless climate policies change."

The report said 8 million people would die by 2020, citing a prediction in the Lancet medical journal.

The mass death prediction was clearly way off.

“None of these predictions came true, and aren't even close to coming true,” said Roy Spencer, a climatologist at the University of Alabama in Huntsville. “It's amazing that the public can continue to believe apocalyptic predictions despite a 95 percent decline in weather-related deaths in the last 100 years.”

Some modern studies claim to find mass deaths; the Daily Beast covered a “shock report” that “Climate Change Kills 400,000 a Year,” but Human Progress' Marian Tupy said such estimates are grossly inflated.

“They say climate change causes everything. Some people try to pin the war on Syria on climate change, and then say when all those people die, that's because of climate change. They have a secondary agenda,” Tupy said.

The five predictions highlighted here join a host of similar failed predictions for 2010 and 2015 that Fox News tracked.

Tupy said that an overly negative view of humanity may be one cause of the bad predictions.

“Humans are not a curse upon the planet, but are actually a benefit, because we are problem-solvers. We are creators, not destroyers, on average.”

“When people ask you when was the best time to be alive – the answer is, tomorrow,” he added.

Video
"It's now estimated that by the year 2020, there will be no glaciers of Mt. Kilimanjaro," Christian Lambrechts, an officer at the U.N. Environment Program, told CNN in 2003.

The Associated Press also reported in 2007 that “in 2001, [glaciologist Lonnie] Thompson predicted the snows of Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania would disappear within the next 20 years.”

But today, Kilimanjaro's glaciers are still there, according to a 2019 paper in the Journal Ecology and Evolution that includes photos and a new timetable: "most of glaciers on Kilimanjaro ... will most likely disappear within 25 years."

Lonnie Thompson defended his prediction and said it was a bit different from how the AP summarized it. “My prediction was that there would be no glaciers, and that is true,” he told Fox News by phone.

“What we have now are ice bodies. The definition of a glacier is ice in motion. To be ice in motion, you have to have an accumulation zone. There’s been no recent accumulation. There are no glaciers on Kilimanjaro,” he said.

Asked about the study calling the current snow on the mountain “glaciers”, he said: “Sometimes people get caught up in semantics. The fact is all the glaciers in the tropics are disappearing.”

Getting there with about 10% left.
  • Kilimanjaro’s glaciers are shrinking in surface area and becoming thinner.
  • Glacier surface area shrank by 1 percent each year from 1912 to 1953.
  • It shrank by 2.5 percent each year from 1989 to 2007.
  • This means glaciers have reduced in area by 85 percent from 1912 to 2000.
  • From 2000 to 2009, 26 percent of the remaining ice cover melted away.
  • The glaciers survived a 300-year drought 4,200 years ago, and many researchers agree the recent melting is unique at least within the last 11,700 years
  • At this rate, the glaciers could disappear completely within a matter of years.

2. Oil will effectively run out by 2020
Video
CNN ran a headline in 2003 titled "World oil and gas 'running out'".

The New York Times reported in 1989 that "untapped pools of domestic oil are finite and dwindling," and that "William Stevens, the president of Exxon U.S.A., said ... by the year 2020 there would not be enough domestic oil left 'to keep me interested.'"

But doomsayers underestimated American ingenuity, and the opposite happened. Both U.S. oil output and U.S. proven oil reserves are dramatically higher now than they were in 1989, thanks to technology allowing deeper oil to be discovered and extracted.

New technology in natural gas ("fracking") also allowed the U.S. to become an energy independent net oil exporter for the first time in 75 years in 2018.

Reached by phone, Phillip Shabecoff, the former New York Times reporter who covered the disappearing oil in 1989, said that the Exxon CEO’s 2020 prediction was off.

“I’m not Nostradamus,” he said, adding, “it’s what the Exxon CEO said. He obviously did not anticipate the new fracking and gas technology. At the time the Permean Basin was being drained dry, so he had every reason to believe we were running out of oil,” Shabecoff said.

Marian Tupy, who tracks metrics like oil production at HumanProgress.org, told Fox News that people routinely underestimate humanity.

“People only think about how can we solve things with current technology. They underestimate human ingenuity,” he said.

Shabecoff said that “unfortunately, human ingenuity is often undermined by political ideology and greed, so we have not been able to bring human ingenuity to bear on urgent questions like climate change.”

I agree fighting pollution is something everyone wants. We need more Erin brockovichs out there keeping an eye on corporations that willfully and WANTINGLY pollute because they think it will cost more to do things properly, when it really won't. Screw their profits if it comes to even one, one human health issue. As far as global warming the climate has always changed so I'm a skeptic.
Although I agree with your polluting statements, I don't get why you can't get AGW.

Out Atmosphere is like an ocean. The industrial revolution started more industrial pollution of that ocean by emissions of pollutants & greenhouse gases.

No different than a factory dumping pollutants into our waterways. Like phosphates. This pollution increases the amount of phosphates that enter these systems naturally & create dead places in the Gulf or other areas where rivers empty into bodies of waters like the Chesapeake Bay.

It is the same process.
That's the simpleton's understanding of the issue. That's for letting everyone know how stupid you are.

Video

• The glaciers survived a 300-year drought 4,200 years ago, and many researchers agree the recent melting is unique at least within the last 11,700 years
  • At this rate, the glaciers could disappear completely within a matter of years.
Dude, your Cult has zero credibility.:21:

Video

Dude, your Cult has zero credibility.:21:

He is a True Believer, this is what happens hen one stops actually thinking.

Video
Reuters newswire ran this headline in 1997: "'Millions will die' unless climate policies change."

The report said 8 million people would die by 2020, citing a prediction in the Lancet medical journal.

“None of these predictions came true, and aren't even close to coming true,” said Roy Spencer, a climatologist at the University of Alabama in Huntsville. “It's amazing that the public can continue to believe apocalyptic predictions despite a 95 percent decline in weather-related deaths in the last 100 years.”

Some modern studies claim to find mass deaths; the Daily Beast covered a “shock report” that “Climate Change Kills 400,000 a Year,” but Human Progress' Marian Tupy said such estimates are grossly inflated.

“They say climate change causes everything. Some people try to pin the war on Syria on climate change, and then say when all those people die, that's because of climate change. They have a secondary agenda,” Tupy said.

The five predictions highlighted here join a host of similar failed predictions for 2010 and 2015 that Fox News tracked.

Tupy said that an overly negative view of humanity may be one cause of the bad predictions.

“Humans are not a curse upon the planet, but are actually a benefit, because we are problem-solvers. We are creators, not destroyers, on average.”

“When people ask you when was the best time to be alive – the answer is, tomorrow,” he added.

People are dying from the emissions that are fomenting climate change.

Add the deaths from more devastating hurricanes & floodings. More deaths from malaria because warmer temps create more mosquitos.

How many more deaths are acceptable before you act on AGW?

Climate Change Is Already Killing Us

Video

Add the deaths from more devastating hurricanes & floodings. More deaths from malaria because warmer temps create more mosquitos.

Just 1, yours.

Then why don't you quit breathing? You are emitting greenhouse gasses you asshole!

What have you done.
I threw a cigarette butt on the ground yesterday and then I smoked my tires at a green light while a Prius was behind me to smell the glorious rubber.

Does that count?

Video

Africa’s Mt. Kilimanjaro has been the poster child for land based melting supposed to be caused by Global Warming. It did loose half of its ice cover between 1880 and 1936 before the major use of fossil fuels and only 30% more in the past 80 years. However the temperature at its peak has not risen at any time during these years above freezing (32 degrees Fahrenheit). The melting has been due to deforestation and the dry air rising to the mountain top causing the ice to turn directly into water vapor a process called sublimation

Video

Malaria deaths are falling dramatically, liar. And 90% of those are still in one location..........Africa. Why does MMGW cause malaria to congregate in one location?

https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream...d=BD584386DD038CF61802A358B11EA32D?sequence=1

What have you done.
I threw a cigarette butt on the ground yesterday and then I smoked my tires at a green light while a Prius was behind me to smell the glorious rubber.

Does that count?
Here is RealDumb in his Prius:

Germany has higher taxation in an effort to force reduction in energy use.

Germany's sky-high taxation has nothing to do with their cost of energy. The average cost per kWh in the US is about $0.12 while in Germany, it has become a luxury at three times our cost, $0.35 per kWh.

Global Warming, Carbon Dioxide and the Solar Minimum
https://off-guardian.org/2019/06/21...rH32_r9U8gYDlWuy5NLngD3iWnpznFkRnK-Vv2_8xLMzn

". . . Before the IPCC formed, NOAA’s Mauna Loa Observatory in Hawaii registered co2 levelsat under 350 ppm (parts per million) with the explicit warning that if co2 exceeded that number, Mother Earth was in Big Trouble – and there would be no turning back for humanity. Those alarm bells continue today as co2 levels have risen to 414 ppm as temperatures peaked in 1998.

From the outset, the IPCC controlled the debate by limiting its charter

"to understanding the scientific basis of risk of human-induced climate change, its potential impacts and options for adaptation and mitigation.”

In other words, before any of the science had been done, the IPCC’s assumption was that man-made activity was responsible and that Nature was not an active participant in a process within its own sphere of interest. As an interdisciplinary topic of multiple diversity, the IPCC is not an authority on all the disciplines of science within the CC domain.

While there is no dispute among scientists that the Sun and its cyclical output is the true external force driving Earth’s energy and climate system as part of a Sun-centered Universe, the IPCC’s exclusion of the Sun from its consideration can only be seen as a deliberate thwarting of a basic fundamental law of science, a process which assures a free inquiry based on reason and evidence.

It is the Sun which all planets of the solar system orbit around, that has the strongest gravitational pull in the solar system, is the heaviest of all celestial bodies and its sunspots in relation to Earth’s temperatures has been known since Galileo began drawing sunspots in 1613.

Yet the IPCC which touts a ‘scientific view of climate change’ would have us believe the Sun is irrelevant and immaterial to the IPCC’s world view and Earth’s climate; hardly a blip on their radar.. . "

The IPCC’s fatal founding flaw
The IPCC’s fatal founding flaw – Quadrant Online

"The media at large and the public that the media influences seem to believe that the IPCC is an international authority on all aspects of climate. This is a popular but false notion. The IPCC is, in fact, no more than a craftily assembled government-supported lobby group, doing what lobby groups usually do.

Its charter gives the game away:

"The role of the IPCC is to assess on a comprehensive, objective, open and transparent basis the scientific, technical and socio-economic information relevant to understanding the scientific basis of risk of human-induced climate change, its potential impacts and options for adaptation and mitigation."

Or, put more simply, the IPCC is to report on the magnitude of man-made climate change and what can be done to reduce its impact, the existence of man-made climate change being assumed from the outset.

The IPCC was established through the urgings of the International Council of Scientific Unions (ICSU) and the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP). The former is a shadowy organisation that conducted scientific projects for UNEP and wrote in-house reports. Given the amount of work it undertook, those reports probably aligned closely with UNEP thinking.

The latter is well known for blaming human activity for every change to the environment — a stance seemingly based on the assumption that the environment never changes naturally and/or that we fully understand every natural force which might make it change. By this logic any and every deviation must be man-made.. . ."

A sensitive matter
The climate may be heating up less in response to greenhouse-gas emissions than was once thought. But that does not mean the problem is going away
A sensitive matter

"OVER the past 15 years air temperatures at the Earth’s surface have been flat while greenhouse-gas emissions have continued to soar. The world added roughly 100 billion tonnes of carbon to the atmosphere between 2000 and 2010. That is about a quarter of all the CO₂ put there by humanity since 1750. And yet, as James Hansen, the head of NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies, observes, “the five-year mean global temperature has been flat for a decade.”

Temperatures fluctuate over short periods, but this lack of new warming is a surprise. Ed Hawkins, of the University of Reading, in Britain, points out that surface temperatures since 2005 are already at the low end of the range of projections derived from 20 climate models (see chart 1). If they remain flat, they will fall outside the models’ range within a few years.. . . "

Forum List

Back