Share The Wealth platform.

So you're saying the regulators don't get bought off on a regular basis? Isn't there kind of a revolving door from law makers to lobbyist to industry insider to regulator.

How the hell can you get what you said out of what I said?????

LOL, trying to out dimwit truthmatters and nycarbineer? You've got a quality entry, but you're going after the best at what they do.

I said YOU don't believe what you said, not that I don't. You say regulators are bought off by the people they regulate. Yet, you endlessly support the party that supports more and more government. Think about it, but try not to hurt yourself. Your solution grows what you say the problem is. Hello, rap rap, anyone there?

Nope, I asked what do you call it when it happens.

You made up the rest all by yourself. True, I don't believe any of the Rabid Right Wing Echo Chamber phony scandal of the last 5+ years, but supporting the statist of the Democratic side of Congress, meh, not so much.

Not sure what you're hallucinating, but my point is simple.

- You said that regulators are being bought off by regulatees.

- You advocate Democrats who want to grow government endlessly.

So think about it. If ... you believed that regulators are in the pocket of the people they are regulating ... then ... why would you advocate more government power? You would be advocating that corrupt regulators be given MORE power to help rather than hinder the people they are regulating.

Clearly, you don't believe that regulators are in the pocket of the regulatees because if you did the last thing you would do is give them more power. Seriously, you don't even get it?

How the hell can you get what you said out of what I said?????

LOL, trying to out dimwit truthmatters and nycarbineer? You've got a quality entry, but you're going after the best at what they do.

I said YOU don't believe what you said, not that I don't. You say regulators are bought off by the people they regulate. Yet, you endlessly support the party that supports more and more government. Think about it, but try not to hurt yourself. Your solution grows what you say the problem is. Hello, rap rap, anyone there?

Nope, I asked what do you call it when it happens.

You made up the rest all by yourself. True, I don't believe any of the Rabid Right Wing Echo Chamber phony scandal of the last 5+ years, but supporting the statist of the Democratic side of Congress, meh, not so much.

Not sure what you're hallucinating, but my point is simple.

- You said that regulators are being bought off by regulatees.

- You advocate Democrats who want to grow government endlessly.

So think about it. If ... you believed that regulators are in the pocket of the people they are regulating ... then ... why would you advocate more government power? You would be advocating that corrupt regulators be given MORE power to help rather than hinder the people they are regulating.

Clearly, you don't believe that regulators are in the pocket of the regulatees because if you did the last thing you would do is give them more power. Seriously, you don't even get it?

The markets still need to be regulated. The solution isn't to throw the baby out with the bathwater because there are instances of problems.

The other way for corporations to fight regulations is to simply pump a lot of money into agitprop that convinces the populace that regulations are harmful.

Cut, fuck and destroy our sciencific infrastructure that is the best on earth and allow our bridges to collapse. Yeah, the tea party is pretty bad.

And what have liberals like you done to improve scientific infrastructure?

Know all that research from the 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's that had to do with airplanes, rockets, fusion, internet(developing it), nws, noaa, computer models, etc.

You really can't be this ignorant of history. You'd weaken America a great deal if you had your way.

You never answered my question.

The National Weather Service was founded in 1870, under Republican Ulysses S. Grant.

NOAA was proposed by Richard Nixon in July of 1970 and formed in October of that year.

That's two major scientific organizations proposed by Republicans. Oh lets not forget the EPA, which was also proposed by Nixon and implemented in December 1970.

It is you who are ignorant of history, Matt. It appears you would weaken America had you your way, not me.

Last edited:
The title of this thread should be "Share the misery platform" The liberal utopia.... Making everyone equally as miserable as they are. Accept of course the political class, they'd be the ones in charge of spreading the misery to us commoners equally:eusa_eh:

The key planks of the Share The Wealth platform included:
No person would be allowed to accumulate a personal net worth of more than 300 times the average family fortune, which would limit personal assets to between $5 million and $8 million. A graduated capital levy tax would be assessed on all persons with a net worth exceeding $1 million.

Annual incomes would be limited to $1 million and inheritances would be capped at $5 million.

Every family was to be furnished with a homestead allowance of not less than one-third the average family wealth of the country. Every family was to be guaranteed an annual family income of at least $2,000 to $2,500, or not less than one-third of the average annual family income in the United States. Yearly income, however, cannot exceed more than 300 times the size of the average family income.

An old-age pension would be made available for all persons over 60.

To balance agricultural production, the government would preserve/store surplus goods, abolishing the practice of destroying surplus food and other necessities due to lack of purchasing power.

Veterans would be paid what they were owed (a pension and healthcare benefits).

Free education and training for all students to have equal opportunities in all schools, colleges, universities, and other institutions for training in the professions and vocations of life.

The raising of revenue and taxes for the support of this program was to come from the reduction of swollen fortunes from the top, as well as for the support of public works to give employment whenever there may be any slackening necessary in private enterprise.[2]

Man I wish Huey Long had not been assassinated. Wonder where the country would have been under him and not Roosevelt...might not have ever even entered ww2.

I think you have the "share" confused with "steal"

You are infringing on my right to a decent life by hoarding wealth/and or supporting a system that encourages the gap between the rich and the poor when you should be supporting the people over the 1% trying to keep everyone down.

Spoken like a true cowardly thug who wishes the government to do his violence for him.

Nah. A gun works just fine...hell if you want to call me a coward I guess you think EVERYONE in government is a coward then eh? Dumb ass.
Well, we certainly know that you are a coward.

If you are in government, then you are a highly dangerous coward.

Spoken like a true cowardly thug who wishes the government to do his violence for him.

Nah. A gun works just fine...hell if you want to call me a coward I guess you think EVERYONE in government is a coward then eh? Dumb ass.

This. If you support government you are a coward but if you work for it then you are just an asshole or really ignorant of reality. You are literally working for the mafia.

No person would be allowed to accumulate a personal net worth of more than 300 times the average family fortune, which would limit personal assets to between $5 million and $8 million. A graduated capital levy tax would be assessed on all persons with a net worth exceeding $1 million.

What do you think of the "Kill the proponents of the Share The Wealth platform."?

Any person who proposes to steal, loot or plunder the wealth of their neighbor will be immediately shot between the eyes.

As radical as this plan is it's actually still better than some of the shit that the tea party loons advocate for.

Cut, fuck and destroy our sciencific infrastructure that is the best on earth and allow our bridges to collapse. Yeah, the tea party is pretty bad.

Currently what the dems are doing, destroying infrastructure and science.

Yup....a stimulus bill was passed just for the infrastructure and it was spent on paying back campaign cronies.

Annual incomes would be limited to $1 million and inheritances would be capped at $5 million.

Every family was to be furnished with a homestead allowance of not less than one-third the average family wealth of the country. Every family was to be guaranteed an annual family income of at least $2,000 to $2,500, or not less than one-third of the average annual family income in the United States. Yearly income, however, cannot exceed more than 300 times the size of the average family income.

An old-age pension would be made available for all persons over 60.

To balance agricultural production, the government would preserve/store surplus goods, abolishing the practice of destroying surplus food and other necessities due to lack of purchasing power.

Veterans would be paid what they were owed (a pension and healthcare benefits).

Free education and training for all students to have equal opportunities in all schools, colleges, universities, and other institutions for training in the professions and vocations of life.

The raising of revenue and taxes for the support of this program was to come from the reduction of swollen fortunes from the top, as well as for the support of public works to give employment whenever there may be any slackening necessary in private enterprise.[2]

Man I wish Huey Long had not been assassinated. Wonder where the country would have been under him and not Roosevelt...might not have ever even entered ww2.

I think you have the "share" confused with "steal"
I know you have citizen confused with slave. That's what we are to our capitalist masters. Everyone deserves to have the same level of living...

No you think you know about me. You know nothing of me. Just another republican in a circle jerk happy with the way things are by keeping the poor poor and the rich getting richer...what's so sad is the ONLY person that wouldn't benefit from this is the 1% and somehow I doubt you are a 1%er.

Capitalism ceases to exist when government force and violence are introduced. Corporations are creations of government don't forget that. We are slaves to government not to capitalism. Capitalism is always a choice, government is not.

No you think you know about me. You know nothing of me. Just another republican in a circle jerk happy with the way things are by keeping the poor poor and the rich getting richer...what's so sad is the ONLY person that wouldn't benefit from this is the 1% and somehow I doubt you are a 1%er.
All I know about you is what you post, which is sheer ignorance, avarice and cowardice.

You want government to confiscate and redistribute wealth because you are too much of a gutless wimp to go out and rob people on your own. That I know for certain.

Still got it wrong. But keep trying. Maybe when you are in my shoes you will understand until then continue to mature.

Capitalism ceases to exist when government force and violence are introduced. Corporations are creations of government don't forget that. We are slaves to government not to capitalism. Capitalism is always a choice, government is not.

Choice is a pretty silly thing to hang your hat on when people will choose all sorts of horrible conditions including slavery given the "right" market conditions. BTW it was not government that owned slaves but people trying to make money. It is the government's job to put an end to things like slavery.

History we can tell where you stand. Pure capitalism allowed to run wild. It would be even worse than it is now as far as rich/poor goes. That I will not stand for.

Forum List

Back