Shocking Footage: Americans Ordered Out Of Homes At Gunpoint By SWAT teams

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_29511&feature=iv&src_vid=2LrbsUVSVl8&v=B_Gb6i5DF9k]Systematic House-to-House Raids in Locked-Down Watertown, Massachusetts - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
What is it with liberals that think it's ok for a cop to come in someone home without a warrant?

It's not a matter of liberal or conservative. It's a matter of the law.

If it is a matter of the law you should be able to fund [sic] all sorts of citations to make your point.

This has been pointed out to you and your fellow hysterics over and over. You choose to ignore it and wallow in emotion.

There are in fact exigent circumstances where no warrant is needed to search your house.

Some of you might be wise to look into that fact.

The fact is that exigent circumstances do not apply when there are 9000 police in a small area.

Where is that written in the law?

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.[

My property is posted. It is illegal for anyone, including law enforcement officers, to come on to my property without a warrant unless they see or hear something that leads them to believe somones safety is in question. I can use what ever force is necessary to protect my property, my home and myself if anyone should trespass.

What the cops did was an unlawful search, criminal trespass and unlawfull detainment. Anyone of them could have been perceived as an armed threat to a homeowner and shot - lawfully with no criminal charges possible against the home owner. Law enforcement cannot suspend the rights of the individual to suit their desire to catch a crook or a terrorist. Unwarranted house to house searches by the Brittish was the exact reason that the fourth amendment was spelled out to protect the privacy and homes of citizens from searches just like that!
I hope the whole bunch of them sue the city for civil rights violations!

There are in fact exigent circumstances where no warrant is needed to search your house.

Some of you might be wise to look into that fact.

Exigent circumstances evaporated when the police hadn't laid eyes on the suspect for more than 7 hours. Exigent circumstances require a reasonable belief that the person being sought would be found in that particular structure, and with out a witness or other evidence indicating exactly that there were no exigent circumstances, especially for hundreds of structures. But hey, feel free to keep making crap up, maybe someone will believe you.

"Exigent Circumstances. This exception refers to emergency situations where the process of getting a valid search warrant could compromise public safety or could lead to a loss of evidence. This encompasses instances of "hot pursuit" in which a suspect is about to escape."

Can the Police Search Your House Without a Warrant? | LegalZoom

When the police hadn't see the subject in more than 7 hours hot pursuit would not apply, for all the knew he had already excaped. They can claim it all they want but it's bull shit.

The police have to have seen or heard something that made them believe that the person they were in pursuit of was in a particular location. A house to house search is blantantly unlawful.

These are our rights!
I am not emotional about it I am dumbfounded that people actually let the police get away with this crud.

"Exigent Circumstances. This exception refers to emergency situations where the process of getting a valid search warrant could compromise public safety or could lead to a loss of evidence. This encompasses instances of "hot pursuit" in which a suspect is about to escape."

When the police hadn't see the subject in more than 7 hours hot pursuit would not apply.

Cite the clause in state or federal law that specifies that.

When the police hadn't see the subject in more than 7 hours hot pursuit would not apply.

Cite the clause in state or federal law that specifies that.
In north Carolina there is no time limit. If you lose sight you are no longer in hot pursuit.

Forum List

Back