Shocking Footage: Americans Ordered Out Of Homes At Gunpoint By SWAT teams

I have to side with the owner of the house. If the cops want to enter, they need a search warrant.

Not per the exigent circumstances exception, which was clearly in play during the search; there’s no way to reasonably expect law enforcement to obtain a warrant under such conditions.

Moreover, law enforcement wasn’t requesting to enter the home to search for incriminating evidence against the homeowner, but to search for the suspect.

Last, any property owner who believes his civil liberties were violated is free to file suit in court.

Exigent circumstances expired within an hour of the kid giving the police the slip when he left the hijacked SUV. Without a blood hound tracking a scent to a particular structure the police would need a warrant to enter an occupied structure and forcibly remove the occupants. I sincerely hope some one does sue and force a court decision on this abuse of power.

I wonder what the reaction would have been if Obama, sitting up in bed watching the whole thing on TV live while eating crisps, had called off the hunt for the suspects because they didn't have a warrant...or a bloodhound?

Not per the exigent circumstances exception, which was clearly in play during the search; there’s no way to reasonably expect law enforcement to obtain a warrant under such conditions.

Moreover, law enforcement wasn’t requesting to enter the home to search for incriminating evidence against the homeowner, but to search for the suspect.

Last, any property owner who believes his civil liberties were violated is free to file suit in court.

Exigent circumstances expired within an hour of the kid giving the police the slip when he left the hijacked SUV. Without a blood hound tracking a scent to a particular structure the police would need a warrant to enter an occupied structure and forcibly remove the occupants. I sincerely hope some one does sue and force a court decision on this abuse of power.

I wonder what the reaction would have been if Obama, sitting up in bed watching the whole thing on TV live while eating crisps, had called off the hunt for the suspects because they didn't have a warrant...or a bloodhound?

An aware citizen caught the kid, not the police manhunt. That alone should show you how wrong they were.

In a time of domestic terrorism, when its actually happening, a cop telling you to get the fuck out of the house, we are trying to kill a fucking bomber...well, I have to side with the cops.

OH AND FUCK ALEX JONES. He is sickening.

I have to side with the owner of the house. If the cops want to enter, they need a search warrant.

Do you expect the cops to wait to get 5000 warrants to search a neighborhood while a terrorist is on the loose?

In a word, yes.

Do you expect the cops to wait to get 5000 warrants to search a neighborhood while a terrorist is on the loose?

I expect them to follow the law. If they enter without a search warrant, unless the homeowner allows them in, they're breaking the law.

Do you not understand how that attitude can be counterproductive in terms of providing public safety?

We're talking about a terrorist, not someone engaged in ordinary criminal activity. Catching him as quickly as possible is in the best interest in every citizen around the country.

Tough fucking shit.

The police put 1 million people in lock down just because they were unwilling to do their jobs properly.

I wonder how long that little bastard would have remained hidden if there were no cops, but law abiding citizens had the freedom to own guns and were able to safely search their own property.

First off, they are allowed to own guns. What country are you talking about. Secondly, no cops and all the citizens armed and looking for one man is a great idea. Nothing could possible go.wrong.

Wow.

As it turned out, NEITHER scenario was necessary. The punk was outside the perimeter.

Clearly, neither having an armed state force or an armed mob roaming the streets is a very good idea. They ought to have treated it as they would any other criminal case, because there is a reason they treat other criminal cases that way; The law.

Bingo.

That is the fault with the government position, they tell us the only way the terrorists win is if we are afraid, then they tell us to hide in our house. They tell us this our courts can handle this because this guy is just another criminal, then they send out thousands of armed men in military gear to look for him.

They cannot have it both ways.

In a time of domestic terrorism, when its actually happening, a cop telling you to get the fuck out of the house, we are trying to kill a fucking bomber...well, I have to side with the cops.

Not under those circumstances at that moment they don't.

If that is true you should be able to explain why.

Care to cite the exception to the 4th Amendment that is in the Constitution?

I said it that day and I will say it again.

If anyone entered a house without a warrant for that house or without the permission of the owner/resident, they broke the law and should be prosecuted.

They should be shot by the homeowner.

An aware citizen caught the kid, not the police manhunt. That alone should show you how wrong they were.

Without the police manhunt, the kid wouldn't have had to run, or hide.
No citizens would have been looking out for him.

Should the cops have been called off after an hour...after the shootouts and the vehicle chases and the bombs thrown in the street?

Why would it be impossible? I'm not saying it is a fake, but your source is shit. BTW you might find this useful. Than vs. then - Grammarist

Then, than, I gave up trying to learn the difference a long time ago. Guess I will just have to live with being grammatically illiterate.

A picture could be faked easily but a video? Seems unlikely regardless of the source.

:clap2:

Thats what I was just thinking: "Hmmm. There is a terrorist bomber hiding in the neighborhood. The SWAT team is telling everyone to exit their homes, so when they go IN the home looking for the murderous terrorist bastard, that there aren't any innocent people that could get hurt."

Yeah, I side with the cops, as usual. Makes perfect sense that if a bad dude is hiding somewhere, possibly in a house, to ask the innocent people to LEAVE that area. Very basic common sense.

And they say they did that as they found out the guy was outside the perimeter? Well, THAT guy maybe. Did he have a 3rd or 4th person helping him? Did he leave an active bomb? Was the intell WRONG, and he was in fact NOT outside the perimeter????

Either way, asking people to leave the home before SWAT goes in is......well, really common sense stuff.

Exigent circumstances applies when police believe that the people in the building are in imminent danger, that the people in the building will destroy evidence, or when they have reason to believe that a fugitive is inside the building and will escape if they do not get a warrant. Care to explain, in detail with case citations, how exigent circumstances allows police to force people out of their homes when they ask for a warrant, there is no possibility that there is any evidence being destroyed, and they can surround the house to make sure no one can escape? Or are you simply going to pretend you are smarter than everyone else?

Any cop that suspects someone is hiding in my house is free to get a fucking warrant.

If anyone entered a house without a warrant for that house or without the permission of the owner/resident, they broke the law and should be prosecuted.

Did you really just advocate murdering cops who went into the homes looking for the 2nd bomber? REALLY????

BTW, for you Constitutional radicals..........the 4th amendment rulings does absolutely allow a warrantless entry into a home under "exigent circumstances".

- Imminent danger to the public
- Hot pursuit

Both of those are legal reasons for a warrantless entry. Both existed for the hunt for the 2nd bomber.

Probably the more correct process would be for the cops to let the bombers go so that they don't run the risk of hurting anyone's feelings or stepping on their rights without a ruling from the Supreme Court?

I wonder why you think Obama has the balls to do something like that.

Exigent circumstances applies when police believe that the people in the building are in imminent danger, that the people in the building will destroy evidence, or when they have reason to believe that a fugitive is inside the building and will escape if they do not get a warrant. Care to explain, in detail with case citations, how exigent circumstances allows police to force people out of their homes when they ask for a warrant, there is no possibility that there is any evidence being destroyed, and they can surround the house to make sure no one can escape? Or are you simply going to pretend you are smarter than everyone else?

Any cop that suspects someone is hiding in my house is free to get a fucking warrant.

Wow, not even a week after the heroics of the cops, you right wing bastards are in full cop-hate mode again.

If cops show up at your home, without a warrant, and they have reason to believe a suspected terrorist or dangerous criminal is inside, and you refuse to step aside and demand a warrant...........prepare to go to jail for interference. Because you will.

Let the cop hate flow, right?

Should the cops have been called off after an hour...after the shootouts and the vehicle chases and the bombs thrown in the street?

If the police could shoot straight he wouldn't have gotten away after they stopped him. LAPD might do a lot of lot of things wrong, but they would have had helicopters overhead the whole time, and he would not have been able to ditch the SUV without someone watching. One would think that BPD, the State Police, the FBI, ATF, and the National Guard would have been able to find one helicopter to reinforce the roadblock, thus eliminating the need to violate people's rights.

Did you really just advocate murdering cops who went into the homes looking for the 2nd bomber? REALLY????

BTW, for you Constitutional radicals..........the 4th amendment rulings does absolutely allow a warrantless entry into a home under "exigent circumstances".

- Imminent danger to the public
- Hot pursuit

Both of those are legal reasons for a warrantless entry. Both existed for the hunt for the 2nd bomber.

No, I advocated shooting people who were burglarizing houses. The fact that they happened to be wearing a common style of dress does not make them breaking the law any more legitimate.

I wonder why you think Obama has the balls to do something like that.

He's done it once already, as we all know.

Probably the more correct process would be for the cops to let the bombers go so that they don't run the risk of hurting anyone's feelings or stepping on their rights without a ruling from the Supreme Court?

You got something right, even if you were trying to be sarcastic.

Wow, not even a week after the heroics of the cops, you right wing bastards are in full cop-hate mode again.

If cops show up at your home, without a warrant, and they have reason to believe a suspected terrorist or dangerous criminal is inside, and you refuse to step aside and demand a warrant...........prepare to go to jail for interference. Because you will.

Let the cop hate flow, right?

I am a freedom bastard, you would give them tanks and let them kill everyone who happened to be in front of them.

If the police could shoot straight he wouldn't have gotten away after they stopped him. LAPD might do a lot of lot of things wrong, but they would have had helicopters overhead the whole time, and he would not have been able to ditch the SUV without someone watching. One would think that BPD, the State Police, the FBI, ATF, and the National Guard would have been able to find one helicopter to reinforce the roadblock, thus eliminating the need to violate people's rights.

Hey shithead, a cop died, another is in critical. It was a gunfight, something you'd know NOTHING about. Civilians are EVERYWHERE in a police shootout. They cant just "spray and pray". They cant just whip out military SAW rifles and mow down the guy. Every shot must be accounted for. Not to mention it was dark. I'd say you would never be able to hit a shot like that............but you wouldnt have the balls to strap a gun and vest on in the first place, so nevermind that.

A helicopter costs a lot of money and fuel (budget cuts, remember) they dont just fly around randomly. When the heroic MIT cop was shot, the chase unfolded very rapidly, like all police emergencies do. You dont just get choppers up instantly. You gotta call the pilot, get it started, etc, etc. By the time 1 helo was up, the shootout was over and the guy was on foot in a dense urban area.

People like you disgust me.

Forum List

Back