Shocking Footage: Americans Ordered Out Of Homes At Gunpoint By SWAT teams

I wonder what the reaction would have been if Obama, sitting up in bed watching the whole thing on TV live while eating crisps, had called off the hunt for the suspects because they didn't have a warrant...or a bloodhound?

I wonder why you think Obama has the balls to do something like that.

He's done it once already, as we all know.

He called off a hunt for someone because it violated the Constitution? When?

Exigent circumstances applies when police believe that the people in the building are in imminent danger, that the people in the building will destroy evidence, or when they have reason to believe that a fugitive is inside the building and will escape if they do not get a warrant. Care to explain, in detail with case citations, how exigent circumstances allows police to force people out of their homes when they ask for a warrant, there is no possibility that there is any evidence being destroyed, and they can surround the house to make sure no one can escape? Or are you simply going to pretend you are smarter than everyone else?

Any cop that suspects someone is hiding in my house is free to get a fucking warrant.

Wow, not even a week after the heroics of the cops, you right wing bastards are in full cop-hate mode again.

If cops show up at your home, without a warrant, and they have reason to believe a suspected terrorist or dangerous criminal is inside, and you refuse to step aside and demand a warrant...........prepare to go to jail for interference. Because you will.

Let the cop hate flow, right?

I am a freedom bastard, you would give them tanks and let them kill everyone who happened to be in front of them.

You would harbor a terrorist, and interfere with the cops doing their job to find the terrorists, all out of some radical Tea Party idea that its your duty to fight the cops.

And BTW, you are dead wrong. Exigent circumstances under hot pursuit, or with a person who has an active warrant, WOULD allow cops to enter your home w/o warrant if they had reason to believe he may be in there.

I wonder what the reaction would have been if Obama, sitting up in bed watching the whole thing on TV live while eating crisps, had called off the hunt for the suspects because they didn't have a warrant...or a bloodhound?

An aware citizen caught the kid, not the police manhunt. That alone should show you how wrong they were.

Without the police manhunt, the kid wouldn't have had to run, or hide.
No citizens would have been looking out for him.

Should the cops have been called off after an hour...after the shootouts and the vehicle chases and the bombs thrown in the street?

The police clearly over estimated their ability to secure an area, the kid made it outside their perimeter. I did not say there shouldn't have been a police presence but the house to house searches were not warranted without additional information. And the city lock down was pure BS, but hopefully that was a lesson learned.

Should the cops have been called off after an hour...after the shootouts and the vehicle chases and the bombs thrown in the street?

If the police could shoot straight he wouldn't have gotten away after they stopped him. LAPD might do a lot of lot of things wrong, but they would have had helicopters overhead the whole time, and he would not have been able to ditch the SUV without someone watching. One would think that BPD, the State Police, the FBI, ATF, and the National Guard would have been able to find one helicopter to reinforce the roadblock, thus eliminating the need to violate people's rights.

Hey shithead, a cop died, another is in critical. It was a gunfight, something you'd know NOTHING about. Civilians are EVERYWHERE in a police shootout. They cant just "spray and pray". They cant just whip out military SAW rifles and mow down the guy. Every shot must be accounted for. Not to mention it was dark. I'd say you would never be able to hit a shot like that............but you wouldnt have the balls to strap a gun and vest on in the first place, so nevermind that.

A helicopter costs a lot of money and fuel (budget cuts, remember) they dont just fly around randomly. When the heroic MIT cop was shot, the chase unfolded very rapidly, like all police emergencies do. You dont just get choppers up instantly. You gotta call the pilot, get it started, etc, etc. By the time 1 helo was up, the shootout was over and the guy was on foot in a dense urban area.

People like you disgust me.

The cop that died was not in the gunfight.

They used a helicopter to verify the guy was in the boat, but they couldn't afford one to make sure he couldn't get away? Want to try that one again?

An aware citizen caught the kid, not the police manhunt. That alone should show you how wrong they were.

The police clearly over estimated their ability to secure an area, the kid made it outside their perimeter. I did not say there shouldn't have been a police presence but the house to house searches were not warranted without additional information. And the city lock down was pure BS, but hopefully that was a lesson learned.

The Monday Morning Cop-Quarterbacks are out in full force.

This was one of the 10 worst attacks on US soil in our history. 9-11, Pearl Harbor, Fort Hood. I allow for a few others, just out of caution. But this was one of the worst.

And one suspect was loose, in a dense urban area.

WTF did you expect them to do? Put a massive bubble over the city and just wait til the guy comes out? SWAT work is often dirty, chaotic, and a lot of times very slow and time consuming. House to house is the only way.

HEY....didnt the military go "house to house" overseas looking for Saddam and Bin Laden?????????????????????? Those military idiots, they dont know how to search for a man either do they OKTex??

Wow, not even a week after the heroics of the cops, you right wing bastards are in full cop-hate mode again.

If cops show up at your home, without a warrant, and they have reason to believe a suspected terrorist or dangerous criminal is inside, and you refuse to step aside and demand a warrant...........prepare to go to jail for interference. Because you will.

I am a freedom bastard, you would give them tanks and let them kill everyone who happened to be in front of them.

You would harbor a terrorist, and interfere with the cops doing their job to find the terrorists, all out of some radical Tea Party idea that its your duty to fight the cops.

And BTW, you are dead wrong. Exigent circumstances under hot pursuit, or with a person who has an active warrant, WOULD allow cops to enter your home w/o warrant if they had reason to believe he may be in there.

I would shoot the terrorist, then have the cops come pick up the body.

Did you see the part where I discussed the fact that they could have surrounded the house? The only way it would be hot pursuit is if they were actually chasing the scumbag and saw him go into the house.

Not per the exigent circumstances exception, which was clearly in play during the search; there’s no way to reasonably expect law enforcement to obtain a warrant under such conditions.

Moreover, law enforcement wasn’t requesting to enter the home to search for incriminating evidence against the homeowner, but to search for the suspect.

Last, any property owner who believes his civil liberties were violated is free to file suit in court.

Exigent circumstances applies when police believe that the people in the building are in imminent danger, that the people in the building will destroy evidence, or when they have reason to believe that a fugitive is inside the building and will escape if they do not get a warrant. Care to explain, in detail with case citations, how exigent circumstances allows police to force people out of their homes when they ask for a warrant, there is no possibility that there is any evidence being destroyed, and they can surround the house to make sure no one can escape? Or are you simply going to pretend you are smarter than everyone else?

Any cop that suspects someone is hiding in my house is free to get a fucking warrant.

What you have so far failed to demonstrate is that illusive reason to believe. They couldn't have had a justifiable reason for every house without a witness or other evidence.

If the police could shoot straight he wouldn't have gotten away after they stopped him. LAPD might do a lot of lot of things wrong, but they would have had helicopters overhead the whole time, and he would not have been able to ditch the SUV without someone watching. One would think that BPD, the State Police, the FBI, ATF, and the National Guard would have been able to find one helicopter to reinforce the roadblock, thus eliminating the need to violate people's rights.

Hey shithead, a cop died, another is in critical. It was a gunfight, something you'd know NOTHING about. Civilians are EVERYWHERE in a police shootout. They cant just "spray and pray". They cant just whip out military SAW rifles and mow down the guy. Every shot must be accounted for. Not to mention it was dark. I'd say you would never be able to hit a shot like that............but you wouldnt have the balls to strap a gun and vest on in the first place, so nevermind that.

A helicopter costs a lot of money and fuel (budget cuts, remember) they dont just fly around randomly. When the heroic MIT cop was shot, the chase unfolded very rapidly, like all police emergencies do. You dont just get choppers up instantly. You gotta call the pilot, get it started, etc, etc. By the time 1 helo was up, the shootout was over and the guy was on foot in a dense urban area.

They used a helicopter to verify the guy was in the boat, but they couldn't afford one to make sure he couldn't get away? Want to try that one again?

Sure d-bag, I'll try again.

The cop died from a gunshot. That, in my definition, is a "gun fight", is it not?
The chase came immediately after the cop died, when they stole a car and fled.
The chase unfolded very quickly, like all police chases do.
It was in an urbanized area, and came to a quick end, NOT like the California ones that go for mile and miles on open freeway. That is where your stupidity kicks in.

They got the helicopter there after he was in the boat. Meaning....hours after. When they had time.

They didnt have a copter when the rapidly unfolding chase happened, and when he fled in the night into the dense, urban area.

You have no fucking clue how police work actually works. I know that 100% for sure, so Im kinda wasting my time debating it with you. But....whats the fun in not doing it?

What you have so far failed to demonstrate is that illusive reason to believe. They couldn't have had a justifiable reason for every house without a witness or other evidence.

Sure they do. Consent for one. I bet 99% of people CONSENTED to letting the SWAT team in, or would have if asked. See, most people are ignorant, radical rednecks like you and windbag.

Second, the imminent danger exception applies. There were hundreds of homes. To get hundreds of individual warrants would take DAYS to just type, much less get signed. You idiots have never actually typed a search warrant. They take over an hour each, then have to be signed by a judge.

Would you have agreed if the cops said "Folks we'll need about 36 hours to get 547 search warrants typed for this neighborhood. So.....just be patient, and hope you dont get blown up or shot by the terrorist that is loose."

Why do I waste time with such dumbass motherfuckers?

Did you see the part where I discussed the fact that they could have surrounded the house? The only way it would be hot pursuit is if they were actually chasing the scumbag and saw him go into the house.

No, it doesnt. You do not need constant visual of a suspect to consider it "hot pursuit". You only need reasonable belief that he could have fled into that building. And, see the "imminent danger" response I made to OKTexas. Not to mention the CONSENT part..........see, 99% of those residents would have consented. Only radical rednecks like you would've been the cop hater type who would have acted like a dumbass.

The cop died from a gunshot. That, in my definition, is a "gun fight", is it not?
It was in an urbanized area, and came to a quick end, NOT like the California ones that go for mile and miles on open freeway. That is where your stupidity kicks in.

They got the helicopter there after he was in the boat. Meaning....hours after. When they had time.

They didnt have a copter when the rapidly unfolding chase happened, and when he fled in the night into the dense, urban area.

You have no fucking clue how police work actually works. I know that 100% for sure, so Im kinda wasting my time debating it with you. But....whats the fun in not doing it?

According to the police the cop that died was assassinated. He apparently never knew they were there, never drew his weapon, and never fired it. So, no, I would not call that a gunfight.

They had the FBI HRT in the area, they have their own helicopters. They had the National Guard there before thy identified the suspects, they have helicopters. Boston PD has helicopters.

Give it up dude, you can't argue they did not have a helicopter.

No, it doesnt. You do not need constant visual of a suspect to consider it "hot pursuit". You only need reasonable belief that he could have fled into that building. And, see the "imminent danger" response I made to OKTexas. Not to mention the CONSENT part..........see, 99% of those residents would have consented. Only radical rednecks like you would've been the cop hater type who would have acted like a dumbass.

Did I say anything about constant visuals?

Didn't think so.

I covered every single way exigent circumstances applies to criminal searches, and proved that none of them are applicable. Until you actually deal with what I said, fuck off.

As for consent, the guy in the video specifically refused to consent, so they needed a warrant.

Last edited:

It would have been a good look if he'd simply escaped on a Greyhound.

In a time of domestic terrorism, when its actually happening, a cop telling you to get the fuck out of the house, we are trying to kill a fucking bomber...well, I have to side with the cops.

OH AND FUCK ALEX JONES. He is sickening.

I have to side with the owner of the house. If the cops want to enter, they need a search warrant.

Not per the exigent circumstances exception, which was clearly in play during the search; there’s no way to reasonably expect law enforcement to obtain a warrant under such conditions.

Moreover, law enforcement wasn’t requesting to enter the home to search for incriminating evidence against the homeowner, but to search for the suspect.

Last, any property owner who believes his civil liberties were violated is free to file suit in court.

Exigent Circumstances applys only when the police KNOW there is someone in danger in the building. Nice try, but get it right.

According to the police the cop that died was assassinated. He apparently never knew they were there, never drew his weapon, and never fired it. So, no, I would not call that a gunfight.

They had the FBI HRT in the area, they have their own helicopters. They had the National Guard there before thy identified the suspects, they have helicopters. Boston PD has helicopters.

Give it up dude, you can't argue they did not have a helicopter.

So a sucker punch that results in a KO is not a fight? Sure it is. BUT, you just hurt your own argument about the helicopter. If the cop was shot and killed, without knowing he was about to be shot, he couldnt have used his radio. So....the chase happened and they had even LESS time to activate a helo pilot.

I never said they didnt have helicopters. I said they werent already in the air. It was night. They had no idea where the suspects were. They could've been in Montana for all they knew. The MIT cop.....by your own admission...was ambushed and didnt have time to call it in. They hijacked a car, then got into the chase. The report of the stolen vehicle, then the cops seeing the vehicle, chasing it, shooting it out, and the guy fleeing.........all happened in about the amount of time it would've taken for the chopper pilots to be notified, dressed, and start pre-flight checks.

You have no clue what you're talking about. You've never worked one single shift of police work. You dont know how it works. You dont know the logistics of it. Keep watching and being Captain Hindsight. Meanwhile.....The real men will keep doing the real work.

I have to side with the owner of the house. If the cops want to enter, they need a search warrant.

Exigent Circumstances applys only when the police KNOW there is someone in danger in the building. Nice try, but get it right.

WRONG. They only need reasonable belief. They dont need 100% proof. You are 100% wrong on that. I've taken my argument to criminal court in real cases with reasonable belief as the reason for entering a home without a warrant for locating a suspect.

They KNEW he was in that general area. They KNEW he had.......a fucking BOMB. Right? Weapons of Mass Destruction? The most wanted terrorist in the WORLD at the time, right? And you want them to hit the "pause" button, and type up about 1,000 search warrants, which would take days?

You just showed why the REAL MEN carry guns and do the dirty work of the world. While men like you talk about it, watch it on TV, then talk shit about what they shoulda done and all the mistakes they made. While deep down, you know the girl sitting next to you knows you aren't half the man that those men on TV are, or those men fighting overseas are.

The Monday Morning Cop-Quarterbacks are out in full force.

This was one of the 10 worst attacks on US soil in our history. 9-11, Pearl Harbor, Fort Hood. I allow for a few others, just out of caution. But this was one of the worst.

And one suspect was loose, in a dense urban area.

WTF did you expect them to do? Put a massive bubble over the city and just wait til the guy comes out? SWAT work is often dirty, chaotic, and a lot of times very slow and time consuming. House to house is the only way.

HEY....didnt the military go "house to house" overseas looking for Saddam and Bin Laden?????????????????????? Those military idiots, they dont know how to search for a man either do they OKTex??

Yep, I know SWAT is often dirty and chaotic, that's exactly why I think they should be outlawed except for the rare and extreme circumstances and specifically authorized by a judge. Once the kid was out of sight of the police by more than an hour much less the 7 to 8 hours when this video was taken, SWAT should have been out of the picture until the suspect was located. I guess you don't think the police were putting the family in the video in danger, but you would be very wrong. How good are you at running down stairs with your hand over your head? At the very least the people should have been cleared in the house and allowed to walk out normally, using the hand rails for their safety. Come on hero, tell me how wrong I am, but be specific.

Forum List

Back