Shocking Footage: Americans Ordered Out Of Homes At Gunpoint By SWAT teams

Wow, not even a week after the heroics of the cops, you right wing bastards are in full cop-hate mode again.

If cops show up at your home, without a warrant, and they have reason to believe a suspected terrorist or dangerous criminal is inside, and you refuse to step aside and demand a warrant...........prepare to go to jail for interference. Because you will.

Let the cop hate flow, right?

What you have so far failed to demonstrate is that illusive reason to believe. They couldn't have had a justifiable reason for every house without a witness or other evidence.

Sure they do. Consent for one. I bet 99% of people CONSENTED to letting the SWAT team in, or would have if asked. See, most people are ignorant, radical rednecks like you and windbag.

Second, the imminent danger exception applies. There were hundreds of homes. To get hundreds of individual warrants would take DAYS to just type, much less get signed. You idiots have never actually typed a search warrant. They take over an hour each, then have to be signed by a judge.

Would you have agreed if the cops said "Folks we'll need about 36 hours to get 547 search warrants typed for this neighborhood. So.....just be patient, and hope you dont get blown up or shot by the terrorist that is loose."

Why do I waste time with such dumbass motherfuckers?

All that noise and name calling and still no reason to believe, why because it didn't exist.

Not per the exigent circumstances exception, which was clearly in play during the search; there’s no way to reasonably expect law enforcement to obtain a warrant under such conditions.

Moreover, law enforcement wasn’t requesting to enter the home to search for incriminating evidence against the homeowner, but to search for the suspect.

Last, any property owner who believes his civil liberties were violated is free to file suit in court.

Exigent Circumstances applys only when the police KNOW there is someone in danger in the building. Nice try, but get it right.

WRONG. They only need reasonable belief. They dont need 100% proof. You are 100% wrong on that. I've taken my argument to criminal court in real cases with reasonable belief as the reason for entering a home without a warrant for locating a suspect.

They KNEW he was in that general area. They KNEW he had.......a fucking BOMB. Right? Weapons of Mass Destruction? The most wanted terrorist in the WORLD at the time, right? And you want them to hit the "pause" button, and type up about 1,000 search warrants, which would take days?

You just showed why the REAL MEN carry guns and do the dirty work of the world. While men like you talk about it, watch it on TV, then talk shit about what they shoulda done and all the mistakes they made. While deep down, you know the girl sitting next to you knows you aren't half the man that those men on TV are, or those men fighting overseas are.

Reasonable belief eh?

Did they have reasonable belief that ONE perp was in EVERY house in a 20 block radius?

Moron

Exigent Circumstances applys only when the police KNOW there is someone in danger in the building. Nice try, but get it right.

WRONG. They only need reasonable belief. They dont need 100% proof. You are 100% wrong on that. I've taken my argument to criminal court in real cases with reasonable belief as the reason for entering a home without a warrant for locating a suspect.

They KNEW he was in that general area. They KNEW he had.......a fucking BOMB. Right? Weapons of Mass Destruction? The most wanted terrorist in the WORLD at the time, right? And you want them to hit the "pause" button, and type up about 1,000 search warrants, which would take days?

You just showed why the REAL MEN carry guns and do the dirty work of the world. While men like you talk about it, watch it on TV, then talk shit about what they shoulda done and all the mistakes they made. While deep down, you know the girl sitting next to you knows you aren't half the man that those men on TV are, or those men fighting overseas are.

Reasonable belief eh?

Did they have reasonable belief that ONE perp was in EVERY house in a 20 block radius?

Moron

Interesting.
So the alternative was to mill around in the street, throw their hands in the air, scratch their arses and go "Oh well" and bugger off home?

Reasonable belief eh?

Moron

Interesting.
So the alternative was to mill around in the street, throw their hands in the air, scratch their arses and go "Oh well" and bugger off home?

I gave my response earlier and it was far more sensible than his idiotic respons I just quoted.

Not per the exigent circumstances exception, which was clearly in play during the search; there’s no way to reasonably expect law enforcement to obtain a warrant under such conditions.

Moreover, law enforcement wasn’t requesting to enter the home to search for incriminating evidence against the homeowner, but to search for the suspect.

Last, any property owner who believes his civil liberties were violated is free to file suit in court.

That is crossing the line. You have every right to disagree, even as fervently as you have done, but it is not right to bring his family into it. That was a low blow if I ever did see one. This is indeed a touchy subject, but we must all check our emotions at the door.

Personally I agree that people's constitutional rights still matter in this circumstance, but then again, how were they to apprehend him? You sit there typing up thousands of warrants, while the terrorist re-assimilates? Time was of the essence! Should we have left him to run free causing fear and panic thought Boston and outlying areas? But once again, how were we supposed to catch him?

The Emergency Exception

Cops are allowed to invoke this clause when they fear that their safety, or the safety of the public may be in real or imminent danger. If you have an armed terrorist running around a residential neighborhood, do you really want to sit there and take the time to type up a warrant for each and every citizen of Watertown?

In exigent circumstances, or emergency situations, police can conduct warrantless searches to protect public safety. This exception to the Fourth Amendment’s probable cause requirement normally addresses situations of “hot pursuit,” in which an escaping suspect is tracked to a private home. But it might also apply to the events unfolding in Boston if further harm or injury might be supposed to occur in the time it takes to secure a warrant. A bomber believed to be armed and planning more violence would almost certainly meet such prerequisites.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...ertown_door_to_door_search_by_police_for.html

Exigent circumstances apply to public safety, not just to those who reside in one building or another. Furthermore, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit in United States v. Rengifo indicated that “exigent circumstances occur when a reasonable officer could believe that to delay acting to obtain a warrant would, in all likelihood, permanently frustrate an important police objective, such as to prevent the destruction of evidence relating to criminal activity or to secure an arrest before a suspect can commit further serious harm.” So what the cops did was within the bounds of the law. There should be no more discussion on it. I side with the cops here.

See U.S. v Rengifo here: http://www.leagle.com/xmlResult.asp...542.xml&docbase=CSLWAR2-1986-2006&SizeDisp=7 Click page 4.

Last edited:
I don't know who Alex Jones is I merely linked to the site.

That was your first mistake. And why would you link to something blindly without doing any kind of verification on your own? Oh that's right we're on the internets.

So is there any proof of whether the cops asked homeowners' permission before barging into houses? I've seen both things said on the internet. I'm fully prepared to get enraged about this but I want to have all the information before doing so.

Considering the source, I wouldn't be surprised if the video is a fake.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2LrbsUVSVl8]Police perform house-to-house raids in Watertown MA ripping innocent families from their homes - YouTube[/ame]

I expect them to follow the law. If they enter without a search warrant, unless the homeowner allows them in, they're breaking the law.

Do you not understand how that attitude can be counterproductive in terms of providing public safety?

We're talking about a terrorist, not someone engaged in ordinary criminal activity. Catching him as quickly as possible is in the best interest in every citizen around the country.

I understand that but what does law enforcement entering people's houses have to do with this. Do terrorists go house to house when they are on the run?

This guy was found in the backyard of a private house.

And this was after they carjacked a private vehicle.

I would agree that having private citizens at gun point is much to much.

Do you not understand how that attitude can be counterproductive in terms of providing public safety?

We're talking about a terrorist, not someone engaged in ordinary criminal activity. Catching him as quickly as possible is in the best interest in every citizen around the country.

I understand that but what does law enforcement entering people's houses have to do with this. Do terrorists go house to house when they are on the run?

This guy was found in the backyard of a private house.

And this was after they carjacked a private vehicle.

I would agree that having private citizens at gun point is much to much.

Yes, it should have been dealt with privately.

Someone posted yesterday about the police forcing people out of their homes, well here is the proof they were right? BTW as we found out the second bomber was outside the parameter.

» Shocking Footage: Americans Ordered Out Of Homes At Gunpoint By SWAT teams Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Did you hear that police swat guy screaming at the young boy hands up! The boy throws his hands up in air behind his head as if he is under arrest? What the heck is going on? How dare they speak to american civilians this way! We are the ones that pay their checks! They have some nerve! - Jeremiah

Considering the source, I wouldn't be surprised if the video is a fake.

Other than it seemingly impossible to fake you could be right.

Alex Jones | Cracked.com

83016_v1.jpg

What I don't like is the tone of their voices and their attitudes. That is someones home. Who in the heck do they think they are? Someone needs a revision in the training manual because the current one isn't getting it.

Let's not attack Alex Jones here. We are all adults and this is getting really old. Alex Jones is putting out a video of actual footage that americans need to see. Keep attacking him and people are going to wonder just exactly who you are trying to cover for. That is what it is coming down to now. Because the mainstream media refuses to report the real news such as this story!

What I don't like is the tone of their voices and their attitudes. That is someones home. Who in the heck do they think they are? Someone needs a revision in the training manual because the current one isn't getting it.

I think you are well intended. But you are so simple minded you are just funny.
haha_smilie.gif

Let's not attack Alex Jones here. We are all adults and this is getting really old. Alex Jones is putting out a video of actual footage that americans need to see. Keep attacking him and people are going to wonder just exactly who you are trying to cover for. That is what it is coming down to now. Because the mainstream media refuses to report the real news such as this story!

It's unfortunate that Jones's name has a way of tainting things. I would advise people to watch the video on Youtube, and to see the related links (which include similar but somewhat less jackbooted tactics) and to make their judgement based on this available evidence and not Jones.

Forum List

Back