Shocking Footage: Americans Ordered Out Of Homes At Gunpoint By SWAT teams

Not per the exigent circumstances exception, which was clearly in play during the search; there’s no way to reasonably expect law enforcement to obtain a warrant under such conditions.

Moreover, law enforcement wasn’t requesting to enter the home to search for incriminating evidence against the homeowner, but to search for the suspect.

Last, any property owner who believes his civil liberties were violated is free to file suit in court.

Exigent circumstances expired within an hour of the kid giving the police the slip when he left the hijacked SUV. Without a blood hound tracking a scent to a particular structure the police would need a warrant to enter an occupied structure and forcibly remove the occupants. I sincerely hope some one does sue and force a court decision on this abuse of power.

I wonder what the reaction would have been if Obama, sitting up in bed watching the whole thing on TV live while eating crisps, had called off the hunt for the suspects because they didn't have a warrant...or a bloodhound?

It wasn't his investigation to call off but I'm sure that he would inject himself into affairs that didn't pertain to him such as when he accused police officers of acting stupidly for arresting a professor.

So much for "Serve and Protect". I'm sure one of those officers will show the residents of that house the search warrant that
allows the officers to enter the premises.

APTOPIX_POLICE_CONVERGE_MAS2_zps4a1c33de.jpg

Last edited:
An aware citizen caught the kid, not the police manhunt. That alone should show you how wrong they were.

Without the police manhunt, the kid wouldn't have had to run, or hide.
No citizens would have been looking out for him.

Should the cops have been called off after an hour...after the shootouts and the vehicle chases and the bombs thrown in the street?

If the police could shoot straight he wouldn't have gotten away after they stopped him. LAPD might do a lot of lot of things wrong, but they would have had helicopters overhead the whole time, and he would not have been able to ditch the SUV without someone watching. One would think that BPD, the State Police, the FBI, ATF, and the National Guard would have been able to find one helicopter to reinforce the roadblock, thus eliminating the need to violate people's rights.

Thats a very good point.
I'm still trying to figure out a scenario in which terrorist one is in cuffs and surrounded by cops and terrorist two is able to get in a vehicle and run terrorist one down and get away.
How the F does that happen?

Without the police manhunt, the kid wouldn't have had to run, or hide.
No citizens would have been looking out for him.

Should the cops have been called off after an hour...after the shootouts and the vehicle chases and the bombs thrown in the street?

If the police could shoot straight he wouldn't have gotten away after they stopped him. LAPD might do a lot of lot of things wrong, but they would have had helicopters overhead the whole time, and he would not have been able to ditch the SUV without someone watching. One would think that BPD, the State Police, the FBI, ATF, and the National Guard would have been able to find one helicopter to reinforce the roadblock, thus eliminating the need to violate people's rights.

Hey shithead, a cop died, another is in critical. It was a gunfight, something you'd know NOTHING about. Civilians are EVERYWHERE in a police shootout. They cant just "spray and pray". They cant just whip out military SAW rifles and mow down the guy. Every shot must be accounted for. Not to mention it was dark. I'd say you would never be able to hit a shot like that............but you wouldnt have the balls to strap a gun and vest on in the first place, so nevermind that.

A helicopter costs a lot of money and fuel (budget cuts, remember) they dont just fly around randomly. When the heroic MIT cop was shot, the chase unfolded very rapidly, like all police emergencies do. You dont just get choppers up instantly. You gotta call the pilot, get it started, etc, etc. By the time 1 helo was up, the shootout was over and the guy was on foot in a dense urban area.

People like you disgust me.

Did you really just say "the government is to poor to fly helicopters" Seriously?
Now I've heard everything.....

Not per the exigent circumstances exception, which was clearly in play during the search; there’s no way to reasonably expect law enforcement to obtain a warrant under such conditions.

Moreover, law enforcement wasn’t requesting to enter the home to search for incriminating evidence against the homeowner, but to search for the suspect.

Last, any property owner who believes his civil liberties were violated is free to file suit in court.

Exigent circumstances applies when police believe that the people in the building are in imminent danger, that the people in the building will destroy evidence, or when they have reason to believe that a fugitive is inside the building and will escape if they do not get a warrant. Care to explain, in detail with case citations, how exigent circumstances allows police to force people out of their homes when they ask for a warrant, there is no possibility that there is any evidence being destroyed, and they can surround the house to make sure no one can escape? Or are you simply going to pretend you are smarter than everyone else?

Any cop that suspects someone is hiding in my house is free to get a fucking warrant.

Wow, not even a week after the heroics of the cops, you right wing bastards are in full cop-hate mode again.

If cops show up at your home, without a warrant, and they have reason to believe a suspected terrorist or dangerous criminal is inside, and you refuse to step aside and demand a warrant...........prepare to go to jail for interference. Because you will.

Let the cop hate flow, right?

Your insinuations of cop hate are entirely wrong. If a cop is following a suspect and suspect breaks into my house to escape, police have the right to enter under exigent circumstances. A cop can't just drive to my house and bust in.

Wow, not even a week after the heroics of the cops, you right wing bastards are in full cop-hate mode again.

If cops show up at your home, without a warrant, and they have reason to believe a suspected terrorist or dangerous criminal is inside, and you refuse to step aside and demand a warrant...........prepare to go to jail for interference. Because you will.

Let the cop hate flow, right?

I am a freedom bastard, you would give them tanks and let them kill everyone who happened to be in front of them.

You would harbor a terrorist, and interfere with the cops doing their job to find the terrorists, all out of some radical Tea Party idea that its your duty to fight the cops.

And BTW, you are dead wrong. Exigent circumstances under hot pursuit, or with a person who has an active warrant, WOULD allow cops to enter your home w/o warrant if they had reason to believe he may be in there.

You can forget about Hot pursuit. They had no idea where he was.

I have to side with the owner of the house. If the cops want to enter, they need a search warrant.

Exigent Circumstances applys only when the police KNOW there is someone in danger in the building. Nice try, but get it right.

Exactly.

So much for "Serve and Protect". I'm sure one of those officers will show the residents of that house the search warrant that
allows the officers to enter the premises.

APTOPIX_POLICE_CONVERGE_MAS2_zps4a1c33de.jpg

Look at the faces on that photo and tell me that family doesn't look terrorized. Then ask yourself why with the police only inches away they have that look on their faces.

Photo says it all

The cops probably had a dozen search warrants on them just in case someone balked. Fill in the address and they are good to go.

Why isn't there more information on this? There was about to be a fit on the internet over this but then the rumor got circulated on the internet that the homeowners were agreeable and let the SWAT teams into their home. If it's true that these pigs did this non-consensually, then I seriously hope there are major lawsuits.

That a goddamn SWAT team came busting into their house at 6 AM submachine guns drawn with no legal grounds.

M16s use rifle cartridges, so no, they are not "sub" machine guns.

So Oprah's not on at 6am. They missed a few minutes of some morning show. No harm, no foul. A lawsuit requires a basis, either physical, emotional or monetary harm.

That a goddamn SWAT team came busting into their house at 6 AM submachine guns drawn with no legal grounds.

M16s use rifle cartridges, so no, they are not "sub" machine guns.

So Oprah's not on at 6am. They missed a few minutes of some morning show. No harm, no foul. A lawsuit requires a basis, either physical, emotional or monetary harm.

MP5s are submachine guns. And let's see this happen to you and you keep the same attitude. It's odd to me that the usual gang of idiot conservatives are actually pro-government barging into citizens homes on no legal grounds and violating several of the homeowners' rights. Holy fuck, isn't this exactly what you people are constantly screaming about?

Lawsuit on what basis? They missed a few minutes of Oprah?

Public safety was at risk, ergo the police had to take extreme measures.

One man was on the loose while laughing in the face of the cops because they were so inept. So any time a fugitive is on the loose, the government has the right to bust into my house at 6 AM with a goddamn SWAT team? Or any time the government feels "public safety" is being threatened, my rights disappear?

Public safety was at risk, ergo the police had to take extreme measures.

One man was on the loose while laughing in the face of the cops because they were so inept. So any time a fugitive is on the loose, the government has the right to bust into my house at 6 AM with a goddamn SWAT team? Or any time the government feels "public safety" is being threatened, my rights disappear?

He's was not just a fugitive, he was a terrorist. He could have initiated another terrorist attack or he could have had information on another imminent attack. Catching him as quickly as possible was of the utmost importance.

Forum List

Back