SHOCKING: Jury recommends Life in prison for Parkland Shooter Nikolas Cruz

I agree and believe the death penalty should only be used when empirical evidence is presented such as caught in the action, video recording, a bullet matching the gun it was fired from and those types of things. Even in the OJ trial if he was found guilty, I would hesitate to approve of the death penalty even though his ex had no enemies and he was the only one in her circle that could have killed her.
Random killers do that; 20% of murders are by "strangers". Someone following the pizza guy home?? Who knows......hence OJ walked.

Greg

If he is of sound mind and had no motive other than mass murder of seventeen young souls, I don't see how he gets to stay alive while someone who may have murdered just one person might get death.

I am not even debating the morality of capital punishment, but rather than of equal applied justice.

But that's the point. The application of the death penalty has always been unequal and unfair.

Anyone who knowingly, willing and intentionally kills someone else should be immediately put to death.

No death row. No appeals. No jail. No insane asylum. Right to death.

Here's the problem. We have 190 people who were sent to death row who were eventually exonerated.

That's with all the safeguards you want to remove.

Even if he did the the death penalty, how long would it take to carry it out: 10 years, 12 years, 15 years??????

Our death penalty is not a deterrent because of all the delays. The death penalty (especially in cases like this) should be expedited so that all appeals are exhausted in 6 months and the penalty be carried out before people forget what he's even getting executed for.

It's not a deterrent because murders are either acts of passion or acts of madness.

Forum List

Back