Shooting at Lafayette, LA Theater

If just one life is saved..........

-Geaux

Could save a few lives with magazine capacity limits.

Oh Gawd...........love the expert opinions from meatheads who use wiffle ball bats to defend their homes!!!:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Only people who need hi cap magazines are mass shooters and gang bangers.

Again, not true

-Geaux

I'm waiting on your examples of defenders needing them.

I'm not the one proposing impacting Americans rights... You are..... so you need some justification to substantiate your claim.

-Geaux

I'm not sure you came close to an intelligent thought.

I doubt you would recognize an intelligent thought even if it bit you in your cerebellum.

There is no evidence there are 2 million crimes averted with guns. There are less than 10 million crimes committed each year. The vast majority are committed with nobody there to defend them. 2 million is not even mathematically possible given crime rates, gun ownership, and other facts we know.

Klecks survey found nearly 1 million self defense uses and most of his supporters think that number low.

McDowel's study was based on reported crimes and tallied the documented cases of reported use of guns in self defense as if those are the only cases and he found about 65k annually..
"The incidence of defensive firearm use by US crime victims, 1987 through 1990."
http://ajph.aphapublications.org/doi/abs/10.2105/AJPH.84.12.1982

The question is how many UNREPORTED defensive uses of guns occur in ratio to REPORTED uses. In the vast majority of personal injury crimes, like rape and assault the percentage of those crimes actually reported is much lower than one might think. With male rape, for example, that is rarely reported or admitted to, but women tend to report it more often. When we factor in that many of those defensive gun uses involve an illegally carried gun, like the two marines that killed the terrorist in Chatanooga just a few days ago, those are NEVER reported. But how many are there?

Some guesstimates are that illegal uses are numerically even with legally carried guns, and like male rape only one in twenty get reported. That would multiply McDowells number to well over 1.3 million. Doubling that on the assumption that illegal care occurs as often as legal carry and one has over 2.6 million unreported defensive uses of a gun each year.

Last edited:
Ever heard of anyone needing 15 rounds for defense? Doesn't happen, most defenses are 2-3 shots.

So you do admit that sometimes people do need 15 shots. Thanks.

But where do you think you have the moral right to disarm people in such situations you just conceded do exist, though not 'most of the time'?

Any more and you are endangering everyone around you.

Only if the shooter is a libtard, retard or BATFE agent.

How long have we had guns in this country?
How long have we had movie theaters?
These theater shootings are 2-3 years old.
It isn't the guns or the movie theaters and as long as we keep ignoring the cause and focussing on the tool, more people will die.

If you`re correct 130 million crimes have been averted with a gun since I`ve been born. I don`t know of a single person who claims to have done so. How gullible are you?

And how stupid are you? There are about 10 million crimes committed each and every year in the USA. FBI Table 1
If you are 14 years old, which your posts do not suggest you are more than three, that would be more than 140 million crimes in your short little life time.

Now do you think that as many crimes are prevented as are committed? Way more, dude, way more are prevented in various ways than are committed.

Grow up, dude.

Last edited:
It isn't the guns or the movie theaters and as long as we keep ignoring the cause and focussing on the tool, more people will die.

It is not the guns and not the theaters except for one factor; are the theater gun ban zones? IF so, they are far more likely to get such shootings.

If you`re correct 130 million crimes have been averted with a gun since I`ve been born. I don`t know of a single person who claims to have done so. How gullible are you?

And how stupid are you? There are about 20 million crimes committed each and every year in the USA.
If you are seven years old, which your posts do not suggest you are more than three, that would be more than 140 million crimes in your short little life time.

Now do you think that as many crimes are prevented as are committed? Way more, dude, way more are prevented in various ways than are committed.

Grow up, dude.

I personally know of two. One was reported because their was an injury, the other not.

And how stupid are you? There are about 20 million crimes committed each and every year in the USA.
If you are seven years old, which your posts do not suggest you are more than three, that would be more than 140 million crimes in your short little life time.

Grow up, dude.

I personally know of two. One was reported because their was an injury, the other not.

I know, personally, of at least 5 crimes and one of them was reported. In all five cases a gun was used to deter a violent crime and three were with the use of an illegally carried gun.

No big deal

Just another American exercising his second amendment rights
Maybe if you understood the 2nd Amendment you wouldn't make stupid statements like that. Embarrassed? For you I am.
Our cherished second amendment makes it clear that anyone choosing to shoot up a movie theatre or first grade classroom will have access to the weapon of his choice

It is the price we are willing to pay for being "safe"
30,000 gun deaths a year

Ok, I'll take those odds

-Geaux
So did those people in that movie theater

Yeah, they were definitely a statistical outlier

-Geaux
Collateral damage of our second amendment

Maybe if you understood the 2nd Amendment you wouldn't make stupid statements like that. Embarrassed? For you I am.
Our cherished second amendment makes it clear that anyone choosing to shoot up a movie theatre or first grade classroom will have access to the weapon of his choice

It is the price we are willing to pay for being "safe"
30,000 gun deaths a year

Ok, I'll take those odds

-Geaux
So did those people in that movie theater

Yeah, they were definitely a statistical outlier

-Geaux
Collateral damage of our second amendment

No the collateral damage is to your brain from your snorting Draino.

In fantasy land. 2 million is a made up number which isn't even mathematically possible.

-Geaux

It would be greatly outnumbered by the 500+ accidently killed with guns.

I'm more concerned about those drowning in pools

Geaux

Those are mostly children. Imagine if you let them play with guns.

They played with guns for decades with almost zero mass shootings. Now libtards don't let them play with guns and shootings are all over the p lace, nearly every day in every town!
OMG, the humanity!
Blame the libs now

Libs must be putting evil thoughts in their minds.....you supply the guns

It is not the guns and not the theaters except for one factor; are the theater gun ban zones? IF so, they are far more likely to get such shootings.

That is certainly true but my point was that there is a problem in this country, a recent problem, that no one is looking to find answers to. Why are people all of a sudden committing these crimes? Instead, the left is ONLY looking at the tool used. And as long as we keep that up, people will die.

apparently it was another gun free zone..........so only the criminal had a gun...

-Geaux

Geaux

They played with guns for decades with almost zero mass shootings. Now libtards don't let them play with guns and shootings are all over the p lace, nearly every day in every town!
OMG, the humanity!
Blame the libs now

Actually....Hollywood glorifies these killers, and the press gives them the fame they seèk...so yeah...one of the big differences from the past is the need to be a celebrity.....encouraged by the very people who want gun control...

Could save a few lives with magazine capacity limits.

Oh Gawd...........love the expert opinions from meatheads who use wiffle ball bats to defend their homes!!!:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Only people who need hi cap magazines are mass shooters and gang bangers.

Again, not true

-Geaux

I'm waiting on your examples of defenders needing them.

Same reason cops need them.

Next question?

-Geaux

Give examples. Defending and actually apprehending criminals is completely different.

Geaux

OMG, the humanity!
Blame the libs now

Actually....Hollywood glorifies these killers, and the press gives them the fame they seèk...so yeah...one of the big differences from the past is the need to be a celebrity.....encouraged by the very people who want gun control...
Yes...Hollywood glorifies the killers and you ensue that they can get the exact same gun as they see in the movies

It is all part of the gun nut fantasy

I'm not sure you came close to an intelligent thought.

I doubt you would recognize an intelligent thought even if it bit you in your cerebellum.

There is no evidence there are 2 million crimes averted with guns. There are less than 10 million crimes committed each year. The vast majority are committed with nobody there to defend them. 2 million is not even mathematically possible given crime rates, gun ownership, and other facts we know.

Klecks survey found nearly 1 million self defense uses and most of his supporters think that number low.

McDowel's study was based on reported crimes and tallied the documented cases of reported use of guns in self defense as if those are the only cases and he found about 65k annually..
"The incidence of defensive firearm use by US crime victims, 1987 through 1990."
http://ajph.aphapublications.org/doi/abs/10.2105/AJPH.84.12.1982

The question is how many UNREPORTED defensive uses of guns occur in ratio to REPORTED uses. In the vast majority of personal injury crimes, like rape and assault the percentage of those crimes actually reported is much lower than one might think. With male rape, for example, that is rarely reported or admitted to, but women tend to report it more often. When we factor in that many of those defensive gun uses involve an illegally carried gun, like the two marines that killed the terrorist in Chatanooga just a few days ago, those are NEVER reported. But how many are there?

Some guesstimates are that illegal uses are numerically even with legally carried guns, and like male rape only one in twenty get reported. That would multiply McDowells number to well over 1.3 million. Doubling that on the assumption that illegal care occurs as often as legal carry and one has over 2.6 million unreported defensive uses of a gun each year.

There are less than 10 million crimes committed each year. Most are non violent, not defendable. Gun owners are a minority. Not mathematically possible to be 2.6 million.

These incidents are a small price to pay for our second amendment rights

Well moron.....each year on average over guns are used by law abiding citizens to stop or prevent violent criminal attack and save lives 2 million times...

2 million crimes stopped...

vs.

8,454 gun murders in 2013 (and the gun murder rate is going down, not up as more Americans own and carry guns for self defense...12.8 million now carry guns for self defense)

I think even you can do the math and see the difference.....

Nobody bought your 2 million number the first time you tried it. Mere gun owners fantasies

MMoron...it is actual research.....not anti gun extremist fantasies....

Forum List

Back