Shootings of Asian-Americans in Atlanta

Sex workers should carry firearms.
After an appropriate training course and licensing, naturally.

No reason for a license. Get as much training as you can afford in time and money...no mandate.
I have seen too many idiots with guns.

And yet with 600 million guns in private hands and over 19.4 million people able to carry guns in public for self defense........accidental gun deaths have been going down, not up......and before the democrats decided to destroy the police, violent crime was going down, not up....
I have no problem with people carrying guns. I carry mine, of course I am trained, qualified and licensed. I am just not in favor of every idiot in America carrying one with no training, no knowledge of applicable law, and no certification. If your were ever on a unregulated shooting range, you wouldn't either. I've seen military people that didn't need to be carrying one for their own good and the good of everybody in the chow hall or near the sand barrel.

I agree....but......any licensing, will become a ban by other means.....the requirements will become impossible to meet for anyone who isn't rich or well connected...this is how they do it in Britain for the few hunting shotguns they allow people to own....as well as on the continent...

Sorry.....not supporting a restriction on a Right like that...
Got no problem with "right to keep and bear arms" and not debating what a "well regulated militia" is, but gun nuts do not believe in any intelligent regulation at all and that is wrong, makes no sense, gives responsible gun owners a bad name and does away with "well regulated" in any way shape form or fashion. Yesterday some sex addict shot up 3 different whorehouses in Georgia. Today some depressed nut ball from Texas brought all his guns to Washington and got arrested outside what he thought was the home of the Vice President. His mother said he had been depress and phoned to say he was in Washington and going to solve his problems. Would proper licensing solve all that? No. It might help the idiot factor though, having to at least sit a professionally instructed class, take tests of safety and operation before a certified instructor. I say, in your home for personal defense keep anything you want. I do and always have, but some people are a danger to themselves and everybody around them, and should not have them on the street. Everybody free to carry anything they want, just about anywhere they want is in no way well regulated, and your position is poor people may not be able to pay for training and getting a license doesn't make sense. These weapons today are not flint locks or even 6 shooter and this ain't the old west. Wait til you see the hill billy militia guys swaggering around on a range (if you can call it that) with mac 10s dangling with full clips until they line up and start shooting at sticks of dynamite on a berm 40 feet away and walking around drinking beer between rounds. People like them, with no respect for their fire power or safety and you who will indulge any carry anytime by anyone as some sacred right make us all look bad.

600 million guns in private hands......over 19.4 million people legally carry guns in public...

One guy broke the law.....all the laws regarding guns, and murdered people......

Meanwhile, the other 600 million guns were not used to murder anyone, and the 19.4 million people who carry their guns legally did not murder anyone.

You have no rational argument for what you want......we have a history of governments using massive regulations to prevent people who have the legal Right to own and carry guns from being able to own and carry guns...

You are wrong......that is just a fact.

And before the democrats decided to make war on our police.....27 years of more people owning and carrying guns and what was the impact on those things you fear?

49% reduction in gun murder.

75% reduction in gun crime.

72% reduction in violent crime in general.

You have no rational argument for the policies that we know will result in the government barring people from owning and carrying guns.

Over the last 27 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 19.4 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2019...guess what happened...

New Concealed Carry Report For 2020: 19.48 Million Permit Holders, 820,000 More Than Last Year despite many states shutting down issuing permits because of the Coronavirus - Crime Prevention Research Center

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

From the CDC.....

Accidental Gun deaths...

I am just not as paranoid as you over the 2nd amendment. The key statement was in your first line "people legally carry guns in public...". We just disagree about what should be considered legal and whether there should be any regulations regarding weapons at all. Your number 19.4 legally carrying in public sounds dubius and I could not locate a sources for it. Equilly or more dubius is the Washington Post number, I saw of 3 million. I suspect the number is in between those two. Here is an interesting number for you. In the year 1800 there were 5,308,483 counted in the census of the United State. Here is a fact to go along with it. As numbers climbed to the 330,000,000 plus of today it has become necessary for the common good to increase regulation in just about everything to avoid chaos and create a society that works for the whole population. In my opinion, rolling gun regulation back to 1790 standards is ludicrous, beyond rational thought.
If looking for how many weapons injuries, it seems everybody is more interested in weapons deaths annually. Available numbers are large, unless compared to the number legally carrying. I am confident the number of accidental shootings, including accidental deaths could be reduced with proper training. Unlike you, I feel it is worth the inconvenience to reduce weapons accidents, and training would (not might) reduce that number.
For all your, numbers, bits of info you try to string together to support your cause, I suspect you went to the trouble of getting your own carry permit and are (like myself) a licensed carry permit holder. It is not the people like you and I that concern me. We are unlikely to be involve in an accidental or illegal shooting situation, as all the permit holders, I know are very serious people, as opposed to the people I have personally witnessed. As someone trained not only on weapons, but in the field of safety itself, you will never be able to convince me, proper training does not make any complex operation safer for all concerned, and therefore unnecessary and certainly not regarding weapons. Trying to wrap the flag around your concept only works on the simple minded.

There are already regulations on gun ownership and it isn't doing any good. Putting more regulations on gun ownership doesn't seem like the answer.
The answer is to get the criminals off the street and use the death penalty more. Defunding the police forces certainly isn't a solution. That's just plain moronic.
I only spoke in favor of carry permits, issued by states after training, certification and background check as a safety issue, as safety is often enhanced by training. I have mine and have had for years. Nobody spoke about de-funding cop. Certainly not in my town.

Im all for training, as long as it's free. I'm opposed to permits.

Yep....I want people to get as much training as their time and money allows....but will fight any attempt to make it mandatory......since that is how anti-gunners will prevent people from owning and carrying guns.

The guy who did this was obviously mentally ill, and because solely of his skin color he was a white supremacist. Yeah getting tired of this shit.

What folks are getting tired of is because he is white "oh he is mentally ill", but had he been black that is just what we do.

No....the majority of black shooters in this country are members of criminal gangs...shooting each other over drug turf, girlfriends, and social media insults......

The white guys who commit mass public shootings actually are typically mentally ill...

That is the truth, fucking deal with it.

No that is some bullshit that you are hoping folks will believe.

Nope....that is the fact, you dumb ass.....from actual FBI data.....

Post that data shit for brains.

Blacks killing other blacks...

Blacks killing blacks is just an example of how much black lives matter to blacks.

The guy who did this was obviously mentally ill, and because solely of his skin color he was a white supremacist. Yeah getting tired of this shit.

What folks are getting tired of is because he is white "oh he is mentally ill", but had he been black that is just what we do.

No....the majority of black shooters in this country are members of criminal gangs...shooting each other over drug turf, girlfriends, and social media insults......

The white guys who commit mass public shootings actually are typically mentally ill...

That is the truth, fucking deal with it.

No that is some bullshit that you are hoping folks will believe.

Nope....that is the fact, you dumb ass.....from actual FBI data.....

Post that data shit for brains.

Blacks killing other blacks...

Blacks killing blacks is just an example of how much black lives matter to blacks.

And how little they mean to the democrats........

No reason for a license. Get as much training as you can afford in time and money...no mandate.

And yet with 600 million guns in private hands and over 19.4 million people able to carry guns in public for self defense........accidental gun deaths have been going down, not up......and before the democrats decided to destroy the police, violent crime was going down, not up....
I have no problem with people carrying guns. I carry mine, of course I am trained, qualified and licensed. I am just not in favor of every idiot in America carrying one with no training, no knowledge of applicable law, and no certification. If your were ever on a unregulated shooting range, you wouldn't either. I've seen military people that didn't need to be carrying one for their own good and the good of everybody in the chow hall or near the sand barrel.

I agree....but......any licensing, will become a ban by other means.....the requirements will become impossible to meet for anyone who isn't rich or well connected...this is how they do it in Britain for the few hunting shotguns they allow people to own....as well as on the continent...

Got no problem with "right to keep and bear arms" and not debating what a "well regulated militia" is, but gun nuts do not believe in any intelligent regulation at all and that is wrong, makes no sense, gives responsible gun owners a bad name and does away with "well regulated" in any way shape form or fashion. Yesterday some sex addict shot up 3 different whorehouses in Georgia. Today some depressed nut ball from Texas brought all his guns to Washington and got arrested outside what he thought was the home of the Vice President. His mother said he had been depress and phoned to say he was in Washington and going to solve his problems. Would proper licensing solve all that? No. It might help the idiot factor though, having to at least sit a professionally instructed class, take tests of safety and operation before a certified instructor. I say, in your home for personal defense keep anything you want. I do and always have, but some people are a danger to themselves and everybody around them, and should not have them on the street. Everybody free to carry anything they want, just about anywhere they want is in no way well regulated, and your position is poor people may not be able to pay for training and getting a license doesn't make sense. These weapons today are not flint locks or even 6 shooter and this ain't the old west. Wait til you see the hill billy militia guys swaggering around on a range (if you can call it that) with mac 10s dangling with full clips until they line up and start shooting at sticks of dynamite on a berm 40 feet away and walking around drinking beer between rounds. People like them, with no respect for their fire power or safety and you who will indulge any carry anytime by anyone as some sacred right make us all look bad.

600 million guns in private hands......over 19.4 million people legally carry guns in public...

One guy broke the law.....all the laws regarding guns, and murdered people......

Meanwhile, the other 600 million guns were not used to murder anyone, and the 19.4 million people who carry their guns legally did not murder anyone.

You have no rational argument for what you want......we have a history of governments using massive regulations to prevent people who have the legal Right to own and carry guns from being able to own and carry guns...

And before the democrats decided to make war on our police.....27 years of more people owning and carrying guns and what was the impact on those things you fear?

You have no rational argument for the policies that we know will result in the government barring people from owning and carrying guns.

Over the last 27 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 19.4 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2019...guess what happened...

New Concealed Carry Report For 2020: 19.48 Million Permit Holders, 820,000 More Than Last Year despite many states shutting down issuing permits because of the Coronavirus - Crime Prevention Research Center

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

From the CDC.....

Accidental Gun deaths...

I am just not as paranoid as you over the 2nd amendment. The key statement was in your first line "people legally carry guns in public...". We just disagree about what should be considered legal and whether there should be any regulations regarding weapons at all. Your number 19.4 legally carrying in public sounds dubius and I could not locate a sources for it. Equilly or more dubius is the Washington Post number, I saw of 3 million. I suspect the number is in between those two. Here is an interesting number for you. In the year 1800 there were 5,308,483 counted in the census of the United State. Here is a fact to go along with it. As numbers climbed to the 330,000,000 plus of today it has become necessary for the common good to increase regulation in just about everything to avoid chaos and create a society that works for the whole population. In my opinion, rolling gun regulation back to 1790 standards is ludicrous, beyond rational thought.
If looking for how many weapons injuries, it seems everybody is more interested in weapons deaths annually. Available numbers are large, unless compared to the number legally carrying. I am confident the number of accidental shootings, including accidental deaths could be reduced with proper training. Unlike you, I feel it is worth the inconvenience to reduce weapons accidents, and training would (not might) reduce that number.
For all your, numbers, bits of info you try to string together to support your cause, I suspect you went to the trouble of getting your own carry permit and are (like myself) a licensed carry permit holder. It is not the people like you and I that concern me. We are unlikely to be involve in an accidental or illegal shooting situation, as all the permit holders, I know are very serious people, as opposed to the people I have personally witnessed. As someone trained not only on weapons, but in the field of safety itself, you will never be able to convince me, proper training does not make any complex operation safer for all concerned, and therefore unnecessary and certainly not regarding weapons. Trying to wrap the flag around your concept only works on the simple minded.

There are already regulations on gun ownership and it isn't doing any good. Putting more regulations on gun ownership doesn't seem like the answer.
The answer is to get the criminals off the street and use the death penalty more. Defunding the police forces certainly isn't a solution. That's just plain moronic.
I only spoke in favor of carry permits, issued by states after training, certification and background check as a safety issue, as safety is often enhanced by training. I have mine and have had for years. Nobody spoke about de-funding cop. Certainly not in my town.

Yep....I want people to get as much training as their time and money allows....but will fight any attempt to make it mandatory......since that is how anti-gunners will prevent people from owning and carrying guns.

That's why I say free training. The notion of tax money paying for it cause the anti-gun fuckers to change their tune.

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

From the CDC.....

Accidental Gun deaths...

There should be no carry permits......as we have seen in democrat party controlled states and cities, they refuse to give permits to people simply because they have the power to refuse......
My background check had to go, not only through State of TN but also DHS. I personally think all states should be required to have the permit program available to their citizens and should not be up to cities. I would even like to see an income tax credit to re-imberse for state and any federal fees involved for that training and certification. I believe in safety and am willing to see my tax dollars encouraging safety. Responsible, safe gun owners on the streets are an asset to the communities and the country as a whole. I would not like to see testing requirements increased above the level required in the 23 states that accept my state, presently.

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

From the CDC.....

Accidental Gun deaths...

Then you would never know if somebody had the training.

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

From the CDC.....

Accidental Gun deaths...

It didn't prevent me or anyone I know. Law enforcement backs these program and are quite often against Constitutional, no permit, cowboy carry.

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

From the CDC.....

Accidental Gun deaths...

We don't need to know. But, if it was free and convenient to participate in, it would naturally mean that more people would undergo the training. At the end of the day, you would have more trained people than you do now.

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

From the CDC.....

Accidental Gun deaths...

It didn't prevent me or anyone I know. Law enforcement backs these program and are quite often against Constitutional, no permit, cowboy carry.

No reason for permit carry......again...since you don't get it........they will make it impossible for regular people to get permits....they are already doing it in cities and states controlled by the democrat party.....

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

From the CDC.....

Accidental Gun deaths...

There should be no carry permits......as we have seen in democrat party controlled states and cities, they refuse to give permits to people simply because they have the power to refuse......
My background check had to go, not only through State of TN but also DHS. I personally think all states should be required to have the permit program available to their citizens and should not be up to cities. I would even like to see an income tax credit to re-imberse for state and any federal fees involved for that training and certification. I believe in safety and am willing to see my tax dollars encouraging safety. Responsible, safe gun owners on the streets are an asset to the communities and the country as a whole. I would not like to see testing requirements increased above the level required in the 23 states that accept my state, presently.

Yeah....do Public Service Announcements to encourage training.....and that's it...

you do not get to charge a fee for the exercise of a Right, and Literacy tests were voting are no different than Mandatory Training to own and carry a gun.

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

From the CDC.....

Accidental Gun deaths...

No reason for permit carry......again...since you don't get it........they will make it impossible for regular people to get permits....they are already doing it in cities and states controlled by the democrat party.....
I'm a regular people, and so it my brother in-law, sister in-law, my mechanic and the little old lady I by cigarettes from. Cities should not have authority to regulate beyond state regulations. I don't think they can here.

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

From the CDC.....

Accidental Gun deaths...

The latest gun control bill requires 24 hours of training. Most folks dont have the time, nor the money to undergo that training.

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

From the CDC.....

Accidental Gun deaths...

So what?

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

From the CDC.....

Accidental Gun deaths...

So what?
You would have idiot with guns running around like the 1790s old west plus the criminals on the street now. How long you been out of jail?

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

From the CDC.....

Accidental Gun deaths...

So what?
You would have idiot with guns running around like the 1790s old west plus the criminals on the street now. How long you been out of jail?
There are lots of guns everywhere and the gangs usually use them only on each other.

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

From the CDC.....

Accidental Gun deaths...

So what?
There are lots of guns everywhere and the gangs usually use them only on each other.
True. Good example of idiots with guns. Training and permit will have little effect on that. To tell the truth, I don't actually care if the gangs shoot each other, except when non-combatants are injured or killed. I really do not give a damn if they kill each other. It's not like their lives really mattered, is it?

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

From the CDC.....

Accidental Gun deaths...

So what?
True. Good example of idiots with guns. Training and permit will have little effect on that. To tell the truth, I don't actually care if the gangs shoot each other, except when non-combatants are injured or killed. I really do not give a damn if they kill each other. It's not like their lives really mattered, is it?
They choose their own fate.
My taxes pay for the cost of their education and they decide selling drugs is more fun and force everyone else in the hood to join the gang.
If they become hardened murderers, they deserve to die.
You can PM me your address and I'll hand it to my co-worker whose brother belongs to the Crypts and well have the Crypts and Bloods pay you a visit.
We'll see your true level of compassion when they attempt to to murder you.
My co-worker has nothing but contempt for his brother and the gangs.

Forum List

Back