Should 8-Year-Old Be Wearing Make-Up?

So, it's not so much getting dressed up and taking pictures as it is the making them available to the public IMO. I would have loved if my mom had played with me like that when I was a little girl though. I more or less just got into my mom's stuff. Lol.

This has to be moms work.
No way an eight year old can put on make up like that.
And as you said,if this was done at home and she never left the house maybe...and thats a big maybe.
And there sure as hell wouldnt be photos on the internet.

Mom definitely put the makeup on. Maybe the mom exercised some bad judgement posting the pics. Maybe she just thought it would be cute to post one of her and her daughter dressed up together?

Did you watch the video?
This little girl is going to end up in trouble ...count on it.

I didn't watch the video.

How do you feel about child stars?

It depends.
Honey BooBoo is disgusting.
Shirley Temple was cute.

I dunno what Honey BooBoo is but Shirley Temple always gave me the urge to regurge. My sister used to watch her movies. I couldn't stand her. It wasn't the makeup, I guess it was just that she was so ... fake.

This has to be moms work.
No way an eight year old can put on make up like that.
And as you said,if this was done at home and she never left the house maybe...and thats a big maybe.
And there sure as hell wouldnt be photos on the internet.

Mom definitely put the makeup on. Maybe the mom exercised some bad judgement posting the pics. Maybe she just thought it would be cute to post one of her and her daughter dressed up together?

Did you watch the video?

It depends.
Shirley Temple was cute.

I dunno what Honey BooBoo is but Shirley Temple always gave me the urge to regurge. My sister used to watch her movies. I couldn't stand 'em.

I like the drink Shirley Temple. I still order them when I go out to bars sometimes. ;)

Theater is one thing but making a child look sexy is another.

And yet -- there's a lot of the former in the latter. Regardless of the age.

I didn't think she looked "sexy." She looked like a young girl wearing makeup to me. Obviously men find makeup to be VERY sexy even though they will argue with you to death that they hate it! :lol:

Well, if she is trying to exploit her daughter, that's not good, but if these are just some pictures she took while playing around with her daughter, I don't think it's that big of a deal, and the people who should feel ashamed are the ones who look at the child in a "sexual" manner just because of the makeup factor. That is really ridiculous.

DSCN48281_zps7fo2klws.jpg

DSCN48321_zpshlap60r4.jpg

DSCN47631_zpssoyybg4k.jpg

It's all in how you look at them, and who you market the images to.
Theater makeup was designed so people could see expressions before the age of television or movies. It's hard to see a frown from across the theater otherwise. There should be a difference in that and applying makeup for stepping out on the town. With some women it's a fine line though.

Those having a hissy (moms)....you never once, EVER, let your daughter play dress up, complete with makeup? Really?

It's all in how you look at them, and who you market the images to.​
Theater makeup was designed so people could see expressions before the age of television or movies. It's hard to see a frown from across the theater otherwise. There should be a difference in that and applying makeup for stepping out on the town. With some women it's a fine line though.​

Some men too ---- what the hell's going on around the eyes here?

6a00e554e5d8fe883301a3fd2e4ba6970b-800wi

It's all in how you look at them, and who you market the images to.​
Theater makeup was designed so people could see expressions before the age of television or movies. It's hard to see a frown from across the theater otherwise. There should be a difference in that and applying makeup for stepping out on the town. With some women it's a fine line though.​

Some men too ---- what the hell's going on around the eyes here?

6a00e554e5d8fe883301a3fd2e4ba6970b-800wi

Woaaahh there sexy! The orange peel skin is soooo hot! :razz:

Did you watch the video?

It depends.
Shirley Temple was cute.

I dunno what Honey BooBoo is but Shirley Temple always gave me the urge to regurge. My sister used to watch her movies. I couldn't stand 'em.

I like the drink Shirley Temple. I still order them when I go out to bars sometimes. ;)

With vodka?

It's all in how you look at them, and who you market the images to.
Theater makeup was designed so people could see expressions before the age of television or movies. It's hard to see a frown from across the theater otherwise. There should be a difference in that and applying makeup for stepping out on the town. With some women it's a fine line though.
I dunno, the thing with theatre is it turns kids onto makeup, and then they like to experiment. My daughter has spent many, many happy hours playing with makeup, and from a young age. I probably wouldn't post head shots like that of her on FB just because but I really don't see a huge problem with a mom and daughter playing with makeup and posting the results.

Forum List

Back