Should 8-Year-Old Be Wearing Make-Up?

Did you watch the video?
This little girl is going to end up in trouble ...count on it.

I didn't watch the video.

How do you feel about child stars?

It depends.
Honey BooBoo is disgusting.
Shirley Temple was cute.

I dunno what Honey BooBoo is but Shirley Temple always gave me the urge to regurge. My sister used to watch her movies. I couldn't stand 'em.

I like the drink Shirley Temple. I still order them when I go out to bars sometimes. ;)

With vodka?

No. I like the kid version better! :lol:

Making your eight year old daughter pedo bait....what could possibly go wrong?

What makes you guys think pedos are attracted by .... makeup?

Kind of a leap, innit?

You have no ability to see things as they are do you?

Aaand another swing and a miss, and the question continues to stand. It's telling that y'all can't answer the question.

So I repeat -- what makes you guys think pedos are attracted by the same things normal guys are?
That would make them normal, would it not?

Theater is one thing but making a child look sexy is another.
It's all in how you look at them, and who you market the images to.​
Theater makeup was designed so people could see expressions before the age of television or movies. It's hard to see a frown from across the theater otherwise. There should be a difference in that and applying makeup for stepping out on the town. With some women it's a fine line though.​

Some men too ---- what the hell's going on around the eyes here?

6a00e554e5d8fe883301a3fd2e4ba6970b-800wi
Looks like a spray on tan to me. Does he give you a boner or something?

No way should an eight year old be made up in that fashion.
Let kids be kids, they grow up to fast as it is.

And yet -- there's a lot of the former in the latter. Regardless of the age.

I didn't think she looked "sexy." She looked like a young girl wearing makeup to me. Obviously men find makeup to be VERY sexy even though they will argue with you to death that they hate it! :lol:
This is true.
I have had to set my (grown) son down a few times and tell him to stop attacking his sister...because she's ATTRACTIVE. He'd see pictures of her at the carnival with her friends, pictures that I posted of her climbing the rock wall and stuff like that, and come UNGLUED because she was showing too much leg lolol...I'm like wait a minute, she's only 10 and I'm not going to cover her head to toe just because she's attractive. She's wearing exactly what all her friends are wearing. They're innocent, nice girls who don't even think like that so cut her a break.

I dunno, the thing with theatre is it turns kids onto makeup, and then they like to experiment. My daughter has spent many, many happy hours playing with makeup, and from a young age. I probably wouldn't post head shots like that of her on FB just because but I really don't see a huge problem with a mom and daughter playing with makeup and posting the results.
Do you think a 8yo did that OP photo with big fake lashes? Complete with pouty lips? She was done up and coached.

Kind of a leap, innit?
Making a child look sexual is too big a leap for you to grasp?

How does she look sexual? Makeup = sexuality????

She's dressed up as a show girl for Gods sake!!

So? Show girls make a very good living, and a lot of them do not take off any clothes.

Theater makeup was designed so people could see expressions before the age of television or movies. It's hard to see a frown from across the theater otherwise. There should be a difference in that and applying makeup for stepping out on the town. With some women it's a fine line though.​

Is everything some kind of sex cue to you?

I'm seeing a world of orange, that stops dead as soon as it gets near the eyes. That tells me somebody's going for a world of orange, apparently to cover up a sallow-grey zombie look. It also tells me it's not applied very well and perhaps he needs to hire a makeup artist who actually knows what they're doing.

Kind of a leap, innit?
Making a child look sexual is too big a leap for you to grasp?

How does she look sexual? Makeup = sexuality????

She's dressed up as a show girl for Gods sake!!

So? Show girls make a very good living, and a lot of them do not take off any clothes.

Not when they're eight years old.
If it was done in good taste I wouldnt be so bothered by this.
She looks like a hooker and acts like one.
Go look at her response to her critics in the video.

IF I had a daughter, she could play dress up as a kid. Complete with makeup, hair do, lots of clothes in my closet or all my jewelry at one time. You know. DRESS UP.

Would I let her wear makeup at school? Depends on what age she is. 8? Hell no. 10? hell no. 14? Maybe gloss lipstick.
I also would not let her dress provocatively while under 14. 15...I would be semi kinda strict but not too much. They have to express themselves but not where they look trampy.

It all depends on the parent and the kid.

Is everything some kind of sex cue to you?

I'm seeing a world of orange, that stops dead as soon as it gets near the eyes. That tells me somebody's going for a world of orange, apparently to cover up a sallow-grey zombie look. It also tells me it's not applied very well and perhaps he needs to hire a makeup artist who actually knows what they're doing.
You brought Trump into it. This is about kids.

I dunno, the thing with theatre is it turns kids onto makeup, and then they like to experiment. My daughter has spent many, many happy hours playing with makeup, and from a young age. I probably wouldn't post head shots like that of her on FB just because but I really don't see a huge problem with a mom and daughter playing with makeup and posting the results.
Do you think a 8yo did that OP photo with big fake lashes? Complete with pouty lips? She was done up and coached.
Sure she was coached. She looked great! But wash it all off before dad comes home, lol.

Sure she was coached. She looked great! But wash it all off before dad comes home, lol.

It just gave me the creeps.

Forum List

Back