Should 8-Year-Old Be Wearing Make-Up?

I dunno, the thing with theatre is it turns kids onto makeup, and then they like to experiment. My daughter has spent many, many happy hours playing with makeup, and from a young age. I probably wouldn't post head shots like that of her on FB just because but I really don't see a huge problem with a mom and daughter playing with makeup and posting the results.
Do you think a 8yo did that OP photo with big fake lashes? Complete with pouty lips? She was done up and coached.
ALL KIDS HAVE POUTY LIPS. The REASON sex pots do the pouty lip thing is because it's symbolic of YOUTH.

People use makeup to look young and sexy. That doesn't mean that when kids play with makeup, they are thinking of sex.
I didn't say she was thinking about it. You are in denial here.

37028.jpg

In denial about what? That YOU find this sexual? I don't find anything "sexual" about it.

Yup, she's got some tude! :D Maybe she's angry at people being so hard on her mum? I don't know. I just don't think makeup makes someone "sexual." Anyone can put on some makeup! Even you!
Really? So women spend all that time, money and effort just for shits and giggles?

To enhance your best features, to cover flaws, etc. Do you think women wear makeup because they are looking to have sex? Really? :D Lol.
You can't read. They do it for attention and self worth since we as a culture treat them as sex objects.

I don't NEED to read your opinions since I'm a woman and I would know better than you.

It's instructive perhaps that, looking back over the thread, ALL of the moralistic harrumphing is coming from male posters. 100% of it as far as I can tell.

If it makes the majority of men uncomfortable there's a good reason for it.

Indeed. And what do you suppose that is?

Not unrelated -- I bring up Patriarchy when the forum brings up some of the primitive cultural customs like "honor killing"... care to connect the dots?

Yup, she's got some tude! :D Maybe she's angry at people being so hard on her mum? I don't know. I just don't think makeup makes someone "sexual." Anyone can put on some makeup! Even you!
Really? So women spend all that time, money and effort just for shits and giggles?

To enhance your best features, to cover flaws, etc. Do you think women wear makeup because they are looking to have sex? Really? :D Lol.
You can't read. They do it for attention and self worth since we as a culture treat them as sex objects.

So now you are going to tell US why we wear makeup? :rolleyes-41:

I dunno, the thing with theatre is it turns kids onto makeup, and then they like to experiment. My daughter has spent many, many happy hours playing with makeup, and from a young age. I probably wouldn't post head shots like that of her on FB just because but I really don't see a huge problem with a mom and daughter playing with makeup and posting the results.
Do you think a 8yo did that OP photo with big fake lashes? Complete with pouty lips? She was done up and coached.
ALL KIDS HAVE POUTY LIPS. The REASON sex pots do the pouty lip thing is because it's symbolic of YOUTH.

People use makeup to look young and sexy. That doesn't mean that when kids play with makeup, they are thinking of sex.

37028.jpg

In denial about what? That YOU find this sexual? I don't find anything "sexual" about it.
I said you can't fucking read. How many times are you going to prove it? When did I say I found her sexual? I said she was made up that way, I also said I don't even like it on grown women.

Meh, it's also an artistic thing, I'm telling you. There's something gratifying about creating a thing of beauty.

37028.jpg

I said you can't fucking read. How many times are you going to prove it? When did I say I found her sexual? I said she was made up that way, I also said I don't even like it on grown women.

I can read just fine. I disagree with you completely.

For the record...I enlarged that pic of the OP girl and I believe those are NOT fake eyelashes. Thems real, dude. Just lots of mascara to enhance what is naturally hers. Too much? Yep. But still real.

37028.jpg
All she's doing is looking at the camera and not smiling. She was probably getting bored with it by this time.
I see, so the effort was to make her more noticeable on the stage she was going to. Like all women that apply makeup. Good grief.

It's instructive perhaps that, looking back over the thread, ALL of the moralistic harrumphing is coming from male posters. 100% of it as far as I can tell.

If it makes the majority of men uncomfortable there's a good reason for it.

Indeed. And what do you suppose that is?

Not unrelated -- I bring up Patriarchy when the forum brings up some of the primitive cultural customs like "honor killing"... care to connect the dots?

Dressing up eight year olds to look like hookers and stoning women to death is more of a liberal thing so I cant help you.

37028.jpg

I can read just fine. I disagree with you completely.
You can disagree with gravity for all I care. You can't misrepresent my words and get away with it though.

original.jpg

88576f6513a414b6643b88cd19591710.jpg

Mommy has some great clothes in this one..MATCHING SHOES!
girlsplayingdressup.jpg

dressup.jpg

Children-Playing-Dress-up.jpg

I have no problem with any of these photos.

I'm fine with all but the top two.

That was my first reaction but I'm trying to keep an open mind.
The second pic would be kinda disturbing if it wasnt for the shoes.:lol:
It's just a little girl playing dress up and mom took a pic. IF it were in a magazine or on facebook...then yeah. Too much.

For the record...I enlarged that pic of the OP girl and I believe those are NOT fake eyelashes. Thems real, dude. Just lots of mascara to enhance what is naturally hers. Too much? Yep. But still real.
Fakes are a lot easier on the eyeballs, we learned that last year. My daughter has amazing thick eyelashes. We fought with mascara for a couple of rehearsals then figured out that fakes were much more effective, and much easier on her.

Forum List

Back