Should 8-Year-Old Be Wearing Make-Up?

For the record...I enlarged that pic of the OP girl and I believe those are NOT fake eyelashes. Thems real, dude. Just lots of mascara to enhance what is naturally hers. Too much? Yep. But still real.

Guys really arent going differentiate the two.
They are artificially long and thats all we see.

Children have long lashes. Long lashes do not mean sex either. Lol.

I see no reason for an eight year old to go to this extent unless there's a reason such as a play or other types of performing arts.
I think guys have a problem with it because their instinct is to protect little girls.
The idea that some freak out there would get excited over her is very disturbing to me.

Well, I can understand that sentiment. That is the reason why, if I had a daughter, I would definitely play dress up with her, but I would probably not post the pictures to a site that can be accessed by the general public. A lot of moms would post such pictures because they think their daughters look cute or beautiful and have no ill intentions.

Now, think about this for a sec. What if it were a little boy combing his hair like dad, penciling in a beard and mustache, wearing dads oversized suit, the shoes, the tie. Is he at risk for a perv? No more than a little girl would be with makeup. Pervs look at the innocence and the body. Not what the body is wearing.

For the record...I enlarged that pic of the OP girl and I believe those are NOT fake eyelashes. Thems real, dude. Just lots of mascara to enhance what is naturally hers. Too much? Yep. But still real.

I see no reason for an eight year old to go to this extent unless there's a reason such as a play or other types of performing arts.
I think guys have a problem with it because their instinct is to protect little girls.
The idea that some freak out there would get excited over her is very disturbing to me.

You see, a lot of women do NOT think in that way. I think that much is obvious by this thread alone.

I said you can't fucking read. How many times are you going to prove it? When did I say I found her sexual? I said she was made up that way, I also said I don't even like it on grown women.

I can read just fine. I disagree with you completely.
You can disagree with gravity for all I care. You can't misrepresent my words and get away with it though.

You THINK she is made up to be sexual. As you can clearly see, most of the women are in disagreement with you. Maybe you are WRONG. Ever think about that before?

He seems to be laboring under the delusion that women are there for his personal benefit -- which means he gets to control them.

Which goes back to the observation of all the objections coming from males. Males (in general) are terrified of women's power and will go out of their way to (a) deny it and (b) control it.

I suspect that's what we're reading here -- fear. A fear coming from within.
No he just doesn't want little girls sexualized. It's a noble sentiment, but one can go overboard with it. My son did. He still thinks I should have made my daughter wear longer shorts (though hers were the exact same as everybody else's) and take fewer pictures than the ugly and fat girls the same age.
He seems a tad over protective of his sister and his thoughts on how she dresses. Maybe he is jealous. Sounds like that's the problem to me since you said he has a prob with the pics. Do you take equal numbers of him?

Because it's fun.

Get over it. Freaks are not looking at the makeup. They are looking at the unformed body of a child. She could be in a sack and still be at risk.

There's no doubt make up is used to make women more attractive to the opposite sex.
It gives the appearance that a little girl is looking for a guy.
Sorry but I find that disturbing.
There is a big difference between what the original girl looked like and the photos of the other girls playing dress up.
It's a matter of going to far with it.

Do any of you have any bathtub pictures or nude pictures of yourselves when you were children? I have a couple of bathtub pictures when I was a little girl. Never occurred to me that it was "perverted" in any way.

Get over it. Freaks are not looking at the makeup. They are looking at the unformed body of a child. She could be in a sack and still be at risk.

There's no doubt make up is used to make women more attractive to the opposite sex.
There is a big difference between what the original girl looked like and the photos of the other girls playing dress up.

It is to make us more attractive to US. We like pretty things and like to look pretty. Well, some of us anyways. It is instinctual for a woman to want to look her best.

I can read just fine. I disagree with you completely.
You can disagree with gravity for all I care. You can't misrepresent my words and get away with it though.

You THINK she is made up to be sexual. As you can clearly see, most of the women are in disagreement with you. Maybe you are WRONG. Ever think about that before?

He seems to be laboring under the delusion that women are there for his personal benefit -- which means he gets to control them.

Which goes back to the observation of all the objections coming from males. Males (in general) are terrified of women's power and will go out of their way to (a) deny it and (b) control it.

No he just doesn't want little girls sexualized. It's a noble sentiment, but one can go overboard with it. My son did. He still thinks I should have made my daughter wear longer shorts (though hers were the exact same as everybody else's) and take fewer pictures than the ugly and fat girls the same age.
He seems a tad over protective of his sister and his thoughts on how she dresses. Maybe he is jealous. Sounds like that's the problem to me since you said he has a prob with the pics. Do you take equal numbers of him?
He's married and lives in a different state, lol. He's not jealous, he is just a little prudish lol. And very protective of sis.

OY!!!! WRONG!!! Little girls are just wanting to play grown up!! Now, girls that hit their teens..they want to keep up with their peers. And that means looking good for the boys. Same reason boys want to make sure they don't have mud on their faces when they want to meet up with a girl.
You have your age areas all mixed up, dude.

He's married and lives in a different state, lol. He's not jealous, he is just a little prudish lol. And very protective of sis.
Oh! I thought he was like 10 or 12 years old, lol. Sorry, my bad!

Now, think about this for a sec. What if it were a little boy combing his hair like dad, penciling in a beard and mustache, wearing dads oversized suit, the shoes, the tie. Is he at risk for a perv? No more than a little girl would be with makeup. Pervs look at the innocence and the body. Not what the body is wearing.

Again...there is a big difference between playing grown up and fixing your daughter up as a show girl and posting the pics on the internet.
And a little boy wearing his dads shoes and a tie is funny.
How would you feel if he were dressed up like this..
upload_2015-12-22_18-15-18.png

Well, I can understand that sentiment. That is the reason why, if I had a daughter, I would definitely play dress up with her, but I would probably not post the pictures to a site that can be accessed by the general public. A lot of moms would post such pictures because they think their daughters look cute or beautiful and have no ill intentions.

It's complex. We do have that protective streak toward females (of any age), that's true. But most of what I've read here seems to stem from the imagined (sexual) consequences of superficial appearance, which again points to fear of that power, whether in oneself or some stranger.

That's why I posed the question "what makes these guys think pedos are fixated on the same superficial appearances?" If that were all it took there would be a whole lot more pedophiling going on. I think it's more complex than that.

I wouldn't want to wear THAT much makeup only because it would be a PITA to take it all off at bedtime! Just not worth the time or effort to me to wear that much. Not to mention, it can clog your pores and cause breakouts.

Do any of you have any bathtub pictures or nude pictures of yourselves when you were children? I have a couple of bathtub pictures when I was a little girl. Never occurred to me that it was "perverted" in any way.
I have a bathtub pic of four of my kids ages 4-10 months and three or four of their cousins all in a tub together.

It's complex. We do have that protective streak toward females (of any age), that's true. But most of what I've read here seems to stem from the imagined (sexual) consequences of superficial appearance, which again points to fear of that power, whether in oneself or some stranger.

That's why I posed the question "what makes these guys think pedos are fixated on the same superficial appearances?" If that were all it took there would be a whole lot more pedophiling going on. I think it's more complex than that.

I think it would be the opposite in pedophiles in most cases. They are going after a youthful child-like appearance, so why would they look at a child who looks "adult-like" in the face because of some makeup?

Anyways, I think pedophilia (even if they do NOT act upon it) is a serious mental illness, so you really cannot compare their desires with anything on the "normal" spectrum. Sick bastards.

It's what got her killed ...
upload_2015-12-22_18-18-13.png

It is to make us more attractive to US. We like pretty things and like to look pretty. Well, some of us anyways. It is instinctual for a woman to want to look her best.

That was my understanding too -- women dress for other women, not for male egos.

Again...there is a big difference between playing grown up and fixing your daughter up as a show girl and posting the pics on the internet.
And a little boy wearing his dads shoes and a tie is funny.
How would you feel if he were dressed up like this..
View attachment 57689
I'd think he's hot, but way too young for me, lol.
Days have changed. We now have the internet. Girls that play dress up get put on the net. Where do you think I got the pics from that I posted? Google and Bing. Difference tech age now. Parents have to be careful. Or not.
Would I take a pic of my little girl playing dress up and post it here? Probably. Why? Cuz I wold want y'all to see how cute she looks. Its just play! I can't stay or be freaked out about MAYBE's when my kid wants to play and I want to show her off for that one time.

Forum List

Back