Should Blacks Pay Reparations To Whites?

It's ok if you don't want to answer. Just seems inconsistent with your pro-islamic rhetoric.

It's not ok if you don't want to answer. Are all transsexual, albino, conjoined twins illogical morons like you? What's up with that? Answer, unless you are a complete fucking transsexual, albino, conjoined coward.
How old did you say you were?

I didn't say. Now answer my question, coward.

It's not ok if you don't want to answer. Are all transsexual, albino, conjoined twins illogical morons like you? What's up with that? Answer, unless you are a complete fucking transsexual, albino, conjoined coward.
How old did you say you were?

I didn't say. Now answer my question, coward.
Fuck you. You want to contribute something to this thread or are you just gonna troll, asswipe?

625,000 men died fighting the civil war, almost all were white. More than half of them were Union soldiers. These men gave their lives and the beneficiaries of their sacrifice were slaves, who gained their freedom as a result. Should they not be required to pay reparations to the descendants of those men who gave their lives so that blacks could enjoy the freedom and prosperity they enjoy in today's society?

You are no doubt part of the GOP and I would venture to say a TEA PARTY supporter if not full member. This type of anger toward Blacks defines the Republican party of today(this is NOT Lincoln's Republicans). I will not even address this idea because I know the place it comes from.

You keep hating and the ones like me and my offspring will keep increasing our worth every generation and we will also pass down WHO fought us every step of the way.

He missed the part about black soldiers fighting in the civil war

The issues of emancipation and military service were intertwined from the onset of the Civil War. News from Fort Sumter set off a rush by free black men to enlist in U.S. military units. They were turned away, however, because a Federal law dating from 1792 barred Negroes from bearing arms for the U.S. army (although they had served in the American Revolution and in the War of 1812). In Boston disappointed would-be volunteers met and passed a resolution requesting that the Government modify its laws to permit their enlistment.

The Lincoln administration wrestled with the idea of authorizing the recruitment of black troops, concerned that such a move would prompt the border states to secede. When Gen. John C. Frémont (photo citation: 111-B-3756) in Missouri and Gen. David Hunter (photo citation: 111-B-3580) in South Carolina issued proclamations that emancipated slaves in their military regions and permitted them to enlist, their superiors sternly revoked their orders. By mid-1862, however, the escalating number of former slaves (contrabands), the declining number of white volunteers, and the increasingly pressing personnel needs of the Union Army pushed the Government into reconsidering the ban.

As a result, on July 17, 1862, Congress passed the Second Confiscation and Militia Act, freeing slaves who had masters in the Confederate Army. Two days later, slavery was abolished in the territories of the United States, and on July 22 President Lincoln (photo citation: 111-B-2323) presented the preliminary draft of the Emancipation Proclamation to his Cabinet. After the Union Army turned back Lee's first invasion of the North at Antietam, MD, and the Emancipation Proclamation was subsequently announced, black recruitment was pursued in earnest. Volunteers from South Carolina, Tennessee, and Massachusetts filled the first authorized black regiments. Recruitment was slow until black leaders such as Frederick Douglass (photo citation: 200-FL-22) encouraged black men to become soldiers to ensure eventual full citizenship. (Two of Douglass's own sons contributed to the war effort.) Volunteers began to respond, and in May 1863 the Government established the Bureau of Colored Troops to manage the burgeoning numbers of black soldiers.

By the end of the Civil War, roughly 179,000 black men (10% of the Union Army) served as soldiers in the U.S. Army and another 19,000 served in the Navy. Nearly 40,000 black soldiers died over the course of the war—30,000 of infection or disease. Black soldiers served in artillery and infantry and performed all noncombat support functions that sustain an army, as well. Black carpenters, chaplains, cooks, guards, laborers, nurses, scouts, spies, steamboat pilots, surgeons, and teamsters also contributed to the war cause. There were nearly 80 black commissioned officers. Black women, who could not formally join the Army, nonetheless served as nurses, spies, and scouts, the most famous being Harriet Tubman (photo citation: 200-HN-PIO-1), who scouted for the 2d South Carolina Volunteers.

Because of prejudice against them, black units were not used in combat as extensively as they might have been. Nevertheless, the soldiers served with distinction in a number of battles. Black infantrymen fought gallantly at Milliken's Bend, LA; Port Hudson, LA; Petersburg, VA; and Nashville, TN. The July 1863 assault on Fort Wagner, SC, in which the 54th Regiment of Massachusetts Volunteers lost two-thirds of their officers and half of their troops, was memorably dramatized in the film Glory. By war's end, 16 black soldiers had been awarded the Medal of Honor for their valor.

In addition to the perils of war faced by all Civil War soldiers, black soldiers faced additional problems stemming from racial prejudice. Racial discrimination was prevalent even in the North, and discriminatory practices permeated the U.S. military. Segregated units were formed with black enlisted men and typically commanded by white officers and black noncommissioned officers. The 54th Massachusetts was commanded by Robert Shaw and the 1st South Carolina by Thomas Wentworth Higginson—both white. In June 1864 Congress granted equal pay to the U.S. Colored Troops and made the action retroactive. Black soldiers received the same rations and supplies. In addition, they received comparable medical care.

The black troops, however, faced greater peril than white troops when captured by the Confederate Army. In 1863 the Confederate Congress threatened to punish severely officers of black troops and to enslave black soldiers. As a result, President Lincoln issued General Order 233, threatening reprisal on Confederate prisoners of war (POWs) for any mistreatment of black troops. Although the threat generally restrained the Confederates, black captives were typically treated more harshly than white captives. In perhaps the most heinous known example of abuse, Confederate soldiers shot to death black Union soldiers captured at the Fort Pillow, TN, engagement of 1864. Confederate General Nathan B. Forrest witnessed the massacre and did nothing to stop it.

The document featured with this article is a recruiting poster directed at black men during the Civil War. It refers to efforts by the Lincoln administration to provide equal pay for black soldiers and equal protection for black POWs. The original poster is located in the Records of the Adjutant General's Office, 1780's–1917, Record Group 94.

Article Citation

Freeman, Elsie, Wynell Burroughs Schamel, and Jean West. "The Fight for Equal Rights: A Recruiting Poster for Black Soldiers in the Civil War." Social Education 56, 2 (February 1992): 118-120. [Revised and updated in 1999 by Budge Weidman.]

Black Soldiers in the Civil War

And what of the transportation from Africa to America, who paid for that? And what of trades they were taught, I mean learning how to pick cotton requires a teacher and teachers had be paid. They were probably union teachers so they were paid lots of money. And all the other charges: food, lodging, medical care and so forth can all be added to the debt.

And what of the transportation from Africa to America, who paid for that? And what of trades they were taught, I mean learning how to pick cotton requires a teacher and teachers had be paid. They were probably union teachers so they were paid lots of money. And all the other charges: food, lodging, medical care and so forth can all be added to the debt.

I have a question for you,are you now or have you ever supported or been a member of the Tea Party or the GOP?

Im sure I will be shocked by the answer.

Not all Republicans are _but all_ sure are Republicans.

Last edited:
Very true

And as any racist worth his salt will tell you, we rescued them from the jungle

And your thread just got shot down in flames.
As usual, Swallow has nothing to contribute to the discussion.

And I am not going to contribute jiz to your mouth, cum gargler..

No matter how much you beg for a swallow.

So go back to servicing pro basketball players..like Sarah Palin.

Maybe you can find your "reparations" there.

:lol:

And your thread just got shot down in flames.
As usual, Swallow has nothing to contribute to the discussion.

And I am not going to contribute jiz to your mouth, cum gargler..

No matter how much you beg for a swallow.

So go back to servicing pro basketball players..like Sarah Palin.

Maybe you can find your "reparations" there.

:lol:
Note: You STILL have nothing to contribute.

Very true

And as any racist worth his salt will tell you, we rescued them from the jungle

and any racist worth his salt will admit to want to get even with whitey ASAP

The fact is that black people sold other black people into slavery, and white people fought and died to free them. Deal with it.

Reparations should not be paid to anyone.

This isn't a serious issue.

You are wrong Black people need to be paid.This country paid the Japs,native americans.So white you need to pay,pay,pay and pay some more.For all the atrocities you performed against Black people.

You are wrong Black people need to be paid.This country paid the Japs,native americans.So white you need to pay,pay,pay and pay some more.For all the atrocities you performed against Black people.
"Performed" atrocities? Sounds like you're talking about a play.

I'll pay you reparations.

But first, come mow my lawn and weed my garden. Then, I'll pay you $50 in reparations.

625,000 men died fighting the civil war, almost all were white. More than half of them were Union soldiers. These men gave their lives and the beneficiaries of their sacrifice were slaves, who gained their freedom as a result. Should they not be required to pay reparations to the descendants of those men who gave their lives so that blacks could enjoy the freedom and prosperity they enjoy in today's society?

Sure thing, ya dipshit! While we're at it, can we throw you in a cage, release you, then demand to be paid for the favor? :eusa_hand:

why would you ask for reparations from a group that is already having difficulties in achieving social success? they need more help not a penalty. we should stop saying that they deserve help because of past grievances though, and just help them because it is the right thing to do.

Sure thing, ya dipshit! While we're at it, can we throw you in a cage, release you, then demand to be paid for the favor? :eusa_hand:
The ones who freed you were not the same ones who threw you in a cage.

why would you ask for reparations from a group that is already having difficulties in achieving social success? they need more help not a penalty. we should stop saying that they deserve help because of past grievances though, and just help them because it is the right thing to do.
They've had enough help. How long do the taxpayers have to support them?

Forum List

Back