Should Burka be banned?

Should Burka be banned?

• Yes.

Votes: 36 51.4%
  • No.

Votes: 34 48.6%

• Total voters
It’s medevil and the idea that the woman needs to be spared “prying eyes” is ludicrous

Why don't you think that Americans- of any religion- should have to follow the law in the United States?

Muslims have to stop doing the things that break our laws?
Okay.

They won't be very happy about it...…..
What are they doing that breaks our laws Smiley?

Female genital mutilation.
The occasional honor killing.

You think every Muslim in America is having their girls circumsized?

Let me be very clear- I am all for arresting any parent or doctor in the United States who orders or performs female genital mutilation.

But not every Muslim in America because some Muslims believe in FGM.

And sadly FGM is not limited to just some Muslim communities- it happens in other communities too.

Clearly banning the Burka will somehow stop FGM also.......

No, not every Muslim in the US follows that barbaric Muslim practice.

Religious views on female genital mutilation - Wikipedia

Did you used to be a cop? What would you do if you pulled over someone wearing a burka? How could you tell if the person driving is the one on the ID since that too probably is covered with a burka.

I am a cop. It's not legal to drive with a burka because it obstructs vision. It's perfectly legal to drive with a hijab and a lot of women do where I work. If the identity of a burka-wearing woman needs to be confirmed, there are procedures in place for female officers to do the identification.
They can wear whatever floats their boat at their own home or once arrived at their mosque..whether in the USA or the ME. Not on our streets, not conducting business, not in America.
But that's just my opinion.

So, separate but equal?

I agree, we should pass an anti-burka law today.

You agree with who exactly?

I think that everyone in America should stop doing things that break our laws.

Why do you think that only applies to Muslims?

I agree, Muslims who mutilate their female children should serve long jail terms.

Why only Muslims who mutilate their girls?

Bigot much?

Yes, I'm bigoted against barbaric Muslims.
I'm bigoted against barbaric brain dead zombie troll bots

So you are a self loathing regressivepervert?
Thought as much.

In this country...we are free to dress as we wish, legally...with legally required minimum coverage. If a person wishes to wear an hijab, why not :dunno: When it comes to completely covering the face however, other issues come into play - public safety, cultural norms - being able to see faces particularly in public places, workplace safety etc and I can understand not allowing it. I think places have constraints on wearing masks in certain places. Europe has always been more restrictive of civil liberties than we have imo - whether it's free speech or banning religious artifacts. It's their country.

I find it fascinating that there are those on the Right applauding movements in some countries like France to prohibit open displays of religious observance.

Of course in France this doesn't apply just to Muslims- it applies to Jewish men's skull caps, Sikh turbans- and can even include wearing crosses.

Hmmmmm I hope that Sessions Task Force for Religious Freedom doesn't get sicced on all of these folks wanting to oppress Jews and Muslims and Christians and Sikhs.......lol

Have you been to France or majority Muslim countries?

It may be that it isn't just those on the right. Maybe the French don't want to have their country to be transformed into a Muslim country..

I have been to France multiple times. And?

France prohibits all open forms of religious displays- including niqabs, Jewish skull caps, Sikh turbans- and it can include Christian crosses.

Why do you want the United States to be more like France?

Some asshole countries require women to wear Burkas under penalty of law.

Some assholes in the United States want to require women not to wear Burkas under penalty of law.

Same kind of assholes- in both cases wanting to tell women what they must do.

I agree, Muslims who mutilate their female children should serve long jail terms.

Bigot much?

So you are a self loathing regressivepervert?
Thought as much.
:iyfyus.jpg::iyfyus.jpg::iyfyus.jpg::lame2:

Bigot much?

Clearly you are bigoted against Muslims specifically- since you are okay if anyone but a Muslim mutilates their girls.

Clearly you are bigoted against Muslims specifically

Absolutely. 100%.

since you are okay if anyone but a Muslim mutilates their girls.

Nope.

Bigot much?

We should import more Muzzies, eh?
They love guys like you.

Muslims have to stop doing the things that break our laws?
Okay.

They won't be very happy about it...…..
What are they doing that breaks our laws Smiley?

Female genital mutilation.
The occasional honor killing.

You think every Muslim in America is having their girls circumsized?

Let me be very clear- I am all for arresting any parent or doctor in the United States who orders or performs female genital mutilation.

But not every Muslim in America because some Muslims believe in FGM.

And sadly FGM is not limited to just some Muslim communities- it happens in other communities too.

Clearly banning the Burka will somehow stop FGM also.......

No, not every Muslim in the US follows that barbaric Muslim practice.

Religious views on female genital mutilation - Wikipedia

Thanks for the link.
Let's add those people to the list of, "Don't need you in the US" people.

My goal today is to get some hate from both sides of the burka debate, would love to ban them, think they are demining to woman, ugly, look like they would be hot & uncomfortable. is banning them illegal, is banning the moral thing to do, is it an infringement on religion,? probably yes. you have to look past your own personal feelings, look to how it would impact other things we don't like that could do more harm than help. I strongly dislike the burka,

Bigot much?

They love guys like you.

Keep the desperate and idiotic logical fallacies flying smiley. They are very entertaining.

This one is a non sequitur because your premise that my advocation for religious freedom is an indication that I want more I Muslims to come here is ridiculous. Big disconnect

For the same reason, it is a straw man because you are assigning and argument or position to me that I did not make.
Congratulations Two in one short brain fart

Last edited:
My goal today is to get some hate from both sides of the burka debate, would love to ban them, think they are demining to woman, ugly, look like they would be hot & uncomfortable. is banning them illegal, is banning the moral thing to do, is it an infringement on religion,? probably yes. you have to look past your own personal feelings, look to how it would impact other things we don't like that could do more harm than help. I strongly dislike the burka,

I agree with most of what you say and strongly dislike it also, but your position on it is unclear. Ban or not ban? If banning it, how does it square with the principle of religious freedom in this country?

I too strongly dislike the Burka- even more so I strongly disapprove of any society which forces a woman to wear one.

But I also don't think we should be a country which forces a woman not to wear one.

OK. For you assholes who voted no. Lets make it a rule that everyone in the US has to wear a ski mask and a hoodie and see how the next few days work out.
I'll be in the ladies dressing room at Bali Scandinavian. In the navy blue ski mask with the dark brown hoodie. What time does your wife go ?

If banning the burka also leads to a ban on motorcycle helmets, I may be persuaded to change my vote.

Bigot much?

Clearly you are bigoted against Muslims specifically- since you are okay if anyone but a Muslim mutilates their girls.

Clearly you are bigoted against Muslims specifically

Absolutely. 100%.

since you are okay if anyone but a Muslim mutilates their girls.

Nope.

I have given you several opportunities to condemn anyone who mutilates their girls.

So far you haven't been able to find the testicular fortitude to do so.

But thanks for admitting your a religious bigot- best you watch our for Jeff Sessions special police squad....

Bigot much?

They love guys like you.

Keep the desperate and idiotic logical fallacies flying smiley. They are very entertaining.

This one is a non sequitur because your premise that my advocation for religious freedom is an indication that I want more I Muslims to come here is ridiculous. Big disconnect

For the same reason, it is a straw man because you are assigning and argument or position to me that I did not make.
Congratulations Two in one short brain fart
Wearing the burqa is not a religious requirement and pilgrims to Mecca are even banned from wearing it, you useful idiot.

OK. For you assholes who voted no. Lets make it a rule that everyone in the US has to wear a ski mask and a hoodie and see how the next few days work out.
I'll be in the ladies dressing room at Bali Scandinavian. In the navy blue ski mask with the dark brown hoodie. What time does your wife go ?

If banning the burka also leads to a ban on motorcycle helmets, I may be persuaded to change my vote.
Motorcycle helmets help prevent head injuries.

Forum List

Back