Should Burka be banned?

Should Burka be banned?

• Yes.

Votes: 36 51.4%
  • No.

Votes: 34 48.6%

• Total voters
It’s medevil and the idea that the woman needs to be spared “prying eyes” is ludicrous
So you're opposed to religious freedom? Just for Muslims. ?
The burqa and niqab are not a religious requirement at all.

If you say so. I did not read the Quran. Did you? The fact is that some of them believe that it is a requirement and we are not a country that outlaws religious practices or that dictates how people may dress regardless.

OK. For you assholes who voted no. Lets make it a rule that everyone in the US has to wear a ski mask and a hoodie and see how the next few days work out.
I'll be in the ladies dressing room at Bali Scandinavian. In the navy blue ski mask with the dark brown hoodie. What time does your wife go ?

If banning the burka also leads to a ban on motorcycle helmets, I may be persuaded to change my vote.
Motorcycle helmets help prevent head injuries.

Burka's prevent skin cancer. I'm thinking of getting one.

OK. For you assholes who voted no. Lets make it a rule that everyone in the US has to wear a ski mask and a hoodie and see how the next few days work out.
I'll be in the ladies dressing room at Bali Scandinavian. In the navy blue ski mask with the dark brown hoodie. What time does your wife go ?

If banning the burka also leads to a ban on motorcycle helmets, I may be persuaded to change my vote.
It appears that there are a lot of folks on here who have had motorcycle accidents while not wearing a helmet

It’s medevil and the idea that the woman needs to be spared “prying eyes” is ludicrous

If you say so. I did not read the Quran. Did you? The fact is that some of them believe that it is a requirement and we are not a country that outlaws religious practices or that dictates how people may dress regardless.
Yes I have read the quran, and if you are going to insist xyz is a religious mandate perhaps you should read it and have some idea of what you’re ignorantly endorsing. Some of the women believe it is a requirement because their husbands, fathers and imams tell them it is in order to control them.
If you really cared about women’s rights you would not consider women being tricked into believing their bodies are shameful and that they are religiously mandated to shroud themselves as even remotely acceptable.

Senior British Imam backs Boris Johnson in burqa row and says the covering should be banned because it is a 'hideous tribal ninja-like garment that oppresses women'
  • Imam Taj Hargey of the Oxford Islamic Congregation defended Boris Johnson
  • He said the UK has been tricked into thinking the burqa is Islamic but it is not
  • Tory party has launched a formal investigation into Mr Johnson's comments
By KATE FERGUSON, POLITICAL CORRESPONDENT FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 18:08, 9 August 2018 | UPDATED: 18:53, 9 August 2018
View comments

A senior British Imam today backed Boris Johnson in the burqa row and said the oppressive face coverings should be banned.

Imam Taj Hargey, from the Oxford Islamic Congregation said the Tory MP has nothing to apologise for and 'did not go far enough' in his remarks...

Mr Hargey warned that the burqa has become trendy among more militants Islamists who peddle views which can be a gateway for religious extremism.

And he urged the UK to follow in the footsteps of other European countries like France and Denmark and ban the burqa.

Writing in The Times, he said: 'Boris Johnson should not apologise for telling the truth.'

He said the ex minister had reminded the country that the face mask 'has no Koranic legitimacy' but is 'a nefarious component of a trendy gateway theology for religious extremism and militant Islam'.

He added: 'The burqa and niqab are hideous tribal ninja-like garments that are pre-Islamic, non-Koranic and therefore un-Muslim.

'Although this deliberate identity-concealing contraption is banned at the Kaaba in Mecca it is permitted in Britain, thus precipitating security risks, accelerating vitamin D deficiency, endorsing gender-inequality and inhibiting community cohesion.'

He said that some backward-looking elements in the Muslim community have managed to persuade may in British society that it is in the Islamic faith for women to cover their faces.

But he said this must be challenged in Britain and that the state should step in to stop it.

He said: 'Johnson did not go far enough. If Britain is to become a fully integrated society then it is incumbent that cultural practices, personal preferences and communal customs that aggravate social division should be firmly resisted.

'For this reason Britain must emulate France, Belgium, Austria, Bulgaria and Denmark in banning the burqa.' ....

Senior British Imam backs Boris Johnson in burqa row | Daily Mail Online

Burka's prevent skin cancer. I'm thinking of getting one.
They cause vit D deficiency which contributes to some types of cancer :tongue:

It appears that there are a lot of folks on here who have had motorcycle accidents while not wearing a helmet
Is that what happened to you?

Of course you outlaw religious practices and interfere with peoples deeply held religious beliefs.
Bake that cake Christian!

Women of morals wear burkas...Only if they Want to be Treated like Vestal Virgins; persons of morals are civil.

Denmark has banned the outfit of woman hate:

Leftists and feminists, should we also ban this tool of oppression?

On a related note, congratulations to Denmark on finally growing some balls and standing up against the invasion!

Should the burka be banned?

No, but Islam probably should.

I'm an American, I'm a Conservative, and I'm a Jew ... all three of those things compel me to be vehemently against the curtailment of anyone's rights to worship, to dress, or to believe as they see fit.

Ok, how about now? Still feel the same about letting people dress how they want?

hqdefault.jpg

I think that everyone in America should stop doing things that break our laws.

I agree, Muslims who mutilate their female children should serve long jail terms.

Why only Muslims who mutilate their girls?

Bigot much?

Yes, I'm bigoted against barbaric Muslims.

Clearly you are bigoted against Muslims specifically- since you are okay if anyone but a Muslim mutilates their girls.

Clearly you are bigoted against Muslims specifically

Absolutely. 100%.

since you are okay if anyone but a Muslim mutilates their girls.

Nope.

I have given you several opportunities to condemn anyone who mutilates their girls.

So far you haven't been able to find the testicular fortitude to do so.

But thanks for admitting your a religious bigot- best you watch our for Jeff Sessions special police squad....

Anyone who follows the Muslim practice of female genital mutilation should be executed.
Even if they aren't Muslim.

Happy cupcake?

You'd have to have brain damage to support that Muslim travesty.

I'm an American, I'm a Conservative, and I'm a Jew ... all three of those things compel me to be vehemently against the curtailment of anyone's rights to worship, to dress, or to believe as they see fit.

Ok, how about now? Still feel the same about letting people dress how they want?

hqdefault.jpg

Imagine if we let good taste regulate our clothing choices.

Most of the malls in America would be shut down.

Do you allow people to walk the streets naked?

Do you allow people to walk the streets naked?

You don't have to ban public nudity. It's already covered by established laws prohibiting public nudity.

I don't think it's anyone's business how a person's religion compels them to dress...

8632576_2.jpg
Did you used to be a cop? What would you do if you pulled over someone wearing a burka? How could you tell if the person driving is the one on the ID since that too probably is covered with a burka.

There is no place in America for that shit. None.

I agree. This is America not some Middle East shithole where women are nothing but slaves.

If they don't like it they can go back to the shithole they crawled out of.
Sweetheart here are some facts for you...Muslim countries had 8 women presidents , while the US call every woman that comes close to be a president a nasty woman.
The oldest university ever was built by a Muslim woman before the US was even a country.
Muslim women are highly respected and protected...in the US 1 in 4 women was molested in her life time....women getting raped and killed is a daily occurrence....women are looked at as sex objects, women have 0 value that a pussy grabber managed to win the presidency.

Here's some facts for you.

Under Sharia law, which Muslims practice, woman are nothing but slaves.

They have no rights. They can be stoned, can be subjected to genital mutilation, have to dress in a slave costume and are pretty much at the whim of their husbands. Oh and they have arranged marriages. What a life,

Great life for any woman. Oh and they can have their pussy's grabbed and have 0 value.

Highly respected and valued?? You live in your own world. Women are chattel in the Muslim world.
Lies, lies , lies I'm a Muslim and I lived in a Muslim country....stop lying for gods sake....the only pussy grabber is the orange filth and he admitted, the only one who calls women nasty and gets a cheer is the orange.
Stooooop lying.

So people who come to this country must be stripped of every vestige of their heritage and culture and totally and instantly become just like us?? Really? Would it only apply to manner of dress or would it be extended to customs, holidays and cuisine? Would it apply equally to everyone ? What about Asian Indians who dress up in traditional garb to celebrate Rama Navam.??

So people who come to this country must be stripped of every vestige of their heritage and culture and totally and instantly become just like us?

You're right, Muslims who come here should be allowed to own slaves.
Just like at home, eh?
Don't want to claim our culture is any better than theirs.
That is fucking stupid!! I did not say that they should not live according to our legal structure. Ya know , the funny thing is that it semsto be the same right wing nuts who blather about religious freedom to allow Christians to discriminate against others in the name of God, also are unconcerned about religious freedom for non Christians. Fucking hypocrites

That is fucking stupid!!

I agree, your original point was fucking stupid.

What about female genital mutilation?
Just a cute little custom and we should mind our own business?
9 year old girls marrying? Is that a vestige we should allow?
Stoning adulterers? Throwing gays off buildings? Raping infidels?
I am a Muslim and all that shit you just listed is news to me lol. It's like those that I meet overseas and tell me how many gun shootings I witness in the US, or is everyone obese and dumb....or if all American women are whores.

I am a Muslim and all that shit you just listed is news to me

Really? None of those things happen in the Muslim world?
Throwing grays from building in all 56 Muslim countries?
Stoning to death ?
Go on you got all day show us proof of at least 5 Muslim countries that practice these punishments.

Yes I have read the quran, and if you are going to insist xyz is a religious mandate perhaps you should read it and have some idea of what you’re ignorantly endorsing. Some of the women believe it is a requirement because their husbands, fathers and imams tell them it is in order to control them.
I never insisted that it is a religious requirement and you know it . I said that I didn't know. And despite the contention that you read the Quran, you don't know either, because all of those 'holy books' are a bunch of convoluted horseshit that anyone can interpret any way that they want. I do agree that it is a way of controlling women, the same way that Christianity and all authoritarian, monotheistic religions do.

Forum List

Back