Should California just be its own country?

Sorry bout that,

1. I agree, let them sink or swim on their own.
  2. They are a drain on the rest of this nation, cut them fucking faggots OFF!
  3. No one in Texas will miss them, make it impossible for them to come here with out a passport, block them totally from buying ANYTHING here.
  4. That would make things so much better!
Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
Considering how little we'd miss Texas, your post is quite ironic.

Could never happen. Losing all shipping into the ports would put a major hole in the economy. Losing the military bases and those dependent on the military would be just more loss then they could handle.

They would be starting out drowning in debt and it would get worse when they found out how badly what ever currency they used was devalued.

Water and power would be at a premium. Import and export would cause most companies to fold or move.

All in all a dream which would be an epic fail.

To tell you the truth I don't give a shit.
Not interested in their welfare.
I'm pretty sure the shipping would find alternate routes pretty quickly.

Of course it would take a team of accountants six months to sort everything out... But on the macro it would appear that they are draining from us more than they are contributing. Hey maybe they could form an alliance with China and drain the living crap out of the Beijing coffers for a change.

Jo

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

1. I agree, let them sink or swim on their own.
  2. They are a drain on the rest of this nation, cut them fucking faggots OFF!
  3. No one in Texas will miss them, make it impossible for them to come here with out a passport, block them totally from buying ANYTHING here.
  4. That would make things so much better!
Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
Considering how little we'd miss Texas, your post is quite ironic.

It's settled then!

Jo

Californians fed up with housing costs and taxes are fleeing state in big numbers
  • More Californians are moving from the Golden State, particularly lower-income residents, although even middle-class residents are saying goodbye.
  • The trend is a symptom of the state's housing crunch and, for some, high taxes.
  • Census Bureau data show California lost just over 138,000 people to domestic migration in the 12 months ended in July 2017.
  • Lower-cost states such as Arizona, Texas and Nevada are popular destinations for relocating Californian
Californians fed up with housing costs and taxes are fleeing state in big numbers

I was one ^^^^^^^

-Geaux
Truthfully I can see nothing but good in letting them go.

Jo
California doesn't want a middle class? Only the poor and elite?

-Geaux

• More Californians are moving from the Golden State, particularly lower-income residents, although even middle-class residents are saying goodbye.
  • The trend is a symptom of the state's housing crunch and, for some, high taxes.
  • Census Bureau data show California lost just over 138,000 people to domestic migration in the 12 months ended in July 2017.
  • Lower-cost states such as Arizona, Texas and Nevada are popular destinations for relocating Californian

I was one ^^^^^^^

-Geaux
Truthfully I can see nothing but good in letting them go.

Jo
California doesn't want a middle class? Only the poor and elite?

-Geaux
Perhaps in all fairness we should be speaking about the two California's. The ruling class versus the population. Unfortunately when dealing with it as an entity it's difficult to separate the two.

Jo

Could never happen. Losing all shipping into the ports would put a major hole in the economy. Losing the military bases and those dependent on the military would be just more loss then they could handle.

They would be starting out drowning in debt and it would get worse when they found out how badly what ever currency they used was devalued.

Water and power would be at a premium. Import and export would cause most companies to fold or move.

Of course it would take a team of accountants six months to sort everything out... But on the macro it would appear that they are draining from us more than they are contributing. Hey maybe they could form an alliance with China and drain the living crap out of the Beijing coffers for a change.

Jo

As for shipping, there are other shipping docks (in Mexico) that could rival California. Long Beach/Port of LA is the major port on the West Coast. What is also truthful is the rail infrastructure that leaves the Port of LA/Long Beach. That alone would take decades to lay.

Jo

As for shipping, there are other shipping docks (in Mexico) that could rival California. Long Beach/Port of LA is the major port on the West Coast. What is also truthful is the rail infrastructure that leaves the Port of LA/Long Beach. That alone would take decades to lay.

There are large commercial ports in both Washington and Oregon.

Jo

Jo

Jo

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 8.04.17 AM.png

Yeah…ok. Good luck with that.

This only tells half the story. Once you unload the ship, the containers have to go somewhere….
Meanwhile, the ship is not going to go back to China or Singapore or Tokyo empty. There are containers to load as well.

Jo

Jo

View attachment 222734

This only tells half the story. Once you unload the ship, the containers have to go somewhere….
Meanwhile, the ship is not going to go back to China or Singapore or Tokyo empty. There are containers to load as well.

And?

Jo

Jo

Jo

View attachment 222734

And?

Jo

And….how do you get the containers to and from the port?

Jo

Jo

View attachment 222734

And?

Jo

There are a large commercial ports in Washington and Oregon. The largest retailer in North America does quite well from that quarter. No one is saying that there wouldn't be some loss or incinvinconve..but the rail
lines are very well-established to both of those areas. The amazing thing about Railroad....there's almost no limit to the size of the trains. In any case a revenue strapped California would be eager vend out their
Services. I don't see it as an impediment or even as a negative.

Jo

Jo

Jo

View attachment 222734

I used to live in Oxnard/ Port Hueneme area from 1979-2016. The car container ships came in like clockwork. I knew plenty folks who retired then got a gig driving the BMW's off the ships to the lots. DOLE was a big customer as well. Port Hueneme is a strategic port with military value. Only deep water port between Frisco and Long Beach. Regardless what CA does, the Fed's will never relinquish it

-Geaux

Jo

Jo

View attachment 222734

I used to live in Oxnard/ Port Hueneme area from 1979-2016. The car container ships came in like clockwork. I knew plenty folks who retired then got a gig driving the BMW's off the ships to the lots. DOLE was a big customer as well. Port Hueneme is a strategic port with military value. Only deep water port between Frisco and Long Beach. Regardless what CA does, the Fed's will never relinquish it

-Geaux

I'm sure the poster that I'm going back and forth with over the issue is correct about what he saying and inasmuch as the prowess of the shipping ports there.

We'll be facing the same scenario if Putin decided to unload several robot Subs with nuclear charges into the California coast.
There are other ways.

Jo

Jo

View attachment 222734

And?

Jo

There are a large commercial ports in Washington and Oregon. The largest retailer in North America does quite well from that quarter. No one is saying that there wouldn't be some loss or incinvinconve..but the rail
lines are very well-established to both of those areas. The amazing thing about Railroad....there's almost no limit to the size of the trains. In any case a revenue strapped California would be eager vend out their
Services. I don't see it as an impediment or even as a negative.

Jo

There is little real-world comparison between the ports of LA and Oakland and what you’re talking about. The rail component out of the PNW is something like an eighth of what it is in SOCAL.

As for vending out the services…so now you want not only to have to pay more for what is grown in California

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 8.50.57 AM.png

Not only do you want to lose all of the tax revenue from their growers exporting their goods over seas….

You want to pay more for the toys imported from China and Asian ports?

Jo

Jo

View attachment 222734

-Geaux

I'm sure the poster that I'm going back and forth with over the issue is correct about what he saying and inasmuch as the prowess of the shipping ports there.

We'll be facing the same scenario if Putin decided to unload several robot Subs with nuclear charges into the California coast.
There are other ways.

Jo
There are indeed. Let Mexico have Southern California except strategic ports.

-Geaux

I say let them go. As far as I know they take out of the government about as much as they give in. Now would be a good time to consider it ....there's no big loss. Let them keep their own revenues and pay toward their own needs. Once they're on the hook for the bill nobody will have to explain to them what unchecked immigration actually means.

Hillary can be the Presiden by popular vote and Feinstein can be the vice president with Nancy Pelosi as Secretary of State and Maxine Waters as ambassador to Planet of the Apes.

It's what they want anyway why deny them?

Jo
Let them join with Mexico. You can't tell the difference as it is

-Geaux
They would join Mexico whether they liked it or not.

They talk about Brexit being so terrible, but a California secession would destroy California pretty much instantly.

Their big touted economy would be nothing with lunatics and idiots running the state completely left to their own devices and no way to compensate for California's lack of essential resources.

I say let them go. As far as I know they take out of the government about as much as they give in. Now would be a good time to consider it ....there's no big loss. Let them keep their own revenues and pay toward their own needs. Once they're on the hook for the bill nobody will have to explain to them what unchecked immigration actually means.

Hillary can be the President by popular vote and Feinstein can be the vice president with Nancy Pelosi as Secretary of State and Maxine Waters as ambassador to the UN.

Jo

I think any state or group of states which want to leave should be allowed to leave. The South should have been allowed to leave IMO.

Hillary can be the President by popular vote and Feinstein can be the vice president with Nancy Pelosi as Secretary of State and Maxine Waters as ambassador to the UN.

Jo
The right’s California-envy is as pathetic as it is ridiculous.

Forum List

Back