🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Should Calling 911 Too Often Be Illegal?

Chuckt

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2013

Many communities have passed laws that threaten renters with eviction if they make too many 911 emergency calls.

But domestic violence advocates will argue in federal court Thursday that the laws endanger women and violate their free-speech rights.

Should Calling 911 Too Often Be Illegal? | NBC 10 Philadelphia

Test Case On 911 Calls, Evictions Set For Trial In Philadelphia « CBS Philly

An ordinance in the Philadelphia suburb fines landlords and orders them to evict tenants who make three 911 calls within four months. Norristown officials say the laws are designed to promote peaceful neighborhoods and discourage nuisance calls.

Test Case on 911 Calls, Evictions Set for Trial - ABC News

Basically the deal is that if you are female, you are more likely to be the victim of domestic abuse and if you are a renter, you can be evicted if your ex-boyfriend bothers you three times in four months which isn't a lot.

Cities don't want to pay money for officers, court, etc., so they're basically trying to get rid of the problem by passing laws that endanger the victim.

Recent news events and statements from liberals have made me decide to NEVER call. 911 again.
Apparently calling 911 is racist , so I won't do it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWe714xcfmw]Crazy Black Guy calls 911 - YouTube[/ame]

In my town, landlords are held accountable if there are too many police calls to their rental properties. I forget the exact numbers, but after X number of calls to a particular property, the landlord starts getting assessed fines, and they can get fairly significant.

With that in mind, you can hardly blame the landlord for evicting tenants who are going to cause him getting saddled with fines for the police having to be called the property too often. But our laws don't force the landlord to evict the tenants...that's up to the landlord. He can keep the troublemaking tenants but he will continued to be saddled with hefty fines if the police continue to be called to the property.

But, no, calling 911 should not be illegal...UNLESS your call is clearly frivilous or hostile, or if you call repeatedly for nonemergency reasons.

But if you have a real emergency going on you should be able to call regardless of how many calls you've made in the past. You may also want to take a good, hard look at your lifestyle.

Last edited:
I think fines for using the 911 system for stupid shit should be made higher. CT had a guy who called 911 because a deli owner wasn't making his sandwich right. But in cases of domestic violence,no because someone could end up dead.

If they want to increase fines or jail time for violation of restraining orders or pass a law that automatically takes a restraining order out on a person after so many calls to the house,that I would be in favor with. I gotta admit it ridiculous when a person gets the shit beat out of them repeatedly,calls the cops repeatedly and then lets said douchebag back in the house to do it all over again. If they aren't gonna do something about it the cops should be able to. A friend of mine was killed two years ago by her husband after she took him back one to many times. He stabbed her to death, damn near stabbed to death the family dog who tried to defend her and then hung himself. My sister also took her husband back after he stabbed her. People lose all sense when a emotion like love is involved. Why waste taxpayers money making 15 calls to the same house only to have the involved parties not press charges or take out a restraining order? Let the cops make the call and throw somebody's ass in jail until they decide it's not worth it any more and don't go back.

Last edited:

Many communities have passed laws that threaten renters with eviction if they make too many 911 emergency calls.

But domestic violence advocates will argue in federal court Thursday that the laws endanger women and violate their free-speech rights.

Should Calling 911 Too Often Be Illegal? | NBC 10 Philadelphia

Test Case On 911 Calls, Evictions Set For Trial In Philadelphia « CBS Philly

An ordinance in the Philadelphia suburb fines landlords and orders them to evict tenants who make three 911 calls within four months. Norristown officials say the laws are designed to promote peaceful neighborhoods and discourage nuisance calls.

Test Case on 911 Calls, Evictions Set for Trial - ABC News

Basically the deal is that if you are female, you are more likely to be the victim of domestic abuse and if you are a renter, you can be evicted if your ex-boyfriend bothers you three times in four months which isn't a lot.

Cities don't want to pay money for officers, court, etc., so they're basically trying to get rid of the problem by passing laws that endanger the victim.

If a woman has to make three 911 calls because her boyfriend or husband is beating her up there is a bigger problem than being evicted. She's choosing to stay with an abuser. There's a reason for that and calling 911 won't solve her problem.

I think fines for using the 911 system for stupid shit should be made higher. We had a guy who called 911 because a deli owner wasn't making his sandwich right. But in cases of domestic violence,no because someone could end up dead. If they want to increase fines or jail time for violation of restraining orders or pass a law that automatically takes a restraining order out on a person after so many calls to the house,that I would be in favor with. I gotta admit it ridiculous when a person gets the shit beat out of them repeatedly,calls the cops repeatedly and then lets said douchebag back in the house to do it all over again. If they aren't gonna do something about it the cops should be able to. A friend of mine was killed two years ago by her husband after she took him back one to many times. He stabbed her to death, damn near stabbed to death the family dog who tried to defend her and then hung himself.

While a tragedy, your friend's death was completely her own fault. She took him back one too many times.

Years ago I had a client who came in for a divorce after her husband beat her up. She wanted a divorce. Before I could get the papers completed she was back. They had patched it up. He was sorry. She had to forgive him, for her own good.

The next time she came back she was beaten up even worse than before. She refused to sign the divorce papers or the ones requesting a restraining order. He was sorry. He CRIED, he was so sorry. She came back again after another beating. Again she stopped the action. She forgave him.

The next time she came back, it was a beating that broke her jaw and her arm. When she called to tell me not to continue because a divorce would ruin his life I warned her. I told her he was escalating. This can only result in her death if she stayed. She stayed because THIS time he was serious. He was going to get counseling.

The next time she came back it was a couple of months later. While he was beating her, she fell into a glass coffee table and it broke. He picked up a shard and put out her left eye and slashed her face. THIS time she was really serious. This was IT. Nothing would stop this divorce.

But she forgave him. He told her they would take a vacation, just the two of them. He loved her more than ever. I told her that I would never see her again. He would kill her next time.

I never saw her again. I don't know whether he did kill her, or she was just too embarrassed to come back.

Women who stay with abusers are like drug addicts. There is something early in the relationship that sparks an addiction. Women keep chasing that feeling that they had at that time. Just like a heroin addict can't give up that first rush. He loves her. No one would ever love her like that again. It was complete devotion. They will endure anything if they could feel that way, that loved, again.

Calling the police does nothing. Half the time, the woman attacks the police officers who are threatening their man. Taking the women to shelters doesn't work. They will sneak out or worse, sneak their abuser in.

There is no solution for domestic violence.

The Zimmerman calls.
So after one call about a black committing a crime , he should wait until he has made 3 calls reporting whites.
Best ignore the black guy raping the girl behind the club house, huh?

Quotas in crime reporting, genius liberals, genius!!

I know of no situation where I would call the police in an emergency .
Calling 911 is racist.
I will stand by and chomp popcorn whilst I enjoy the free show!!

So let me get this straight. Someone breaks into my apartment while I'm in it and I call 911. A week later, my neighbor isn't answering his door and knowing he's in there, I call 911, they find him on the floor having had a heart attack. Two days later, a dog is threatening me and I can't leave my home so I call 911. Next day I call 911 because my other neighbor's house in on fire. Now I'm being arrested? Sounds stupid to me.

I think fines for using the 911 system for stupid shit should be made higher. CT had a guy who called 911 because a deli owner wasn't making his sandwich right. But in cases of domestic violence,no because someone could end up dead.

If they want to increase fines or jail time for violation of restraining orders or pass a law that automatically takes a restraining order out on a person after so many calls to the house,that I would be in favor with. I gotta admit it ridiculous when a person gets the shit beat out of them repeatedly,calls the cops repeatedly and then lets said douchebag back in the house to do it all over again. If they aren't gonna do something about it the cops should be able to. A friend of mine was killed two years ago by her husband after she took him back one to many times. He stabbed her to death, damn near stabbed to death the family dog who tried to defend her and then hung himself. My sister also took her husband back after he stabbed her. People lose all sense when a emotion like love is involved. Why waste taxpayers money making 15 calls to the same house only to have the involved parties not press charges or take out a restraining order? Let the cops make the call and throw somebody's ass in jail until they decide it's not worth it any more and don't go back.

I guess it depends on the state, then, because in my state the police are obligated to make an arrest when domestic violence occurs. Doesn't matter if the victim wants to press charges or not, the person is arrested and goes to jail. Oh, and a standard part of a domestic violence conviction is the person is not allowed to go back to the place where the assault occurred...including their own home. They have to stay away from the victim, so apparently a restraining order is imposed upon them as part of the penalty. Although that is negotiable, depending on the total circusmstances, first-time offender, etc.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight. Someone breaks into my apartment while I'm in it and I call 911. A week later, my neighbor isn't answering his door and knowing he's in there, I call 911, they find him on the floor having had a heart attack. Two days later, a dog is threatening me and I can't leave my home so I call 911. Next day I call 911 because my other neighbor's house in on fire. Now I'm being arrested? Sounds stupid to me.

You know damn well that's not what they're talking about.

I think fines for using the 911 system for stupid shit should be made higher. We had a guy who called 911 because a deli owner wasn't making his sandwich right. But in cases of domestic violence,no because someone could end up dead. If they want to increase fines or jail time for violation of restraining orders or pass a law that automatically takes a restraining order out on a person after so many calls to the house,that I would be in favor with. I gotta admit it ridiculous when a person gets the shit beat out of them repeatedly,calls the cops repeatedly and then lets said douchebag back in the house to do it all over again. If they aren't gonna do something about it the cops should be able to. A friend of mine was killed two years ago by her husband after she took him back one to many times. He stabbed her to death, damn near stabbed to death the family dog who tried to defend her and then hung himself.

While a tragedy, your friend's death was completely her own fault. She took him back one too many times.

Years ago I had a client who came in for a divorce after her husband beat her up. She wanted a divorce. Before I could get the papers completed she was back. They had patched it up. He was sorry. She had to forgive him, for her own good.

The next time she came back she was beaten up even worse than before. She refused to sign the divorce papers or the ones requesting a restraining order. He was sorry. He CRIED, he was so sorry. She came back again after another beating. Again she stopped the action. She forgave him.

The next time she came back, it was a beating that broke her jaw and her arm. When she called to tell me not to continue because a divorce would ruin his life I warned her. I told her he was escalating. This can only result in her death if she stayed. She stayed because THIS time he was serious. He was going to get counseling.

The next time she came back it was a couple of months later. While he was beating her, she fell into a glass coffee table and it broke. He picked up a shard and put out her left eye and slashed her face. THIS time she was really serious. This was IT. Nothing would stop this divorce.

But she forgave him. He told her they would take a vacation, just the two of them. He loved her more than ever. I told her that I would never see her again. He would kill her next time.

I never saw her again. I don't know whether he did kill her, or she was just too embarrassed to come back.

Women who stay with abusers are like drug addicts. There is something early in the relationship that sparks an addiction. Women keep chasing that feeling that they had at that time. Just like a heroin addict can't give up that first rush. He loves her. No one would ever love her like that again. It was complete devotion. They will endure anything if they could feel that way, that loved, again.

Calling the police does nothing. Half the time, the woman attacks the police officers who are threatening their man. Taking the women to shelters doesn't work. They will sneak out or worse, sneak their abuser in.

There is no solution for domestic violence.

It's not always so cut and dried. I lived with an abuser for 2 1/2 years when I was a young woman. I went to the emergency room twice because he'd hurt me. Most of the time he didn't really hurt me that bad, though. But he was scary. And I left him.

Borrowed money from my sister so I could have a down payment on an apartment. When he would be gone I went looking at apartments, on foot. I didn't even have a car at that time. Found an apartment and rented it. Then, one day while he was gone I called a cab and threw everything I could into it and went to my apartment.

A girlfriend who had a truck went back with me a week or so later to get the rest of my stuff. We didn't see him, good thing because she was ready and willing to kill him. :)

He knew where I worked but he never came around there. It was one thing to beat up a 5'1" 110 pound woman, but an office full of men...no, I'm sure he was afraid of that.

Actually, I have to thank him because he made me tough. I became very interested in self-defense after that, always kept a gun handy at home, took karate, learned to always be aware of my surroundings and prepared to act if attacked.

Women who haven't been punched around by a man have no idea how strong men are and how fast these attacks happen, but I know. So when I am out in a parking lot and a man gets within 50 feet of me I've got him in my sights. Aware of his every move. Ready to kill him if need be. (My karate instructor told us that little women can't afford to try and just "disable" someone. We're too small and if they get ahold of us we'll be defenseless. So he told us we just need to give it all we've got, go for the kill. We can't mess around. Then he grinned and said...don't tell anyone I told you that!) :)

Last edited:
I cannot think of anything more callous than blaming the victim; it does not matter how stupid you think the victim is.

I guess it depends on the state, then, because in my state the police are obligated to make an arrest when domestic violence occurs. Doesn't matter if the victim wants to press charges or not, the person is arrested and goes to jail. Oh, and a standard part of a domestic violence conviction is the person is not allowed to go back to the place where the assault occurred...including their own home. They have to stay away from the victim, so apparently a restraining order is imposed upon them as part of the penalty. Although that is negotiable, depending on the total circusmstances, first-time offender, etc.

Gotta love those laws!!
A guy can go back to a woman's home for a one night stand, do the deed, beg her to do the dominatrix thing, she leaves a bruise, he calls 911, she gets jailed, he lives rent free!!

Sounds like a gigolos dream!!!
Well second tier gigolos dream.
Not all gigolos are as proficient at achieving a gigolos dream as the worlds most successful gigolo........Jonn Kerry!:lol:

Solution: let your neighbor die, let the house next door burn. Not worth the risk.

Forum List

Back