Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings

• Yes, Denmark does it, the Scandinavians are enlightened

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 198 81.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
The tax break incentivizes procreation within marriage is what I mean. It is true, one parent can claim the child as the dependent and the other parent theoretically couldn't, but the system incentivizes both parents to claim the child as a dependent to get more tax credits..

No.

You are just wrong.

You can only claim a child as a dependent once. If the mother and father are separated, only one gets to claim the child as a dependent.

Marriage- as it is currently- does not 'incentivize' having children at all. I could come up with ways to make marriage incentivize having children- for instance married couples with children could get cash bonuses from the State that unmarried parents of children don't get- but that has never been done.
Now you are changing the goal posts and being dishonest. I am talking about married couples, not divorced couples. I am saying the tax structure incentivizes married couples to have children. Married couples, both father and mother, can claim the child as a dependent.

I didn't mention divorce or move any goal posts.

As I said:

You are just wrong.

You can only claim a child as a dependent once. If the mother and father are separated, only one gets to claim the child as a dependent.

Marriage- as it is currently- does not 'incentivize' having children at all. I could come up with ways to make marriage incentivize having children- for instance married couples with children could get cash bonuses from the State that unmarried parents of children don't get- but that has never been done
You just said when the mother and father are separated, again!

Sorry, you are simply wrong, dependent exemptions and for that matter child tax credits are given, whether the married couples, whether they file jointly, with a single head of household, or the mother and father do so on separate forms. In this way they incentivize married couples to have children.

Even if they didn't, they should, as it is smart policy.

I am pointing out that parents get the same credit for a dependent whether they are married- even if they are seperated. We only get to claim claim our dependents on one tax return.

There is no tax incentive for me to have children.

I agree that marriage helps protect my child and I would always prefer parents do marry.

Which is why I think you are wrong when you want to deny marriage to the children of gay couples.
The fact that you can claim a dependent even if you are divorced doesn't mean that married couples can't claim dependents or child tax credit, one doesn't negate the other. This is what you don't seem to understand. And honestly, I can't fix your stupidity here. The dependent claim, the child tax credit, is the incentive to have children, you couldn't get it without having children. This is simple stuff.

I would have preferred you didn't have kids. Hopefully your child can overcome the fact their father is a stupid, morally relativist, weak, feminine, faggot, but I don't like the odds.

No.

You are just wrong.

Marriage- as it is currently- does not 'incentivize' having children at all. I could come up with ways to make marriage incentivize having children- for instance married couples with children could get cash bonuses from the State that unmarried parents of children don't get- but that has never been done.
Now you are changing the goal posts and being dishonest. I am talking about married couples, not divorced couples. I am saying the tax structure incentivizes married couples to have children. Married couples, both father and mother, can claim the child as a dependent.

for instance married couples with children could get cash bonuses from the State that unmarried parents of children don't get- but that has never been done
That is a problem, part of the rise in single motherhood is the incenvization through tax credits of such anti-social behavior.

Appears then that you have an issue with heterosexuals then.
No, I have a problem with birth out of wedlock. What a dumb thing to say. But you know that.
That you have a 'problem' with birth out of wedlock has no bearing whatsoever on the protected rights of gay Americans.

That you have a 'problem' with birth out of wedlock has no bearing whatsoever on the protected rights of any class of Americans, for that matter – as your 'problem' is subjective and irrelevant, a foul manifestation of the authoritarian right.

for instance married couples with children could get cash bonuses from the State that unmarried parents of children don't get- but that has never been done
That is a problem, part of the rise in single motherhood is the incenvization through tax credits of such anti-social behavior.

No, I have a problem with birth out of wedlock. What a dumb thing to say. But you know that.

And who is responsible for most birth out of wedlock- heterosexuals or homosexuals?
obviously heterosexuals.

What is your point, that homosexuality is preferable as a lifestyle, or less socially destructive? Look, if you are trying to find a way to legitimize your closet homosexuality, you shouldn't be doing it on the internet to some stranger.

Hmmm so you would make it illegal for homosexuals to give birth to children?

Or would you have the government remove them from their homes if they did give birth? And add them to the list of children in foster care?

And all of those unadopted. children? You know- the children who are available for adoption, but languish for an average of 3 years in foster care before being adopted? You prefer them in foster care rather than 'risk' them with a gay couple who wants to bring them in with their family?

And the thousands of children who age out of foster care- with no family for financial or emotional support? You prefer that they get aged out of the system to live on the street rather than have a family that wants to be part of their lives for the rest of their lives?

Curious minds would like to know.

Gays don't just adopt children from foster care, they adopt them from single moms, unmarried couples, from overseas. So no, I reject your premise that they will all languish in US foster care. It simply isn't true.

Every American child that is adopted by anyone in the United States is a child that is out of foster care- and not going to be aged out of the system onto the streets.
Well one, not every child adopted is American. Two, that is simply wrong, many children are adopted privately.

The Differences Between Private and Foster Care Adoption

And you conveniently ignore my post.

Every American child that is adopted by anyone in the United States is a child that is out of foster care- and not going to be aged out of the system onto the streets.

Facts and Statistics

In the U.S. 397,122 children are living without permanent families in the foster care system. 101,666 of these children are eligible for adoption, but nearly 32% of these children will wait over three years in foster care before being adopted.

In 2012, 23,396 youth aged out of the U.S. foster care system without the emotional and financial support necessary to succeed. Nearly 40% had been homeless or couch surfed, nearly 60% of young men had been convicted of a crime, and only 48% were employed. 75% of women and 33% of men receive government benefits to meet basic needs. 50% of all youth who aged out were involved in substance use and 17% of the females were pregnant.

Three years is the average length of time a child in foster care waits to be adopted. Roughly 55% of these children have had three or more placements. An earlier study found that 33% of children had changed elementary schools five or more times, losing relationships and falling behind educationally.

Yet to you- all of that is better than letting a single child be adopted by a loving gay couple.
I didn't ignore your post, what you said simply isn't true. not every child adopted by an American couple is American, and not every American child is adopted through foster care. So you are the one ignoring my post, not me ignoring you. As far as your numbers. If the government wanted to encourage adoption, they could do it without putting children in vulnerable situations with homosexuals who are on average, poorer, more likely to molest, suicidal, and mentally ill in general. Provide tax credits like they do for people who have children. There are several ways to remedy this if this is an issue.

What I said was true- you just ignored what I said.

In the U.S. 397,122 children are living without permanent families in the foster care system. 101,666 of these children are eligible for adoption, but nearly 32% of these children will wait over three years in foster care before being adopted..

Any of these children adopted by a gay couple would be out of foster care, and would no longer be part of those statistics. But that is not important to you.

In 2012, 23,396 youth aged out of the U.S. foster care system without the emotional and financial support necessary to succeed. Nearly 40% had been homeless or couch surfed, nearly 60% of young men had been convicted of a crime, and only 48% were employed. 75% of women and 33% of men receive government benefits to meet basic needs. 50% of all youth who aged out were involved in substance use and 17% of the females were pregnant.

Any of these children adopted by a gay couple would not be aging out of the system and would have a family for emotional and financial support.

You do not want a single one of those children rescued from foster care or aging out of the system by any gay people.

with homosexuals who are on average, poorer,

Would you deny adoption to straight couples from say Arkansas because on average they are 'poorer'?

But of course that claim is false also

Gay people earn more owe less - Dec. 6 2012

Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender peopleare better at managing their money than the average American, new research shows.
They earn more, save more, have less debt and are better prepared for retirement, according to a Prudential survey of more than 1,000 LGBT respondents.
Respondents not only reported significantly higher annual incomes -- $61,500 compared with the national median of $50,054 -- but they also carried about $4,000 less in debt than the average American and had $6,000 more in household savings. They were even slightly more likely to have jobs in the first place, with an unemployment rate of 7% versus the national rate of 7.9%, Prudential found.

Men are more likely to molest than women- all men- all women- this is absolute- men are the molesters up to 98% of the time. Would you deny men or couples with men in them because they are more likely to molest?

Suicidal? Would you deny adoption to people who come from industries with a higher rate of suicide- just in case? Same thing with mental illness. What about if they come from states with higher suicide rates?

These are standards you apply to homosexuals- and do not apply to heterosexuals.

Because your concern is not about the welfare of the children.

It is about your issues with homosexuals.

That you have a 'problem' with birth out of wedlock has no bearing whatsoever on the protected rights of gay Americans.

That you have a 'problem' with birth out of wedlock has no bearing whatsoever on the protected rights of any class of Americans, for that matter – as your 'problem' is subjective and irrelevant, a foul manifestation of the authoritarian right.
Individuals don't have rights based on their sexuality. "Gay rights" certainly aren't protected by the Constitution, what nonsense.

The only subjective one here is you, trying to pervert marriage and redefine it.

And who is responsible for most birth out of wedlock- heterosexuals or homosexuals?
obviously heterosexuals.

What is your point, that homosexuality is preferable as a lifestyle, or less socially destructive? Look, if you are trying to find a way to legitimize your closet homosexuality, you shouldn't be doing it on the internet to some stranger.

LOL....what a lame attempt at attacking me. I guess you are getting a little too challenged by my use of facts and logic.

You brought up the issue of marriage laws and single parenting. I was pointing out that is a predominately heterosexual issue- not a homosexual issue.

My wife and I are raising our child. That is what i think parents should do- whether they are gay or straight.

You, though, are in favor of the government taking children away from gay parents.

And leaving them in foster care. Or on the streets.

Gays don't just adopt children from foster care, they adopt them from single moms, unmarried couples, from overseas. So no, I reject your premise that they will all languish in US foster care. It simply isn't true.

Well one, not every child adopted is American. Two, that is simply wrong, many children are adopted privately.

Facts and Statistics

In the U.S. 397,122 children are living without permanent families in the foster care system. 101,666 of these children are eligible for adoption, but nearly 32% of these children will wait over three years in foster care before being adopted.

Three years is the average length of time a child in foster care waits to be adopted. Roughly 55% of these children have had three or more placements. An earlier study found that 33% of children had changed elementary schools five or more times, losing relationships and falling behind educationally.

Yet to you- all of that is better than letting a single child be adopted by a loving gay couple.
I didn't ignore your post, what you said simply isn't true. not every child adopted by an American couple is American, and not every American child is adopted through foster care. So you are the one ignoring my post, not me ignoring you. As far as your numbers. If the government wanted to encourage adoption, they could do it without putting children in vulnerable situations with homosexuals who are on average, poorer, more likely to molest, suicidal, and mentally ill in general. Provide tax credits like they do for people who have children. There are several ways to remedy this if this is an issue.

In the U.S. 397,122 children are living without permanent families in the foster care system. 101,666 of these children are eligible for adoption, but nearly 32% of these children will wait over three years in foster care before being adopted..

Any of these children adopted by a gay couple would be out of foster care, and would no longer be part of those statistics. But that is not important to you.

Any of these children adopted by a gay couple would not be aging out of the system and would have a family for emotional and financial support.

You do not want a single one of those children rescued from foster care or aging out of the system by any gay people.

Would you deny adoption to straight couples from say Arkansas because on average they are 'poorer'?

Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender peopleare better at managing their money than the average American, new research shows.
They earn more, save more, have less debt and are better prepared for retirement, according to a Prudential survey of more than 1,000 LGBT respondents.
Respondents not only reported significantly higher annual incomes -- $61,500 compared with the national median of $50,054 -- but they also carried about $4,000 less in debt than the average American and had $6,000 more in household savings. They were even slightly more likely to have jobs in the first place, with an unemployment rate of 7% versus the national rate of 7.9%, Prudential found.

Men are more likely to molest than women- all men- all women- this is absolute- men are the molesters up to 98% of the time. Would you deny men or couples with men in them because they are more likely to molest?

Suicidal? Would you deny adoption to people who come from industries with a higher rate of suicide- just in case? Same thing with mental illness. What about if they come from states with higher suicide rates?

These are standards you apply to homosexuals- and do not apply to heterosexuals.

These kinds of statistics are so stupid. Regardless of which side posts them.

Facts and Statistics

Thanks for sharing.

Facts and Statistics

Thanks for sharing.

god it pisses me off when i do that. Usually i catch it , but sometimes..................

Facts and Statistics

Thanks for sharing.

god it pisses me off when i do that. Usually i catch it , but sometimes..................

LOL

Thanks for sharing.

LOL

I can't be the only one. LOL

A homosexual couple can't give birth to children. I don't need to make it illegal. I think what you mean is should it be illegal for homosexual couples to use surrogates or in vitro fertilization? Correct me if I am wrong. Yes, I think it should be illegal. It isn't the purview of the Federal Government, but yes, if it were a state initiative or I were a state representative and a law came to vote, I would support it..

Why am I not surprised that you would intrude the government into decisions on child bearing?

Long before modern techniques, lesbians would get sperm donations from male friends and get impregnated.

Now is it a specific Conservative doctrine to remove a child from its mother simply because she is queer- or is that your own particular cry for Big Brother?

And who raises those children then- does Big Brother choose what fine I mean straight families would be required to raise these children? Or just dump them on foster homes?
But you don't mind using big brother to enforce your corrupt laws when you target Christian businesses. You have a glaring hypocrisy problem.

The difference between you and I is that I ask "Big Brother" to enforce public accomodation laws- you want Big Brother to police Americans bedrooms.
Oh, bullshit. If you didn't have a bag full of false narratives and straw men you wouldn't have anything.
The difference between you and I is that I ask "Big Brother" to enforce public accomodation laws- you want Big Brother to police Americans bedrooms
Go fuck your sick self.

Why am I not surprised that you would intrude the government into decisions on child bearing?

Long before modern techniques, lesbians would get sperm donations from male friends and get impregnated.

Now is it a specific Conservative doctrine to remove a child from its mother simply because she is queer- or is that your own particular cry for Big Brother?

And who raises those children then- does Big Brother choose what fine I mean straight families would be required to raise these children? Or just dump them on foster homes?
But you don't mind using big brother to enforce your corrupt laws when you target Christian businesses. You have a glaring hypocrisy problem.

The difference between you and I is that I ask "Big Brother" to enforce public accomodation laws- you want Big Brother to police Americans bedrooms.
Oh, bullshit. If you didn't have a bag full of false narratives and straw men you wouldn't have anything.
The difference between you and I is that I ask "Big Brother" to enforce public accomodation laws- you want Big Brother to police Americans bedrooms
Go fuck your sick self.

Oh quit fantasizing about me. I am happily married and not into homophobic bigots.

Your both fascist fags , I see no difference in the two stances.

Of course you don't.

Hmmm so you would make it illegal for homosexuals to give birth to children?

Or would you have the government remove them from their homes if they did give birth? And add them to the list of children in foster care?

And all of those unadopted. children? You know- the children who are available for adoption, but languish for an average of 3 years in foster care before being adopted? You prefer them in foster care rather than 'risk' them with a gay couple who wants to bring them in with their family?

And the thousands of children who age out of foster care- with no family for financial or emotional support? You prefer that they get aged out of the system to live on the street rather than have a family that wants to be part of their lives for the rest of their lives?

Curious minds would like to know.

Facts and Statistics

I didn't ignore your post, what you said simply isn't true..

Facts and Statistics

Facts and Statistics

Well, obviously I have a problem with homosexuality, it is a degenerate and socially destructive lifestyle. I don't think homosexuals shouldn't be prohibited from adopting just because they are on average poorer and their children are as well, that is one reason. You need to get with the program, are incredibly repressive society is what keeps gays poorer than heterosexuals. You aren't even on with the correct left wing message at the moment.
LGBT Parenting in the United States Williams Institute
LGBT poverty Gay and lesbian couples are poorer than straight ones.

Also, you are simply wrong, children from single parent and homosexual households are far more likely to have been physically and sexually abused. So your claim is wrong.
Chapter Five What Factors Contribute to Child Abuse and Neglect
How different are the adult children of parents who have same-sex relationships Findings from the New Family Structures Study
Same-sex parenting and children s outcomes A closer examination of the American psychological association s brief on lesbian and gay parenting

It isn't just an issue of suicide rate. But on pure suicide rates, the most suicidal profession, physicians, are 1.87 times the average. Whereas LGBT youth for example are 4 to 6 times the average. Totally different degree of severity. Also whereas physicians aren't inherently suicidal, there is a strong link between homosexuality and mental illness that triggers suicidal tendencies.
Highest Suicide Rate by Profession New Health Guide
Higher Risk of Mental Health Problems for Homosexuals Psych Central
http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/pdf/ss/ss60e0606.pdf

Honestly guy, you are out of your depth here. You are essentially ceding to my arguments but admitting you don't care. You put your egalitarian pathology above care for children.

Your both fascist fags , I see no difference in the two stances.

Of course you don't.

There IS no difference. In EITHER case you are both asking the government to tell someone they can't do something.

You're a bright guy, so I assume you know this, therefor I must assume you are deliberately denying it.

Unless of course, you are telling me that I am wrong and you aren't that bright????

obviously heterosexuals.

LOL....what a lame attempt at attacking me. I guess you are getting a little too challenged by my use of facts and logic.

You brought up the issue of marriage laws and single parenting. I was pointing out that is a predominately heterosexual issue- not a homosexual issue.

My wife and I are raising our child. That is what i think parents should do- whether they are gay or straight.

You, though, are in favor of the government taking children away from gay parents.

And leaving them in foster care. Or on the streets.
What facts? You made an absolute non-point, and unrelated point. What you are insinuating is that somehow because increasingly heterosexual couples are having children of of wedlock, I should support gay marriage. Since one socially destructive behavior is on the rise, I am somehow compelled to support the rise of another?

Go fuck your sick self.

Oh quit fantasizing about me. I am happily married and not into homophobic bigots.
You're very ill. Hateful Christophobic bigot.

And there you go with the strawman again, saying , I want to take adopted children out of their homes. Obviously at this point, I support no such thing, and never have. I said from this point forward the practice should be banned. I don't want to amplify the trauma the child is already experiencing. You mischaracterizing me and attacking a position I don't have. As though you are somehow the decent a responsible one, when you support continuing to allow statistically speaking, more sexually depraved, mentally ill, and suicidal people to have access to children cause you believe in "equality!".

Forum List

Back