Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings

• Yes, Denmark does it, the Scandinavians are enlightened

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 198 81.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
Again, don't confuse the process with the result.

While you may enjoy the secular laws now with you sexual deviance, God's laws will be the only thing that matters eventually. The secular ones mean nothing to Him. Good luck munching that carpet when it's hot.

When speaking of the law, the legal definitions matter.

You're speaking of procedural requirements. A church isn't something simply because of what it is but what it DOES. People like you won't ever understand that because you look at it from a secular viewpoint and religion isn't secular.

I'm speaking of the legal definition of a church in a discussion of churches being forced to accommodate homosexual weddings by Public Accommodation laws.

You can imagine a church to be anything you want it to be. But the only definition relevant to the law is the law's definition.

You continue to confuse the list of things a body of people wantingn to become a church must meet. When they meet those things, that body of people is the church not the list.

No, I continue to recognize that in a discussion of the law, legal definitions are relevant. Whatever you want to make up isn't.

And a church has a legal definition. You are more than welcome to imagine whatever additional definitions you like. But they have no relevance to a discussion of the law.

You recognize the process to become one not in being one.

When speaking of the law, the legal definitions matter.

You're speaking of procedural requirements. A church isn't something simply because of what it is but what it DOES. People like you won't ever understand that because you look at it from a secular viewpoint and religion isn't secular.

I'm speaking of the legal definition of a church in a discussion of churches being forced to accommodate homosexual weddings by Public Accommodation laws.

You can imagine a church to be anything you want it to be. But the only definition relevant to the law is the law's definition.

You continue to confuse the list of things a body of people wantingn to become a church must meet. When they meet those things, that body of people is the church not the list.

No, I continue to recognize that in a discussion of the law, legal definitions are relevant. Whatever you want to make up isn't.

And a church has a legal definition. You are more than welcome to imagine whatever additional definitions you like. But they have no relevance to a discussion of the law.

I recognize the legal definition of a church has being relevant to the application of the law. I don't recognize your personal definition of a church as being relevant to the application of the law.

Sorry, Conservative....but the law isn't bound to whatever you make up. Your personal definitions are irrelevant to the application of the law.

I recognize the legal definition of a church has being relevant to the application of the law. I don't recognize your personal definition of a church as being relevant to the application of the law.

Sorry, Conservative....but the law isn't bound to whatever you make up. Your personal definitions are irrelevant to the application of the law.

I don't recognize your faggot existence as anything but a second class individual.

I don't recognize your faggot existence as anything but a second class individual.

You don't need to. The law recognizes gays and lesbians are having the same rights and freedoms as anyone else.

You're more than welcome to your personal opinions, perceptions, beliefs and definitions. No one really gives a shit.

You don't need to. The law recognizes gays and lesbians are having the same rights and freedoms as anyone else.

You're more than welcome to your personal opinions, perceptions, beliefs and definitions. No one really gives a shit.

No one but your second class kind gives a shit about what you are. You've made a lifestyle choice to be beneath me and always will be .

No one but your second class kind gives a shit about what you are. You've made a lifestyle choice to be beneath me and always will be .

Whatever. Your personal opinion really don't matter on this issue. Its the law and court's findings that matter. And under the law, gays and lesbians have the same rights and freedoms as everyone else.

Whatever. Your personal opinion really don't matter on this issue. Its the law and court's findings that matter. And under the law, gays and lesbians have the same rights and freedoms as everyone else.

Have what you want. You're still beneath me homo.

You keep having your fantasies about having homosexuals 'beneath you'. And gays and lesbians will keep enjoying equal protection under the law.

Sounds like a win-win to me!

Obvious nonsense. A person is no more a church than a hub cap is a car. Holding a business to PA laws does not mean that churches are held to PA laws. As churches aren't businesses.

Try as you might, PA laws simply don't apply to churches. Churches and religious corporations are explicitly exempted.

hmmm... *Thumbs through Constitution*.... still cannot find "Freedom of Church" in here... all it says is freedom of the exercise of religion. Hey, aren't individuals the ones that are religious? I've never seen a church building genuflect before.

You don't get to ignore any law you don't like on religious grounds. We don't have theocratic anarchy. We're a constitutional republic. And the laws being applied to you are the same ones being applied to everyone else.

As for churches, they aren't being forced to accommodate weddings. PA laws don't apply to churches. And try as you might to claim otherwise, a person is not a church.

What is a church?

Once again- I am glad to quote from the Colorado PA laws which specifies the specific exemptions

(1) As used in this part 6, "place of public accommodation" means any place of business engaged in any sales to the public and any place offering services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations to the public, including but not limited to any business offering wholesale or retail sales to the public; any place to eat, drink, sleep, or rest, or any combination thereof; any sporting or recreational area and facility; any public transportation facility; a barber shop, bathhouse, swimming pool, bath, steam or massage parlor, gymnasium, or other establishment conducted to serve the health, appearance, or physical condition of a person; a campsite or trailer camp; a dispensary, clinic, hospital, convalescent home, or other institution for the sick, ailing, aged, or infirm; a mortuary, undertaking parlor, or cemetery; an educational institution; or any public building, park, arena, theater, hall, auditorium, museum, library, exhibit, or public facility of any kind whether indoor or outdoor.

"Place of public accommodation" shall not include a church, synagogue, mosque, or other place that is principally used for religious purposes.

The law defines a church. A person is not a church.

What Constitutes a Church Under Federal Laws legalzoom.com

God defines a church. The people are the church not the buildings or anything else.

You're free to believe that, but in America a church is clearly defined by law.
Don't confuse requirements of what a body of people wanting to be considered a church must meet with what a church is. The regulations can be there all day long and mean nothing until that body of people, what is truly the church under God's law, decided to apply them.

You can believe whatever you want....but you must follow the secular laws. A person is not a church until the legal requirements are met.

While you may enjoy the secular laws now with you sexual deviance, God's laws will be the only thing that matters eventually. The secular ones mean nothing to Him. Good luck munching that carpet when it's hot.

Ah nothing is more 'Christian' than having a poster say your going to hell.

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

You don't get to ignore any law you don't like on religious grounds. We don't have theocratic anarchy. We're a constitutional republic. And the laws being applied to you are the same ones being applied to everyone else.

As for churches, they aren't being forced to accommodate weddings. PA laws don't apply to churches. And try as you might to claim otherwise, a person is not a church.

What is a church?

By and large, a religious corporation.

Shows how little you know moron. Bet you think the church includes the buildings.

God defines a church. The people are the church not the buildings or anything else.

Really? Well we have a problem then.

See there are legal exemptions for churches and other houses of worship- and if we have to leave it to God to tell us which is really a church....well he hasn't been available for consultation for a couple thousand years(I mean if you believe that sort of thing).....

I would stick with the legal definition instead.

What is a church?

Shows how little you know moron. Bet you think the church includes the buildings.

See there are legal exemptions for churches and other houses of worship- and if we have to leave it to God to tell us which is really a church....well he hasn't been available for consultation for a couple thousand years(I mean if you believe that sort of thing).....

I can look at God's word to see how He defines a church.

Don't confuse requirements of what a body of people wanting to be considered a church must meet with what a church is. The regulations can be there all day long and mean nothing until that body of people, what is truly the church under God's law, decided to apply them.

You can believe whatever you want....but you must follow the secular laws. A person is not a church until the legal requirements are met.

I'm not saying. Just passing along what has already been said.

Obvious nonsense. A person is no more a church than a hub cap is a car. Holding a business to PA laws does not mean that churches are held to PA laws. As churches aren't businesses.

Try as you might, PA laws simply don't apply to churches. Churches and religious corporations are explicitly exempted.

hmmm... *Thumbs through Constitution*.... still cannot find "Freedom of Church" in here... all it says is freedom of the exercise of religion. Hey, aren't individuals the ones that are religious? I've never seen a church building genuflect before.

What is a church?

Once again- I am glad to quote from the Colorado PA laws which specifies the specific exemptions

(1) As used in this part 6, "place of public accommodation" means any place of business engaged in any sales to the public and any place offering services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations to the public, including but not limited to any business offering wholesale or retail sales to the public; any place to eat, drink, sleep, or rest, or any combination thereof; any sporting or recreational area and facility; any public transportation facility; a barber shop, bathhouse, swimming pool, bath, steam or massage parlor, gymnasium, or other establishment conducted to serve the health, appearance, or physical condition of a person; a campsite or trailer camp; a dispensary, clinic, hospital, convalescent home, or other institution for the sick, ailing, aged, or infirm; a mortuary, undertaking parlor, or cemetery; an educational institution; or any public building, park, arena, theater, hall, auditorium, museum, library, exhibit, or public facility of any kind whether indoor or outdoor.

"Place of public accommodation" shall not include a church, synagogue, mosque, or other place that is principally used for religious purposes.

Once again, my State's law said marriage was between a man and a woman. A judge overruled it. I didn't think that would happen but you seem to think it can't happen with PA laws. I can post what my State has on its books. Means nothing when judges come in an change what the people supported. May not happen tomorrow or a year from now but don't be stupid enough to believe it can't.

Okay- well legally 'churches'- and all houses of worship are treated differently than business'.

How does God define a synogogue? How does God define a Mosque? How does God define a Buddhist Temple?

And does the government come to you each time to tell them whether that institution meets God's word?

Okay- well legally 'churches'- and all houses of worship are treated differently than business'.

How does God define a synogogue? How does God define a Mosque? How does God define a Buddhist Temple?

And does the government come to you each time to tell them whether that institution meets God's word?

God doesn't define a mosque. It's Islam. You'll have to ask the pedophile that started it. God isn't a Buddhist. You'll have to ask one.

In some areas, churches are treated exactly like non-religious businesses. Bet you can't figure out in what areas?

What is a church?

Once again, my State's law said marriage was between a man and a woman. A judge overruled it. I didn't think that would happen but you seem to think it can't happen with PA laws. I can post what my State has on its books. Means nothing when judges come in an change what the people supported. May not happen tomorrow or a year from now but don't be stupid enough to believe it can't.

The only thing that a court could do is find the PA law itself unconstitutional- which would eliminate the problem.

The reality is that PA laws have been in effect since the 1964 Civil Rights Act- and in those 50 years- no one has successfully sued any Church for refusing to perform any religious rituals on anyone the church refuses to do. And that includes the Church of Latter Day Saints who did not provide fully equality within the church to African Americans- and that includes the Catholic Church which does not allow women in the priesthood.

I'm not saying. Just passing along what has already been said.

And I am saying

God doesn't define a mosque. It's Islam. You'll have to ask the pedophile that started it. God isn't a Buddhist. You'll have to ask one.

Yet legally a church is exactly the same thing as a temple, is exactly the same thing as a mosque- and the same laws applies to all houses of worship- regardless of which God you happen to believe in.

Who decides which house of worship is a bonavide house of worship- you? Me? Or the law?

What is a church?

The only thing that a court could do is find the PA law itself unconstitutional- which would eliminate the problem.

The reality is that PA laws have been in effect since the 1964 Civil Rights Act- and in those 50 years- no one has successfully sued any Church for refusing to perform any religious rituals on anyone the church refuses to do. And that includes the Church of Latter Day Saints who did not provide fully equality within the church to African Americans- and that includes the Catholic Church which does not allow women in the priesthood.

The law in my State saying marriage is between a man and a woman has been in effect much longer. Seems it took a while for the fags to successfully sue and get their panties untwisted.

Courts can find portions of laws unconstitutional. Don't think so, continue to be a Liberal moron.

Forum List

Back