Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings

• Yes, Denmark does it, the Scandinavians are enlightened

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 198 81.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
I don't need to offer YOU a damned thing, condescending jerk. Homosexuality (in my humble opinion) isn't a class of people like race, religion or sex. Sexual preference isn't mentioned anywhere in the Constitution, if I got my facts straight. I like things straight. Not twisted around and perverted and mixed up. Prove to ME gays some how are being harmed by NOT getting a bloody cake, I will buy you a cake myself.

If you're gonna do business, make sure its a business that's compatible with your religion. But your religion is on you. Its not our responsibility to adapt society to match your beliefs.

Not if they opened their business before the law was in authorized. In that case, it's the opposite. This is society forcing the baker to adapt their views.

Do you have evidence that the baker in say, Colorado was refusing to sell wedding cake to gays before the PA laws were enacted?

If so, share it with us.

I don't need to offer YOU a damned thing, condescending jerk. Homosexuality (in my humble opinion) isn't a class of people like race, religion or sex.

I totally get that you have a personal opinion. What you don't seem to get is that I couldn't care less what it is. Nor does the law. We don't base the rights of anyone one on what you think the 'class' of a person is.

The protections granted under the law are defined by the law. And in the States in question, they require anyone who is conducting business publicly to treat their customers fairly and equally. If a baker can't do that, find a job where they don't need to.

Sexual preference isn't mentioned anywhere in the Constitution, if I got my facts straight.

The PA laws in question are state laws.

Prove to ME gays how homosexuals are being harmed by NOT getting a bloody cake, I will buy you a cake myself.

I genuinely don't care if you're convinced or what you believe. As your beliefs are spectacularly irrelevant to the issue at hand. The definitions of relevant are the legal ones.

If you're gonna do business, make sure its a business that's compatible with your religion. But your religion is on you. Its not our responsibility to adapt society to match your beliefs.

Not if they opened their business before the law was in authorized. In that case, it's the opposite. This is society forcing the baker to adapt their views.

Do you have evidence that the baker in say, Colorado was refusing to sell wedding cake to gays before the PA laws were enacted?

If so, share it with us.

Well, the question isn't when the PA laws were enacted, but when sexual orientation was added to the list of protected classes. And no, I don't have any info regarding the specific cases in question - which is why I said "if". Do you have any?

It's just a cake. Bake it your self. There is a whole wide world, open a business selling mock wedding cakes to mock brides/grooms with little pink triangles all over them. And when this craze is over, you will go belly up because gays are like a pitiful small minority even with the big bang of money they pack, that wont level out the playing field here. Nope. And, beside, some of us find homosexuality despicable and vile. Not from a religious standpoint, just a human one. Get over it. Since it isn't a class of people but trivial sexual dysfunction, I don't care who won't sell you lemonade or whatever.

If so, share it with us.

Well, the question isn't when the PA laws were enacted, but when sexual orientation was added to the list of protected classes. And no, I don't have any info regarding the specific cases in question - which is why I said "if". Do you have any?

So what relevance does your remarkably specific hypothetical have with the real life cases we're actually talking about?

It's just a cake. Bake it your self.

Its just cake. Asking a cake baker to sell cake is neither egregious nor unreasonable. Especially when they're engaged in public commerce selling cake.

All of the drama is caused by the baker who insists on trying to impose their religious beliefs on people who don't share them. Which is the baker's mistake and the baker's problem. Its an individuals responsibility to find a profession that matches their religion.

Not the law and society's responsibility to adapt to whatever they choose to believe.

If so, share it with us.

So what relevance does your remarkably specific hypothetical have with the real life cases we're actually talking about?

Let's see. I checked into this case in Colorado: Court Rules Bakery Illegally Discriminated Against Gay Couple - ACLU - Colorado

Sexual orientation was added to the state's discrimination laws in 2008 (LGBT rights in Colorado - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia The bakery in question was opened in 1993 (MASTERPIECE CAKESHOP great cakes since 1993 303.763.5754 So in that case, at least, I assume you'd agree that it's society imposing its values on the baker, and not the other way around.

If so, share it with us.

Let's see. I checked into this case in Colorado: Court Rules Bakery Illegally Discriminated Against Gay Couple - ACLU - Colorado

Sexual orientation was added to the state's discrimination laws in 2008 (LGBT rights in Colorado - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia The bakery in question was opened in 1993 (MASTERPIECE CAKESHOP great cakes since 1993 303.763.5754 So in that case, at least, I assume you'd agree that it's society imposing its values on the baker, and not the other way around.

And did he refuse to sell gays wedding cake before 2008?

If so, share it with us.

That wasn't legal until 2014 (same wikipedia article).

A video gamer cousin of mine used to say, "The Cake is a lie". Sorry, different meme, different topic. Close. Misleading promises based on a lies. Gays don't need a cake , if they truly love each other, fine. Just don't pretend its normal and deserves societal recognition...or a cake.

If so, share it with us.

Then it wasn't any change in the law that made this man's religion incompatible with his job. It was a change in the way he treated gay customers when they ordered cake.

That's on him.

A video gamer cousin of mine used to say, "The Cake is a lie". Sorry, different meme, different topic. Close. Misleading promises based on a lies. Gays don't need a cake , if they truly love each other, fine. Just don't pretend its normal and deserves societal recognition...or a cake.

I don't base the rights and protections under the law on your gamer cousin either. Nor on your assessment of the 'need' of someone to buy cake.

If a baker is going to do business publicly, he needs to treat his customers fairly and equally. If he can't, he needs to find another job.

Then it wasn't any change in the law that made this man's religion incompatible with his job. It was a change in the way he treated gay customers when they ordered cake.

That's on him.

You're going to throw your back out, twisting yourself up like that.

Good night.

Ok, NOW we have to accept gays as normal, because (ever read catch 22) it's the new norm? Crazy town. Drink the Kool aid.

That's on him.

You're going to throw your back out, twisting yourself up like that.

Good night.

Good night.

Ok, NOW we have to accept gays as normal, because (ever read catch 22) it's the new norm? Crazy town. Drink the Kool aid.

You're free to believe whatever you want. Really, no one gives a shit. But if you're going to do business with the public, you are subject to minimum codes of conduct in business. Including treating your customers fairly and equally.

PA laws don't regulate belief. They regulate actions.

But wait a minute, panda express has a new post expressing the same old crap-ola... I like that, the cake is a lie. Let's back up here, besides all the bullsh*t, what makes homosexual equitable to heterosexuality besides your propaganda groupthink spiel?

But wait a minute, panda express has a new post expressing the same old crap-ola... I like that, the cake is a lie. Let's back up here, besides all the bullsh*t, what makes homosexual equitable to heterosexuality besides your propaganda groupthink spiel?

Cake is cake. Ordering a cake from a cake baker is neither unreasonable nor onerous. Its just ordering a cake.

And as a cake baker if your religion makes it impossible for you to sell cake....maybe another profession is in order.

Heterosexuals made you, panda boy, Number uno, gays can't make babies. Number two, Marriage isn't a tacky little sign of recognition handed out like a gold star those that ..cant. And it shouldn't be treated like some meaningless medal you won in kindergarten for the best drawn hand turkeys covered in macaroni and gold sprinkles. Marriage is strictly a man-woman thing. Not a free for all, shame on you, you know that. This isn't a game.

Forum List

Back