🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings

• Yes, Denmark does it, the Scandinavians are enlightened

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 198 81.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
People who supported interracial marriage laws thought they were right...they were certain their churches wouldn't ever marry "those people". :lol:

People who supported interracial marriage laws thought they were right...they were certain their churches wouldn't ever marry "those people". :lol:

Which changes nothing of what I said. Not a single thing. Nifty factoid, irrelevant to the conversation.

What does race have to do with deviant sexual behaviors again? Could you explain that to me in legal terms?

And when you're explaining that, can you tell me how any legal advances for these behaviors/cult can be limited to just those types of behaviors but no others?

Ie: when a precedent is set for a group of minority behaviors to dictate to the majority that objects to them [see the 85% in the poll above] forcing their ideology upon them, where do we draw the line on that same thing happening with other cults? And for what reasons? Because they are "icky" or "bad" or otherwise objectionable to the majority?

Behaviors don't have rights. Check your local penal and civil codes for details...

Last edited:
A church is not a building. It's the people inside that make up the church.

Those people can burn down the building if they decide to.

I am a Christian and belong to the Mohawk Cumberland Presbyterian Church. It's a small Christian church, we average around 35 people a week, and we are a united family. We would not allow a gay wedding inside our church. It is against our beliefs. If the government decided to force that, we would burn the church building to the ground and gather on Sunday mornings on top of the ashes, before allowing that to happen.

No worries though, that will never happen. It's just a dream some people who despise religion and religious freedom have.
Wouldn't religious freedom allow a gay Christian to be married in a church? Your homophobic church?

There may be people who think they are Christian and gay, but in reality, they aren't!

Religious freedom gives the people that are the church the right to worship and practice those beliefs as they see fit, and as they understand Scripture. As long as those same people are not doing any harm to others. That being said, I could see a gay couple wanting to be married in a church, and raising the argument that if a church would not let them marry there, they are being unfairly harmed, but that is just people wanting to cause trouble. It would be no different if I came into your house, because I grew up in it, and said this is where I am going to get married on July 25 of this year, and you can't do anything about it.

One more thing. There is no such thing as homosexuality. It is just perverted people wishing to carry out disgusting acts. If you don't believe me, show me the science that proves homosexuality.

Is my church homophobic, you bet your ass it is. They are an abomination before God. Do I love them as I do anyone else, you bet your ass I do. You can love the sinner, and not the sin, and all have sinned, you, me, Mother Teresa, Billy Graham, all but Jesus have committed sin and still do every day they live.

There may be people who think they are Christian and gay, but in reality, they aren't!

Religious freedom gives the people that are the church the right to worship and practice those beliefs as they see fit, and as they understand Scripture. As long as those same people are not doing any harm to others. That being said, I could see a gay couple wanting to be married in a church, and raising the argument that if a church would not let them marry there, they are being unfairly harmed, but that is just people wanting to cause trouble. It would be no different if I came into your house, because I grew up in it, and said this is where I am going to get married on July 25 of this year, and you can't do anything about it.

One more thing. There is no such thing as homosexuality. It is just perverted people wishing to carry out disgusting acts. If you don't believe me, show me the science that proves homosexuality.

Is my church homophobic, you bet your ass it is. They are an abomination before God. Do I love them as I do anyone else, you bet your ass I do. You can love the sinner, and not the sin, and all have sinned, you, me, Mother Teresa, Billy Graham, all but Jesus have committed sin and still do every day they live.

I saw a documentary the other day where some ancient texts revealed that Jesus in his youth was a bit of an asshole...dabbling in the dark arts no less. I guess he had talents early on. He came to realize the errors of his ways and pledged himself to the Higher Power. Pretty sure his overall message and the message of God through him was to the common man, "If I can do it, you can do it".

Of course that all got turned around when they made him into a demi-god...a thing he did not want. I think that's why Muhammed came into the game. No images, no worshipping the messenger. That sort of thing.

I saw a documentary the other day where some ancient texts revealed that Jesus in his youth was a bit of an asshole...dabbling in the dark arts no less. I guess he had talents early on. He came to realize the errors of his ways and pledged himself to the Higher Power. Pretty sure his overall message and the message of God through him was to the common man, "If I can do it, you can do it".

Of course that all got turned around when they made him into a demi-god...a thing he did not want. I think that's why Muhammed came into the game. No images, no worshipping the messenger. That sort of thing.

SO YOU BELIEVE THE DEMON INSPIRED lies?? WHY NOT RERAD GOD'S WORD,THERE IS WHERE THE REAL JESUS IS REVEILED!!!

SO YOU BELIEVE THE DEMON INSPIRED lies?? WHY NOT RERAD GOD'S WORD,THERE IS WHERE THE REAL JESUS IS REVEILED!!!

WHY DON'T YOU STOP ROLE-PLAYING A PSYCHO BIBLE-THUMPER WHO IS MILKING THE ABSURD-STANCE IN OPPOSITION IN ORDER TO GAIN SYMPATHY FOR THE LGBT CULT!!!

REPENT OR BE DAMNED I SAY!! :lmao:

Remember that people who thought themselves to be Christians slayed thousands of people trying to make those people turn to Christianity. Were those people true Christians? Hell no.

A person has no choice to be born American, or white, or black, or Hispanic, or anything else. No one would choose to have a child born with a disability.

Homosexuality IS a choice. Just as adultery, and promiscuity, and even a consenting man and woman living together sleeping in the same bed. Those are all choices that people make.

Interracial marriage is not a sin, a Christian marrying an unbeliever, that is considered a sin, according to what I know of the Bible. Others believe differently than I do, but we still search the Scriptures for the answers to all kinds of questions, the key is to keep on searching, for Christianity is a learning religion, and as we grow, we learn and we adapt. The basis for our faith is the one true constant. John 3:16, if you have that, and you truly believe that, you will want to learn more.

WHY DON'T YOU STOP ROLE-PLAYING A PSYCHO BIBLE-THUMPER WHO IS PLAYING UP THE ABSURD IN ORDER TO GAIN SYMPATHY FOR THE LGBT CULT!!!

REPENT OR BE DAMNED I SAY!! :lmao: [ALL CAPS ADDED FOR EMPHASIS!]

Remember that people who thought themselves to be Christians slayed thousands of people trying to make those people turn to Christianity. Were those people true Christians? Hell no.

A person has no choice to be born American, or white, or black, or Hispanic, or anything else. No one would choose to have a child born with a disability.

Homosexuality IS a choice. Just as adultery, and promiscuity, and even a consenting man and woman living together sleeping in the same bed. Those are all choices that people make.

Interracial marriage is not a sin, a Christian marrying an unbeliever, that is considered a sin, according to what I know of the Bible. Others believe differently than I do, but we still search the Scriptures for the answers to all kinds of questions, the key is to keep on searching, for Christianity is a learning religion, and as we grow, we learn and we adapt. The basis for our faith is the one true constant. John 3:16, if you have that, and you truly believe that, you will want to learn more.

◄ 2 Corinthians 6:14 ►
Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness

I'm sure those who did the documentary interviewed all the people they needed to, to find out how big terror He was. They probably interviewed all His friends and schoolmates. :lol:

13 men went to their graves, many of them under pain of death, proclaiming Jesus is Lord. I'll take their word over yours for all of eternity.

I'm sure those who did the documentary interviewed all the people they needed to, to find out how big terror He was. They probably interviewed all His friends and schoolmates. :lol:

13 men went to their graves, many of them under pain of death, proclaiming Jesus is Lord. I'll take their word over yours for all of eternity.

Well, um, let's see. First of all I'm on your side with this debate. Secondly, Jesus himself went to his death proclaiming he was not a God but merely a man sent to portray that all men could be like him: god-like. But never God Itself. You can't even know what God is, much less claim to be Him/Her/It. It always stuns me how this insertion was made to waylay the actual and best purpose of Jesus: the lesson that all can be like him.

Instead, a dark influence took that great pragmatic tool to save the souls of men and twisted it to blind them and put them on their knees, worshipping yet another dull, lifeless idol.. As they sit and cluster together, inert, with their favorite brand...all patting each other on the back that they are "saved" and therefore not required to do one more ounce of personal work to make sure that that is so. Right there is the fodder of the weeds of evil to grow: Idle hands/idle spirits.

Last edited:

Well, um, let's see. First of all I'm on your side with this debate. Secondly, Jesus himself went to his death proclaiming he was not a God but merely a man sent to portray that all men could be like him: god-like. But never God Itself. You can't even know what God is, much less claim to be Him/Her/It. It always stuns me how this insertion was made to waylay the actual and best purpose of Jesus: the lesson that all can be like him.

Instead, a dark influence took that great pragmatic tool to save the souls of men and twisted it to blind them and put them on their knees, worshipping yet another dull, lifeless idol.. As they sit and cluster together, inert, with their favorite brand...all patting each other on the back that they are "saved" and therefore not required to do one more ounce of personal work to make sure that that is so.

YOUR IGNORANCE IS SHOWING!!! IF YOU WANT TO TRY TO DEBATE GOD'S WORD read it first!!!

A church is not a building. It's the people inside that make up the church.

Those people can burn down the building if they decide to.

I am a Christian and belong to the Mohawk Cumberland Presbyterian Church. It's a small Christian church, we average around 35 people a week, and we are a united family. We would not allow a gay wedding inside our church. It is against our beliefs. If the government decided to force that, we would burn the church building to the ground and gather on Sunday mornings on top of the ashes, before allowing that to happen.

No worries though, that will never happen. It's just a dream some people who despise religion and religious freedom have.
Wouldn't religious freedom allow a gay Christian to be married in a church? Your homophobic church?

Right after you show me the science that says the world was created in six days. :lol:
Anyways, even if gays are sinning, Jesus already paid their debt by dying on the cross for their sins. So god has no issue with gays. Plus, god wanted Adam not to have sex with the woman and stay in gay heaven with him. Good thing Adam refused. :lmao:

Right after you show me the science that says the world was created in six days. :lol:
Anyways, even if gays are sinning, Jesus already paid their debt by dying on the cross for their sins. So god has no issue with gays. Plus, god wanted Adam not to have sex with the woman and stay in gay heaven with him. Good thing Adam refused. :lmao:
===================== YOUR Ignorance is showing, jesus paid the sin debt of believers,those thet deny JESUS as their LORD AND SAVIOR must pay their own sin debt!!!= death and hell!!! and you??

So if homosexuality is a choice, do YOU have to constantly choose whether you are a homosexual or not? Is that something you have to choose on a daily basis?

Funny, I'm strictly heterosexual, I've never contemplated whether I chose to be heterosexual or homosexual. I have no choice, I'm heterosexual and that's all there is to it.

I feel really sorry for all you religious repressed homosexuals that have to CHOOSE on a daily basis not to be homosexual.

So if homosexuality is a choice, do YOU have to constantly choose whether you are a homosexual or not? Is that something you have to choose on a daily basis?

Funny, I'm strictly heterosexual, I've never contemplated whether I chose to be heterosexual or homosexual. I have no choice, I'm heterosexual and that's all there is to it.

I feel really sorry for all you religious repressed homosexuals that have to CHOOSE on a daily basis not to be homosexual.

YES!!! Any sinner can choose to do acts of sick sexual perversion,but count the cost!!!

===================== YOUR Ignorance is showing, jesus paid the sin debt of believers,those thet deny JESUS as their LORD AND SAVIOR must pay their own sin debt!!!= death and hell!!! and you??
Wrong! Jesus died for my sins and everyone else's, including gays. You don't have to believe in gravity for it to have an effect on you.

Wrong! Jesus died for my sins and everyone else's, including gays. You don't have to believe in gravity for it to have an effect on you.

Yes, Jesus did die for the sins of everyone. If you believe in Him and renounce your sins, that means your sinful ways as well.

However, if you or I willfully go out and and commit sins thinking that Jesus will forgive for whatever we may do, there is no forgiveness for those sins. You can't murder someone all the time thinking I'll be forgiven for this. It doesn't work that way, as much as some people want it to.

Yes, Jesus did die for the sins of everyone. If you believe in Him and renounce your sins, that means your sinful ways as well.

However, if you or I willfully go out and and commit sins thinking that Jesus will forgive for whatever we may do, there is no forgiveness for those sins. You can't murder someone all the time thinking I'll be forgiven for this. It doesn't work that way, as much as some people want it to.
True story that I read in our local paper: a Hell's Angel was gunned down so they held his funeral in a church. So the reporter asked the priest how he could give such a bad apple a church service. The priest replied that the guy might have repented half a second before he died. So in other words, you can sin your whole life and repent just before you die, so there's really no point to repent now, you can knowingly sin and repent later, god won't care.

Forum List

Back