Should Congress Make Dist. Of Columbia a "Right to Work" Zone

What year,? And how did the wages go down When they started pulling more jobs?

93. It cut my union wages by better than 1/3

How? What are you a feast or famine guy? A new coworker who was a pipe welder was making $55 an and is only 38. He lives in RTW state.

I know what happened in 93.

Not going to share? Besides Texas was one of the biggest job importers during the recession, so you would rather have them unemployed,, ?
I'm talking about right to work, and the effect it had on the state when it went into effect 24 years ago. You're talking about the recent recession, and the only reason we had plenty of jobs then was the newly found oil fields. Right to work has hurt.

You live in Texas and don't know the jobs brought in because of it And it wasn't just oil jobs..

Again you can't explain to me how it lowered salaries expeasily you are going to try to tell me with a straight face you and your coworkers came in one day they were making $30 bucks an hour say and now making $10 bucks and hour and they didn't kill management or out right quit who are you trying to bull shit?

The construction unions collapsed. Union workers were no longer wanted or needed, and my union took a pay cut to compete with all the new non union labor, my union took a massive cut just to get some of the jobs. We went from above 18.00 to around 13 over night.

The construction unions collapsed. Union workers were no longer wanted or needed, and my union took a pay cut to compete with all the new non union labor, my union took a massive cut just to get some of the jobs. We went from above 18.00 to around 13 over night.

Ya know I was talking to a welder like a month ago to help build my plant he was making around $30 bucks for a few short days we were just bullshitting around at 3am and he told me about this other short job offer in Atlanta for a lousy $12 bucks an hour.. There might be some truth to your story..

Because that's absolute WTF? Some one offering a welder @$12 bucks an hour..
No way..

So you didn't want to travel.. Or didn't have any connections ?

So you didn't want to travel.. Or didn't have any connections ?

I guess this is why this new kid went from $55 to $28 but he understood this was a permanent job.. He showed me his pay stubs god damn he was bringing home $3,000 a week I never saw that in my life even if I worked a 100 hours it was only around two grand..

EVERY state should automatically be a 'right to work' state.

The idea that all workers are slaves to unions unless liberated by Congress is BS!

Forum List

Back