Should DC become a state and get 2 Senators and voting rights for residents?

So, now you're claiming you were on MD 295. Does MD 295 go into DC? I believe it originates at the border.

So, your claim is that VA gave you a ticket while you were in DC but you claim to now have been on a MD highway.

No, no screws loose there.
Funny shit

Funny shit
Between this guy and the Karen who is bent out of shape for being served after someone else at a restaurant and blaming it on CRT I'm beginning to doubt their personal anecdotal stories and feel pretty confident they use them only because they can't find actual evidence to back up whatever fucked up claim they are trying to make.

I wasn't on an interstate and never claimed I was, learn to read dumbshit
You're not helping your case.

295 starts as an Interstate at National Harbor and heads northeast. It then becomes DC 295, also known as the Anacostia Freeway, until it hits the Maryland line, at which point it becomes Maryland 295, the Baltimore-Washington Parkway. It's all the same continuous road, and it never goes into Virginia.

You know, it's perfectly okay to shrug and say that it was ten years ago, and maybe you don't remember. That happens to everyone.

Our government is, by design, both a representative democracy, and a federal, constitutional republic.

A government where every citizen votes on every issue is called a pure, direct, or Athenian democracy, and I think we can all agree that that would be sustainable for a country our size.

We know the correct answer is return DC to Maryland.

FUCKING DUH.

The problem is that DEMOCRATS want the 2 permanent DEM Senators from DC.

The "DISENFRANCHISED" argument is total BULLSHIT, otherwise Dems would support returning DC to Maryland.

Our government is, by design, both a representative democracy, and a federal, constitutional republic.

A government where every citizen votes on every issue is called a pure, direct, or Athenian democracy, and I think we can all agree that that would be sustainable for a country our size.

They don't understand this.

We know the correct answer is return DC to Maryland.

FUCKING DUH.

The problem is that DEMOCRATS want the 2 permanent DEM Senators from DC.

The "DISENFRANCHISED" argument is total BULLSHIT, otherwise Dems would support returning DC to Maryland.
"2 permanent Dem Senators"?

You're saying that GOP policies are abhorrent to the voters of DC.

That's YOUR problem. Change your policies

The people of DC pay more Federal Taxes than 30 states but are not allowed to vote on how their tax dollars are spent.

During the Revolution, this was called ”Taxation without Representation”

If you are not going to treat them as US Citizens with voting rights, exempt them from federal taxes like Puerto Rico
well well look who can see the evil in taxation...ya know what would happen then? DC would become a right wing stronghold practically over night...Next you can give the right a share of California by dividing it and allowing the taxed to separate from the those who got their wish to tax them out of the state

Georgia had 2 permanent Republican Senators until last year. So did Arizona

Things can change

Why not give DC back to Maryland just like Virginia did?

Why do you only want a 51st state?

That will INSTANTLY reenfranchise all the DC voters.

Last edited:
Link?

The voters of DC do not want to vote?

Huh?

You know you are 100% talking out of your ass here.....why are you doing that?

A 2016 Public Policy Polling survey found that only 28 percent of Marylanders favored “annexing Washington, D.C.,” compared with 44 percent who opposed it. By 2019, a Washington Post/University of Maryland poll found that opposition to retrocession had climbed to 57 percent, while 51 percent of Marylanders favored statehood for the District.

Forum List

Back