Should Detroit's municipal retirees lose their pensions?

I am waiting for the BK process to play out with Detroit. The city needs to sell off assets and get back into making sensible management decisions once their givernment has been shrunk to the bare minimums.

I don't think the pensioners have much to worry about. They are among the first in line to get their money.

In the meantime, I've been discouraged when I read reports that the city council in Detroit voted to support a Trayvon Martin petition (or some such thing). They have so many more important issues! What a joke.

I've also been disappointed to read how many other cities have been relying on an influx of federal cash to keep afloat. I think the economy has been and still is much worse than anyone has been willing to admit ... up to now.

The Detroit city council has little else to do since the state took over management of the city. Their only reason for showing up is for the paycheck and one long-time member has already resigned rather than go to meaningless meetings. So pay no attention to this news item....it's been showcased to show ineptitute on the part of the city when the real story is they have no say in running the city anymore.

I am waiting for the BK process to play out with Detroit. The city needs to sell off assets and get back into making sensible management decisions once their givernment has been shrunk to the bare minimums.

HAHAHA. You don't understand the problem at all. The city is 90% black and that means everybody is on welfare and nobody has the skills to run a modern city. The city is ALWAYS going to need bailouts from white people.

I didn't promise the jack shit.

yes we know you only care for your precious Confederate states.

If you contract with me to cut your lawn and you can't afford to pay me when I'm done, that doesn't give you the right to break into your neighbor's house and steal from him what you owe me.

Get that through your head.

I am sick and tired of enriching Public Sector dimocraps.

Federal workers earning double their private counterparts - USATODAY.com

Snyder: Public Employees Make Twice As Much As Private Sector | Interlochen Public Radio
No it gives you the right to sue me for the money and garnish what I make to pay for it. Do you think they wont sue the state ?

I don't think the pensioners have much to worry about. They are among the first in line to get their money.

In the meantime, I've been discouraged when I read reports that the city council in Detroit voted to support a Trayvon Martin petition (or some such thing). They have so many more important issues! What a joke.

I've also been disappointed to read how many other cities have been relying on an influx of federal cash to keep afloat. I think the economy has been and still is much worse than anyone has been willing to admit ... up to now.

The Detroit city council has little else to do since the state took over management of the city. Their only reason for showing up is for the paycheck and one long-time member has already resigned rather than go to meaningless meetings. So pay no attention to this news item....it's been showcased to show ineptitute on the part of the city when the real story is they have no say in running the city anymore.

They would have done the same thing regardless....You cant blame anyone other then the democrat and unions that ran the city for its fall.

HAHAHA. You don't understand the problem at all. The city is 90% black and that means everybody is on welfare and nobody has the skills to run a modern city. The city is ALWAYS going to need bailouts from white people.

Did you slap yourself for this obvious ignorant racist rant of a post? If not please do so only use a bat.

News now coming in that a judge is reviewing the constitutionality of the bankruptcy filing....

funny-judge-baby-stealing-nose.jpg

:)

Did you slap yourself for this obvious ignorant racist rant of a post? If not please do so only use a bat.

The board notes you evaded the issue and made a personal attack. Thanks for admitting i'm right.

yes we know you only care for your precious Confederate states.

If you contract with me to cut your lawn and you can't afford to pay me when I'm done, that doesn't give you the right to break into your neighbor's house and steal from him what you owe me.

Snyder: Public Employees Make Twice As Much As Private Sector | Interlochen Public Radio
No it gives you the right to sue me for the money and garnish what I make to pay for it. Do you think they wont sue the state ?

The State isn't their employer, so they have no grounds.

News now coming in that a judge is reviewing the constitutionality of the bankruptcy filing....

How can you make going broke unconstitutional???? LMAO

well, according to MI constitution, pensions promised should be payed.
( somebody posted here the actual article of their constitution - it's ridiculous, but it is true).

Obviously, the MI constitution does not specify whom to rob to get the money for the pensions :D

Last edited:

The board notes you evaded the issue and made a personal attack. Thanks for admitting i'm right.

The issue was you are a racist prick.

1) Yes.

2) No way I could be that woman.

There ain't enough money to make me work in Dee-Troit.

Not gonna happen.

Besides, down here on Planet Earth, nobody is going to lose ALL their pensions and/or Health Benefits.

But they will take it in the ear.

All those year they were stealing and, yes.... They were flat-out fucking STEALING, they're lucky to get anything fr Dee-Troit.

It is THEIR fault Dee-Troit failed.

They have far, far, FAR more workers as a percent-to-taxpayers than almost any other City besides ultra-rich Cities like Sang Frang and one or two others.

They did it to themselves. Completely.

Let them suffer.

Bad

You must be young cause Detroit wasn't always like it is.... It is this way now because of progressive rot and union thievery.

I'm 65.

I lived in Cleveland for a while and visited Dee-Troit a few times.

They changed. They became aggressively stupid. Aggressively dimocrap. Aggressively in-your-face, we're-gonna-do-whatever-the-fuck-we-feel-like.

I saw it when I was in Cleveland. Cleveland was almost as bad and that's why I left in 1977.

All those Rust Belt Cities got that way when they were taken over by dimocrap scum.

With one exception being Pigsburg. And even though they were run by dimocraps, the population around Pittsburgh was pretty Conservative and the dimocraps had to tread lightly.

Pittsburgh made the transition with no real troubles.

And NO place got hit harder than they did. The Steel Industry?!!? Yikes! Did they ever get hammered.

But they made it by using their brains.

Dee-Troit, Cleveland and their surrounding areas.... They kept electing stupid dimocrap scumabgs that kept doing the same shit and kept spending money they didn't have and kept hiring people they couldn't afford to pay and getting elected and re-elected for it.

That's all dimocrap scum care about... Elections. They don't care about the people they're supposed to be taking care of. They only care about stealing shit.

65, please give back your medicare payments then, the gov would appreciate it.

The State isn't their employer, so they have no grounds.

No the citizens of the state are

65, please give back your medicare payments then, the gov would appreciate it.

when did the fed declare bankruptcy? I know you, libtards, try hard, but it didn't happen. yet.

Forum List

Back