Should doctors operate on intersex babies?

Oh so there is no physical necessity to go under the knife. I knew that.

Why do these issues always have to get bogged down and dumbed down to an all or nothing, yes or no binary type thing. That does not show a high degree of intellectual capacity or sophistication. It is really a good deal more complicated than that. Everyone is not the same and the medical science behind these decisions is evolving. Read and learn. It will make for a much more productive and satisfying conversation.

Our Mission:

The Intersex Society of North America (ISNA) is devoted to systemic change to end shame, secrecy, and unwanted genital surgeries for people born with an anatomy that someone decided is not standard for male or female.

We have learned from listening to individuals and families dealing with intersex that:

Click here to learn more about our agenda. With your help, we can make the world a safer place for families dealing with intersex conditions. Intersex Society of North America A world free of shame secrecy and unwanted genital surgery

Why do these issues always have to get bogged down and dumbed down to an all or nothing, yes or no binary type thing. That does not show a high degree of intellectual capacity or sophistication. It is really a good deal more complicated than that. Everyone is not the same and the medical science behind these decisions is evolving. Read and learn. It will make for a much more productive and satisfying conversation.

Our Mission:

The Intersex Society of North America (ISNA) is devoted to systemic change to end shame, secrecy, and unwanted genital surgeries for people born with an anatomy that someone decided is not standard for male or female.

We have learned from listening to individuals and families dealing with intersex that:

Click here to learn more about our agenda. With your help, we can make the world a safer place for families dealing with intersex conditions. Intersex Society of North America A world free of shame secrecy and unwanted genital surgery

My point was that surgery isn't medically necessary, despite what what's his name claimed.

Sometimes there is. Sometimes there are two underdeveloped sets of genitalia but neither is fully functional and the baby cannot urinate. A decision must be made which set will receive the surgery.

Sometimes there is. Sometimes there are two underdeveloped sets of genitalia but neither is fully functional and the baby cannot urinate. A decision must be made which set will receive the surgery.
Yeah but dumbshit, who pretends to be prolife but really isn't...and who continually claims to be rightwing while arguing all the salient points of the left, said that surgery was necessary for them all. And the only surgery that would be needed in that case would be surgery to allow urination. That's not a sex change and doesn't involve removing sexual organs.

Yeah but dumbshit, who pretends to be prolife but really isn't...and who continually claims to be rightwing while arguing all the salient points of the left, said that surgery was necessary for them all. And the only surgery that would be needed in that case would be surgery to allow urination. That's not a sex change and doesn't involve removing sexual organs.
It certainly could involve removing or modifying sex organs. It's not a sex change and has nothing to do with changing one's sex since it can't be done anyway.

Our Mission:

My point was that surgery isn't medically nece essary, despite what what's his name claimed.

Right, usually not. But at puberty it may become a mental health issue and the person should then e able to choose a gender, or no and decide remain as an intersexual person.

Our Mission:

My point was that surgery isn't medically nece essary, despite what what's his name claimed.

Right, usually not. But at puberty it may become a mental health issue and the person should then e able to choose a gender, or no and decide remain as an intersexual person.
Yes well that's not what the discussion was about. The discussion was about elective sex surgery performed on children too young to have an opinion. In other words, the parents want to risk the child's life because they're that wrapped up in the child's sexuality. Which is creepy.

What if an intersex person would commit suicide after years of mockeries and disappointments? Who's gonna be responsible? Intersex persons would all come to a bad end if they live in the 1st world. Thailand, Nepal, Indonesia - I guess they could live happily there.

What if an intersex person would commit suicide after years of mockeries and disappointments? Who's gonna be responsible? Intersex persons would all come to a bad end if they live in the 1st world. Thailand, Nepal, Indonesia - I guess they could live happily there.
:wtf::wtf::wtf:

Tell me why do you think intersex people can have great future in the country like US or Canada?
Tell me what it is that you're trying to say
I'm trying to say that living in the first world country with both vagina and underdeveloped penis would be hard for a person in childhood, extremely hard in youthhood and terribly hard in adulthood. And may lead to suicide. Aren't you agree?

Tell me why do you think intersex people can have great future in the country like US or Canada?
I'm trying to say that living in the first world country with both vagina and underdeveloped penis would be hard for a person in childhood, extremely hard in youthhood and terribly hard in adulthood. And may lead to suicide. Aren't you agree?
They commit suicide regardless. Everything horrifies progressives so much. Sometimes, people are just unique. Embrace it and celebrate it. Don't cut on it, sheesh.

If you have some actual information that you would like to share regarding what parts of the world are best for intersexual people by all means, share it. Meanwhile allow me to redirect you to the fact that this thread is about the proper medical and mental health response to intersexual conditions that may avoid mental health and other issues down the road.

If you have some actual information that you would like to share regarding what parts of the world are best for intersexual people by all means, share it. Meanwhile allow me to redirect you to the fact that this thread is about the proper medical and mental health response to intersexual conditions that may avoid mental health and other issues down the road.
Intersex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This thread isn't about mental health response but about surgery mostly.

They commit suicide because they're mentally ill.

Forum List

Back