Should federal tax dollars be used to bail out states?

Should Federal tax dollars be used to bail out states who mismanaged their budgets?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
The folks who put up with working for their government for thirty years or more had a deal. If the state can't make the payments, there's another sector "broke." How much income is every state losing from the unemployed sitting home instead of getting a paycheck and having state taxes deducted? Not to mention the lost taxes in gasoline and sales tax generally.
Um, it is the decision of each state's governor to shut down.

The folks who put up with working for their government for thirty years or more had a deal. If the state can't make the payments, there's another sector "broke." How much income is every state losing from the unemployed sitting home instead of getting a paycheck and having state taxes deducted? Not to mention the lost taxes in gasoline and sales tax generally.
It's going to be massive...........just as it's going to be massive from the Federal Reserve............the IMF in Europe.............the Yuan in china..............Yen.........and so on........

Global massive debt and printing money at a monumental rate from thin air.

I wish I had a little more land to farm on......might need it soon.....unless this is just the test version of what is coming.

IMHO the states should have to pay for their own COVID expenses.
NY & CA got tons of aid from the Feds, we just can't keep printing money.
The only aid I'd give the states is Chinese money (bonds) we keep to help offset the COVID costs.
New York and California have long sent more federal taxes to Washington than they got back. They helped fund the red states who mostly take more than they give. Of course the federal government should help the states in an extraordinary crisis, it's what it's there for.

The only way the Feds could give more money to the states is by raising taxes on the top rate, add a VAT, add a stock transaction tax, add a remittance tax on money sent out of the US, and any other new taxes you can think of.

The only aid I'd give the states is Chinese money (bonds) we keep to help offset the COVID costs.
New York and California have long sent more federal taxes to Washington than they got back. They helped fund the red states who mostly take more than they give. Of course the federal government should help the states in an extraordinary crisis, it's what it's there for.
So?

Cuomo ran up a $6.1 BILLION deficit before the Chinese Virus hit. That's on him, not the rest of the country.
There is not a red state out there that would not trade their state revenue for New York's.
New York: "We tax the fuck out of individuals and businesses to the point people are fleeing the state, and we still can't manage to balance the budget"

Congrats, I guess. :iyfyus.jpg:

So?

Cuomo ran up a $6.1 BILLION deficit before the Chinese Virus hit. That's on him, not the rest of the country.
There is not a red state out there that would not trade their state revenue for New York's.
And now the Red State Rant BS..................Yawn.........

They count the Military bases, Shipyard work, NASA.......and etc.......then say look what we gave them........................LOL

It's all BS.............don't look behind the curtain.............show me the big banks ASSETS TO RISK from the Reserve.........................

huh.......no time for the Globalist to say it's fine that way..............LOL

They are going to fuck the population of the world some day.......might be coming now........and they aren't gonna give you any vasoline.

So?

New York: "We tax the fuck out of individuals and businesses to the point people are fleeing the state, and we still can't manage to balance the budget"

Still plenty of commerce there apparently. People have been saying what you said for years and it's still ranks near the top of any economic metric you care to use.

Painful but what ever it takes to be virus free, We are strong enough to rebuild again, all we need is us hard working Americans & more equable government.

So?

Still plenty of commerce there apparently. People have been saying what you said for years and it's still ranks near the top of any economic metric you care to use.
New York ranks 41st in Fiscal Condition among the 57 states..........

So?

New York is #2 in debt.....behind only KKKalifornia.

NY growth is 1.2%...............right up there with Arkansas.

Um, it is the decision of each state's governor to shut down.
What choice did they have? This is a natural disaster.

States are not bringing in enough money because of the lockdowns and people being laid off if that is happening to the states it's happening at the federal level as well.

Why should all taxpayers be responsible for the fiscal irresponsibility of states they don't live in?
You know what makes you think states are being "fiscally irresponsible?" They don't have the ability to create enormous deficits like the federal government does to combat the financial fallout from the virus.

BTW................... AP FACT CHECK: Blue high-tax states fund red low-tax states
Cuomo created a $6.1 BILLION deficit for 2020 before he royally screwed up the Chinese Virus response.

So?

That list makes it look like Alabama is better off than New York. LOL

So?

I hadn't noticed that. Man, New York really sux sweaty donkey balls.

Why should all taxpayers be responsible for the fiscal irresponsibility of states they don't live in?
From outrageous pensions that massively increase a states debt to smaller more unknown acts of spending your money in a frivolous manner.
Why should I, in the midwest be forced to bail out New York or Illinois?
It's the same argument that applied to GM in 08. Which btw, I will NEVER buy another new GM product.
But I digress WHY should I be responsible for government mismanagement in a state I don't live in?

The easy answer is that Federal taxes drain State economies ... cut Federal spending in half and let the States raise taxes to replace government service as they see fit ... if a $10 billion earthquake hits California, let California clean up the mess; if a $10 billion hurricane hits Louisiana, let Louisiana clean up ... let Mississippi make parents pay to have their kids in school ...

It's not like Minnesota needs the damn Feds telling them how to build bridges or anything ...

It's going to be massive...........just as it's going to be massive from the Federal Reserve............the IMF in Europe.............the Yuan in china..............Yen.........and so on........

I wish I had a little more land to farm on......might need it soon.....unless this is just the test version of what is coming.
1587929453258.png

So?

I hadn't noticed that. Man, New York really sux sweaty donkey balls.
It's apparently a great place for a professional to make serious money , I would not want to live there though.

View attachment 328429
The only question is .............is this the test or the real deal.................They have ponzi'd the currency for far too long.................

Are they now prepping for the Global Reset...........that is the question.........

Forum List

Back