Should federal tax dollars be used to bail out states?

Should Federal tax dollars be used to bail out states who mismanaged their budgets?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
New York has served as a cash cow to the Federal Government for decades. Last year alone, they contributed $35 billion more than they received.

Now, with thousands upon thousands dying and the state paralyzed by disease.....the best the Feds can come up with is...go bankrupt

Why should all taxpayers be responsible for the fiscal irresponsibility of states they don't live in?
From outrageous pensions that massively increase a states debt to smaller more unknown acts of spending your money in a frivolous manner.
Why should I, in the midwest be forced to bail out New York or Illinois?
It's the same argument that applied to GM in 08. Which btw, I will NEVER buy another new GM product.
But I digress WHY should I be responsible for government mismanagement in a state I don't live in?
Getting a disease is not fiscal irresponsibility any more than getting a hurricane, earthquake or tornado
Cuomo had a $6.1 BILLION deficit before he mismanaged the Chinese Virus.
If that is the case, maybe the Federal Government needs to stop freeloading off the State of New York

New York paid $35 billion more in Federal Taxes than they receive.

Sounds fair.

IMHO the states should have to pay for their own COVID expenses.
NY & CA got tons of aid from the Feds, we just can't keep printing money.
The only aid I'd give the states is Chinese money (bonds) we keep to help offset the COVID costs.
New York and California have long sent more federal taxes to Washington than they got back. They helped fund the red states who mostly take more than they give. Of course the federal government should help the states in an extraordinary crisis, it's what it's there for.
So?

Cuomo ran up a $6.1 BILLION deficit before the Chinese Virus hit. That's on him, not the rest of the country.
There is not a red state out there that would not trade their state revenue for New York's.
New York: "We tax the fuck out of individuals and businesses to the point people are fleeing the state, and we still can't manage to balance the budget"

Congrats, I guess. :iyfyus.jpg:
Still plenty of commerce there apparently. People have been saying what you said for years and it's still ranks near the top of any economic metric you care to use.
New York ranks 41st in Fiscal Condition among the 57 states..........

That list makes it look like Alabama is better off than New York. LOL
I hadn't noticed that. Man, New York really sux sweaty donkey balls.
It's apparently a great place for a professional to make serious money , I would not want to live there though.
Then why are the rich fleeing the state in droves?

As I said earlier, I've been hearing that for years and they still seem to be able to have one of the top economies in the nation. If it's actually true it seems the rich who are supposedly fleeing were not that important.
You keep claiming it is a top economy, but you have failed to bring anything to show it is.

I, however, have brought several links showing the state is a fiscal train wreck. If it is such a top economy, why is Cuomo on TV every day begging and whining about Trump bailing NY out?
Why is any state asking Trump to do his fucking job? It's because Trump is not doing it. I quit posting links for you assholes to disregard years ago but here's a list of state GDP. You might see a rough pattern there.

List of U.S. states and territories by GDP - Wikipedia
Please show where it is the job of the President to fix a states fiscal mismanagement.
Let's watch as the red state governors line up for "free stuff" and you don't say a word. It is the president's duty to The People to help in national emergencies to the limits of his authority without playing partisan favorites.
Fiscal mismanagement of a state budget isn't a "national emergency".

Cuomo rang up a $6.1 BILLION deficit before the Chinese Virus hit.

New York has served as a cash cow to the Federal Government for decades. Last year alone, they contributed $35 billion more than they received.

Now, with thousands upon thousands dying and the state paralyzed by disease.....the best the Feds can come up with is...go bankrupt
We already bailed Cuomo out with hospitals, PPE, and ventilators.

We are not bailing out his fiscal mismanagement prior to his mismanagement of the Chinese virus.

We already bailed Cuomo out with hospitals, PPE, and ventilators.

We are not bailing out his fiscal mismanagement prior to his mismanagement of the Chinese virus.
That’s a start
When will the Feds come up with the rest of the money they have shortchanged the people of New York?

Why should all taxpayers be responsible for the fiscal irresponsibility of states they don't live in?
From outrageous pensions that massively increase a states debt to smaller more unknown acts of spending your money in a frivolous manner.
It's the same argument that applied to GM in 08. Which btw, I will NEVER buy another new GM product.
But I digress WHY should I be responsible for government mismanagement in a state I don't live in?

Because you are all one nation.

Republicans never want working people to have money. Have you noticed that. Worker wages - suppressed. No health insurance. No job security. Nothing to give the workers any hope of achieving the American Dream.

Workers in other countries aren't lining up for food banks. They're not protesting in the streets for PPE'S or because the must go back to work.

Only in America is your country in danger of collapsing over the flu.

Could you get a couple more meaningless talking points into your next post?

Getting a disease is not fiscal irresponsibility any more than getting a hurricane, earthquake or tornado

Not planning for a hurricane or tornado is irresponsible.

The folks who put up with working for their government for thirty years or more had a deal. If the state can't make the payments, there's another sector "broke." How much income is every state losing from the unemployed sitting home instead of getting a paycheck and having state taxes deducted? Not to mention the lost taxes in gasoline and sales tax generally.
Um, it is the decision of each state's governor to shut down.
What choice did they have? This is a natural disaster.

No, it is a man-made disaster caused by hysterical overreaction.

Trump is bailing out Boeing for the 3rd time since he was elected. But nothing to repair our cruddy water & sewer systems harming our immune systems & spreading disease. Republicans have picked their winners so the rest of US lose!

Remind me again why citizens of your state had to pay for your incarceration?

NO! They are all blue states too of course, Democrat run, run into the ground.

Truly any state needs to stand on their own two feet or rethink their plan, replace/recall bad people running it.

Here's a solution.

Have the federal government give back to every state every penny we send to DC. No more. No less.

That way those of us blue states won't need to be bailed out. We will just finally get our money back from DC.

That way the deadbeat red states will stop mooching of us and start living within their means. Maybe they might start taxing their populations properly to fund their states.

We blue states have been paying the way for the red states for decades. Personally, I wish the red states would pull themselves up by their bootstraps and take responsibility for their states. Stop mooching off the rest of us.

No need to bail us blue states out. Just give us back ALL the money we send to DC.

The red states will suffer but that isn't the problem of us in the blue states. You elected your state politicians who cut taxes so much for the already filthy rich that you don't have the tax dollars to support yourselves.

Good luck without blue state tax dollars and without any bail out. You're already in third world conditions in parts of red states. The rest of your states will also become third world conditions too.

Here's a solution.

Have the federal government give back to every state every penny we send to DC. No more. No less.

That way those of us blue states won't need to be bailed out. We will just finally get our money back from DC.

That way the deadbeat red states will stop mooching of us and start living within their means. Maybe they might start taxing their populations properly to fund their states.

We blue states have been paying the way for the red states for decades. Personally, I wish the red states would pull themselves up by their bootstraps and take responsibility for their states. Stop mooching off the rest of us.

No need to bail us blue states out. Just give us back ALL the money we send to DC.

The red states will suffer but that isn't the problem of us in the blue states. You elected your state politicians who cut taxes so much for the already filthy rich that you don't have the tax dollars to support yourselves.

Good luck without blue state tax dollars and without any bail out. You're already in third world conditions in parts of red states. The rest of your states will also become third world conditions too.
Here's a BETTER solution...

Trump needs to follow the Democrats' example of "Never let a good crisis go to waste"...

If the idiots in the blue states want to talk about getting help, Trump needs to demand that they cooperate with HIM for a change...

If they refuse, then the discussion is over!!!

Forum List

Back